Ban drones from going on Shuttle

Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Ban drones from going on Shuttle

Post by Bombadil » #60613

They arn't humans or cyborgs they are machines made to improve the station. They shouldn't leave it
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Wizardjenkins66
Byond Username: Wizardjenkins66

Re: Ban drones from going on Shuttle

Post by Wizardjenkins66 » #60617

Just make them valid.
Violaceus wrote: Mining smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to man- and lizard-kind. Katanas are thrice as sharp as eswords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything an esword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a durand mech with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why Syndicate never bothered conquering Mining? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined miners and their katanas of destruction.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #60622

Their laws already mean they shouldn't get on the shuttle. They can and do get killed by many people when they go on the shuttle because their law violating shitters.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #60633

They shouldn't be on the shuttle. It's natural most players would gravitate towards it so they just need reminding.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #60659

Uh

Why does it matter and why do people care, again?
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #60666

Balut wrote:Uh

Why does it matter and why do people care, again?
Because the shuttle is griff central and the only reason for a drone to be there is to participate in the same. Also, it shows that the drone player doesn't understand their laws and thus makes them suspect for breaking them in other ways down the line.
DNS
Byond Username: DarkNightSin

Post by DNS » #60713

All for this. 24/7. Props to all the people who their only argument is "why do people even care". Should be an addendum on their laws that specifically states they do not get on the escape shuttle, or something along those lines.
I draw things and use twitter.
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ShizCalev
Github Username: ShizCalev

Post by ShizCalev » #60725

was silly, nvm. don't care really lol
Last edited by ShizCalev on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
>Be ling
>Spread misinformation about how SM works to sabotage it
OOC: ChemicalRascal: Lying about game mechanics in relation to an engine that is poorly understood by most isn't cool, though
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #60727

Drones are already valid to beat up and steal their tools, you know, right?

I don't see why it's a big enough deal to waste time on a policy discussion, seeing as several admins already ban for it.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #60799

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Drones are already valid to beat up and steal their tools, you know, right?
Incorrect
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #60800

...you guys implemented drones without making them valid...???
That's dumb. I hope someday someone goes back and reads over the mommi thread and tries that instead.

But yeah drones shouldn't leave on the shuttle, even tho it's not a big deal
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #60801

Why the fuck does everything you don't like have to be valid? Can you play the game without having to have a list of things to kill to sate your need to click sprites untill they fall over?

Have you considered taking a break to go play Serious Sam or something similar?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #60805

You're seriously misinterpretting what I said. Them being valid isn't so people can just stomp them out on sight for kicks, it's so that as opposed to getting cocky and mingling with humans, they do what they're supposed to and avoid humans and repair the station from the shadows.
Last edited by danno on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #60806

The problem is a lot of players consider "valid" to mean "I get to kill this thing under any circumstances and be free of any repercussions!" which isn't true in all cases.

The very word valid has been misused and is something I want to move away from.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #60811

What if we found a code method of essentially blocking a Drone from entering a Shuttle zone? As if there was a invisible wall blocking them.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #60853

Steelpoint wrote:What if we found a code method of essentially blocking a Drone from entering a Shuttle zone? As if there was a invisible wall blocking them.
That's incredibly hacky and unnecessary.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #60855

Steelpoint wrote:What if we found a code method of essentially blocking a Drone from entering a Shuttle zone? As if there was a invisible wall blocking them.
Just make them explode on shuttle entry. That'll teach those little shits.
Braincake
Byond Username: Braincake

Post by Braincake » #60869

Is there some place where this (and potentially, other) addendums to the Drone laws are mentioned and officially recognized, like the Sillicon Policy page for AI/Cyborgs?

