[sometinyprick] CrunchyBullettin

Appeals which have been closed.
CrunchyBullettin

Post by CrunchyBullettin » #59965

Banned for killing a scientist dressed as an engineer, after repeatedly telling him to go away and punching him once, he retaliated and I killed him and flushed him down a disposal.

You have been banned by sometinyprick.
Reason: Killed a fellow scientist because he was intruding on "his" workplace. Has a very long history of grief over a short period of time

Byond account and character name: CrunchyBullettin, George Whoosh
Banning admin: sometinyprick
Ban type (What are you banned from?): This is a permanent ban.
Ban reason and length: Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 16:50-17 Rome timezone
Your side of the story: I was experimenting with the new experimentor and it wasn't working, an engineer came in, pushing me around and tresspassing on science property. I told him to go away, he stood there, didn't tell me that he was a scientist or anything, I took a toolbox and started fighting him. He sat at the computer, probably trying to spam something as I thought. He started going away, then, I noticed he opened the door leading to science hallway, disarmed me of my toolbox, threw it at me and continued fighting. I overpowered him and put him down a disposal. Bwoink, he was a scientist and I killed him. Damn.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
Sometinyprick says that I have a long history of grief. I would say that most of that grief has been accidental at best. The ops ban was because when I was just starting to play the game, I thought that I needed to press R after I activate a grenade, I was wrong. The Hop ban was because I gave clown job to everyone that asked me to give them all access, the borg ban was because I was convinced that HOP is a changeling.
I have never griefed an entire station with plasma, bombs or whatever as a non antag. I normally help people in science, help chef and botany, revive people and do everything to stop the baddies. I can be an asshole, but that assholery usually only delays someone's match by 10 minutes or so, he gets instantly revived, as was in this ban, the scientist got instantly revived and he was on with his game. On why I chose to attack him: Many times I have tresspassed in different workplaces and many times I have been killed. I have asked ooc and not only I but many people asked ooc if you could kill a person tresspassing and many admins said yes. I am sorry for this incident but I it is not fair to permaban me for killing a person that could be tresspassing, as he was wearing engineers attire. Thank you.
Last edited by peoplearestrange on Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic title edit
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Re: You have been banned by sometinyprick.

Post by Sometinyprick » #59969

I wouldn't really call what happened a fight. He hit you twice after you had hit him a good five or six times, after which you decided to finish him off. The reason this ban was of a permanent nature is due to your extensive history of grief over a period of around two months.
I stick by this ban as I felt it was necessary, any admin can overrule this but I felt it was needed. I suggest that you take a month and go play on a different server without annoying anyone or incurring any bans and then make a ban appeal here. I would like to see evidence that you can in fact play without griefing others.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
CrunchyBullettin

Post by CrunchyBullettin » #60014

Ok, I do play on Yogstation too. I am really sorry about what happened but Im not a griefer. Most of my bans, if you look well, are of accidental nature. I already explained some things. I have never killed anyone just because, never blew up anything. Almost every ban I got was because of stupidity, not malice. I am really sorry, but a month ban is too much. I have got some of my friends to try ss13 and we wanted to play on tg station today. Can you unban me for today atleast, then do whatever you like. I am not a shitler, guys, I am still learning. Thank you for your time.
CrunchyBullettin

Post by CrunchyBullettin » #60016

And btw, I didnt finish him off, I flushed him down the disposal to cargo.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #60025

CrunchyBullettin wrote:And btw, I didnt finish him off, I flushed him down the disposal to cargo.
You flushed him into cargo after dealing around hundred thirty points of brute damage to him because of this he died. In terms of you just outright griefing? Well you have bans for randomly paciding people, cremating humans as a borg and actually murdering a medic trying to help you. You have notes that show a behavior towards other players which is just outright terrible for instance when someone was going to get a beaker of uranium you snatched it off them and threw it all over them "just becasuse". So again I standby my ban and my opinion that you need to play elsewhere for a while.
CrunchyBullettin

Re: [sometinyprick] CrunchyBullettin

Post by CrunchyBullettin » #60130

It was not uranium but radium, and the guy didnt die or anything. I only have two paciding people bans, both during an ops round. The first one had the admin involved, and was only when I just started playing, the second one was because I saw a man changing into captains clothes at the bridge, and people screamed about ops. The radium one is the only one done out of malice, the others were accidents. The borg ban was entirely because of someone screaming that hop was a ling, and me burning a few lings before that, thought that it could be true. Three people saw me dragging hop and noone ever did anything. I didnt even close the crematorium, the other guy did. Maybe that was his plan? Because he was a ling? If I wouldve randomly shot people and spaced them without any motive, breaking my laws, that would be griefing. This is just a clever ruse. Maybe you should actually reward the guy that made this happen.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Re: [sometinyprick] CrunchyBullettin

Post by Sometinyprick » #60142

CrunchyBullettin wrote:snip
Yes I was getting mixed up between the two it was radium. In any case I'm not changing my opinion that you need to play elsewhere for a while as your notes show a repeat behavior of non-antag murder. However I have decided I will remove the permanent ban and replace it with a month ban.