Rip trump

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Rip trump

Post by cacogen » #588691

Bottom post of the previous page:

Grazyn wrote:So all you have to do to get rich is get 4chan to buy a failed company's stocks en masse then cash out when the prices skyrocket?
Anything can be pumped like this, provided there's enough interest.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #588699

I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #588700

I keep hearing about Biden sending troops into the middle east. WARMONGERER EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!

Fuck man, I wish. Trump only pulled troops from Northern Syria because Edroghan called him and convinced him it was an "unfavourable deal" IE he wasn't directly getting paid for it. Left the kurds high and dry, and oh look what a coincidence. Trump pulls out troops after a phonecall with Turkey and oh Turkey benefitted greatly by invading Syria. What a surprise.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #589640

So no mention of how they came out and straight up said there was a conspiracy against Trump to change election laws so that he would lose, suppress voters for him, block out positive media cover and do everything they could to change the outcome while making sure to control the information flow so any reports of crimes they committed wouldn't spread and be 'fact checked'?
https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

Talking about how the left completely betrayed all their principles of being for the people and against capitalism by joining hands with big business just to get rid of Trump, supporting the people who were supposed to be the most evil out there according to them?
Of course not. Just the usual shit where the present day left sells out to big business. That's who was pulling their strings all along, and that's why the modern left will never get anything impactful done.

Not just in the US either. This shit happens in Europe too. Link is for the US though
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #589641

XSI wrote:So no mention of how they came out and straight up said there was a conspiracy against Trump to change election laws so that he would lose, suppress voters for him, block out positive media cover and do everything they could to change the outcome while making sure to control the information flow so any reports of crimes they committed wouldn't spread and be 'fact checked'?

Talking about how the left completely betrayed all their principles of being for the people and against capitalism by joining hands with big business just to get rid of Trump, supporting the people who were supposed to be the most evil out there according to them?
Of course not. Just the usual shit where the present day left sells out to big business. That's who was pulling their strings all along, and that's why the modern left will never get anything impactful done.

Not just in the US either. This shit happens in Europe too. Link is for the US though
only righty sore losers could spin "bipartisan struggle to make sure democracy stays intact" as voter suppression
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #589645

i believe XSI forgot that trump is a multi billionaire that never did anything with politics unless it was lobbying until 2016 and that hes kinda big business too
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #589647

IkeTG wrote:
XSI wrote:So no mention of how they came out and straight up said there was a conspiracy against Trump to change election laws so that he would lose, suppress voters for him, block out positive media cover and do everything they could to change the outcome while making sure to control the information flow so any reports of crimes they committed wouldn't spread and be 'fact checked'?

no U
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #589648

IkeTG wrote:

only righty sore losers could spin "bipartisan struggle to make sure democracy stays intact" as voter suppression
hell yeah let's rig a vote to keep democracy intact
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #589649

Righties crying foul when the Democrats supposedly resort to the same underhanded tactics the Republicans take for granted to take out somebody like Trump, under whom 200k Americans died of COVID, many more would continue to and who almost won anyway.
NSFW:

Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #589650

Yeah on a quick glance that stuff looks fishy but it's still legal. And Trump taught us that you can do anything as long as you don't go to prison for it.
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #589651

terranaut wrote:hell yeah let's rig a vote to keep democracy intact
Republicans crying foul now gilds every moment of Biden's underwhelming presidency. You can't really vote for the party that spearheaded voter suppression and then turn around and clutch pearls about a rigged vote, that's called being a hypocrite.
Horza
Byond Username: HorzBor

Post by Horza » #589655

IkeTG wrote:
Republicans crying foul now gilds every moment of Biden's underwhelming presidency. You can't really vote for the party that spearheaded voter suppression and then turn around and clutch pearls about a rigged vote, that's called being a hypocrite.
Is there an option where you didn't vote for either party but are instead horrifiedly looking in at your broken system and seeing nothing but responses like yours, knowing it'll only serve to further divide an already broken and divided system?
If the best response you can muster to one side, any side, admitting that they used multinational news corporations and systemic voter suppression to win an election is a "oh well at least the right guy got in" then don't be surprised when the entire structure comes crashing down over your head.
Spürdo spädre sbrölölö :DDDDD
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #589656

Horza wrote:Is there an option where you didn't vote for either party but are instead horrifiedly looking in at your broken system and seeing nothing but responses like yours, knowing it'll only serve to further divide an already broken and divided system?
If the best response you can muster to one side, any side, admitting that they used multinational news corporations and systemic voter suppression to win an election is a "oh well at least the right guy got in" then don't be surprised when the entire structure comes crashing down over your head.
Buddy, it's a far cry between recognizing the blatant hypocrisy of the GOP & subsequent voters, and foolish idealism in the face of legitimate corruption and fraud. This is a matter of folks knowing the system has been broken for quite awhile, and not wanting the republicans to break it further.
Painting that as the "Best response" is just fucking dumb. Nobody is saying 'at least the right guy got in', it's just a sigh of pensive relief it wasn't worse than it is. Also vote next time, shithead.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #589657

Horza wrote:
IkeTG wrote:
Is there an option where you didn't vote for either party but are instead horrifiedly looking in at your broken system and seeing nothing but responses like yours, knowing it'll only serve to further divide an already broken and divided system?
If you realize that the other side is rigging elections you can either A) do nothing because you're honest and lose forever or B) play the game and try to win so once you're in power you can fix it

I'm not saying Biden is gonna fix it but I don't see why dems should've just rolled over and died instead of fighting back
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #589658

where's my fuckin money joe
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #589667

Grazyn wrote:
Horza wrote:
IkeTG wrote:
If you realize that the other side is rigging elections you can either A) do nothing because you're honest and lose forever or B) play the game and try to win so once you're in power you can fix it

I'm not saying Biden is gonna fix it but I don't see why dems should've just rolled over and died instead of fighting back
Do you seriously think dems don't want to perpetuate the broken system?
Horza

Post by Horza » #589688

Grazyn wrote:
Horza wrote:
IkeTG wrote:
Or you can
C) Cry foul about it because that's not the fucking way democracy or representational parliamentarism is supposed to work but I guess you're supposed to accept it because this is 1929-era Mexico and you've better buckle up for 71 fucking years of the PRI because "this is our democracy" and somehow you're supposed to sit there and take it.
Spoiler:
The aftermath is even better because then it's 21 years of slow then fast-burn cartel violence where your fucking uncle gets killed in a crossfire just because he was driving down a freeway at the wrong time.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #589742

I agree that dems shouldn't be bragging about it with stuff like that Time's piece. Mostly because it's pathetic: "we won by using our media as propaganda outlets instead of doing nothing or shooting ourselves in the foot like we did in 2016". Wow such a radical and innovative approach, do you want a cookie? I don't know what's worse, them bragging about this or republicans acting like it's the ultimate blasphemy against everything that is pure and holy in politics
XSI

Post by XSI » #589759

This seems to have resulted in just about what I expected
Not a whole lot more to say about that. Shit's fucked and the sooner people realize that Biden/democrats are just as bad as Trump/conservatives, the sooner they can get on actually fixing it. But there's still a whole lot of them going "At least it's not Trump fucking us" when they're getting lubed up for corporate cock
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #589781

Never thought I'd agree with XSI
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #589782

It's basically admitting to what happens every election and is not in any way surprising or illegal but it definitely is much more akin to dming schizophrenics random numbers every day with that baity title. That's like making an article saying that this election we gerrymandered. Like... both sides do a lot?
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #589785

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/02/03/tech ... ssion=true

It's nice to read a feel-good story for a change
XSI

Post by XSI » #589800

Fuck Qanon especially
That cultlike "Just trust the plan bro!" is idiotbait and yet somehow people fall for that too
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #589803

XSI wrote:Fuck Qanon especially
That cultlike "Just trust the plan bro!" is idiotbait and yet somehow people fall for that too
could it be that they're idiots
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #589846

Screemonster wrote:
I'm just sayin', it isn't a surprise that a majority of academics are leftists.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #589852

FloranOtten wrote:
Screemonster wrote:
I'm just sayin', it isn't a surprise that a majority of academics are leftists.
Cite source or trolling
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #589853

