Puts secure SM shards as decorations for cargo, throws flashbangs, gets a 183 day ban peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Puts secure SM shards as decorations for cargo, throws flashbangs, gets a 183 day ban peanut

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #638305

Bottom post of the previous page:

Weirdest Ban Appeal I've ever seen, also what a harsh admin jeez bro. Sybil moment.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31566

I saw this i just HAD to make a peanut of it
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Puts secure SM shards as decorations for cargo, throws flashbangs, gets a 183 day ban peanut

Post by Nabski » #639163

Pandarsenic wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:29 am Well I think I speak for a lot of the gallery when I say "wow that ended up even worse under the surface than I expected"
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: Puts secure SM shards as decorations for cargo, throws flashbangs, gets a 183 day ban peanut

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #639165

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:03 am this shocks me less than it ideally should and that makes me sad
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #639166

MrStonedOne wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:48 pm
Tearling wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:43 pm Did you wait until after they responded to say fat chance to give the illusion that you predicted my prediction would be wrong?
"fat chance" refers to the part i bolded and underlined.
Oh, fair. Fuck.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #639168

It's interesting to go back in a peanut thread like this after a definitive conclusion has been made and posted (to say the absolute least).
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #639169

guess it concluded, neat. Although saying "demoted" is strange, demoted to what exactly? But they've been demoted to a player looking in discord.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #639176

Mothblocks wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:44 pm if it helps, i would've copied and pasted that if it were the stance i actually wanted to take
It does help, made me crack a smile.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #639181

I would like to express that I am resisting the urge to say "I called it" since that's really immature and petty. Also I acknowledge saying this is effectively smuggling in an opportunity to say I called it.

I feel bad for Admiral but it is nice to see headmins are no-nonsense about this kind of stuff. What's more is they were transparent about what happened internally, effectively delivering on their promise of making things more transparent. Stingily shuffling a reputation point over to Mothblocks for how they handled it.
Spoiler:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #639186

cybersaber101 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:27 am guess it concluded, neat. Although saying "demoted" is strange, demoted to what exactly? But they've been demoted to a player looking in discord.
An alternative phrasing would be deadminned. They've been demoted out of adminship.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #639187

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:11 am Also I acknowledge saying this is effectively smuggling in an opportunity to say I called it.
This is a mature thing to say
[this space reserved]
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639188

why did the first post on page 1 glitch out into the first post on page 3

MOOOOOOOT
► Show Spoiler
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #639189

Shadowflame909 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:10 am why did the first post on page 1 glitch out into the first post on page 3

MOOOOOOOT
Happens with every thread
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #639190

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:11 am I would like to express that I am resisting the urge to say "I called it" since that's really immature and petty. Also I acknowledge saying this is effectively smuggling in an opportunity to say I called it.

I feel bad for Admiral but it is nice to see headmins are no-nonsense about this kind of stuff. What's more is they were transparent about what happened internally, effectively delivering on their promise of making things more transparent. Stingily shuffling a reputation point over to Mothblocks for how they handled it.
In my experience, headmins have always been quite fast to crack down on any genuine violation of the admin code of conduct. Those rules are not hard to follow, since they're 90% "Don't give yourself any benefits and don't touch anything you're involved with IC"
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #639201

Well, I must say, I am really impressed by Jorti, it is well and truly rare to find a jannie dethroned by a user report, and over a ban appeal no less!
His ability to correlate all the available evidence to him to draw a conclusive picture of what has happened and to bolster his arguments, is unparalleled. It is all the more blessed, that he not only succeeded with his appeal, but it also lead to an abusive admin being caught for their first time and promptly stripped of their rank. So much for admiral "awesome", really makes you wonder who gives themselves such a name.
Once again, my most heartfelt congratulations on the resounding success of this appeal. If you ever wish to join the BONERMASTER & Associates network, it would well and truly be an honor to count an astute master of the law amongst our ranks.

With warmest regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #639207

To put a sensitive matter short, we had discovered that Admiral_awesome130 had, partially unbeknownst to Jortymorty, involved himself with a matter that had directly involved him as a player, leading to the admin placing a secret note on Jortymorty, which would've been impossible for them to appeal. Because of this, we do not feel comfortable leaving the residue on the player. This investigation lead to the admin being removed for misconduct.
“involved himself with a matter that had directly involved him as a player”
what the fuck does this mean
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #639213

cacogen wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:47 am
To put a sensitive matter short, we had discovered that Admiral_awesome130 had, partially unbeknownst to Jortymorty, involved himself with a matter that had directly involved him as a player, leading to the admin placing a secret note on Jortymorty, which would've been impossible for them to appeal. Because of this, we do not feel comfortable leaving the residue on the player. This investigation lead to the admin being removed for misconduct.
“involved himself with a matter that had directly involved him as a player”
what the fuck does this mean
One example would be something like getting killed by a player, turning admin back on, and then taking a ticket involving that same player.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
jortsandshirts
Byond Username: Jortymorty

Post by jortsandshirts » #639216

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:49 am
cybersaber101 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:27 am guess it concluded, neat. Although saying "demoted" is strange, demoted to what exactly? But they've been demoted to a player looking in discord.
An alternative phrasing would be deadminned. They've been demoted out of adminship.
02:39:30 SAY Jortymorty/(Gene Parmesean) (DEAD) "Are you that dumb you don't think that makes you look like a deadmin candidate?" (139, 105, 2) Starboard Primary Hallway
02:41:18 ADMIN DSAY: Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) "I'm an admin because I've been playing on this server since like 2012 and got a dumb ban from like... 2013? And then nothing else on my record since."

I mean, if anybody can claim they called it..

That's all the smug I will throw at this. I don't know if I'm supposed to still do an admin complaint for a reason or anything. I assume it's ok to post in this peanut now that the thing is resolved?
Thanks for the support to those who gave it. I appreciate being given the benefit of the doubt by the majority of you. I feel bad this even had to be a headache for the headmins.
I'm not sure if there's a statute on appealing bans and notes but I would like to add that there was another person in this thread, Bobama who got shat on by Admiral in a somewhat similar fashion with the completely overboard ban
followed by a still unjust ban but now you have to be grateful for it. I think if you've had this admin note/ban you then you should look to see if it's worth appealing for sure. Don't need to be unjustly judged by his taint.

I once saw an episode of Criminal Minds so I'm an expert in this stuff. He's repeated the same behavior of a sociopath acting with malevolence feigning benevolence. I'm not trying to cause further headaches but if you see a boss, spouse, admin, friend or anybody else being shitty to you but turning it around that you should be grateful they didn't do worse or claim they were going easy on you by being a shitty shitterson when you didn't have it coming in the first place and now you've made it worse then that's something you need to shut that down. If you don't then they'll just keep doing it to the next person. Quit the job or get the boss shitcanned, leave that spouse and don't look back, fight for your right to party, defriend that friend or smack that stranger that's doing it in the mouth. Don't let them keep getting their jollies like such.

Thanks for the peanuts, I appreciate you
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #639217

Screenshot_20220430-131417.png
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #639228

jortsandshirts wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:11 am
-snip-
I don't know if I'm supposed to still do an admin complaint for a reason or anything.
-snip-
You can’t admin complaint someone who is not an admin (they are no longer an admin).
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #639230

What a way to go, wild
Hugs
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #639232

jortsandshirts wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:11 am
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:49 am
02:39:30 SAY Jortymorty/(Gene Parmesean) (DEAD) "Are you that dumb you don't think that makes you look like a deadmin candidate?" (139, 105, 2) Starboard Primary Hallway
02:41:18 ADMIN DSAY: Admiral_awesome130/(Stephanie Holmes) "I'm an admin because I've been playing on this server since like 2012 and got a dumb ban from like... 2013? And then nothing else on my record since."

I mean, if anybody can claim they called it..

That's all the smug I will throw at this. I don't know if I'm supposed to still do an admin complaint for a reason or anything. I assume it's ok to post in this peanut now that the thing is resolved?
Thanks for the support to those who gave it. I appreciate being given the benefit of the doubt by the majority of you. I feel bad this even had to be a headache for the headmins.
I'm not sure if there's a statute on appealing bans and notes but I would like to add that there was another person in this thread, Bobama who got shat on by Admiral in a somewhat similar fashion with the completely overboard ban
followed by a still unjust ban but now you have to be grateful for it. I think if you've had this admin note/ban you then you should look to see if it's worth appealing for sure. Don't need to be unjustly judged by his taint.

I once saw an episode of Criminal Minds so I'm an expert in this stuff. He's repeated the same behavior of a sociopath acting with malevolence feigning benevolence. I'm not trying to cause further headaches but if you see a boss, spouse, admin, friend or anybody else being shitty to you but turning it around that you should be grateful they didn't do worse or claim they were going easy on you by being a shitty shitterson when you didn't have it coming in the first place and now you've made it worse then that's something you need to shut that down. If you don't then they'll just keep doing it to the next person. Quit the job or get the boss shitcanned, leave that spouse and don't look back, fight for your right to party, defriend that friend or smack that stranger that's doing it in the mouth. Don't let them keep getting their jollies like such.

Thanks for the peanuts, I appreciate you
Can i PM you if i need to make an appeal? Your autism is of a most sublime strain, and i want it on my side when the time comes
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #639235

If every appeal I see gets 5,000 words I'm going to get worse judgement
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Annihilite111

Post by Annihilite111 » #639242

Mothblocks wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:49 pm If every appeal I see gets 5,000 words I'm going to get worse judgement
you WILL read the essay
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #639263

Mothblocks wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:49 pm If every appeal I see gets 5,000 words I'm going to get worse judgement
I know you're just partially joking but I feel like had I not shown that I was more than the idiot who runs around the station yelling "COOK MAN BAD ATE MY CABBIGE" then who knows how this would have went? I mean sure if I trimmed the vulgarity the posts would basically be "Dear No-Longer-an-Adminiral, No u".
Their replies in the ban appeal itself sucked butt through a silly straw. Hell, I was even downright apologetic for even appealing in the first place. What bothered me more than my actual personal bans was how they lost the damned plot to this game. How does the idea of a station of incompetents just trying to exist and carry out their various duties escape someone who has been playing since 2012? Seems silly.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #639264

jortsandshirts wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:33 am
I know you're just partially joking but I feel like had I not shown that I was more than the idiot who runs around the station yelling "COOK MAN BAD ATE MY CABBIGE" then who knows how this would have went? I mean sure if I trimmed the vulgarity the posts would basically be "Dear No-Longer-an-Adminiral, No u".
Their replies in the ban appeal itself sucked butt through a silly straw. Hell, I was even downright apologetic for even appealing in the first place. What bothered me more than my actual personal bans was how they lost the damned plot to this game. How does the idea of a station of incompetents just trying to exist and carry out their various duties escape someone who has been playing since 2012? Seems silly.

For real though. If you didn't put effort in could you 100% say things would turn out the same way.

While one side of me says it's just a spaceman game literally who cares, the other says don't put yourself in a position to get stepped on.
Hugs
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #639291

Annihilite111 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:12 pm I once saw an episode of Criminal Minds so I'm an expert in this stuff. He's repeated the same behavior of a sociopath acting with malevolence feigning benevolence.
I've seen this sort of thing from Stickymayhem as well. Is Machiavellianism a predictor for becoming an admin?
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #639351

Misdoubtful wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:42 am

For real though. If you didn't put effort in could you 100% say things would turn out the same way.

While one side of me says it's just a spaceman game literally who cares, the other says don't put yourself in a position to get stepped on.
In the topic of stepping on. There's times when it's alright to fold them as Kenny Rogers says and then there's a time when you ought not to. I said it prior if you don't for yourself then do it for someone else because certain types of behavior are easy to spot that are purely predatory. Knowing Bobama had a similar experience gives me an idea that this ain't just an aberration but that there's spacemen in this game who he Admiral_fuckstick also went after. He said it himself, hell bragged about it when threatening me. I wonder who that is and if they got justice?

Back to the not being stepped on though. Yeah, there's shitty behavior from a person and then there is shitty behavior from someone with a psychotic predatory personality that masturbates to The Prince. I understand as well that this is a 2D spaceman game but on the flipside imagine not being able to enjoy a 2D spaceman game because a sociopath used a 2D spaceman game as their own personal warehouse of people to exploit to fulfill their grotesque urges. Nobody would look twice right? It's a 2D spaceman game. Nah, you don't take this shit from people here or in real life or they're going to keep doing it. You don't work for or allow bosses to keep their jobs who do this. You don't date people who act like this or stand by when they treat their partner like such and so on. World is FULL of assholes sure I won't argue that but call me the leading proctologist on this side of the internet when I can tell an asshole from a a psycho.

If you've read this and were given a shitty hand or had a bad run with Admiral_Awesome130 then don't take it at face value that you got what you deserved. I'll have your back if you're legit. Look for me next time on this peanut when I'm doing a follow-up because he continued the grudge as a normal spaceman if he didn't leave the community in shame.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #639358

Hugs threw you a bone and you still had to go the extra mile to make yourself look bad. No one here is a "sociopath," acting on "grotesque urges," or a "psycho." An admin on a "2D spaceman game" fucked up and got deadminned and the story ends there.
[this space reserved]
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #639371

Pandarsenic wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:43 am
NoxVS wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:42 am Then don't mess around with supermatters?
I agree with you on a lot of stuff but I tend to prefer if, short of outright malicious troublemaking, players are free to implement their bad ideas and then try to figure out solutions when these ideas are disastrous in utterly predictable ways or to just stare in silent awe as they go wrong in dramatically unpredictable ways. Even on HRP servers, people are expected to (within reason) have exceptionally bad ideas that results in *BWOINK* "Okay hindsight is 20/20 but the idea seemed fine at the time." It is good, proper, and normal for Nanotrasen's Finest to engage in OSHA noncompliance nightmares driven by curiosity, vanity, one-upmanship, ignorance or outright stupidity, greed, envy, petty vengefulness, etc. - to demonstrate what can only be described as a dwarven level of disregard for reasons that can only really be described as "I didn't think that far ahead."

Best take I’ve read in a hot minute, not snipping it because you should read it twice.
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #639394

wesoda25 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:12 am Hugs threw you a bone and you still had to go the extra mile to make yourself look bad. No one here is a "sociopath," acting on "grotesque urges," or a "psycho." An admin on a "2D spaceman game" fucked up and got deadminned and the story ends there.
No, they're undeniably acting like such. I mean the interaction is not IC it's communication between two human beings in regards to a 2D Spaceman game yeah, but we're not 2D spacemen when it's outside of that. He's not roleplaying when he's sending bwoinks, are you slow? If someone acts with maliciousness and expects you to be grateful for it while outlining it in a threat that they could do much worse and that seems normal to you then perhaps it's time you stepped away from the PC. You do know human beings are not supposed to act like that, yeah? Given that Bobama piped up and it turned out to be nearly the same MO I'd say that yeah, that qualifies.

Yes, I'm a human being and he's a human being communicating and it just so happens to be in one of the OOC means of communication available. Again I ask do you think he was roleplaying or something? It wouldn't matter if this was a video game, customer service for a 1900 number line, or sass delivered by carrier pigeon. If you communicate like that then you're not right upstairs in a bad way. Cacogen got it right on the nose and I'm pretty sure he's not the only one who would raise an eyebrow. Now had someone said that within the 2D spaceman game in the IC sense then yeah sure, shit whatever. Hell even OOC banter I suppose is grey area. That's not what this was. This was formal (Loosely used) communication and one from a position of authority over another, regardless again of the source. If you read it and it doesn't disturb you a bit then what's going on?
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #639426

Dude being a bad admin doesn’t make you a bad person in the same way that breaking the rules/being a shitter doesn’t. If you believe they do then you have attached far too much weight to this silly game and should do a better job at holding it at arms length.
[this space reserved]
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #639440

wesoda25 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:16 pm Dude being a bad admin doesn’t make you a bad person in the same way that breaking the rules/being a shitter doesn’t. If you believe they do then you have attached far too much weight to this silly game and should do a better job at holding it at arms length.
While I agree with this statement, to be completely fair, it's very easy to assume an admin is a bad person when you've only ever interacted with them at their worst.
Unless you actually spend some time in the community outside of the game/roleplay itself there's a good chance you're only ever going to talk to admins when they're playing the game as well (Which means you probably won't even recognize them) or when they're bwoinking you, and if you're getting bwoinked you're probably not going to see them in a good light.

