Man ends engineering forever peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Man ends engineering forever peanut

Post by Valorium » #620924

Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Re: Man ends engineering forever peanut

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #620926

"They didn't do anything wrong, they were just trying to disarm you of your baton and disabler!"

Incredible. Tell me you don't actually play the game without telling me you don't play the game.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #620934

Admin has an anime avatar

Overturn
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #620944

I read the opening description and instantly knew this was either Manuel or Terry. I am inventing /tg/station horseshoe theory.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #620960

Pandarsenic wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:39 pm I read the opening description and instantly knew this was either Manuel or Terry. I am inventing /tg/station horseshoe theory.
Don't be silly, Manuel players wouldn't be able to fight off security multiple times
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #620974

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:44 pm "They didn't do anything wrong, they were just trying to disarm you of your baton and disabler!"

Incredible. Tell me you don't actually play the game without telling me you don't play the game.
Yeah, wasn't there a ruling a while ago that taking sec equipment, particularly (and specifically) batons, considered taking lethals? Like, I can't say I agree with the banned seccie's general demeanor but if every single member of the engineering department attacks a security officer who's arresting their boss for beating the shit out of someone and takes their gear, then that doesn't exactly open them up to a relaxed discussion.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #620997

Valorium wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:10 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:44 pm "They didn't do anything wrong, they were just trying to disarm you of your baton and disabler!"

Yeah, wasn't there a ruling a while ago that taking sec equipment, particularly (and specifically) batons, considered taking lethals? Like, I can't say I agree with the banned seccie's general demeanor but if every single member of the engineering department attacks a security officer who's arresting their boss for beating the shit out of someone and takes their gear, then that doesn't exactly open them up to a relaxed discussion.
For what little it's worth, "has stun equipment like batons" is considered grounds to authorize Lethal Force under Space Law; but Space Law is less policy and more just a Roleplay thing.

But noone who actually plays this game would say "Yeah that dude stole your baton, he wasn't a threat, though :)" because baton theft = instant death half the time.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #620999

• Security disperse the protest and end up arresting protesters; which was unjust in their eyes as they hadn't done any wrongdoing by exercising their right to protest
Man, the right to protest seems pretty non-applicable on a corporate space station and is found literally nowhere in the rules or even space law.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #621002

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:50 am
• Security disperse the protest and end up arresting protesters; which was unjust in their eyes as they hadn't done any wrongdoing by exercising their right to protest
Man, the right to protest seems pretty non-applicable on a corporate space station and is found literally nowhere in the rules or even space law.
this seems reasonable.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #621039

I hate servers that treat space law like a holy bible, please for gods sake DO NOT TREAT THAT SHIT LIKE A BIBLE ITS FLAWED!
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #621077

i could be wrong but doesnt policy say that once you are being attacked by more than one person, that opens them up to lethals?
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #621086

I seem to recall the guide to security used to just straight up say "don't take shit from a grey tide" and that it's valid to shoot them all on the spot if a bunch of people try invading the brig
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #621211

Screemonster wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:03 am I seem to recall the guide to security used to just straight up say "don't take shit from a grey tide" and that it's valid to shoot them all on the spot if a bunch of people try invading the brig
Yeah something like that is still in space law and I would say it makes sense
Spacelaw wrote: It is required to order the crowd to disperse, failure to disperse is the crime not the assembly. Any crimes committed during the riot are considered separate offences.
Multiple Hostiles - it can be extremely difficult to detain multiple hostiles. As a last resort if you are being mobbed you may deploy your baton in a harmful manner to thin the crowd. Generally it is better to retreat and regroup than stand your ground.
There is little room for retreat when defending the brig.
It's near impossible to non-lethally incapacitate an entire crowd. Especially because of flashbang nerfs.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #621212

Need to have enough officers to arrest the entire group at once. Otherwise they will just shove you and then you are oofed.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #621216

or [shotgun copypasta here]
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #621221

sad stare at nearly useless tear gas
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #621254

Personally I'd like the banning admin/headmins to try and resolve the fact that them and the appealer are telling very different stories about what happened that round and that one of the two is either lying, missing something important, or being misleading in that appeal.

As is theyre just talking past each other
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #621281

space law is a guide