The Autovalidation System

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Saege Tilth
Byond Username: Ulrichenstein

The Autovalidation System

Post by Saege Tilth » #588268

The logs in the game tell of the damage one player does to another player. Instead of using the logs which would technically be easier, though have some issues, I had a better idea. The autovalidation system uses a damage pie which attributes all types of damage to different players based on who did any amount of damage. The way this works is very strait forward. players are put on a table where the rows are players and columns are players who are the source of damage. This table doesn't update unless damage occurs, in which it assigns the damage to a location on the table where it adds damage over time. It doesn't remove damage when a player is healed and it doesn't count stamina damage or other non-lethal forms of damage. When a player dies, the row is processed in which the entire list of all players is checked to see who did the most damage. When a player is revived from the death, their row is reset back to 0 on all the players until they get damaged and die again.

The table grabs the highest source of player damage and excludes non-player damage, takes the name of the player who did the most damage, and checks their alignment. If they're not an antagonist of any sort, then a message shows up on the players chat bar which says "Nonvalid" which flags the kill for the player to inquire of bothering to ask for admin support. If they're an antagonist, then a message shows up that says "valid" which flags the kill for the player to know that an antagonist murdered them and so they don't have to bother the admins about getting shot with an autorifle from cargonians.

Very simple feature. Doesn't have to be implemented with a table. Could use other methods that save even more memory space. I know byond is buggy. Still worth a look into. Won't always be reliable obviously as someone can shoot someone with a syringe and put chemicals in a persons system which would clearly count as damage not attributed to a player because you can't assign specific chemicals to players separately. That would be a lot of processing.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: The Autovalidation System

Post by wesoda25 » #588269

This dude really just proposed a valid assessment machine WTF??
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #588286

aside from everything else you said that was insane, it takes admins 2 seconds to check if the person who killed you is an antagonist. we'd prefer that you just ahelp if a kill seems fishy, since it's no skin off our back. best case scenario, a shitter gets ejected
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #588294

The separation of codebase and server is kinda absolute, we shouldn't be adding stuff that codifies the rules of the admin team this strictly, especially when those rules could in theory be changed by not us.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #588301

An actual, literal banbot. This is truly the future.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #588303

Hello.

This idea is crazy, insane, utterly unworkable.

PR it and I'm sure we'll get it merged in a week.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #588395

Yeah I didn't read it but what's the impetus for this
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #588411

Congratulations, worst idea so far
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #588441

ah dont be so hard on the guy I mean its better than our current ban-bots
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #588442

i cant believe they just took away vekter’s job with automation
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
ShibaInuLord
Byond Username: ShibaInuLord

Post by ShibaInuLord » #588581

we goin paradise now
I play a retard called Deana Whittler