cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Talk about video games here
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Re: cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Post by tedward1337 » #64167

Bottom post of the previous page:

Wyzack wrote:All over the place, but they are disable by default due to being pretty buggy. If you have not seen any you have probably not enabled them
Was it static spawns for NPC? I did turn it on.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #64168

Wyzack wrote:Does new england really suck this much? It rains every fucking day
Yes. New England has a shitty climate.

It rains all the time and if the winter isn't cold enough for a year or two in a row you get a swamp climate.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #64197

Static NPCs adds ones to the starting shelter, Random NPCs is a seperate setting that makes random chucklefucks try to stab you for your can of beans
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #64441

BORED AT WORK, POST ABOUT ROGUELIKES

Last night I discovered that you can apparently use escrima with a screwdriver.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #64444

I got bored with my badass cyborg lizardman biker, so i dropped him naked into a new and far more difficult world. So far i managed to escape town with some clothes, a sewing kit and some disninfectant, in all not a bad run. Hordes are nasty though, i am gonna need to learn wilderness survival shit to make it out here.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #64483

Naked lizards fit in the wilderness, no worries.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #64573

Well I found a good formula for survival, try to get Melee up to level 7 and you'll be good enough to defend yourself to a decent extent in melee while carrying a backpack and rucksack filled to the brim. Recently found a bionic that allows me to walk through walls. Just need to get more storage to use it, speaking of which how the fuck does your survivor do chest implants with these things? Should die from opening their own chest and guts open if they tried that, devs should had made it hyper realism by going to a hospital or doctors office and use a machine to install it.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #64575

Read the wiki on CBMs: they're automated surgery kits. You should probably need a doctor attending while you prep those for auto-execution on your mortal coil, but that's a post-apocalyptic luxury.
Hence the potential for horrific side effects.

Removing them does require medical supplies and something sufficiently sharp. It also has a rather high chance of rather nasty failure.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #64577

Oh, I figure every time you had to install it it looked somewhere along the lines of this.
[youtube]4lxnXQ9ml44[/youtube]
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #64633

The walking through walls CBM is sweet, if you can get your hands on a stethoscope you can probability tunnel into banks and get some sweet rare tech by cracking the safes
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #65054

Well I did my first shameful scum save, accidentally jumped down stairs into lava. Reason being I found a LMG and supped it up with so many mods it costed little under $80,000, yeah I have to be by a fence, table or what ever to fire it but god dam when a shot lands it's always a 1 hit kill. I walk around the city in broad day light just shooting zombies through cars. It has no dispersion and 23 recoil.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #65087

You jumped into lava because you have a modded LMG?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #65135

Sorry let me rephrase that, I scum saved because I didn't want to lose a heavily weapon that could 1 hit anything I point it at.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #65303

God DAMN roadblock turrets. It's been said before and I'm sure it'll be said again, but holy fuck they are such bullshit.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #65313

I imagine there is no elegant and efficient way to disable those.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #65316

Not unless you consider a rocket launcher "elegant".
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #65319

Killing them from beyond their range with a decent rifle is the best choice. Works for milspec turrets too
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #65320

There is a simple, Freudian beauty in launchers...

...and a simple, Badassian beauty in snipers.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #65325

The biggest problem is that you usually don't notice them until you're within their range, because your visual range and their attack range are only a couple squares apart (in my experience).
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #65330

Auto-safemode should help.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #65417

This is my most powerful character I've ever made, back in 0.A. While I did get close to this again in 0.B I can't be bothered to spend so much time to do all this again, though it isn't at all difficult to reach this.

Stats:
http://i.imgur.com/gSv46xw.png
Inventory:
http://i.imgur.com/qdnfxSo.png
Bionics:
http://i.imgur.com/4DeF8HC.png
Car:
http://i.imgur.com/lXKfsrY.png

Mind you, I used to play with skill rust on but it got so absurdly annoying later when I had to keep a few dozen books with me and I had played for so long that I just turned it off. Using memory storage bionic to help would drain my internal battery pretty much instantly.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #65425

Yeah skill rust is retarded. Also i did not know skills could increase that high
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #65444

How do you find diesel, at gas stations?
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #65457

srifenbyxp wrote:How do you find diesel, at gas stations?
Yes, there is less diesel pumps, compared to gas pumps
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Big Faggot
Byond Username: Floof5467

Post by Big Faggot » #65469

srifenbyxp wrote:How do you find diesel, at gas stations?
i can hook u up with some diesel u catch my drift
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #65472

Wyzack wrote:Yeah skill rust is retarded. Also i did not know skills could increase that high
Only recently figured you can turn it off.

