How should Canada retaliate for the US pulling out of the Keystone deal?

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

How should Canada retaliate for the US pulling out of the Keystone deal?

Post by Helios » #588223

What would be a reasonable retalitation for pulling out of a deal that cost tens of thousands of Canadians jobs, and negatively effected our economy.
Would pulling out of a defensive arrangement like NORAD be reasonable? Or pulling out of a trade deal?
Horza
Byond Username: HorzBor

Re: How should Canada retaliate for the US pulling out of the Keystone deal?

Post by Horza » #588224

The fact that you think Trudeau would ever retaliate for a move which fucked over Alberta and Saskatchewan is laughable. Doubly so when it's a move by Joe Biden ostensibly to combat climate change.
Spürdo spädre sbrölölö :DDDDD
Helios

Post by Helios » #588226

Horza wrote:The fact that you think Trudeau would ever retaliate for a move which fucked over Alberta and Saskatchewan is laughable. Doubly so when it's a move by Joe Biden ostensibly to combat climate change.
It fucked over Canada. When people fuck you over, you should retaliate in turn
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #588227

oil sands are disastrous for the environment, US is doing us a favor

pulling out of norad sounds like a suggestion from a commie
suggesting pulling out of a trade deal after just claiming to care about the economy even more so...

gonna need to see proof of citizenship... csis has already been alerted...

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #588229

"dude wtf they elected a democrat and he immediately set about destroying people's livelihoods?????"
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #588231

Helios wrote:Or pulling out of a trade deal?
lmao
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #588234

Helios wrote:
Horza wrote:The fact that you think Trudeau would ever retaliate for a move which fucked over Alberta and Saskatchewan is laughable. Doubly so when it's a move by Joe Biden ostensibly to combat climate change.
It fucked over Canada. When people fuck you over, you should retaliate in turn
Politicians don't care about you.
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #588235

Helios wrote:What would be a reasonable retalitation for pulling out of a deal that cost tens of thousands of Canadians jobs, and negatively effected our economy.
Would pulling out of a defensive arrangement like NORAD be reasonable? Or pulling out of a trade deal?
I don't think we would be losing much with Canada pulling out of NORAD
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #588237

Super Aggro Crag wrote:"dude wtf they elected a democrat and he immediately set about destroying people's livelihoods?????"
have you ever worked as a tradesman or talked to one?

these people literally work project to project, constantly moving between sites, usually paid by their union to stay at a hotel for the job's duration and then move on to the next.

most of these people are probably going to either just file for unemployment and wait about a week or two before they're assigned a new site to work at. the only 'livelihoods' this will fuck over are the CEOs who were dumb enough to go ahead with it when obama already denied it during his presidency and assumed republicans could keep someone in office after trump.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #588239

offer oil to china
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #588240

Keystone pipeline 4000 jobs, 35 when completed. keystone pipeline's company that is creating it does not contest this

not worth trampling all the native american land you have no right to, and certainly not worth the environmental costs
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #588242

Man what is it with you and your bizarre political takes? Like bruh did you really just say "Maybe the Canadians should pull out of NORAD"???? Like seriously dude, what the fuck?
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #588254

they should retaliate by giving money to me specifically via my bitcoin wallet address which can be found at asdf09u120fijidjowoaifj12980fjidof
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #588255

Armhulen wrote:not worth trampling all the native american land you have no right to, and certainly not worth the environmental costs
The aboriginal issue is a bit more complex than that.

A large contingent of aboriginal people (at least in Canada) support pipelines. There were a number of op-eds written last year by Wet’suwet’en chiefs complaining that the Coastal GasLink issue was being framed as “natives hate pipelines”, when in reality most aboriginal people don’t mind infrastructure development if it’s done responsibly.

TL;DR it’s more complicated than “natives vs. big oil”
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #588256

Also, if Trump played hardball with Canada for the past 4 years while Trudeau sat on his thumb, I don’t think we’ll be seeing anything crazy or drastic like you’re suggesting, Helios.

Canada is still America’s hat.
► Show Spoiler
thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #588261

Farquaar wrote:Canada is still America’s hat.
Canada is our FUCKING BITCH
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #588266

thehogshotgun wrote:
Farquaar wrote:Canada is still America’s hat.
Canada is our FUCKING BITCH
please keep hornyposting out of the off topic forum :)

big smiles,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #588267

Justin Trudeau visit sans cosplay. Just him. No costume.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Helios

Post by Helios » #588319

bobbahbrown wrote:oil sands are disastrous for the environment, US is doing us a favor

pulling out of norad sounds like a suggestion from a commie
suggesting pulling out of a trade deal after just claiming to care about the economy even more so...

gonna need to see proof of citizenship... csis has already been alerted...
Suggesting we do nothing to retaliate makes you sound like you're south of the border.
Reason I brought up NORAD is because since 1984, Canada has been disarmed from nuclear weapons. American military ships docked in vancouver and other ports have nuclear capabilities. The entire controversy started because of nuclear weapons used by the air force.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_an ... _armaments
Withdrawing or changing the agreement so Americans can't use nukes on Canadian soil seems reasonable.
If you have a more reasonable retaliation, let me know. The entire point of this thread was asking suggestions
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #588329

declare war and deploy chemical weapons
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #588337

Super Aggro Crag wrote:"dude wtf they elected a democrat and he immediately set about destroying people's livelihoods?????"
"dude wtf they elected a Democrat and he immediately set out about not destroying the environment and not contributing to the fact that the earth is slowly dying and that the US is one of the biggest contributors?????"
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #588339

> earth is slowly

bro the animals are gonna just evolve and survive the enviroment, we dont have to give them welfare and private property
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #588340

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:> earth is slowly

bro the animals are gonna just evolve and survive the enviroment, we dont have to give them welfare and private property
This is what atheists believe, guys join your local church
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #588342

I'm not sure how to tell you this Helios, but you sesame seeds dont have Hammurabi in charge. Justin Trudeau isn't going to begin a long path of vengeance leading to the deaths of everyone on the continent - he's going to be a good little dog and do nothing at all. Maybe a couple Canadians will write it in their book of grudges to be snarky with at a later date but nothing is going to happen.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #588343

Helios wrote: Suggesting we do nothing to retaliate makes you sound like you're south of the border.
this is what bad canadians say, you should be better
Horza

Post by Horza » #588356

Timonk wrote:
"dude wtf they elected a Democrat and he immediately set out about not destroying the environment and not contributing to the fact that the earth is slowly dying and that the US is one of the biggest contributors?????"
I agree, importing oil from countries with no meaningful environmental controls, no meaningful human rights policies, controlled by outright authoritarian governments, literally using slave labor, is always better.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #588366

The US would do that even with the pipeline
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #588367

thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Horza

Post by Horza » #588369

Timonk wrote:The US would do that even with the pipeline
Let's implode the entire economy of the protectorate to the north of us in order to get overpriced and unethical oil from horrifically authoritarian and murderous regimes halfway across the world.
What's that? Oil tankers burn heavy unrefined oil and more than offset the carbon savings from not buying it next door?

Nah, let's throw more homosexuals off rooftops. Gotta keep that oil under $3/gallon at all costs.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #588372

If your economy depends on building a huge nature destroying pipeline across half of north America then your economy is fucked either way
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Horza

Post by Horza » #588375

Timonk wrote:If your economy depends on building a huge nature destroying pipeline across half of north America then your economy is fucked either way
I too agree that the industrial revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #588380

DrPillzRedux wrote:Image
or uhhh

renewable energy?

The kind that creates permanent jobs, endless energy and sets the US up to be geopolitically relevant in the face of chinese renewable expansion across developing nations?
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #588382

Stickymayhem wrote:
DrPillzRedux wrote:Image
or uhhh

renewable energy?

The kind that creates permanent jobs, endless energy and sets the US up to be geopolitically relevant in the face of chinese renewable expansion across developing nations?
But that's not what lobbyists pay the people in the US govt for.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #588391

Horza wrote:
Timonk wrote:If your economy depends on building a huge nature destroying pipeline across half of north America then your economy is fucked either way
I too agree that the industrial revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
Reading this taught me things, even if it signals right-wing edgelord
NSFW:

Helios

Post by Helios » #588605

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:I'm not sure how to tell you this Helios, but you sesame seeds dont have Hammurabi in charge. Justin Trudeau isn't going to begin a long path of vengeance leading to the deaths of everyone on the continent - he's going to be a good little dog and do nothing at all. Maybe a couple Canadians will write it in their book of grudges to be snarky with at a later date but nothing is going to happen.
I asked how should Canada react, not how will Canada react.
2 different questions.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #588612

They should be happy that the US came to their senses
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #588616

Rationalism not idealism
NSFW:

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #588621

Could someone redpill me on american politics and our relations/expectations/place in global politics really quick
[this space reserved]
thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #588639

wesoda25 wrote:Could someone redpill me on american politics and our relations/expectations/place in global politics really quick
America #1. Also Europe would crumble into commie hell without chad American presence trust me on this
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #588645

wesoda25 wrote:Could someone redpill me on american politics and our relations/expectations/place in global politics really quick
https://web.archive.org/web/20201101063 ... sblast.us/
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #588692

no but especially no one here
NSFW: