Monastery shuttle. Is it a grief shuttle?

carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Monastery shuttle. Is it a grief shuttle?

Post by carshalash » #605803

The shuttle is broken and has trouble interacting with a lot of things depending on where it lands - random walls and parts of the station will get stuck to it as well as multiple invisible walls happening for some reason. Most of the time you can't guarantee you will be able to get onto the shuttle from escape, it does not have a confirmed entrance from escape while meteor with rockets on it did. It eats up more credits than any other shuttle in the game, this is screwing over cargo and the crew just so the heads of staff can have their funny prank.

The descriptions of the shuttle through admin tools are followed.

It's pretty cut and dry this shouldn't be something that should be freely ordered by heads of staff, the argument that it costs a large number of credits is kind of baffling. Heads of staff aren't the people getting said credits. This shuttle should be locked from being ordered until mothblocks finishes the emag prerequisite for shuttles at the very least, if not someone needs to fix how its parked.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Monastery shuttle. Is it a grief shuttle?

Post by cacogen » #605805

The one time I've encountered it it killed so many people while docking. It reached almost to Central Primary on MetaStation and cut through large portions of science and medbay. People aren't used to it and it's easy to forget that it's been bought so they aren't prepared for it and they aren't able to get out of the way in time. Should take longer to dock or something.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #605807

cacogen wrote:People aren't used to it
so they arent for any dangerous mechanic or weapon in the first case but after they know that the blue circles = death they ll dodge it next time

only problem the shuttle has it freezing the server when its bought and when it lands and the fact that it eats toxins storage on every map
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #605815

Having it cost a lot of credits DETERS seeing it as often. If you dislike how someone is spending the station budget, particularly for shuttles that can kill people, that should definitely be an escalation-worthy offense
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #605816

Pretty sure this is covered already under headmin rulings regarding shitty shuttles, although this was a few years ago so perhaps the current headmins would like to weigh in on this

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Headmin_Rulings

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 30#p313973
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #605819

Lots of shuttles are basically grief shuttles (Asteroid, Rollerdome, Build Your Own...) to be fair
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #605830

Yeah, if this shuttle is removed because it causes grief then so should a whole lot of others.
Anything uncommon is okay to be a little broken IMO. If you saw it every 5th round, then yeah it would be a problem. These things can be annoying when they do happen, but as long as they aren't happening often, that's totally fine and makes for a unique experience. I don't mind getting mega-cancer from the shard-chernobyl-shuttle because it's super rare and, tbh, it's in the interest of fun.

Disco Inferno was removed/nerfed because it was super common and husked everyone on the shuttle, and the joke kind of got old... So it wasn't really fun anymore for a lot of people. In comparison to that this is pretty harmless.
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #605860

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:
cacogen wrote:People aren't used to it
so they arent for any dangerous mechanic or weapon in the first case but after they know that the blue circles = death they ll dodge it next time

only problem the shuttle has it freezing the server when its bought and when it lands and the fact that it eats toxins storage on every map
Suffice to say:

A) People don't realise a huge shuttle is coming until it's begun to dock
B) The huge section of station it covers makes it a lot harder than the asteroid shuttle to get out of the way of
C) Turfs underneath being overlaid and invisible wall issues are bugs and cause problems with boarding

As I said, I think the solution is just making it take longer to dock so people have more of an opportunity to get out of the way. I don't think the likelihood of it being bought should be reduced any further by gating it behind things.

For the record, I wasn't one of the dummies it gibbed. But it did seem fucked up to me the huge amount of people the shuttle docking removed from the round.