You're right that none of the bad admins are bad people though, it's just this player/admin perspective that gives the illusion they are. Except for Sticky, Sticky is a certified villain.
Annihilite111

Post by Annihilite111 » #639441

cacogen wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:17 pm
Annihilite111 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:12 pm I once saw an episode of Criminal Minds so I'm an expert in this stuff. He's repeated the same behavior of a sociopath acting with malevolence feigning benevolence.
I've seen this sort of thing from Stickymayhem as well. Is Machiavellianism a predictor for becoming an admin?
Was gaslighting me about the content of my own post supposed to be a demonstration of Machiavellianism?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #639446

Annihilite111 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:48 pm
Was gaslighting me about the content of my own post supposed to be a demonstration of Machiavellianism?
Vote for me as headmin and I'll explain Machiavellianism to you
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #639449

Remember when I appealed so hard it deadminned someone.
Annihilite111

Post by Annihilite111 » #639452

Stickymayhem wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:03 pm
Annihilite111 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:48 pm
Vote for me as headmin and I'll explain Machiavellianism to you
I dunno dude i already read 1984. I'm pretty sure i know my stuff.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #639456

Tearling wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:43 pm
wesoda25 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:16 pm Dude being a bad admin doesn’t make you a bad person in the same way that breaking the rules/being a shitter doesn’t. If you believe they do then you have attached far too much weight to this silly game and should do a better job at holding it at arms length.
While I agree with this statement, to be completely fair, it's very easy to assume an admin is a bad person when you've only ever interacted with them at their worst.
Unless you actually spend some time in the community outside of the game/roleplay itself there's a good chance you're only ever going to talk to admins when they're playing the game as well (Which means you probably won't even recognize them) or when they're bwoinking you, and if you're getting bwoinked you're probably not going to see them in a good light.

You're right that none of the bad admins are bad people though, it's just this player/admin perspective that gives the illusion they are. Except for Sticky, Sticky is a certified villain.
That’s a reason to dislike an admin, not call them a sociopath or predator.
[this space reserved]
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #639476

Yeah this got kinda weird. I was just poking fun at the dynamics of extremes with how much effort is sometimes needed for blips in our lifes, how some might get militant about it, and how there is a happy medium to be struck right that doesn't end up feeling like a righteous crusade.
Hugs
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #639479

wesoda25 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:12 am No one here is a "sociopath," acting on "grotesque urges," or a "psycho."
Bad take
Example:
-Rshoe
-Wsock
-Shezza
-anyone who has ever erpd
-all of the current ban evaders
- the person whose ckey starts with I (he layed off the drugs, removed himself from the community and got better, that's why I'm not naming him, but he literally cyber stalked 2 people)
-probably forgot some (insert here)
All of these apply to one of the criteria above in some way
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #639482

I hope i didn't summon the shezza web crawlers by saying shezza
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #639486

wesoda25 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:31 pm
Tearling wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:43 pm

That’s a reason to dislike an admin, not call them a sociopath or predator.
:roll: The behavior shoe fits then it must be worn. I mean myself and another spaceman having similar issues with this non-admin? Seems a bit crazy they're so coincidental with motif they were going for I guess. Again, it's not as if they were roleplaying or something. Would you still disagree if this was a phone call and they did it? I like how you're dumb in thinking because it's text communication that's attached to a game but not actively part of what the game is gets a pass. If an admin was stalking the children that wander into this community and gave them a bwoink in game to flirt with them then that's not bad behavior? To give your head a shake remove it from your ass. You're wrong in that the means negate the reality.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #639488

jortsandshirts wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:58 pm

In the topic of stepping on. There's times when it's alright to fold them as Kenny Rogers says and then there's a time when you ought not to. I said it prior if you don't for yourself then do it for someone else because certain types of behavior are easy to spot that are purely predatory. Knowing Bobama had a similar experience gives me an idea that this ain't just an aberration but that there's spacemen in this game who he Admiral_fuckstick also went after. He said it himself, hell bragged about it when threatening me. I wonder who that is and if they got justice?

Back to the not being stepped on though. Yeah, there's shitty behavior from a person and then there is shitty behavior from someone with a psychotic predatory personality that masturbates to The Prince. I understand as well that this is a 2D spaceman game but on the flipside imagine not being able to enjoy a 2D spaceman game because a sociopath used a 2D spaceman game as their own personal warehouse of people to exploit to fulfill their grotesque urges. Nobody would look twice right? It's a 2D spaceman game. Nah, you don't take this shit from people here or in real life or they're going to keep doing it. You don't work for or allow bosses to keep their jobs who do this. You don't date people who act like this or stand by when they treat their partner like such and so on. World is FULL of assholes sure I won't argue that but call me the leading proctologist on this side of the internet when I can tell an asshole from a a psycho.

If you've read this and were given a shitty hand or had a bad run with Admiral_Awesome130 then don't take it at face value that you got what you deserved. I'll have your back if you're legit. Look for me next time on this peanut when I'm doing a follow-up because he continued the grudge as a normal spaceman if he didn't leave the community in shame.
Your posts look like something a person suffering from histrionic personality disorder would write. I recommend immediate hardcore CBT.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #639492

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:35 pm
jortsandshirts wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:58 pm

Your posts look like something a person suffering from histrionic personality disorder would write. I recommend immediate hardcore CBT.
There's a reason he wears Jorts you know...
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #639493

Timonk wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:08 pm I hope i didn't summon the shezza web crawlers by saying shezza
I am pretty sure they monitor everything that happens even if you don't say the name
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #639496

Iunno if it's been brought up, but if you're gonna ban someone for 6 months, just permaban them. Like, seriously, that's practically as harsh a ban, and the ban is usually appealed somewhere between 6 to 12 months if they ever intend to come back. It is extremely absurd to ban someone for more than 1 month without it elevating to perma, or 3 months for a role ban.
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #639525

NecromancerAnne wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:12 pm Iunno if it's been brought up, but if you're gonna ban someone for 6 months, just permaban them. Like, seriously, that's practically as harsh a ban, and the ban is usually appealed somewhere between 6 to 12 months if they ever intend to come back. It is extremely absurd to ban someone for more than 1 month without it elevating to perma, or 3 months for a role ban.
If you know the ban reason is shit either way, you might as well ban them for 6 months if you know an appeal for a perma would get them unbanned.
They might have been banking on the fact that there are players that, when banned, don't care enough to appeal to get back into a spaceman game, when there are other servers to choose from.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #639543

Tearling wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:07 pm If you know the ban reason is shit either way, you might as well ban them for 6 months if you know an appeal for a perma would get them unbanned.
They might have been banking on the fact that there are players that, when banned, don't care enough to appeal to get back into a spaceman game, when there are other servers to choose from.
It's not impossible. Bans like this and the resulting investigation might show that they ended up targetting other people as well. An unfortunate part of abuse of power is that it undermines literally every administrative decision you make. This is why you don't fucking do it in the first place because you're a volunteer role and you have a responsibility to know when and how you are overstepping your bounds.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #639544

An unfortunate part????????
[this space reserved]
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #639545

wesoda25 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:57 am An unfortunate part????????
It's unfortunate because it might mean more work for other people to unravel this mess if it comes to light that other bans made by the admin are potentially orchestrated acts of abuse. Depending on whether anyone comes forward at least.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #639546

Yea anne you could also have sympathy for those who experienced said abuse but ok poor mods
[this space reserved]
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #639547

Check discord btw
[this space reserved]
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #639549

Actually one thing I will say on the parting words of the appeal. I actually think the whole admin ban appeal/admin complaint system is fucking flawed as hell. Know that if this was separated into an appeal AND a complaint on separate cases of misconduct this might have been potentially dismissed, because that kind of behaviour was usually derided behind the scenes. It was seen as being a complainer over the ban. It's not an intuitive process either, since a systematic targeting from an admin like this would probably mean that any administrative action from them would potentially be connected to the subject of the appeal.

I think this stems from "if you appealed a ban/note you can't use that as the subject of a complaint" even if that would mean accumulating bans is the safer option so you can make a complaint about it if you think you're being unfairly treated. This whole thing needs re-evaluation.