Killing People For Killing Damn Pets

Lord Sexual Waffle

Killing People For Killing Damn Pets

Post by Lord Sexual Waffle » #64790

Bottom post of the previous page:

Let me kill people for killing my damn pets. This new rule is bullshit. Allowing me to kill peeps for it makes shit more interesting anyway.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: Killing People For Killing Damn Pets

Post by Incomptinence » #65154

So if only antags can (presumably) kill the pets and not get banned will they be used as an antag test? Will antags cherish killing them maybe seeking to do so often enough the chase remains common putting us back to square one and the antagonist who actually needs the meat is back to trying to break into fort fox with the small dog appreciation society howling for their blood?

The walking barking forbidden fruit.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #65184

That's like saying that someome killing another player without beong banned can be used as an antag test.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #65218

Let's just make the damn pets unkillable already.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #65220

Why not buff their health so they can survive more than two punches?
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #65228

Could do that, give them 100 hp rather than 20 which most of them seem to have.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #65251

An0n3 wrote:Killing pets is no longer valid to immediately murder someone on the spot for. This was changed in the hopes that people would stop doing it, as it no longer sparks the manhunt and momentary feeling of being an antagonist on the run that people were killing the pet in the first place to achieve. Originally the hope was that people would eventually get tired of doing it and it would peter out. As we can plainly see after years of watching it still happen ever since pets were first added, that's not the case at all. People will continue to do it if it means they get to thumb their nose and run around until they get killed forever and always.
The thing is, I don't think people kill pets for the "manhunt and momentary feeling of being an antagonist on the run". I'm pretty sure most people who do it, do it because they can, because they think it's funny to piss people off. Same goes for WGW, come to think of it.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #65481

peoplearestrange wrote:Could do that, give them 100 hp rather than 20 which most of them seem to have.
Also make them fight back.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #65487

I think Poly already does. Ian definitely should. And Runtime, well...why the fuck not.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #65498

Ikky HG and myself talked briefly about this today. I'm in favor of making it a rule 1 violation to repeatedly kill people's pets or possessed animals roaming the station FNR.
HG would prefer to make it a 5 minute brig sentence.
Ikky approves a both.

Since we're sort of at a stalemate we'll go likely go with the current setup which is what HG suggested. Killing pets doesn't make them valid for murder but it is a crime worth a five minute brig timer.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Pennwick

Post by Pennwick » #65616

5 minutes seems FAR too weak to even be a deterrent to something that is effectively greytiding.

(Personally now that killing them is banned I've formed a little plan of locking Ian murderers in that little chunk of main near the HoP office. Strip them, build some windows so I can watch them. Toss in wish soup if they complain about being hungry. If they keep complaining I may toss in a glass of nutriment mixed with Cryptoblin. Every now ant then I'd fire some disabler beams though the glass. Possibly chuck a few glass shards inside to further limit their walking space. Start referring to them as Ian 2. Give them a chocolate bar, add poison beforehand. If they behave well they get to be taken to the shuttle as Ian 2. If not I drag the original Ians corpse and leave them during evac.)
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #65655

Pennwick wrote:5 minutes seems FAR too weak to even be a deterrent to something that is effectively greytiding.

(Personally now that killing them is banned I've formed a little plan of locking Ian murderers in that little chunk of main near the HoP office. Strip them, build some windows so I can watch them. Toss in wish soup if they complain about being hungry. If they keep complaining I may toss in a glass of nutriment mixed with Cryptoblin. Every now ant then I'd fire some disabler beams though the glass. Possibly chuck a few glass shards inside to further limit their walking space. Start referring to them as Ian 2. Give them a chocolate bar, add poison beforehand. If they behave well they get to be taken to the shuttle as Ian 2. If not I drag the original Ians corpse and leave them during evac.)
BWOINK!

(No, but really, I almost got banned a year or so ago for doing this exact thing.)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Lord Sexual Waffle

Post by Lord Sexual Waffle » #65672

I'd rather it go to allowing the owner and ONLY the owner to kill someone for killing his pet
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #65680

An0n3 wrote:Ikky HG and myself talked briefly about this today. I'm in favor of making it a rule 1 violation to repeatedly kill people's pets or possessed animals roaming the station FNR.
HG would prefer to make it a 5 minute brig sentence.
Ikky approves a both.

