doter 2 WHILST MVP DID NOT WIN THE MAJOR THEY WON OUR HEARTS

Talk about video games here
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: doter 2

Post by cedarbridge » #60524

Bottom post of the previous page:

ColonicAcid wrote:>nobody drafts a team with the idea "I can't pick that guy they'll gank him!!!"
>hello this is mr. Nevermore I would like to speak to a señor cedarbridge.
Except he gets drafted all the time. I'm not seeing your point.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #60532

Yeah but many times teams don't pick him because he's bad at escaping ganks.
Find me one instance where they picked a nevermore after someone like batrider was picked.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #60545

ColonicAcid wrote:Yeah but many times teams don't pick him because he's bad at escaping ganks.
Find me one instance where they picked a nevermore after someone like batrider was picked.
Feels like you're kinda oversimplifying. Picking Nevermore into Batrider is just bad because the matchup is bad in general. The ability of one to gank the other is icing at that point. Even without his ult, Bat shouldn't be losing to SF. Since we started talking about zoos though, he's just as gankable, but I've seen him picked twice now in the Asia Championships so far into a batrider and shit on the bat both times. The difference in that case is zoos can actually fight batrider.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #60546

In other news, playing Axe with my ~casual~ friends is no end of hilarious
iRazgriz

Post by iRazgriz » #60712

I am only on a lose streak of 10 :^)
iRazgriz

Post by iRazgriz » #61333

paprika wrote:Terrible bubble genre that will die or be shit all over for profit. Oh wait it's far too late for that second one. Rip WC3 yes I am a mature gamer that has only ever played the original dota/scdota
Quoting this because it's funny how wrong this is :^)
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #61355

iRazgriz wrote:I am only on a lose streak of 10 :^)
Reported
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #61414

::::^)
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #61418

iRazgriz wrote:
paprika wrote:Terrible bubble genre that will die or be shit all over for profit. Oh wait it's far too late for that second one. Rip WC3 yes I am a mature gamer that has only ever played the original dota/scdota
Quoting this because it's funny how wrong this is :^)
Partially its wrong because it was posted by pap. Its more wrong because it assumes that people will actually flock to a game just because its a moba and not because the game itself is good. lol Dawngate lol Infinite Crisis
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #61432

ive never heard of infinite crisis
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #61434

miggles wrote:ive never heard of infinite crisis
Its essentially Dominion from LoL, only with DC superheroes and villains. Also, dead mobs drop money instead of just giving it to you on kill. Items are also as boring as the are in games like Smite where they're 99% vague stat sticks.
nsos

Post by nsos » #61727

im dawngate pro
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #61732

To be fair cedar, your two examples are a relative unknown and a game which has had development shut down recently, never making it big.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

nsos

Post by nsos » #61789

My name is Omar from Saudi Arabia, a Dota 2 player and a tournament organizer who has just received the sad news about our king's death. I am very sad at the moment, I doubt that you know how I feel, It is just really really sad. I was 12 when King Abdullah reigned. I am 23 now and can't help myself getting emotional over this. All TV stations are airing holy scripts from the Quran, everything is quite outside and the country in mourning. I play Dota 2 a lot, and I decided to play Sand King for the next 90 games, in his memory.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #61860

Cipher3 wrote:To be fair cedar, your two examples are a relative unknown and a game which has had development shut down recently, never making it big.
My point still stands. The fact that these "other" mobas keep popping up and instantly evaporating is more proof against the bubble than proof for it.
miggles

Post by miggles » #62078

as if paprika would actually know anything about the things he doesnt like
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #62262

cedarbridge wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:To be fair cedar, your two examples are a relative unknown and a game which has had development shut down recently, never making it big.
My point still stands. The fact that these "other" mobas keep popping up and instantly evaporating is more proof against the bubble than proof for it.
Yep, bubbles are characterized by a period of rampant speculation and the perception of infinite profit that, while seemingly real, does not actually exist.

Mobas as a genre are not behaving in this manner, and are not seen as a way to generate infinite profit. Trying to make an alternate Dota or LoL, without having a very realy pre-existing base or draw, almost certainly will end in near instant failure.

It would be like saying there was a football bubble because the XFL flopped because it couldn't compete with the fucking giant of the NFL. That only shows that the existing giant is entrenched and not budging, which is a large tell, though not guarentee, that this isn't a bubble.

The moba market is probably going to end up with only 3-5 mobas in the end doing well enough to really talk about, and with only a faction of them running at competitive play levels where you see the insane high end sponsorships like Coke.

My money is that Dota and LoL are going to endlessly compete for having "the" pro-play scene and both benefit from it, and we will see HoTS coast happily along using the hearthstone playerbase. Smite looked like it might become the tiny tim of the Moba genre for a bit becase surprisingly it has a tournament scene and relatively stable base but it hasn't broken the mil mark in people playing at once, so that puts it in the weird spot where it isn't dying, isn't growing, and is making money. I suspect it will colapse because HoTS probably will take home the "Most casual of all casual" market.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #62265

dezzmont wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Yep, bubbles are characterized by a period of rampant speculation and the perception of infinite profit that, while seemingly real, does not actually exist.

Mobas as a genre are not behaving in this manner, and are not seen as a way to generate infinite profit. Trying to make an alternate Dota or LoL, without having a very realy pre-existing base or draw, almost certainly will end in near instant failure.

It would be like saying there was a football bubble because the XFL flopped because it couldn't compete with the fucking giant of the NFL. That only shows that the existing giant is entrenched and not budging, which is a large tell, though not guarentee, that this isn't a bubble.

The moba market is probably going to end up with only 3-5 mobas in the end doing well enough to really talk about, and with only a faction of them running at competitive play levels where you see the insane high end sponsorships like Coke.

My money is that Dota and LoL are going to endlessly compete for having "the" pro-play scene and both benefit from it, and we will see HoTS coast happily along using the hearthstone playerbase. Smite looked like it might become the tiny tim of the Moba genre for a bit becase surprisingly it has a tournament scene and relatively stable base but it hasn't broken the mil mark in people playing at once, so that puts it in the weird spot where it isn't dying, isn't growing, and is making money. I suspect it will colapse because HoTS probably will take home the "Most casual of all casual" market.
HotS and Smite are both awful tho.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #62267

HotS has a certain charm with how it handles XP and items, but I can't see it ever being played seriously. It is like a moba with none of the work.

Smite is pure garbage, I have no idea how it is so resiliant.
iRazgriz

Post by iRazgriz » #62340

Smite is fun played with friends once in a while
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #62347

My first Moba was Dota so when I try others it just comes over as "simple" when compared to Dota. Though was a lot of fun because it provides a new way of playing through 3rd person gameplay. Still having to pay to play your heroes doesn't seem like a good way to go about it.
miggles

Post by miggles » #62423

smite is a moba that non-moba fans enjoy
thats why people like it
its a more "active" moba so people who get bored by mobas or cant get into them are attracted to it
most people who like dota, like us, dont like that because we're inclined to dota
HotS is just hilariously stupid tho
iRazgriz

Post by iRazgriz » #62426

HotS is such a failure I cannot even begin to describe how badly they screwed it up.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #63618

Today I learned that 6 slotting your Doom by the 1hr mark will make pubbies rage at you. I should do this more often.
iRazgriz

Post by iRazgriz » #63671

cedarbridge wrote:Today I learned that 6 slotting your Doom by the 1hr mark will make pubbies rage at you. I should do this more often.
Doom is my second favourite hero right after clockwerk.

Get midas before 7 minutes and become a money printing machine.

My fave build, in order, is

Midas
Phase
Shadow Blade (very situational, but good if you're fighting scrubs)
Tarrasque
Skadi
AC
Sell midas for Shivas
BkB if they have strong CC

With tarrasque, skadi and the alpha wolf aura you can just walk up to people and give them a reminder of why you don't let Doom get fat.

Aghs is good against Abaddon and PL mostly.
Aghs refresher is kind of a waste imho.

Just don't build shit items like Vanguard, Radiance eccetera.

Also Rapier is viable on Doom is you're really stomping.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #63674

iRazgriz wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:Today I learned that 6 slotting your Doom by the 1hr mark will make pubbies rage at you. I should do this more often.

Midas
Phase
Tarrasque
Skadi
AC
Sell midas for Shivas

With tarrasque, skadi and the alpha wolf aura you can just walk up to people and give them a reminder of why you don't let Doom get fat.

Refresher is great (and tends to show up in most super late tourny level builds.) Though really, Heart/AC/Skadi already makes you an unstoppable raidboss.
iRazgriz

Post by iRazgriz » #64128

cedarbridge wrote:
iRazgriz wrote:

Midas
Phase
Tarrasque
Skadi
AC
Sell midas for Shivas

Refresher is great (and tends to show up in most super late tourny level builds.) Though really, Heart/AC/Skadi already makes you an unstoppable raidboss.
Refresher is great depending on the enemy team.
If they have carries that do not need spells to eat your face, it's not really useful.

It's good if they have strong teamfight tho.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #64152

Dooming an invoker feels really damn good too.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #66564

Video games are exhausting
Juninho77
Byond Username: Juninho77

Post by Juninho77 » #66595

30/9 sniper? Uh oh.
Alive for 10 shifts and counting.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #66597

Juninho77 wrote:30/9 sniper? Uh oh.
He was legitimately the only guy on their team that had a clue, but he was also helped out by most of our team having no idea what they were doing either.
Juninho77
Byond Username: Juninho77

Post by Juninho77 » #66603

Looking at that Tinker's build brings tears to my eyes. Eul's? Linken's Sphere? And what the hell was that blade of alacrity for? Sadness. Sadness.
Alive for 10 shifts and counting.
nsos

Post by nsos » #66627

yes, the <300 gpm tinker with no blink dagger
M0nsoon
Byond Username: ShadowHunterOO

Post by M0nsoon » #66694

You guys play alone or with other people?

I have solo queue anxiety and can't que up unless I'm with others
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #66759

M0nsoon wrote:You guys play alone or with other people?

I have solo queue anxiety and can't que up unless I'm with others
Played a few yesterday with miggles. I haven't really played with a lot of experienced players (outside of randoms in solo queue) since most of the guys I do party with tend to be minimally experienced with mobas.
miggles

Post by miggles » #66773

that was like my second time playing ember, though the first time i played him i had no idea what i was doing
2 battlefuries is so satisfying
if that sniper hadnt fucked me up mid i would have definitely snowballed out of control
the visage was actually really good too, i commended him
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #85186

So how about that 6.84?
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #85556

Erbbu wrote:So how about that 6.84?
I'll say this :

Undying is unexpectedly strong in this patch. The nerf to rubberband helped him out a lot, and the buffs to his Soul Rip have put him in a pretty good place. Not only that, but I swear to god, Guardian Greaves are made for him. Add-in a Hood/Pipe, and you have a walking aura monster dropping tombstones in the middle of every teamfights.
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #85811

Yeah, I did have a couple of friends stomping with an Undying KotL lane earlier.
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #92055

Since I started playing again, solo queue has been surprisingly nice. Very few flamers, very few people giving up too early. I wonder if there is some truth to the rumor that you get paired with people like you, aka non-flamers tend to get non-flamer teammates whereas flamers get flamer teammates.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #92116

Erbbu wrote:Since I started playing again, solo queue has been surprisingly nice. Very few flamers, very few people giving up too early. I wonder if there is some truth to the rumor that you get paired with people like you, aka non-flamers tend to get non-flamer teammates whereas flamers get flamer teammates.
Are you describing Dota or a dating site?
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #92120

cedarbridge wrote:
Erbbu wrote:Since I started playing again, solo queue has been surprisingly nice. Very few flamers, very few people giving up too early. I wonder if there is some truth to the rumor that you get paired with people like you, aka non-flamers tend to get non-flamer teammates whereas flamers get flamer teammates.
Are you describing Dota or a dating site?
Sometimes I wonder if there is a difference.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #92156

DOTER
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #92356

D O T E S
O
T
E
S

Add me fags, I fucking suck but I have fun.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #92401

I won't have a functioning computer for who knows how long (until I find new work and a new apartment to move into and a better Internet connection) or I would.
nsos

Post by nsos » #93727

my friend gifted me this TI5 doom set

it looks so edgy and dumb that it wraps around back to looking super good
nsos

Post by nsos » #93729

all i do is pick brewmaster anymore i cant be assed to do anything else pressing buttons other than q and w are too much effort
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #93755

nsos wrote:all i do is pick brewmaster anymore i cant be assed to do anything else pressing buttons other than q and w are too much effort
So you don't use your ult then? Shit brew, would not party with.
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #93869

Yeah Brew is a pretty simple hero right until you activate your ult.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #94432

Press ult win games, brew is fucking crazy once you get that aghs action going.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #95412