I saw the source on digg
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

XSI

Post by XSI » #589884

That's one I really don't need a source for, though I would read one just to see how they're explaining it and what other possible links there are. Simple logic can explain it though

Universities and many university-education requiring jobs are in big cities
Big cities are often very left-wing and have larger amounts of social pressure to conform to said views
And so it is not a surprise that the majority of academics either are leftist or pretending to be leftist to save their jobs(And thus their entire investment of decades in getting those jobs)
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #589885

>Big cities are often very left-wing
And how do you explain that?
NSFW:

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #589887

cacogen wrote:>Big cities are often very left-wing
Exposure to diversity breeds tolerance. If you work with many races, lifestyles and so on, you'll begin to tolerate them. This is a well studied well evidenced effect which makes sense. If you interact with trans people on the daily and they aren't secret Jk Rowling predators out to grab you in a bathroom stall but Janet and Pete in accounting who are pretty good at ping pong and baking the propaganda just doesn't work on you the same way.

Also there is an obvious but under discussed effect on the distribution of resources. It is simply easier to provide higher quality schools, hospitals and other services in a city with high population density than a spread out population, so the services are better, and the people end up better educated and healthier. Your mileage may vary from state to state because america is obviously a nightmare clown world but generally speaking cities have better access to services.

Also you retards do know how to google right:

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/20 ... ed-adults/

The education/politics divide is not only well studied, but literally constantly brought up in the us media as context for demographic voting populations.

But you retards don't read real journalism so I'm not surprised.

(Q)ue the retards going >lmao real journalism i read a facebook meme that says soros has murdochs balls in a vice and makes him print whatever the jewish shadow council tells him to hurr hurr my zero accountability facebook groups and pol threads are where the real news lives

It's very easy to tell what the dangers to conservatism as an ideology are because they'll get demonised. Don't engage the left they're crazy! Don't look at the mainstream media it'll lie to you it's all lies! Don't go to cities they're full of black people and crime statistics!!! Really they just want to keep you in a bubble of information you'll never leave, while assuring you that your "OPPOSITION" does the same thing.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
XSI

Post by XSI » #589901

That's very simple
Right wing politics focus more on tradition and self-sufficiency(Whether individual or per family/community). You can't be self-sufficient in a city, there just isn't the land or resources for it. So right wing ideologies are more common in rural areas and smaller towns.
Left wing politics are more focused on collectivism by force of numbers. Which is easier to accept when you're in a place with a lot of people. If you have no choice but to rely on other people for everything in your life and there is no space or resources to be self-sufficient, then social pressure will naturally make many people accept the view in that area for their own good.
Somewhat recently people(Mainly corporate and financial organisation related) became aware of this and began to wield that social pressure as a weapon to try to shape the activist movements into ones that are less harmful to their interests(Even into ones that they could actively profit off), and to aim them at parts of society that they do not consider useful and would rather see less powerful. This is not just a left wing problem either. The right wing in most countries has been taken over(through other methods) for a long time now, we're just seeing the left go through the same thing, and they're happy about it and calling it a good thing.

Unless one sees the entire country/state/whatever higher organizational level that includes rural areas as their community in a unifying manner(Nationalism), it is difficult to bring right-wing principles into an urban setting. It's just not how the world works in cities.
This is of course not counting the ancaps and some other less well known ideologies. But then left-right is not really ideal when discussing politics either
Horza

Post by Horza » #589909

Stickymayhem wrote:
Exposure to diversity breeds tolerance. If you work with many races, lifestyles and so on, you'll begin to tolerate them. This is a well studied well evidenced effect which makes sense. If you interact with trans people on the daily and they aren't secret Jk Rowling predators out to grab you in a bathroom stall but Janet and Pete in accounting who are pretty good at ping pong and baking the propaganda just doesn't work on you the same way.

Also there is an obvious but under discussed effect on the distribution of resources. It is simply easier to provide higher quality schools, hospitals and other services in a city with high population density than a spread out population, so the services are better, and the people end up better educated and healthier. Your mileage may vary from state to state because america is obviously a nightmare clown world but generally speaking cities have better access to services.

The education/politics divide is not only well studied, but literally constantly brought up in the us media as context for demographic voting populations.

(Q)ue the retards going >lmao real journalism i read a facebook meme that says soros has murdochs balls in a vice and makes him print whatever the jewish shadow council tells him to hurr hurr my zero accountability facebook groups and pol threads are where the real news lives

It's very easy to tell what the dangers to conservatism as an ideology are because they'll get demonised. Don't engage the left they're crazy! Don't look at the mainstream media it'll lie to you it's all lies! Don't go to cities they're full of black people and crime statistics!!! Really they just want to keep you in a bubble of information you'll never leave, while assuring you that your "OPPOSITION" does the same thing.
This post is like the textual form of falling down some stairs and hitting every step with my head.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #589919

I don't know if I agree with sticky or horza help
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #589923

Timonk wrote:I don't know if I agree with sticky or horza help
who use less word? smart!!!
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #589925

Stickymayhem wrote:Exposure to diversity breeds tolerance. If you work with many races, lifestyles and so on, you'll begin to tolerate them. This is a well studied well evidenced effect which makes sense. If you interact with trans people on the daily and they aren't secret Jk Rowling predators out to grab you in a bathroom stall but Janet and Pete in accounting who are pretty good at ping pong and baking the propaganda just doesn't work on you the same way.
Requesting source.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #589927

Horza wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:

This post is like the textual form of falling down some stairs and hitting every step with my head.
regretfully i was highposting

reading it back it's all correct though i am physically incapable of being wrong about anything
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #589928

XSI wrote:
That's very simple
Right wing politics focus more on tradition and self-sufficiency(Whether individual or per family/community). You can't be self-sufficient in a city, there just isn't the land or resources for it. So right wing ideologies are more common in rural areas and smaller towns.
Left wing politics are more focused on collectivism by force of numbers. Which is easier to accept when you're in a place with a lot of people. If you have no choice but to rely on other people for everything in your life and there is no space or resources to be self-sufficient, then social pressure will naturally make many people accept the view in that area for their own good.
Somewhat recently people(Mainly corporate and financial organisation related) became aware of this and began to wield that social pressure as a weapon to try to shape the activist movements into ones that are less harmful to their interests(Even into ones that they could actively profit off), and to aim them at parts of society that they do not consider useful and would rather see less powerful. This is not just a left wing problem either. The right wing in most countries has been taken over(through other methods) for a long time now, we're just seeing the left go through the same thing, and they're happy about it and calling it a good thing.

Unless one sees the entire country/state/whatever higher organizational level that includes rural areas as their community in a unifying manner(Nationalism), it is difficult to bring right-wing principles into an urban setting. It's just not how the world works in cities.
This is of course not counting the ancaps and some other less well known ideologies. But then left-right is not really ideal when discussing politics either
this is like when a male author writes a female character and you get such an understanding of that author's worldview through what they honestly understand to be another person's worldview.

XSI is exactly as deranged as I expected from his concern trolling this is literally an understanding of politics derived from facebook memes and /pol/
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #589929

Stickymayhem wrote:
XSI wrote:
That's very simple

this is like when a male author writes a female character and you get such an understanding of that author's worldview through what they honestly understand to be another person's worldview.

XSI is exactly as deranged as I expected from his concern trolling this is literally an understanding of politics derived from facebook memes and /pol/
What the fuck does any of that mean?
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #589930

You know, that article you linked doesn't really underline your point - you could have found much better ones I imagine.

Conservative percentages outside of a little anomaly at postgrad don't change over the degree of education, only liberal and mixed. Further, using the metric "has a degree" as a measure of knowledge skips over just how many degrees are arguably a complete and utter waste of time and money - from my experience, the worst offenders are almost always full of "follow your dreams :)" liberals. Don't get me started on "in the leftist commune im gonna be leading theory discussion on some days, and making clothes from scraps and lattes as needed :) :) :)".

With the same dataset, one could potentially argue that conservatives are more 'practical' at choosing careers which lends them more often to just take a trade instead of going to tertiary education.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #589932

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Despite doing no research or looking at anything, here are really obvious ways these datasets I've never looked at are definitely corrupted in ways not accounted for by academics who I am smarter than due to reading a big book on roman society
I will never get bored of conservatives using their high school sociology critiques of studies assuming that literally the first thing they thought of was never considered by actual professionals in the field.

Your literal first thought is something that legions of experts in the field have never considered. Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #589933

Stickymayhem wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Despite doing no research or looking at anything, here are really obvious ways these datasets I've never looked at are definitely corrupted in ways not accounted for by academics who I am smarter than due to reading a big book on roman society
I will never get bored of conservatives using their high school sociology critiques of studies assuming that literally the first thing they thought of was never considered by actual professionals in the field.

Your literal first thought is something that legions of experts in the field have never considered. Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
buh buh buh a peel to xspurts muich?

gottem :ugeek:
XSI

Post by XSI » #589934

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:Exposure to diversity breeds tolerance. If you work with many races, lifestyles and so on, you'll begin to tolerate them. This is a well studied well evidenced effect which makes sense. If you interact with trans people on the daily and they aren't secret Jk Rowling predators out to grab you in a bathroom stall but Janet and Pete in accounting who are pretty good at ping pong and baking the propaganda just doesn't work on you the same way.
Requesting source.
I haven't read Sticky's posts because he hasn't posted anything worth reading in several years now, but here's one
http://archive.fo/MZRMZ

Diversity leads to 'tolerance', which can be more accurately be described as apathy, cynicism and depression. It includes things such as a strong link to lowered rates of community investments, charity, interpersonal trust, economic growth, innovativeness, GDP, and reported happiness of the population
But it also leads to a strongly reduced rate of unionization so for the rich it's a net benefit to keep the workers 'diverse'. Then they won't organize as easily or as often. But you can check the Amazon manager's handbook for that and other ways to play people against eachother
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #589935

Hey Schutzstaffelmayhem I'm French now, please respect mes pronouns.

Anyone who's taken a basic class on statistics or any of the sciences knows "correlation vs causation". Tell me, where does the article indicate anything other than the raw data presented? It says "more educated" which is an easy blanket term for "has a degree". You've used it as evidence of "HA see smart people vote for liberals", when the article never makes that statement. Unless you're telling me you're the "professional in the field" making the judgement call on what a statistic means?

Please learn how to read in future, thanks.

edit: I didn't even notice your halfwit "heh i know he's gonna pull out the appeal to authority fallacy i'll show him first" get out of my face lmfao.
Last edited by XivilaiAnaxes on Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #589936

Stickymayhem wrote:

Are you copypasting, highposting, or just being british?
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #589957

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Further, using the metric "has a degree" as a measure of knowledge skips over just how many degrees are arguably a complete and utter waste of time and money
like what
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #589979

IkeTG wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Further, using the metric "has a degree" as a measure of knowledge skips over just how many degrees are arguably a complete and utter waste of time and money
like what
Dance Studies, Gay and Lesbian Studies, Queer Theory, Liberal Arts,
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #589985

Stickymayhem wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:

buh buh buh a peel to xspurts muich?

gottem :ugeek:
Imagine being so unaware of what you are posting that you are mocking yourself, unaware that you are actually mocking yourself
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #590078

XSI wrote: Right wing politics focus more on tradition and self-sufficiency(Whether individual or per family/community). You can't be self-sufficient in a city, there just isn't the land or resources for it. So right wing ideologies are more common in rural areas and smaller towns.
This is interesting, because my experience with social conservatism has been that it's very "fit in or fuck off" in that Australian sense. Collectivist, conformist and anti-individualist. The social pressure you describe leftism as having is defining of my experience with social conservativism, and well-established on sites like 4chan where people who go against the values of the majority face severe social repercussions. Not just the posters who usually have limited exposure due to the anonymity, but anyone who has caught the eye of the site and whose threads gain traction.

From my experience I agree with the emphasis placed on "self-sufficiency", but you present it as living off the land in a libertarian or isolationist way which doesn't represent what I've seen in which traditional employment (e.g. wageslavery) and doing your fair share (which often amounts to not much, but only needs to be holding a "real" job) are critical and failure to do so is extremely shameful.

The same problems you have with leftism are the reasons I hate conservatives.
XSI wrote:Somewhat recently people(Mainly corporate and financial organisation related) became aware of this and began to wield that social pressure as a weapon to try to shape the activist movements into ones that are less harmful to their interests(Even into ones that they could actively profit off), and to aim them at parts of society that they do not consider useful and would rather see less powerful. This is not just a left wing problem either.
I agree with this. Woke capitalism is an example of it. The overton window is a related concept. Fierce debate is provoked within safe boundaries to keep people distracted by things that don't threaten the real interests of the people in power.

Trump is a great example of a grifter on the right taking advantage of the discontent of stupid people for his own gain and the gain of other wealthy people without doing anything to meaningfully improve their lives.
Stickymayhem wrote:
Horza wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Exposure to diversity breeds tolerance. If you work with many races, lifestyles and so on, you'll begin to tolerate them.
regretfully i was highposting

reading it back it's all correct though i am physically incapable of being wrong about anything
So XSI was saying how the majority of academics are either leftist or pretending to be leftist because universities and many jobs that require a university education are in big cities which are often very left-wing. He was using this to dismiss the idea that the majority of academics are leftist because academia requires intelligence.

He didn't explain why cities were very left-wing, though. So I wanted to know why he thought that was, because to me it's because the higher cost of living requires higher paying jobs which usually require higher levels of academic achievement which requires higher levels of intelligence. I believe being right-wing is for cruel, dishonest cheaters and people who lack the intelligence necessary to deal with the complexity of the world.

But according to you it's because diversity breeds tolerance and something about being retards who don't read real journalism and according to him it's because you can't be self-sufficient in a city which means reliance on other people which necessitates conformity to the overwhelming social view.

I've never lived in a big city and my experiences in them have been limited so I can't verify either of these things but I will say though that growing up in a small town there was still plenty of diversity and not a lot of tolerance, and as I said in my replies to XSI there was no lack of social pressure, collectivism or a lack of real self-sufficiency.
If I were one of your internet debate opponents in this thread I would put this in my signature.
NSFW:

XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #590082

cacogen wrote:snip
A more eloquent opinion than I expected on this board, to be honest.

My experience from an upper class conservative upbringing was more "Fuck off we want to be left alone" style of isolationist, regardless if someone fits in as long as they keep to themselves it doesn't matter. Granted this is in Australia where everyone is a bit of that. Most distaste back then of lefties always stemmed from their tendency to put themselves out there and get in your way - "free david hicks" (lmfao fuck that, guy deserved to rot in prison) protestors on the way to school and that sort of thing.

Definitely agree on self sufficient as in "Have a job" as opposed to living off the land - like nobody expects to actually do everything themselves that's bizarre society needs specialists. My personal opinion is "Righties think everyone should fix themselves up before looking to society" as opposed to "Everyone should band together first". Although "right" and "left" are arguably weak ways to describe one's political beliefs.

Also agreeing on woke capitalism and especially the idpol that normally comes along for the ride. Idpol in general is fucking stupid and a good part of my disagreement with regard to lefties is directly tied to it, I've never had a rightie proudly tell me about "bro we got a white guy in the white house again!". Righties normally keep quiet with their own stupid idpol because it's generally "bad optics" to be seen espousing it.

The main part of my hatred for lefties stems from how many appear to see strength (in whatever form) as a bad thing. I can respect vegans/vegetarians for having the discipline to stick to a diet for whatever reason they have for it. But shit like "fatphobia" makes my fucking blood boil - no it isn't "beautiful", no it isn't "just who I am :)", it isn't something to be remotely proud of, it's a lack of self discipline. "Bro having muscles is a fascist physique" isn't the kind of crap you'd get outside of absolute whackjobs. The sort of "nah man just jell with it", "weeds good for ya man it feels good" attitude towards life that so often comes with the people on the left side of the proverbial aisle just makes me sick and is the reason I always identified as a rightie back in my uni days. Like I don't hate half the policy but fuck if I'm standing shoulder to shoulder with some of these nutcases I'm gonna die inside.

Also lmfao totally taking the sig idea.
Last edited by XivilaiAnaxes on Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #590085

thehogshotgun wrote:
IkeTG wrote:
like what
those are useful degrees
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #590088

IkeTG wrote:
thehogshotgun wrote:
IkeTG wrote:
like what
those are useful degrees
[youtube]gvdf5n-zI14[/youtube]