9*9 treasure rooms that can be docked with the station.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

9*9 treasure rooms that can be docked with the station.

Post by Helios » #607362

There is a 9*9 spot on current stations, that is currently used to launch Aux bases into lavaland.
What I am proposing would be to flip this on it's head. Use it as a landing port for a 9*9 room that is full of treasure/neat stuff, that can be sent back to the station, so everyone can enjoy the spoils.
This can be a reward at the end of a gateway mission, a reward for a particularly difficult lavaland boss, as well as randomly generated in space, only findable if the players are thorough or lucky.
Example treasure rooms could be a 9*9 room from the clown planet, coated in Bananium, with a variety of clown PDAs, spray flowers, and banana peels. A room with a working (and from a radioactivity perspective, quite leaky) nuclear reactor, found on the Russian station. A treasure vault full of gold bars, championship belts, and diamond walls. A prize from defeating Gluttony on Lavaland. You could also have a 9*9 room full of facehuggers and an alien queen, though that seems more like something that would require an admin action, rather then being on the RNG table.
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Re: 9*9 treasure rooms that can be docked with the station.

Post by Valorium » #608155

Sounds appealing...and dangerous.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #608185

It's at least better than the Aux Base, which is literally never used. People do love being shipped Gamer Gear...
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #608238

This sounds exactly like something that will get abandoned because nobody will be willing to make new treasure rooms.
The rewards from such rooms should be considerable (but you also need to consider that it’s never going to be enough or it’s overpowered. it has to scale to population which isnt always feasible), otherwise going for this on a highpop round is downright idiotic. Say you killed a gateway or lavaland boss. To reciaim your loot you have to: go back through the gateway/shuttle to station, navigate hallways to where the Aux Base currently is, do it all before someone else takes every important item you’ve been interested in.

The only place where this makes sense are station goals. The reward is earned by station, therefore reward needs to be shared.
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #608328

Sounds lame
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #608356

I kind of like the idea but something seems off. Maybe free gamer loot for the whole crew doesn't work if they don't have to earn it somehow.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #608417

what would be neat is if you could deploy the aux base in space if people wanted to use it as a foundation for a room
Helios

Post by Helios » #609305

Flatulent wrote:This sounds exactly like something that will get abandoned because nobody will be willing to make new treasure rooms.
The rewards from such rooms should be considerable (but you also need to consider that it’s never going to be enough or it’s overpowered. it has to scale to population which isnt always feasible), otherwise going for this on a highpop round is downright idiotic. Say you killed a gateway or lavaland boss. To reciaim your loot you have to: go back through the gateway/shuttle to station, navigate hallways to where the Aux Base currently is, do it all before someone else takes every important item you’ve been interested in.

The only place where this makes sense are station goals. The reward is earned by station, therefore reward needs to be shared.
Good points. So as I see it there's 2 types of treasure rooms. There's ones you find in space, like a leaky reactor, or clown planet treasure vault. There's also treasure rooms in Lavaland from bosses with fixed locations. So behind Gluttony or Legion is a treasure room built into the map. At the center of the treasure room, you find a computer console in the center that locks in on the aux base. When the button is presssed, there's an announcement that a treasure room has locked onto the beacon, and will arrive in 90 seconds. The space explorer/miner gets a free ride home, and 90 seconds to pick the best loot if they haven't already.
The second would be keys that have a percentage chance of dropping from other megafauna. So Ash drake, Bubblegum, Colossus all have a percentage chance of dropping a unique key. This is brought back to the station, shaft miner turns the key, a different announcement is made "Pristine treasure room detected, will dock in 90 seconds". At this point there can be a real fight among assistants to get first dibs.
JusticeGoat wrote:what would be neat is if you could deploy the aux base in space if people wanted to use it as a foundation for a room
This would be great.
Helios

Post by Helios » #628691

Further follow up.
This in reality is not all too dissimilar from what is currently being done with white ships and other vessels being able to dock with the station. They are full of loot and dock.
To distinguish this, I would say that treasure rooms are supposed to be a permanent additon to the station. There would be one trap option that is detrimental to the station, like the disco inferno exception to space shuttle rule (A room with a working (and from a radioactivity perspective, quite leaky) nuclear reactor, found on the Russian station).
Other benefits as examples.
Colossus:An Angelic Sympony. A crystal in the center of the room that the first time you click on heals 50 damage, and satisfies your hunger. The next time you interact with it, it restores 40, 30 20 10 so on, and eventually just restoring nourishment.
Bubblegum:An altar at the center allows people to instantly replace one of their arms with a chainsaw.
Legion:There are 9 floating skull followers, limit of 1 skull per person. Skulls have a 5% chance of being named Morte. They float around, follow the person like a leveled up minebot. Attacks wildlife or someone attacking the player.