Remove the ability to completely purge security's records with a button press

A place to record your ideas for the game.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Remove the ability to completely purge security's records with a button press

Post by SkeletalElite » #590697

Removing individual records is fine and you can still remove them all by doing it one at a time but it takes longer and is more effort.

There is no reason to completely wipe all records, it's literally just a button to grief sec.

Edit: Or restrict it to emagged records console
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Remove the ability to completely purge security's records with a button press

Post by cacogen » #590699

I agree
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Saege Tilth
Byond Username: Ulrichenstein

Re: Remove the ability to completely purge security's records with a button press

Post by Saege Tilth » #591734

"I died as ninja. Please remove feature that makes it harder for me".

No. If anything the feature needs to be in that sets everybody to unarrest at the push of a button. Purging security records doesn't prevent someone from being set to arrest. You just have to manually put their name in and stop being so dependent on the game handing you what you want. It's given you the tools you need to do whatever you have to do.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #592555

Saege Tilth wrote:"I died as ninja. Please remove feature that makes it harder for me".

No. If anything the feature needs to be in that sets everybody to unarrest at the push of a button. Purging security records doesn't prevent someone from being set to arrest. You just have to manually put their name in and stop being so dependent on the game handing you what you want. It's given you the tools you need to do whatever you have to do.
What?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #592803

Saege Tilth wrote:"I died as ninja. Please remove feature that makes it harder for me".

If you mean that someone using security records to set you on arrest is what kills you as ninja then this is the wrong thread for that. This one is about removing security records, not adding them.
If you mean that someone deleting security records is what kills you as ninja then you're dying for completely unrelated reasons rip

I can't really tell what you mean in general here though tbh
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #592979

Ayy Lemoh wrote:

If you mean that someone using security records to set you on arrest is what kills you as ninja then this is the wrong thread for that. This one is about removing security records, not adding them.
If you mean that someone deleting security records is what kills you as ninja then you're dying for completely unrelated reasons rip

they mean that it counters ninja's hack ability on the security records console, which sets everyone to arrest
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #592982

Jaredfogle wrote:
Ayy Lemoh wrote:

they mean that it counters ninja's hack ability on the security records console, which sets everyone to arrest
I can't help but think that the solution to this is to smash the consoles after hacking them
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #595630

What if...

we keep it as is or similar for the ninja, but require other crew members to use emag?

Deleting security records is a feature that is predominately used by antags. I would suggest locking single record deletion behind HoS/Captain access and mass deletion behind emag.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #605214

Last edited by BlueMemesauce on Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #605229

Screemonster wrote: I can't help but think that the solution to this is to smash the consoles after hacking them
That seems impractical, given that there's one at the bridge, a shitload at the brig, one at most (all?) arrivals and department security checkpoints for most (all?) maps...
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #605296

Pandarsenic wrote:
Screemonster wrote: I can't help but think that the solution to this is to smash the consoles after hacking them
That seems impractical, given that there's one at the bridge, a shitload at the brig, one at most (all?) arrivals and department security checkpoints for most (all?) maps...
he meant the emagged console dipshit, to make this post approved I have to provide insight. Let's just make it so only ninja can do this and emagged console.
Living God

Extraordinary Person