The wiki page on Drones is outdated and has the wrong lawset. The current lawset, as can be seen here, does not mention the station at all.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #61142

Here is my completely honest opinion. Anyone in support of this is just whiny assholes who also enjoys a good dose of valid hunting. Since either people want drones to be valid, or they whine about drones entering the escape shuttle. My god.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #61146

When the dicks was, and why, were the laws changed? Were people seriously being such autists about not understanding the original laws, that they needed to be changed? Jesus Christ.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #61149

lumipharon wrote:Were people seriously being such autists about not understanding the original laws, that they needed to be changed? Jesus Christ.
You must have missed the threads from when they were first introduced.
"BUT WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY INTERFERE?"
"WHATS A BEING?"
"THAT ONLY MEANS HUMANS RIGHT?"
"IS IAN A BEING?"
"WHAT ABOUT THAT DEAD BODY?"
"CAN I UPLOAD AI LAWS?"
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #61156

No I remember, and all the shit in OOC, but seriously, they are SO FUCKING STRAIGHT FORWARD TO UNDERSTAND, like, it is actually difficult for them to be more simple.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #61163

I thought it was hardcoded already. As soon as one jumps on the shuttle my ban panel opens on its own. Or so it appears.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #61165

AdAstraPerAspera wrote:
Just make them explode on shuttle entry. That'll teach those little shits.
It'd be pretty easy and cheap on runtimes to implement a self destruct system if they leave their assigned Z-level.

Just saying...
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #61168

Why do Cyborgs get on the shuttle in the first place?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #61171

Silicons, unlike drones, have nothing in their laws (usually) to prevent them from doing so. Also an asimov borg has plenty of law 1 reason to go with all the humans instead of staying on the station.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #61172

The laws make no mention of the shuttle, or station, and simply tells drones to fix things, it doesn't say what they have to fix or improve

Either change the laws or let the little buggers on the shuttle, honestly, its end of round, does it matter? As long as they don't interfere, but everyone picks them up and wears them as hats anyway
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #61177

Drones are meant to be an uncomplicated way to get people back into the game in a low impact way that bypasses the normal restrictions to re-enter the game, mainly having a corpse located. They shouldn't be some big huge thing that needs a lot of design around it.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #61235

Violaceus wrote:If station is doomed, they follow law 3

And there are humans on shuttle to protect.
Last time I checked drone laws are different from Borg/AI laws. They're supposed to maintain and repair the station while interfering without interfering with other beings. Huge fire break out in the escape wing and there's several people laying on the ground engulfed in flames slowly burning to death? Sucks to be those assholes. Ignore them, put out the inferno, fix what needs to be fixed, and let God decide what happens to those poor bastards.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #65842

Drone should never be on a pod or the shuttle. The only reason that should go into space is if someone threw them out an airlock or they are fixing the hull. They should never ever willingly leave the station z-level.

It's really simple and really straightforward. Their objectives are all focused on repairing the station, keeping the station going, etc. Leaving the station for any reason is directly counter to that.

We have to remind people of this and enforce this because a lot of players still think being a Drone means being a goofy simple mob that can do whatever it wants.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #65845

Do we really need yet another silicon policy for this?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #65861

So wait, If I'm not allowed to fuck with drones for the fuck of it, why are they coded to make such nice hats?
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #65886

Technically the emergency escape shuttle "connects" with the station, thus becoming a part of the station. Also the escape pods start attached to the station.

So if a Drone happens to be onboard a shuttle when it happens to disconnect from the station, well there's nothing those poor Drones can do now but maintain its new station.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #66125

Steelpoint wrote:Technically the emergency escape shuttle "connects" with the station, thus becoming a part of the station. Also the escape pods start attached to the station.

So if a Drone happens to be onboard a shuttle when it happens to disconnect from the station, well there's nothing those poor Drones can do now but maintain its new station.
No. That's stupid. They're obviously intentionally trying to leave the station and head for centcom. The shuttle is made out of different materials, colored differently, it's a vehicle, and it's only ever connected to the station for 2:00 out of the entire round. Roleplaying "Well I'm just a dumb drone I can't tell where the station begins or ends!" is the same as roleplaying a dumb AI who doesn't understand what a human is/looks like so they murder everyone.

Don't try to rationalize this behavior. They shouldn't go on the shuttles. End of story.

This doesn't make sense as a policy discussion because drones are never supposed to be on the shuttle anyway. OP is suggesting something that's already true. I just yelled at someone else last round for this.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Mikecari

Post by mikecari » #66143

Ikarrus wrote:Do we really need yet another silicon policy for this?
Apparently we do because of chelplords like:
steelpoint wrote: Technically the emergency escape shuttle "connects" with the station, thus becoming a part of the station. Also the escape pods start attached to the station.

And
wizardjenkins66 wrote: Just make them valid
I can't even begin to describe how stupid these two statements are.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #66146

I made that statement because I find it inane we need to go to such lengths to stop and punish people from going on the evac shuttle.

Does this really ruin people's rounds? This is not a case of a Cyborg bolting people down its just a case of a small drone going on a shuttle.

Why make a big issue out of something that has no impact on the round, especially when the round will be ending two minutes later.
Fayrik
Byond Username: Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #66385

Can someone please explain, for the likes of me who think this is a total non-issue, what exactly is wrong with a drone being on the shuttle?
Yes, it's against their laws and that's poor roleplay, but to me this situation stands roughly equivalent to someone getting buttmad over a borg not responding to an order to rub their feet.

I'm genuinely curious, because although I can't see what's wrong with it, apparently it's a really big issue, and I want to know why.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #66390

They crawl all over people, and inevitably someone (because they're valid) takes a swing at one with a fire-extinguisher, resulting in that person getting bashed in the face.
Moments later everyone is beating the shit out of eachother trying to get the drone/get revenge.

The shuttle is already a cramped clusterfuck hellride to Centcom. Drones don't help that one bit and they shouldn't be abandoning their station in the first place.
Drones are supposed to have lots of restrictions imposed on them because they're a crappy simple-mob second chance at life on the station.
Drones have little to no freedom because it's the spirit of their design.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #66493

I have never seen Drones ever get in people's ways (they move through people) nor a Drone causing a fight, and to be frank people will cause a mess on the shuttle with or without Drones.

This seems like a step in banning/administrating people for doing something that is genuinely harmless and affects no one.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #66593

Yeah shuttle grief has been happening long before drones were added.

It used to net you a 15 minute ban but I guess things are too chaotic on it now.
Maybe its time we realised that cramming 80 people onto a shuttle designed for 40 is bad and that we should make a bigger escape shuttle?
adamkad1
Byond Username: Adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #496774

Theres a obvious exception for the bardrone right?
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #496777

How the fuck did you find this the last post was 4 years ago
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #496778

I've played since 2017 and I've never seen this enforced, so I wouldn't worry about it being relevant today
Also drones are disabled (rip) because of admin lazyness and logging limitations, so, again, irrelevant
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #496781

teepeepee wrote:I've played since 2017 and I've never seen this enforced, so I wouldn't worry about it being relevant today
Also drones are disabled (rip) because of admin lazyness and logging limitations, so, again, irrelevant
It was enforced.
Drones don't exist because players simply couldn't be trusted with nice things and because we made them tiny respawning humans instead of porting MoMMIs.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #496789

cedarbridge wrote:
teepeepee wrote:I've played since 2017 and I've never seen this enforced, so I wouldn't worry about it being relevant today
It was enforced.
not while I've played, I've been in the shuttle many rounds without problem, not even getting killed for being valid
cedarbridge wrote:Drones don't exist because players simply couldn't be trusted with nice things and because we made them tiny respawning humans instead of porting MoMMIs.
they don't exist because you don't wanna do the volunteer work you (admins) signed up for and ban offenders from drone (permanently)
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #496790

adamkad1 wrote:Theres a obvious exception for the bardrone right?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #496792

locking for necro
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: