Appeals which have been closed.
Quagg
Byond Username: Quagg

[Fayrik] Quagg - Month Science Jobban

Post by Quagg » #59025

Byond account and character name:Quagg/Prue Evans
Banning admin:Fayrik (TrialAdmin)
Ban type (e.g. Engineering jobban):Science Jobban
Ban reason and length:Detonating a bomb as non-antag, month Science Jobban, 4 day ban
Time ban was placed (including time zone):6:30AM, Central time
Your side of the story: For the past few rounds, Johnny English/TheDoctorAwesome, had been making bombs in toxins. It was 6:30AM, and we were all tired, and he implanted a bomb in himself and Pun Pun. I was the only person to whom he had given the detonation code and frequency, and I had it pre-programmed on a remote signaler in my bag. At the time, the HoP and HoS were standing around talking, and had pretty much made me the acting captain, as I was the only other head, the RD. I had finished R&D, and used telescience to get the nuke. I was running around, being chased by Johnny, trying to protect my precious nukie-poo. Eventually, cargo got the Angry Russian event, and Johnny and I decided to detonate him in the cargo shuttle, killing the Russians. After we called the cargo shuttle, Sequoia Irons, the HoS, who had been sitting around chatting with the HoP, told us not to detonate him on the shuttle, but to launch him out the mass driver in toxins instead. We told her no, and not to try to stop us, as if she did, it wouldn't end well, and just to leave us alone, but she came in cargo, flash-banged us all, tased Johnny and I, cuffed him, and forcefully drug him to toxins. I detonated him right as she was launching him, and as I said, it wasn't pretty. Seq and Johnny were gibbed, and the QM, I don't know his name or ckey, died from brute, suffocation, and the explosion. After that, I didn't hear anything from anyone, and me and the only other non-braindead surviving crew-member decided to call the shuttle. After we called it, I got a PM from Fayrik asking why I detonated it, and I told him that I did it because I had promised Johnny I would, and we had warned Seq, but she didn't heed our warning. I also said that I was fulfilling his last request. I didn't get a response for a while, so I thought I was in the clear, but about 10-20 minutes later, Fayrik PM'ed me again saying that I would get the aforementioned ban, and before I could respond, saying hindsight 20/20 and defending myself, he banned me. I think the HoP was Sybil Secutie (RemieRichards, I think, but don't take my word for it, I'm not 100% sure), but I'm not entirely sure, this did happen about 4 days before the post.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Honestly, we were just having fun, and it was most likely an extended round. It could have been avoided has Seq not been such an ass, and gotten butthurt over something she had been warned of. In all fairness, we did warn her, and she came in and forcefully attempted to mass driver Johnny.I read over /tg/'s rules, and I didn't see it explicitly mentioned, but I could defend myself with Wheaton's Law, don't be a dick.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Fayrik] Quagg - Month Science Jobban

Post by Saegrimr » #59038

There are very few times where nonantag bombing is okay. Someone being an asshole is definitely not very high on that list.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Fayrik
Byond Username: Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #59070

Okay, I'd like to start out by saying that this is the first ban I've ever made, and my inexperience has certainly shown.
I'm sorry that I didn't give you enough time to fully explain yourself, I will certainly avoid making this mistake in the future.
However.
I had been observing that entire round since the start, and yet from the moment that bomb went off it was immediately clear to me that no one had expected it to happen.
Considering this from Sequoia Irons' point of view, she was trying to deal with a bomb threat on the station, yet, I've even tried considering this from Johnny English's perspective: After all, he was about to get spaced.
But getting blown up, along with several other people really wasn't any better for him.

In conclusion, I'm going to stand by this ban, so that next time you might think twice before detonating a bomb.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #60081

Seeing as the op has not replied for several days I am considering this resolved.

PM me if this was in error.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin