Trevic
Byond Username: Trevic

Penterwast's ban of TREVAX

Post by Trevic » #592662

BYOND account: TREVAX
Character name: No idea
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "Permban for metacommunications, confirmed by admin sting. Denied doing so ingame.
Time ban was placed: 2018-10-16
Server you were playing on when banned: I do not remember, sorry.
Round ID in which ban was placed: #35533
Your side of the story: I honestly do not remember the details, I do remember being incredibly new to SS13 at the time and not really knowing what to do. So I hopped on with my friend and fucked around. Really regret that as I now love the game, Didnt know it was against the rules at the time until I was questioned by an admin if I was doing it. When I was questioned I assumed it was bannable so I denied it when I should not have.
Why you think you should be unbanned: To be honest, It wasnt unfair at all. It was me, I was stupid and new to the game, I regret doing it as I love SS13 now. Im only asking for another chance.
References of good conduct: I've played Beestation and sometimes Fulp.
Last edited by Trevic on Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: 3 Year Ban Apppeal

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #592665

Trevic

Re: 3 Year Ban Apppeal

Post by Trevic » #592668

Yes, I have bans on Beestation. None of Fulp, I always seem to run into trouble with the staff on Beestation but never on Fulp. However, most of the bans on Beestation were appealed. I can explain most of them, The one where I shot rockets at departures was at a different mech who was trying to kill me, Admins never took that into account. And the one where I "Murderboned on shuttle" a staff member gave me the "Ok" saying I could do it and a different staff member banned me for doing it. Just miscommunication on their part but I didnt want to take the time to go through an appeal process as on Beestation appeals take a while to actually get a response i've noticed. My first appeal took like 8 days, wasnt putting time into an appeal just for it to be accepted on the last day of the ban. Besides I didnt think a week ban for Ghost spawns was a huge deal so I dealt with it, even though I felt as if I was treated unfairly. Apologies for not listing them IN the appeal.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Penterwast's ban of TREVAX

Post by Timberpoes » #592829

Hi. Penterwast is no longer an admin, so I'm picking this up to deal with.

However, https://centcom.melonmesa.com/viewer/view/trevic seems to report you as having two very recent and active bans from other servers. It would appear your ban appeal here coincides with your month ban from Bee on their MRP server.

Your historic Bee bans appear to paint you as at best a greytider and at worst a collosal shitter at least by their own server rules. Not a deal breaker by any means, since server standards and server moderation standards differ and your ban reasons from there aren't really linked to your ban reason from tg for metacomms.

However, your vg ban is of significantly far more concern to me.

http://ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&p=33455#p33455

This is something that would net you an immediate zero-hope-of-appeal permaban from almost any SS13 server and that is not a case of subjective server moderation.

Can you explain what led to this ban? Could you also explain why you feel we should take the risk of unbanning you when you have a very recent record of "joking" about trying to rape another player which would have almost certainly netted you a permaban from tgstation had you done the same thing here instead?
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #592831

In addition, if you can obtain a voucher from another server that would go a long way towards convincing us that you'll be a good fit for our servers.

This involves going to another server and getting enough clean hours that an admin from that server is willing to vouch for your behaviour on that server. This is generally a very informal process and how each server handles giving vouches to other servers is something they would be able to answer better for you.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Trevic

Post by Trevic » #592832

Timberpoes wrote:Hi. Penterwast is no longer an admin, so I'm picking this up to deal with.

However, https://centcom.melonmesa.com/viewer/view/trevic seems to report you as having two very recent and active bans from other servers. It would appear your ban appeal here coincides with your month ban from Bee on their MRP server.

Your historic Bee bans appear to paint you as at best a greytider and at worst a collosal shitter at least by their own server rules. Not a deal breaker by any means, since server standards and server moderation standards differ and your ban reasons from there aren't really linked to your ban reason from tg for metacomms.

However, your vg ban is of significantly far more concern to me.

http://ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&p=33455#p33455

This is something that would net you an immediate zero-hope-of-appeal permaban from almost any SS13 server and that is not a case of subjective server moderation.

Can you explain what led to this ban? Could you also explain why you feel we should take the risk of unbanning you when you have a very recent record of "joking" about trying to rape another player which would have almost certainly netted you a permaban from tgstation had you done the same thing here instead?
Oh shit, yeah I remember that. That was never intended to be took seriously at all, yeah I realised I shouldnt have done it after the fact, I do feel bad for the person if he took anything I said seriously when It was definitely supposed to be a joke without any being serious. There was literally no RP in that no /mes or anything. I fuck around a lot but I shouldnt have done that, I can see how that would be taking too far even if it is just a joke. To be clear, I never did any actual ERP It was all just threats which shouldnt be an excuse but it definitely is better then you thinking there was any roleplay in it. I was definitely a shitter on that server, and regret it but I have no intention of doing anything like that on TGstation. I dont know about the voucher however, I think some admins on fulpstation are starting to be pretty cool with me, sure I get notes but i've only been boinked like once and recently talked to an admin and got a note removed. However right now im not sure I could get a voucher. However, I should not have done anything like that on vgstation, I dont think they understand the full of it as those arnt even the whole of the logs and the admin member who actually warned me saw the whole thing. To be clear, Never did any Roleplay at all. Just said threats but i know I should not have done that, and never plan on doing anything like that again.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #592835

Before your response I was mindful to close your appeal outright, but I understand that other servers have different moderation teams and different standards, as well as different rules. Their rules are not our rules and I did not want to base my decision entirely upon other servers and their rules.

I respect your introspection and the fact you have owned up to and seem to mostly understand what my concerns were and have laid out answers to directly address them.

However, I am still not 100% convinced. As a result, I am denying this specific appeal. This will lock you out of appealing this ban again for another full year.

That being said, I will open a simple offer to you: If you can return with a good enough voucher from another server (for example, Fulp) I'll be happy to look into this again with a view to genuinely removing your ban. I'm not looking for perfect conduct, just some evidence that you're able to broadly follow rules for a respectable period of time and that you can conduct yourself without any more major faux pas like you did on vg.

If you can obtain that voucher, you are welcome to open up a new appeal at any time before the one year time limit is over providing your appeal includes that voucher.

I believe this is a fair compromise. Do you understand everything I've written above or do you have any further questions?
Trevic

Post by Trevic » #592838

Timberpoes wrote:Before your response I was mindful to close your appeal outright, but I understand that other servers have different moderation teams and different standards, as well as different rules. Their rules are not our rules and I did not want to base my decision entirely upon other servers and their rules.

I respect your introspection and the fact you have owned up to and seem to mostly understand what my concerns were and have laid out answers to directly address them.

However, I am still not 100% convinced. As a result, I am denying this specific appeal. This will lock you out of appealing this ban again for another full year.

That being said, I will open a simple offer to you: If you can return with a good enough voucher from another server (for example, Fulp) I'll be happy to look into this again with a view to genuinely removing your ban. I'm not looking for perfect conduct, just some evidence that you're able to broadly follow rules for a respectable period of time and that you can conduct yourself without any more major faux pas like you did on vg.

If you can obtain that voucher, you are welcome to open up a new appeal at any time before the one year time limit is over providing your appeal includes that voucher.

I believe this is a fair compromise. Do you understand everything I've written above or do you have any further questions?
Yeah, I understand.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #592839

Excellent. Thank you for your patience and your time!