PeanutButter and Borg thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

PeanutButter and Borg thread

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #599418

Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: PeanutButter and Borg thread

Post by cacogen » #599422

i'm not reading that
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #599428

cacogen wrote:i'm not reading that
do it.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #599434

Last edited by technokek on Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
technokek

Post by technokek » #599435

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #599437

technokek wrote:After reading more of the logs there is something that would be notable here. (IMAGE) LAW 3 BROKEN
Yes ai main, the ban was over extending a little but after law 3 broken this should at most just be a godamn note.
Last edited by Jonathan Gupta on Wed May 05, 2021 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

technokek

Post by technokek » #599441

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #599442

technokek wrote:I agree that a ban for reporting a traitor is completely dumb and that a note for the law 3 break is completely fine.

Imagine if reporting antagonist was banned. AI spots cult, revs, or whatever but can't tell anyone because they might be harmed.
ahelp"Borg reported cult in xenobio."

Private message from OverExtender9000"Looking into it"
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #599457

Jonathan Gupta wrote:
technokek wrote:I agree that a ban for reporting a traitor is completely dumb and that a note for the law 3 break is completely fine.

Imagine if reporting antagonist was banned. AI spots cult, revs, or whatever but can't tell anyone because they might be harmed.
ahelp"Borg reported cult in xenobio."

Private message from OverExtender9000"Looking into it"
However, a cult always wants to murder ALL humans.

A traitor often wants to kill one specific human (and if it was you well you know who it was) so its not the same situation. Furthermore you can stop someone being a cultist but you cant stop someone being a traitor
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
technokek

Post by technokek » #599465

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #599473

Hey guys you know this is a note appeal and not a ban appeal right?
The dude didn't get banned over this (thank god lmao)

Either way, I'd honestly post in the actual ban appeal thread if I was a little more certain but I can swear I've heard staff before literally say "you can assume until proven otherwise that sec will respond non-lethally to a threat"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #599477

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:Hey guys you know this is a note appeal and not a ban appeal right?

Either way, I'd honestly post in the actual ban appeal thread if I was a little more certain but I can swear I've heard staff before literally say "you can assume until proven otherwise that sec will respond non-lethally to a threat"
That would be the approach I'd take and that I'd advise others to take.

Unless you have a very murderbonery sec team, they've harmed something your laws define as human during the shift, sec has used lethals in capturing somethng your laws define as human, etc -> Situations where sec have provably harmed humans this shift <- then there should always be an assumption that sec will not harm prisoners in their care and that dropping off humans is safe.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #599479

"This guy has commited a single act of harm and shows no intention of harming any others as his objectives are now complete" and "there is a rampaging mob of people actively murdering people in the halls and show no intent of stopping, and indeed are liable to harm everyone on the station if given the chance" are two entirely different situations and cannot be treated the same, and saying that you can't do anything about the latter becase you got told not to try and get the former killed is disingenuous
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #599486

Generally you should subvert the silicons if they're gonna know you're a harmful traitor.
Spoiler:
To be fair, I did just tell an emagged borg over binary to kill someone
Borging someone you killed is a nice gesture but don't expect every player to take it as such. The borg player ratting out a known harmful human should not have been noted, especially if they took effort to try and prevent harm to the traitor.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #599497

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:Hey guys you know this is a note appeal and not a ban appeal right?

it got changed.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #599507

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #599512

Living God

Extraordinary Person

Irad
Byond Username: IradT

Post by Irad » #599516

Obey law 2. if you report crime, the security of bagil and Terry will kill the antagonist -> do not cause harm.

simple as
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #599518

Irad wrote:Obey law 2. if you report crime, the security of bagil and Terry will kill the antagonist -> do not cause harm.

simple as
so I'm going to actually decide to follow the two staff who commented here rather than someone who can't even remember that "do not cause harm to humans through inaction or action" is actually law 1, but everyone else is free to do as they please
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #599530

another player trying to be good getting fucked over by the valid hunt playerbase, they should know that you're only supposed to kill everyone, no gimmicks allowed
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #599609

its a shitty note.

all i see is an admin that saw a player playing in a way they didn't like
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #599610

Kendrickorium wrote:its a shitty note.

all I see is an admin that saw a player playing in a way they didn't like
Innit? This admeme seems like an over extender. Reminds me of fulp mods.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #599615

technokek wrote: If the borg did not aid in the murder, by bolting the traitor in or shocking doors in front of said traitor I dont see a reason why simply stating:" X is a traitor please arrest them or avoid them" should be bannable.
Does going to find some non-security validhunters armed with spears and literally giving them a ride to the room count as aiding?
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #599618

Screemonster wrote:
technokek wrote: If the borg did not aid in the murder, by bolting the traitor in or shocking doors in front of said traitor I dont see a reason why simply stating:" X is a traitor please arrest them or avoid them" should be bannable.
Does going to find some non-security validhunters armed with spears and literally giving them a ride to the room count as aiding?
got the logs for it?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #599619

Jonathan Gupta wrote:
Screemonster wrote:
got the logs for it?
look in the thread you're peanutting
technokek

Post by technokek » #599620

zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #599656

With the reply from Mindstormy, I flip my position. The borg's actions paint a picture of trying to get revenge for being borged and to attempt being returned to humanoid form.

The note should be updated, though, as it currently implies the borg did nothing but yell out over common.

Warning the crew to stay away from a known killer is one thing. Directly enlisting the help of assistants with spears to fight the valid and then feign concern when they kill the valid using those spears is quite another.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #599663

Sweaty move for sure, but if the guy doesn't subvert you after putting you into a shell, you're forced by law 1 to act against him. Of course he broke that law himself when he jumped him with the assistants, but the traitor made a big mistake by letting the borg run on asimov, especially a butthurt malding one that wants to settle the score with em. Flash and emag exist for a reason.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #599664

BONERMASTER wrote:Sweaty move for sure, but if the guy doesn't subvert you after putting you into a shell, you're forced by law 1 to act against him. Of course he broke that law himself when he jumped him with the assistants, but the traitor made a big mistake by letting the borg run on asimov, especially a butthurt malding one that wants to settle the score with em. Flash and emag exist for a reason.
agreed, would love to see what this guy bought though.
Living God

Extraordinary Person