doter 2 WHILST MVP DID NOT WIN THE MAJOR THEY WON OUR HEARTS

Talk about video games here
nsos
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: doter 2

Post by nsos » #44994

Bottom post of the previous page:

wait until ppl start picking oracle + huskar or oracle + lc
nsos
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: doter 2

Post by nsos » #46309

12 inch long bane-themed purple dildo
ColonicAcid
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: doter 2

Post by ColonicAcid » #46463

NIGHTMARE > Ready
crack is whack but smacks got your back
nsos
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: doter 2

Post by nsos » #46485

nsos wrote:wait until ppl start picking oracle + huskar or oracle + lc

1/2th of the prophecy is foretold

Image
miggles
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles
Contact:

Re: doter 2

Post by miggles » #48798

this pudge on my team built 2 hyperstones because he thought 144 was a lot of damage and that he should right click more
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
nsos
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: doter 2

Post by nsos » #48827

sounds viable
User avatar
Scones
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:46 am
Byond Username: Scones
Location: cooler than thou

Re: doter 2

Post by Scones » #49810

i keep trying to get into this game but god damn it is so frustrating to learn

i'd like to think i have a solid foundation from wc3/league but some things just elude me

where's a good place to look at resources for the game? what items to buy/what characters to play/how to play them

i like night stalker and legion commander, though. not sure if they're at all meta.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
cedarbridge
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: doter 2

Post by cedarbridge » #49812

Cecily wrote:i keep trying to get into this game but god damn it is so frustrating to learn

i'd like to think i have a solid foundation from wc3/league but some things just elude me

where's a good place to look at resources for the game? what items to buy/what characters to play/how to play them

i like night stalker and legion commander, though. not sure if they're at all meta.
NS hasn't been good for months. Still stomps pubs and wins pro games with the right support.
User avatar
Scones
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:46 am
Byond Username: Scones
Location: cooler than thou

Re: doter 2

Post by Scones » #49813

cedarbridge wrote: NS hasn't been good for months. Still stomps pubs and wins pro games with the right support.
He's really fun. It's his lack of innate survivability that gets me killed, although I'm aware I'm supposed to build to compensate that.

How's LC?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
cedarbridge
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: doter 2

Post by cedarbridge » #49823

Cecily wrote:
cedarbridge wrote: NS hasn't been good for months. Still stomps pubs and wins pro games with the right support.
He's really fun. It's his lack of innate survivability that gets me killed, although I'm aware I'm supposed to build to compensate that.

How's LC?
LC functionally has to snowball by design or they go to shit fast. Similar to NS without the time restrictions.
ColonicAcid
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: doter 2

Post by ColonicAcid » #49901

LC is literally the most gold effective hero you can get.
You don't build for damage, you build tanky. Tanky items are the most gold effective shit you can get. The only pure damage items I would say you can get is a deadalus, everything else is undeeded in LC because LOL FREE DAMAGE.
Focus the support early game and get that damage up, then later on your ult is a free kill on carries, if for example they have a Void or PA just make someone get a Heavens Halberd and lmao git wrekd.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
miggles
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles
Contact:

Re: doter 2

Post by miggles » #49921

also overwhelming odds is like a tiny ranged echo slam but without the rebound
aka it does more damage with more units nearby
watch as broodmother's health drops to 25%
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
dezzmont
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:07 pm
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Re: doter 2

Post by dezzmont » #49946

LC is great. She seems to be exclusively designed to snowball but she can provide a lot of utility without winning those duels as long as you are not the sole carry. Overwhelming odds is decently damaging, W is fantastic to throw on the carry or god forbid tiny, and her ultimate is a near instant kill if you use it well. She combos so well with Tiny because she can boost his attack speed, get thrown in, and then have a stun thrown out during the duel.

Of course ideally you can blink in and land a good duel a few times early game.
cedarbridge
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: doter 2

Post by cedarbridge » #49950

Just turned a 17-3 catastrophe into a win with Necro. I don't know why I never played this hero before holy shit.
miggles
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles
Contact:

Re: doter 2

Post by miggles » #49954

necro is the king of kill securing
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
cedarbridge
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: doter 2

Post by cedarbridge » #49959

miggles wrote:necro is the king of kill securing
He's also king of "fuck you get to the back of the bus and enjoy spectating." Being able to delete the enemy Tiny at 50% was pretty great too.
miggles
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles
Contact:

Re: doter 2

Post by miggles » #50183

necro is a white supremacist
fuck rosa parks

i played in a low priority game with some friends because one of them was in LP and i decided to play fifa hero because why not
hes good, i made some pretty awesome plays
including what would have been a sick headshot kill if it did just a little more damage
but those kicks man, those kicks are tough

what do you even build on him? positional items? aghs if you can get it?
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
cedarbridge
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: doter 2

Post by cedarbridge » #50227

miggles wrote:fifa hero
uwot
miggles
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles
Contact:

Re: doter 2

Post by miggles » #50238

earth spirit bruh
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
cedarbridge
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: doter 2