Also, for all I know stats can go up to 20, skills have no upper limit I am aware of.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #65597

WJohnston wrote:All those bionics
Jesus Hell there's no room for your body any more
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #65627

Install every possible bionic. You'll be short two, three activation keys.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Redblaze3000
Byond Username: Redblaze3000

Post by Redblaze3000 » #65654

I finally found a setup that works. The sheltered start with regular survivor is setup i've survived the longest so far. Made it to day 4 before the game crashed due to lag and i forgot to save ;_;. Now all the worlds I make have no lmoes which drives me crazy.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #65669

I have survived for a really long time on my lizard biker, so i plopped into another new world with harder conditions and am building my own wilderness compound. It is directly between a few large cities with a decent wilderness buffer on all sides, and is going to be centered around a random barricaded cabin in the woods i found that was not marked on the map. I am going to build a moat around the whole thing and log palisaids to keep Zed out. My only hope is that some chucklefuck NPC will not toss a molotov and burn the damn thing down.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #65864

That is why you brickwall as soon as you can.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #65894

Not a bad idea, i will look into getting a brick kiln. I just feel like a badass lizard lumberjack when i cut down trees to build these massive walls. Anyone know a good source of nails? If i burn down a house with molotovs will i be able to scavenge them from the wreckage?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #65895

You can build forts?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #65896

Yeah man, level that construction skill. You can even make rebar reinforced concrete if you can be assed to gather the massive amount of materials you will need
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #78503

my highest level character is basically an octopus at this point

lucked out and spawned near a LMOE shelter

now i drive around my scooter running over zombies and trying not to get one-shot by tankbots and burning fungal spires to the ground
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #78549

Tankbots you have to sneak up to and melee to death at night, or rifle-potshot from behind cover and a LOOONG distance away.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #78698

yeah but i turn around a corner and come face to face with them all the time.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #78702

I'd like to be a chimera, go around stomping people.
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #78750

Isn't Chimera the live-fast-die-young of mutations?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #78763

One of these days I have to build a character who isn't shit at throwing, because making a bunch of pointy sticks early on and hurling them into zombies is really fun. Just not very effective.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #78799

i find it's quite effective to throw bowling balls at zombies
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #78813

Anyone else here >operate?

>Become US Marshal lizardman from the old guard
>Get mission to go kill a bunch of bandits all by my lonesome
>They are really fucking far away, other side of a river with no bridges
>Load up the motorbike, don leather trenchcoat and XL gasmask to hide my mutations
>Park next to river, load up my gear. Few molotovs, silenced tacticool MP5 and a sniper rifle
>Inflate boat in the river, cross dat shit
>Lizardman IR showing tons of shit in the water
>One starts beelining for my boat
>Fucking zombie shark takes a massive bite
>Spam 9mm at him from my MP5 until he dies
>Make landfall
>Operate over to the enemy base
>Guards out front
>Bust a head with my rifle
>Few unwashed bandit shitters run towards me
>Pick of a few, drop the rifle to unshoulder my MP5 and mow down the rest
>Move room to room in the base killing bandits left and right
>Open a door, not cautious enough
>Nearly die to burst fire
>Back out, use my cybernetics to light the tent on fire
>Fucker runs out right into my baseball bat face first
>Patch up the bleeding, salvage anything worth taking, burn down the rest
>Ride back the triumphant victor

This game is going to be so fucking great when it has a better questing system, this was easily the most fun thing i have ever done. Also crossing water on inflatable boats is incredibly shitty, don't ever do it unless you have no choice
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #78831

Those nortrop grumman robot tanks set everything in city on fire, soon i will not have anything to loot.
How am i suppossd to defeat death machine? It has flamethrower, tazer, machinegun, 120 mm rapecannon and thick armour. Also it is smart enough to drive away from emp grenades, I throw in this thing. And it gets u out of your vision range with its advanced optics.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #78858

Wyzack, that's called SHADOWSCALE HARD.

Qwert, you approach at night with a big-ass scoped rifle.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #78917

Talking about it has made me want to play again, but I always end up getting bored when I hit endgame. Any tips for keeping it fresh?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #78936

Not from me, I've never gotten even remotely close enough.

Well, sure, you could try starting over...

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Mastigos

Post by Mastigos » #78953

Sometimes I like to spawn in Shia Lebeouf and try and escape or kill him. Makes me think of this song every time.

Hornygranny wrote: i was wrong
Paprika wrote:Saegrimr is right.
#NEVERFORGET
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #79252

I tried the Mall Cop mode, and the first time I tried it the game couldn't find a "mall" terrain and so it dumped me in the middle of the woods where I was shortly devoured by wolves.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #79298

> Not tazing the wolves for disturbing your quaint woodland mall
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #79301

I HAD NO BATTERIES

Though my second attempt was much more successful. Had a crazy bitch with a bow try to kick me out of my mall. Taze, apply baton. Then, later, as I ventured outside, another psychotic woman tries to chase me off. Taze, apply baseball bat liberally. She was carrying so many homemade explosives it was absurd.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #79307

Cataclysm DDA: Grey Tide Simulator 2015.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: