Byond Username: Whiskey_oneone

Job ban and Note appeal

Post by Derrick Chamberlain » #594584

[NOTE] [<Admin Name>] SpaceLove
BYOND account: Whiskey_oneone
Character name: Derrick Chamberlain
The note itself:
2021-03-05 12:04:39 | TGMC | SpaceLove

Banned from Roles: Captain, Field Commander, Staff Officer, Pilot Officer, Tank Crewman, Synthetic, AI, Chief Ship Engineer, Requisitions Officer, Chief Medical Officer for 1 day - Frontlined as CSE. Was warned about the round before this ban took place. Did netspeaking as well in IC, "He keeps pming me", "he is a trial mod"

Time note was placed: 12:04:39

Round ID in which note was placed: 7672

Your side of the story: I want to start of by saying I have spent the entire round as CSE on the FOB and around the FOB fortifying and organizing defenses, logistics, etc. the last 5-7 minutes of the round where the confrontation that resulted in a job ban happened. As the round was nearing it's conclusion a thought came into mind, to ensure xenos have no chance of winning or extending the round beyond where we currently are I wanted to head to colony engineering to uncorrupt generators alongside the marines that dropped newly and the ones that had just finished assaulting (successfully) and hunting down spawning pools, so we: CMO, some squad marines, an SG, and myself (the CSE) start heading to colony engineering to uncorrupt the gens. There happened to have been xenos there, moment after making contact with xenos and I am defending myself and other marines. I get a PM saying this -- Private Message --
Trial Admin PM from-SpaceLove: So what is your reasoning of frontline combatting?
Click on the staff member's name to reply. I was very annoyed because this happened last round aswell, though despite playing for months and half my time as CSE and countless deployments to the surface this is the first, and second time now, that ANYONE, ANYONE! Has even remotely had a problem with me playing slightly aggressively. It was not as if I was even frontline the caves. I was doing an objective around the FOB, colony engineering is not far from FOB. Not to mention the severe lack of engineers on the ground due to them being dead or logging out. That is my side of the story. I am being job banned for something that happened in the last 5 minutes of the round (We all knew the round was coming to an end, just pay attention to marine comms when they say: [Common (SGnr)] LCPL Aiden 'Thunder' Anderson says, "LAST POOL.", [Common (SGnr)] LCPL Aiden 'Thunder' Anderson says, "POOLS DESTROYED.", Common (SGnr)] LCPL Aiden 'Thunder' Anderson says, "ALL OF THEM." You get the point.)

Why do you think it should be removed/reworded: I absolutely think my job ban and this note was unfair, I would want it removed if possible. I have seen many times before front lining researchers, CLs, MOs, CMOs, CSEs (of course) a few names come to mind, but I am not going to say them, it is not relevant. Why now after all this time was I hit with a job ban? Why has no other admin taken such grievance with me before I am not a new player to the server so if this was a problem it would have been brought up before. And after reviewing the rules. I A. Never abandoned my department, B. Rarely left the FOB until the end of the round to do an objective. and C. I had gone back at times to run req, load OB, recharge reactors (and when I went back to FOB I sent my ST do man those departments he did fine) It is stated in Rule 5 "Prescedents section 4 Shipside roles, such as Medical Officers, Cargo Technicians, Ship Engineers, or IOs, should not deploy if their departments are not being taken care of. They must additionally get permission from their higher-ups, and remain in FOB while deployed. They should not leave their departments completely abandoned either." The FC who could have told me to fuck off at any given moment (before he died) never said a word about it. An SO was active for half the round when I was on the surface, and not once did they tell me I was out of line and that I needed to get back on shop. If anyone needed anything from me done back on ship, I was there or I sent my ST to do it if he was there. Not a single complaint I had heard that round was directed at me not doing my job. And I infact was a fobbit the entire round, with few exceptions such as going to colony engineering, or the south Miner near FOB. I am not sure why it feels as if some admins leverage rules against other players more so than another. I have not had any unpleasant experiences with any other staff up until this point. With due consideration I hope this job ban is lifted and I can resume playing CSE, AI, what have you. Thanks for reading.

Addendum:

I have the round recording. 2 hours (well nearly two hours, byond crashed at one point) when I play it back I can click a random point and I will be on the FOB, up until the last 5-7 minutes of the round. If you want that I can show it off but you will have to give me time to get it in a format you can see. (Or I can stream it on discord and just click through it if anything.)
Last edited by Derrick Chamberlain on Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceLove
Byond Username: SpaceLove

Re: Job ban and Note

Post by SpaceLove » #594603

Alright, so first of all, I would like to point out once again that this 1 day ban was put in place due to the repetition of same rule violation you did consistently in two rounds.

Just because half of the operation, SO didn't tell you anything doesn't mean he specifically allowed you to go groundside, however, even if he did, according to your own words, the SO was there for only half of the round, it is your duty to handle command of shipside after that.

Now, those who you think also frontlime combatted without being a combat specific role and not being in direct harm's way, also get investigated and punished. If you see someone, please ahelp them.

About your case here, I do know one thing, you specifically went out of fob as a CSE in harm's way and your first instinct was pulling out gun and shooting when there were marines with you. You have done this thing multiple times and this ban is the result of them all. Admins not doing anything is not a valid excuse because we are not omnipresent everywhere, or catch the wrong at first glance.

Since this 1 day ban will very soon be lifted, I would definitely have the note stay.
SpaceLove

Post by SpaceLove » #594604

The ban was places in Round 7666 by the way.
Derrick Chamberlain

Post by Derrick Chamberlain » #594606

SpaceLove wrote:Alright, so first of all, I would like to point out once again that this 1 day ban was put in place due to the repetition of same rule violation you did consistently in two rounds.

Just because half of the operation, SO didn't tell you anything doesn't mean he specifically allowed you to go groundside, however, even if he did, according to your own words, the SO was there for only half of the round, it is your duty to handle command of shipside after that.

Now, those who you think also frontlime combatted without being a combat specific role and not being in direct harm's way, also get investigated and punished. If you see someone, please ahelp them.

About your case here, I do know one thing, you specifically went out of fob as a CSE in harm's way and your first instinct was pulling out gun and shooting when there were marines with you. You have done this thing multiple times and this ban is the result of them all. Admins not doing anything is not a valid excuse because we are not omnipresent everywhere, or catch the wrong at first glance.

Since this 1 day ban will very soon be lifted, I would definitely have the note stay.
I mean I can show you video evidence that I was in FOB the whole game, and bounced between the ship and the ground often. And yes. When xenos are in my face I am going to pull a gun. I am not going to sit there and take getting hit? How would? And I do not care about the bans. I should have clarified that position. I want the note removed it is not an inaccurate reflection of the round that happened and it will just be used a cudgel in future interactions with staff that will influence judgment passed unfairly. And no I do not have to return to the ship. I did not leave my department abandoned. I sent my ST to cover my duties, also what am I going to command? I may aswell just cryo at that point. Me being up there does not really help. Just a waste of an engineer slot. If it was a big issue this should have been brought up earlier in the round. No 5-10 minutes before the new round started.
Last edited by Derrick Chamberlain on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick Chamberlain

Post by Derrick Chamberlain » #594607

SpaceLove wrote:Alright, so first of all, I would like to point out once again that this 1 day ban was put in place due to the repetition of same rule violation you did consistently in two rounds.

And to continue off "Those who you think also frontlined combatted" yeah the CMO was with me. Not sure if he was shooting or not. Does not matter since you already said that I the CSE went into harms way. As did he, shooting or not. He went out of his way to go into a hot zone. Also I did not think the zone was going to be hot. In fact I did not figure any xenos would be there I figured marines were chasing them. You seem to think I went out of my way to go and find them, which is completely inaccurate.
Derrick Chamberlain

Post by Derrick Chamberlain » #594609

Personally I can not even believe I have to make a post about this. I have never once had this problem with ANY other staff on this server. I did not realize I was back in CM with all the pedantic rules of what I need to do. I played enough to use my judgment in game. When the ship is nearly empty and not a lot of people on. I am going to head to ground and help out even as an officer. If I know I am not really needed on the ground I stay on ship and make due and try and eck out fun there with people. I have had interacts with seasoned staff and not once did they bring up any grievances with me that were not me messing with someone and I get told to lay off and that is that. Here I am being talked down to about something so fucking stupid it is not even funny. Again I have video proof I can show you. And I am looking in the rules. Not really seeing which one I broke save for netspeaking but come on at this point you are grasping for straws. I could care less about a 24 hour job ban. The note bothers me more.
Derrick Chamberlain

Post by Derrick Chamberlain » #594610

So fun fact. Reviewing the recording. I never fired a bullet while going to engineering. The CMO in fact WAS firing before me. So you are now lying about my conduct on the ground. I can not wait to show you. :^)
SpaceLove

Post by SpaceLove » #594636

Spoiler:
[2021-03-05 11:02:33.380] ATTACK: Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) has shot Naaanii/(Ancient Praetorian (Ashe)) with [submachinegun bullet] in Southwest Jungle (50, 17, 2) (NEWHP: 292.908) Southwest Jungle (50, 17, 2)
[2021-03-05 11:03:09.051] ATTACK: Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) has primed [�M40 HIDP incendiary grenade] Secure Storage (38, 11, 2)
[2021-03-05 11:03:10.644] ATTACK: Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) has primed [�M40 HIDP incendiary grenade] Secure Storage (35, 11, 2)
[2021-03-05 11:03:11.723] ATTACK: Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) has primed [�M40 HIDP incendiary grenade] Secure Storage (35, 9, 2)
[2021-03-05 11:03:12.978] ATTACK: Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) has primed [�M40 HIDP incendiary grenade] Secure Storage (36, 7, 2)
What are these then? How did you end up in secure storage and southwest jungle outside of FOB, and got a in situation where you had to nade multiple times and shoot

And this [2021-03-05 11:03:23.603] ATTACK: Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) has seizes up and falls limp... Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) (NEWHP: -165.58) Southwest NT Compound (46, 9, 2)

Agreed you did not shoot when I PMd you, but at some point of the round you were indeed outside FOB. There are logs of you even being in cave such as these,

Spoiler:
[2021-03-05 10:37:11.875] ATTACK: Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) has shot Salami Tsunami/(Ancient Shrike (897)) with [submachinegun bullet] in Northwest Jungle (31, 59, 2) (NEWHP: 314.757) Northwest Jungle (31, 59, 2)

The above logs directly violate Rule 5 Precedent 4: "Shipside roles, such as Medical Officers, Cargo Technicians, Ship Engineers, or IOs, should not deploy if their departments are not being taken care of. They must additionally get permission from their higher-ups, and remain in FOB while deployed. They should not leave their departments completely abandoned either. "
Derrick Chamberlain

Post by Derrick Chamberlain » #594652

SpaceLove wrote:
Spoiler:
[2021-03-05 11:02:33.380] ATTACK: Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) has shot Naaanii/(Ancient Praetorian (Ashe)) with [submachinegun bullet] in Southwest Jungle (50, 17, 2) (NEWHP: 292.908) Southwest Jungle (50, 17, 2)
[2021-03-05 11:03:09.051] ATTACK: Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) has primed [�M40 HIDP incendiary grenade] Secure Storage (38, 11, 2)
[2021-03-05 11:03:10.644] ATTACK: Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) has primed [�M40 HIDP incendiary grenade] Secure Storage (35, 11, 2)
[2021-03-05 11:03:11.723] ATTACK: Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) has primed [�M40 HIDP incendiary grenade] Secure Storage (35, 9, 2)
[2021-03-05 11:03:12.978] ATTACK: Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) has primed [�M40 HIDP incendiary grenade] Secure Storage (36, 7, 2)
What are these then? How did you end up in secure storage and southwest jungle outside of FOB, and got a in situation where you had to nade multiple times and shoot

And this [2021-03-05 11:03:23.603] ATTACK: Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) has seizes up and falls limp... Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) (NEWHP: -165.58) Southwest NT Compound (46, 9, 2)

Agreed you did not shoot when I PMd you, but at some point of the round you were indeed outside FOB. There are logs of you even being in cave such as these,

Spoiler:
[2021-03-05 10:37:11.875] ATTACK: Whiskey_oneone/(Derrick Chamberlain) has shot Salami Tsunami/(Ancient Shrike (897)) with [submachinegun bullet] in Northwest Jungle (31, 59, 2) (NEWHP: 314.757) Northwest Jungle (31, 59, 2)

The above logs directly violate Rule 5 Precedent 4: "Shipside roles, such as Medical Officers, Cargo Technicians, Ship Engineers, or IOs, should not deploy if their departments are not being taken care of. They must additionally get permission from their higher-ups, and remain in FOB while deployed. They should not leave their departments completely abandoned either. "

One the video. I was just outside FOB metal foaming flanks and the praetorian was there. So yes I shot it. No there was no marines there. Nice try trying fabricate BS here. You did not PM me when this happened therefore it was not a problem you PM'd me near the end of the game long after this interaction with a praetorian took place. And no, nice try. I did not leave my department abandoned. I did not violate Rule 5. I certainly hope you doinked the CMO. I highly-highly doubt you did. Reviewing the recording he was outside the FOB far more than I ever was, fired more bullets then I ever did. And was around xenos more than I was. I think you were just targeting me because of bias. Nothing in the rules says I can not shoot at xenos. Again this is not CM so do not even try it.
Derrick Chamberlain

Post by Derrick Chamberlain » #594653

SpaceLove wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Also you do realize 31,59 is just outside the FOB. The place where I was expanding the FOB right? Do not try to be pedantic with me. With the amount of stretching you are trying to do here is hilarious.

As you see I am not even far from FOB not even out of scope of what is acceptable. Well unless it is you apparently. You can also say you are not omnipresent, but clearly you can see the logs of the game, and I still bet you have not bothered to notify any other non-combat roles of their rule breaking. And not to mention if this was SUCH A BIG PROBLEM. You should have said something WAY earlier, or another admin. Again, this is such a tiny fucking rule that is so vague and not even enforced often. I only ever see trial mods remotely try it and even then never really. Also there was indeed a captain, who never bitched about my absence because again I covered my department with my subordinate.

And again had you just asked or even remotely looked into it (granted I am not 100% sure what logs show) in the second picture when xenos were advancing south of FOB I was trying to build fortificaitons and help marines repel their attack. The miner in which we had previously secured was also in threat so of course I am going to help repel them. A warrior had grabbed me and tossed me into the xenos, I had a grenade pouch and tossed every conceivable grenade I had in that pouch before dying. Xenos retreated and I was rescued shortly after. Again, not far from FOB and I am helping defend an objective that no other engineer was working on, again, not going to not work on a miner near FOB and practically falls within the cade line. You do realize our cade line expanded outwards correct? I hope you do not think there are these arbitrary lines that I am suddenly incapable of crossing even when we expand.

Again stretching the truth to buy yourself some validity when this happened mid-round WAY earlier than when the confrontation between you and I ever occurred.
Derrick Chamberlain

Post by Derrick Chamberlain » #594655

Derrick Chamberlain wrote:
SpaceLove wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

One the video. I was just outside FOB metal foaming flanks and the praetorian was there. So yes I shot it. No there was no marines there. Nice try trying fabricate BS here. You did not PM me when this happened therefore it was not a problem you PM'd me near the end of the game long after this interaction with a praetorian took place. And no, nice try. I did not leave my department abandoned. I did not violate Rule 5. I certainly hope you doinked the CMO. I highly-highly doubt you did. Reviewing the recording he was outside the FOB far more than I ever was, fired more bullets then I ever did. And was around xenos more than I was. I think you were just targeting me because of bias. Nothing in the rules says I can not shoot at xenos. Again this is not CM so do not even try it.

Again the note said I was frontlining, that was your assertion, but clearly even the logs show you that I was not even remotely near the caves were the main marine force was, again as I said you are stretching the truth because you have a problem with me as a player and you are leveraging your power because of it. You know it, I know it. You do not have a problem with me on the ground, you have a problem with me not immediately bowing down to you in a 2d Spessman game and you are trying be holier than thou high roading me over a rule that I vaguely broke. Have you ever heard of tacitly allowing something? When my Superiors IC do not tell me to come back to ship and they can clearly see what I am doing on the ground clearly they are permitting me on the ground. This rule is so vague and is up for interpretation. I was not being a detriment to my team being on the ground. Hence why I covered my department with my ST (who is more than sufficiently skilled to run OB, engineering, and req) I trained them afterall.
Derrick Chamberlain

Post by Derrick Chamberlain » #594656

SpaceLove wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And another thing, the person who I was engaging (the praetorian) was an Admin, if there was anyone who should have had a problem would have been them. They 100% would have said something if it was even remotely important to the terms of rule breaking in the game. But wait? What is that? Oh that is right, they never said anything, because it is a non-sense rule that affects nothing.
SpaceLove

Post by SpaceLove » #594691

SpaceLove wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And another thing, the person who I was engaging (the praetorian) was an Admin, if there was anyone who should have had a problem would have been them. They 100% would have said something if it was even remotely important to the terms of rule breaking in the game. But wait? What is that? Oh that is right, they never said anything, because it is a non-sense rule that affects nothing.

Except they are the one who PMd me.
Derrick Chamberlain

Post by Derrick Chamberlain » #594692

SpaceLove wrote:
SpaceLove wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yeah nice try. They 100% did not. I was just in a game with them as captain. Hmmm You know what I did not see? Oh that is right an admin PM. And guess what? I was on the ground as CSE, and they knew it. Do not try to throw an admin under the bus, and stop lying.
Derrick Chamberlain

Post by Derrick Chamberlain » #594694

SpaceLove wrote:
SpaceLove wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

[/quote]

I have had more than enough time playing together, if he really took umbrage with it. I would have known. The fact you can not accept that you have a problem with it is funny. You had a problem, you started the confrontation, and you are lying. You are stretching, and grasping at straws so fucking hard. I am honestly laughing at you. How are you even staff? I have so much more from the recordings to disprove you :) So many more screenshots I can take. All I want is the note removed. You can keep the first one you gave me. I find it hilarious. You can vaguely say what rule I broke but even then not really. There is no rule against me being armed and having a gun, and or shooting xenos. Which I really did not do. With few exception. Again I have the round recorded. Another thing I have to throw in your face is two POs that left FOB to goto caves. Now you think that would definitely be worse then me leaving the FOB to even go as far as colony engineering.

There is more then that, but just to give you a taste.

Did these two get PM'd? Probably not but you have no problem with lying because you are wrong. Admit it, remove my stupid note and leave it at that.

Or prove me wrong, send me the PM from them, atleast the picture. But I can expect some BS "Oh I never saved it", or "I can not disclose it"

Oh and another thing, you said it was not a xeno player that PM'd you about it. Guess that was a lie too.

Hmmmmmm

Last edited by Derrick Chamberlain on Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceLove

Post by SpaceLove » #594696

SpaceLove wrote:
SpaceLove wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I have had more than enough time playing together, if he really took umbrage with it. I would have known. The fact you can not accept that you have a problem with it is funny. You had a problem, you started the confrontation, and you are lying. You are stretching, and grasping at straws so fucking hard. I am honestly laughing at you. How are you even staff? I have so much more from the recordings to disprove you :) So many more screenshots I can take. All I want is the note removed. You can keep the first one you gave me. I find it hilarious. You can vaguely say what rule I broke but even then not really. There is no rule against me being armed and having a gun, and or shooting xenos. Which I really did not do. With few exception. Again I have the round recorded. Another thing I have to throw in your face is two POs that left FOB to goto caves. Now you think that would definitely be worse then me leaving the FOB to even go as far as colony engineering.

Did these two get PM'd? Probably not but you have no problem with lying because you are wrong. Admit it, remove my stupid note and leave it at that.

Or prove me wrong, send me the PM from them, atleast the picture. But I can expect some BS "Oh I never saved it", or "I can not disclose it"[/quote]

Well I am not omnipresent, I didn't even notice you until near round end when ash pmd me about you ans CMO. I then log dived. CMO also got bwoinked.

With that said, I believe I have done mistakes on my part after reviewing the process and logs again, and I would like to appologise for that.I will remove the ban note, but the first one stays since that round you were indeed roaming and chasing a xenomorph to death.

If this is fine by you, I will close the topic and remove the note.
SpaceLove

Post by SpaceLove » #594697

SpaceLove wrote:
SpaceLove wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yeah nice try. They 100% did not. I was just in a game with them as captain. Hmmm You know what I did not see? Oh that is right an admin PM. And guess what? I was on the ground as CSE, and they knew it. Do not try to throw an admin under the bus, and stop lying.

Also they did pm me, I don't know why you think I am lying and holding a personal grudge towards you.
Derrick Chamberlain

Post by Derrick Chamberlain » #594699

SpaceLove wrote:
SpaceLove wrote:
SpaceLove wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Or prove me wrong, send me the PM from them, atleast the picture. But I can expect some BS "Oh I never saved it", or "I can not disclose it"

Well I am not omnipresent, I didn't even notice you until near round end when ash pmd me about you ans CMO. I then log dived. CMO also got bwoinked.

With that said, I believe I have done mistakes on my part after reviewing the process and logs again, and I would like to appologise for that.I will remove the ban note, but the first one stays since that round you were indeed roaming and chasing a xenomorph to death.

If this is fine by you, I will close the topic and remove the note.[/quote]

That is 100% Acceptable to me. I am okay with the first note I will give you that. I just really took the second one with malice. I will give you that maybe you are not targeting me. I can not 100% prove that. Just how it feels. I am fine wit the first note of chasing the queen.