Post by cedarbridge » #50243

I don't think it even matters what you build on him.
nsos
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: doter 2

Post by nsos » #51141

Last edited by nsos on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
nsos
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: doter 2

Post by nsos » #51142

Diffusal Blade Diffusal Blade is no longer a Unique Attack ModifierDiffusal Blade Diffusal Blade is no longer a Unique Attack ModifierDiffusal Blade Diffusal Blade is no longer a Unique Attack ModifierDiffusal Blade Diffusal Blade is no longer a Unique Attack ModifierDiffusal Blade Diffusal Blade is no longer a Unique Attack ModifierDiffusal Blade Diffusal Blade is no longer a Unique Attack ModifierDiffusal Blade Diffusal Blade is no longer a Unique Attack ModifierDiffusal Blade Diffusal Blade is no longer a Unique Attack ModifierDiffusal Blade Diffusal Blade is no longer a Unique Attack ModifierDiffusal Blade Diffusal Blade is no longer a Unique Attack ModifierDiffusal Blade Diffusal Blade is no longer a Unique Attack Modif
User avatar
Sum Ting Wong
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: doter 2

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #51147

>Darkness no longer pauses the day/night timer
NS viable ganker now?
>Ancient Granite Golem now has an aura which grants 15% bonus health to its allies
>Test of Faith now teleports all of your units to you when cast on yourself
Chen OP
User avatar
Peble
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Re: doter 2

Post by Peble » #51149

more ugly cosmetics great work valve
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561198043780134.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561198043780134]Image[/url]
cedarbridge
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: doter 2

Post by cedarbridge » #51252

Sum Ting Wong wrote:>Darkness no longer pauses the day/night timer
NS viable ganker now?
>Ancient Granite Golem now has an aura which grants 15% bonus health to its allies
>Test of Faith now teleports all of your units to you when cast on yourself
Chen OP
Chen's still awful
ColonicAcid
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: doter 2

Post by ColonicAcid » #51267

>Chen
>awful
Str8 from the trench.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
cedarbridge
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: doter 2

Post by cedarbridge » #51367

ColonicAcid wrote:>Chen
>awful
Str8 from the trench.
Its true though. He's ass.
miggles
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles
Contact:

Re: doter 2

Post by miggles » #51629

lol cedar has like 3k hours cloddiu

also i just had the most intense game of dota in my life
Spoiler:
>we push down their mid rax
>ursa decides to buy a rapier cus lol
>rapier changes hands at least 5 times, i was lucky enough to have my greedy (i was BH) mitts on it once
>enemy morphling is prime carrier of the rapier
>they push down to our ancient in like 5 seconds
>manage to kill them somehow
>buy BoT, travel to their base
>bad idea, die
>like 15 minutes of teamfights in both bases
>they push back to our ancient and get it below 100 hp (seriously it was so close)
>i try to stop them, get almost killed but shadow walk out with 50 hp
>urn up, almost die again, theyre focused on killing our team now
>zeus ults twice, ursa fucks them up, almost all of them are tracked and we manage to kill morph
>medusa gets the rapier and tps to their base
>their necro and morph buyback
>dieback
>gorgonzola single handedly destroys the ancient
GG
fuck tho if ursa hadnt gotten that rapier we could have won a lot easier
but it was so much more fun that he did
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
dezzmont
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:07 pm
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Re: doter 2

Post by dezzmont » #51750

The rapier is the summon guns of DOTA. There are better ways to go about it but for real give everyone guns or you are a shitty wizard who hates fun.
nsos
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: doter 2

Post by nsos » #52651

DAY walker Night Stalker
nsos
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: doter 2

Post by nsos » #52652

i sure hope you are buying aghs on 6.83 ns now
nsos
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: doter 2

Post by nsos » #52653

im pretty sure aghs gem is the best build for winning pubs with NS.
nsos
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: doter 2

Post by nsos » #59194

i seen a guy with 588 games with viper
nsos
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: doter 2

Post by nsos » #59195

like do u hate humanity that much
miggles
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles
Contact:

Re: doter 2

Post by miggles » #59251

Image
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
User avatar
Sum Ting Wong
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: doter 2

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #59253

Fuck techies
iRazgriz
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:40 am

Re: doter 2

Post by iRazgriz » #59328

Zeus in 5k MMR games?