The invisible walls got in the way of people boarding, too. It disappointed me because I wanted to explore the thing (at least until I remembered it was from PubbyStation or whatever) and it was only possible after it had left. Then I only got three minutes before end of round grief and there were firelocks down and I didn't have a crowbar.
Pandarsenic wrote:Lots of shuttles are basically grief shuttles (Asteroid, Rollerdome, Build Your Own...) to be fair
I don't think it's the same thing (although we do have some garbage shuttles). For one, you have the option to not get killed by the shuttle by taking a pod instead. This one crushes half of science and medbay on MetaStation when it docks.
NSFW:

carshalash

Post by carshalash » #608168

Okay, had a round where it was the shuttle so more people could see how shit it is.
Spoiler:
The only entrance onto the shuttle had to be made through the medbay break room, it was incredibly jank. We were able to noclip through most of the walls that were now a part of the shuttle, even janker.
Spoiler:
Here we have me in the metastation chapel, it is a weird combination of rocks and walls that someone managed to crawl into
Spoiler:
This is the garden/common area, it's a horrible mismash of walls and garbage from the station. Near the top left, there are a few people that got gibbed.
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #608186

carshalash wrote:Okay, had a round where it was the shuttle so more people could see how shit it is.
Spoiler:
The only entrance onto the shuttle had to be made through the medbay break room, it was incredibly jank. We were able to noclip through most of the walls that were now a part of the shuttle, even janker.
Spoiler:
Here we have me in the metastation chapel, it is a weird combination of rocks and walls that someone managed to crawl into
Spoiler:
This is the garden/common area, it's a horrible mismash of walls and garbage from the station. Near the top left, there are a few people that got gibbed.
This is a bug with shuttle code. For some reason walls go over everything when you land on them. The same thing happens every ice box round with the nukie shuttle if it lands on rocks.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #608187

It does in fact seem to be severely bugged and should maybe be removed, code-wise, until/unless it can be fixed?
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #608189

Pandarsenic wrote:It does in fact seem to be severely bugged and should maybe be removed, code-wise, until/unless it can be fixed?
are you suggesting we remove all shuttles
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #608194

Fikou wrote:
Pandarsenic wrote:It does in fact seem to be severely bugged and should maybe be removed, code-wise, until/unless it can be fixed?
If they eat nearly half the station and/or kill the server, yes.

Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #608197

Daniel was a better shuttle, it griefed better and it took less space.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #608212

Fikou wrote:
Yes

Or at least the ones that generate massive invisible walls (and "fake" walkable walls)

And no Flukies on Ice Box naturally.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #608275

Pandarsenic wrote:Lots of shuttles are basically grief shuttles (Asteroid, Rollerdome, Build Your Own...) to be fair
I explicitly designed Rollerdome to not be a grief shuttle. In fact, the entire point was to take Disco Inferno and make it less griefy.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #608277

I turned instrument sounds off because of a spammy pAI and left it off when I found out that the Rollerdome's incredibly loud Caramelldansen also gets silenced by that setting. If I recall, the forced rest-stand spam also messes with carrying and dragging people and the occasional item.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #608337

The jukebox is just a cursed lag machine
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #608355

For me at least the game freezes and sometimes disconnects me when a new song loads. I also noticed having instruments off gives you an advantage because for some reason the emote spam doesn't affect you, so you don't drop items.
NSFW:

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #608400

the juke box lags, is extremely loud, is unintuitive to mute, and the rollerdome doesn't have a medbay or brig. i don't think it's a grief shuttle i just think it's annoying
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #608401

but also this is about the monastery anyway
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #608412

sinfulbliss wrote:Yeah, if this shuttle is removed because it causes grief then so should a whole lot of others.
Anything uncommon is okay to be a little broken IMO. If you saw it every 5th round, then yeah it would be a problem. These things can be annoying when they do happen, but as long as they aren't happening often, that's totally fine and makes for a unique experience. I don't mind getting mega-cancer from the shard-chernobyl-shuttle because it's super rare and, tbh, it's in the interest of fun.

Disco Inferno was removed/nerfed because it was super common and husked everyone on the shuttle, and the joke kind of got old... So it wasn't really fun anymore for a lot of people. In comparison to that this is pretty harmless.
>Disco Inferno was removed/nerfed because it was super common

I might have had something to do with this and i still feel bad about it
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #609635

It's not even remotely docking properly anymore.