Medbay responsibilities: Rage Cage edition.

carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Medbay responsibilities: Rage Cage edition.

Post by carshalash » #594141

Okay so, honestly I've seen nothing more stressful for medbay than having active rage cages on the station. Crewmembers constantly are killing themselves and then being dragged to medbay leaving their blood splattered across the halls instead of in their body, it is then the responsibility of the poor doctors on hand to fix them up and refill them with blood/iron pills. This is INCREDIBLY annoying and tedious for the doctors having to do this endlessly, some times even for the same person in the span of just 5 minutes.

I propose that doctors should have the right to just, ignore patients that came from rage cages and site my favourite saying when it comes to ss13.
"Play Stupid Games Win Stupid Prizes"
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Medbay responsibilities: Rage Cage edition.

Post by wesoda25 » #594142

What makes you think they don’t already?
[this space reserved]
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #594147

Genuinely, you can already. We have the same policy in place for people who repeatedly drink themselves to death. You don't have to keep reviving them. Just stab 'em with a pen and throw 'em in dead assistant storage.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #594148

As a prior medmain myself, I've absolutely let people live with the consequences of their own actions.
It's unreasonable to obligate medstaff to save people that actively harm themselves. They can spend that effort helping actual victims instead.

Just use half an ounce of discretion in doing so and it shouldn't ever make an issue of itself.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #594151

Having to add a policy because your medical system is no longer able to keep up with even the demand a rage cage places on it
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #594161

Has any doctor every been punished for not helping someone?
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #594162

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Has any doctor every been punished for not helping someone?
I've heard anecdote of it happening, but I'm not sure if the person was talking about a tg related server.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #594163

You already can ! If someone continues hurting themselves, just don't treat them. I actually love things like rage cages and the tram as a med main because it creates work for me to do.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #594168

did you forget the [MRP] tag? nobody is gonna bwoink you for ignoring a dead person
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #594176

literally the worst thing that can happen if you dont revive someone as md is them yelling in ooc "AHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO im DEAD stUPID DOCTOR REVIVE MEEEEEEEEEIFDSIVeREEVERIGJETJIHgjp KSF reviER WEJFIEW JESJF Sj'
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #594218

Rage cage attendees who expect a second revival are delusional. Even the first revival from medbay is pushing it given how much work it can be if you really got wailed on
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #597423

If you are repeatedly dying in a rage cage to the point it's annoying the medical doctors, you should not expect a revival. Though medical staff should make it clear when they're fed up with reviving you.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes.
Domitius: Yes.
Naloac: Yes.