No probs))
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1100075936
Image
miggles
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles
Contact:

Re: doter 2

Post by miggles » #59493

you act like zeus isnt a top tier hero
hes a pretty common pick in pro games, because hes great
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
cedarbridge
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: doter 2

Post by cedarbridge » #59721

miggles wrote:you act like zeus isnt a top tier hero
hes a pretty common pick in pro games, because hes great
This is true. Thundergod's Wrath is a x5 big damage nuke that cannot miss. That's a big deal in a teamfight. (now how most pub game scrubs use it to snipe kills off other players because lelzoos)
dezzmont
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:07 pm
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Re: doter 2

Post by dezzmont » #59724

miggles wrote:Image
I love you.
ColonicAcid
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: doter 2

Post by ColonicAcid » #59727

cedarbridge wrote:
miggles wrote:you act like zeus isnt a top tier hero
hes a pretty common pick in pro games, because hes great
This is true. Thundergod's Wrath is a x5 big damage nuke that cannot miss. That's a big deal in a teamfight. (now how most pub game scrubs use it to snipe kills off other players because lelzoos)
>gank him once early game
lol enjoy your no levels zoos
hes high risk high reward honestly. If they do what team empire did to dendi in the asian championships hes fucking useless. actually no he can show invisible heroes that is his biggest strength when hes behind lmao
crack is whack but smacks got your back
miggles
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles
Contact:

Re: doter 2

Post by miggles » #59773

well sniping kills is legit if it means securing a kill someone else couldnt get or would die trying to
if you do it just to steal kills though youre doing everything correctly bad

also its really hard for zeus to be that far behind because he practically needs no items to be effective. like the only core items are bottle, boots, and force staff. everything else really helps, but isnt at all necessary.
if he gets ganked early he can sort of kind of jungle a little bit with his q (small camps pretty much), or just assist with kills/ganks. no matter the level, a 100/175/275/350 damage nuke that provides vision, true sight, and ministuns on a 6 second cooldown is REALLY good.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
iRazgriz
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:40 am

Re: doter 2

Post by iRazgriz » #59896

cedarbridge wrote:
miggles wrote:you act like zeus isnt a top tier hero
hes a pretty common pick in pro games, because hes great
This is true. Thundergod's Wrath is a x5 big damage nuke that cannot miss. That's a big deal in a teamfight. (now how most pub game scrubs use it to snipe kills off other players because lelzoos)
Partially incorrect. A smoke of deceit can save your ass if you're running and low on HP, as being invis protects you from the damage.
Image
User avatar
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm
Byond Username: Vekter
Location: Fucking around with the engine.

Re: doter 2

Post by Vekter » #59910

I'm so bad at this game, save for 2 heroes: Axe and Faceless.

I shouldn't be proud of that.
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
iRazgriz
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:40 am

Re: doter 2

Post by iRazgriz » #59930

Vekter wrote:I'm so bad at this game, save for 2 heroes: Axe and Faceless.

I shouldn't be proud of that.
No you shouldn't.
Image
miggles
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles
Contact:

Re: doter 2

Post by miggles » #60005

axe is one of my favorite heroes, dont be ashamed of being good at him
FV is also pretty hard to play well except at super low levels because the enemy wont let you have the space you need to actually git gud and kill people
of course, with RNGesus on your side you can kill people with level 1 backtrack and time lock

if you get fed as FV though then gg you won the game
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
iRazgriz
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:40 am

Re: doter 2

Post by iRazgriz » #60125

miggles wrote:axe is one of my favorite heroes, dont be ashamed of being good at him
FV is also pretty hard to play well except at super low levels because the enemy wont let you have the space you need to actually git gud and kill people
of course, with RNGesus on your side you can kill people with level 1 backtrack and time lock

if you get fed as FV though then gg you won the game
The issue is that it's hard to really shut down a Void, and Backtrack is ridicolously OP, as you cannot negate it even with mkb.
Also if in your team you have people like Sand King, WD, Lich or Juggernaut you don't even need to be able to kill people, just land a decent chrono.
Jug can ult into chrono yes.
Image
User avatar
Phalanx300
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:26 pm
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Re: doter 2

Post by Phalanx300 » #60134

Sum Ting Wong wrote:Fuck techies
Techies is great fun, just mindfucking with everyone. I love to use smoke and go into Roshan cave to mine the crap out of it before using my TP to get out. Or sneaking into the enemy jungle its great fun. Though my favourite must be Lion, lots of utility and killing power.
cedarbridge
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: doter 2

Post by cedarbridge » #60328

iRazgriz wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
miggles wrote:you act like zeus isnt a top tier hero
hes a pretty common pick in pro games, because hes great
This is true. Thundergod's Wrath is a x5 big damage nuke that cannot miss. That's a big deal in a teamfight. (now how most pub game scrubs use it to snipe kills off other players because lelzoos)
Partially incorrect. A smoke of deceit can save your ass if you're running and low on HP, as being invis protects you from the damage.
This would be relevant if people actually did stupid things like pop smoke in the middle of teamfights and if it worked.

Also, nobody drafts a team with the idea "I can't pick that guy they'll gank him!!!" Stop getting ganked scrub.
ColonicAcid
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: doter 2

Post by ColonicAcid » #60490

>nobody drafts a team with the idea "I can't pick that guy they'll gank him!!!"
>hello this is mr. Nevermore I would like to speak to a señor cedarbridge.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
cedarbridge
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: doter 2

Post by cedarbridge » #60524

ColonicAcid wrote:>nobody drafts a team with the idea "I can't pick that guy they'll gank him!!!"
>hello this is mr. Nevermore I would like to speak to a señor cedarbridge.
Except he gets drafted all the time. I'm not seeing your point.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]