Since we're sort of at a stalemate we'll go likely go with the current setup which is what HG suggested. Killing pets doesn't make them valid for murder but it is a crime worth a five minute brig timer.
this still doesnt solve the issue of banbaiters getting away scot free after this short period of time in which killing petkillers is bannable
if the rule is overturned in this way, then i suggest that the people who banbaited and got other people banned for killing them should have bans placed on them instead
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
miggles

Post by miggles » #65689

rule one
exploiting the rules to get other people banned on purpose is being a massive dick
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #65740

Who has been banned for killing someone who killed their pet?

If this actually happened already I missed it completely.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
miggles

Post by miggles » #65748

i was under the impression that Lord Sexual Waffle was
Lord Sexual Waffle

Post by Lord Sexual Waffle » #65755

An0n3 wrote:Who has been banned for killing someone who killed their pet?

If this actually happened already I missed it completely.
I have been banned for this
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #65761

Was this before or after the wiki was updated? Was it removed or expired?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Lord Sexual Waffle

Post by Lord Sexual Waffle » #65852

My ban has expired now, I'm not sure when the wiki was updated, but I was originally banned on late saturday
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #66293

Someone steps on my mouse I been dragging around all round, I Will wreck their shit. This is the crux of the matter. A five minute brig timer is TRIVIAL and spitting in the face of the pet owners, because the punishment does not fit the crime. Some little douchebag now gets to shit all over people and their little joy, and the owners are expected to take it and 'trust in security' yet again?

Nope. Nope nope nope.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #66298

Gamarr wrote:Someone steps on my mouse I been dragging around all round, I Will wreck their shit.
Because the life of an NPC the spawns in maint is more important that a player
Because a scavenging vermin is more important than a crewmember aboard a fucking plasma research facility
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #66299

Why do people still think that punishment is a binary choice between "They get away scott free" or "KILL THEM AND GIB THE BODY!"?

Just throw them in the brig for 5-10 minutes or beat the tar out of them. Just because you can't get your valids doesn't mean they have to go unpunished.

Ya, maybe killing your pet would be regarded as a decent IC reason to murder someone, but don't bitch when you get thrown in perma for murder.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #66328

Cecily wrote:Because the life of an NPC the spawns in maint is more important that a player
Because a scavenging vermin is more important than a crewmember aboard a fucking plasma research facility

Whoa, who said killing? And yes, when that person goes out of his way to do this (I've seen people do 180s in the hall after passing a pet, go back, just to step on/kick someones pet to death), then why would/should you care about said person? Killing is too far imo, but there are multitude of ways to degrade and futz with people other than straight out killing. As much as it is rightly deserved sometimes.

Now, it might get to killing, but then the whole awful thing would not have been instigated if someone didn't want to be a douchebag, would it?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #66401

It's really just the fact that someone is obviously putting in the effort to disrupt someone else's fun because they can.

There's no benefit to killing someone else's pet. Unless we're talking about slimes or you're a traitor with a "steal this meat" objective, there's no actual reason to do it aside from "I want to make that person mad."

Why should we encourage or condone people and behaviors intended to just make other people mad?

Once upon a time I suggested a shock collar for simple mobs. Except it's not a shock collar that zaps the pet when they cross a fence or something, but a shock collar that fries anyone who runs up and punches, kicks, bludgeons, whatever the animal with it equipped. Getting one of those from R&D, putting it on Ian, and then taking him on a walk around the station to see who gets fragged for being an asshole would be fun for once.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #66503

Waaaahhh
Sum 1 kilt muh speshul snoflek pet that doesn't ebin have simple command like slime
Totaly valid amirite?! xDDD :D their being dick tryin ruin my fun
I should kill them/try get them bannu to ruin their fun >:^) l33t troll xXgriffdaddyXx

I've had my in-game pets killed before. It never occurred to me to kill them because they did it. Instead, I RP'd being disgusted and started humiliating them over comms for being a pet killer. They kinda just ran away in shame. Maybe it's just me, but I'm sure that this is just a shitty way for people to be dicks to other people for fun. This is banbaiting. Not killing Ian, but actually pretending like it moved your character so much that you wanted to kill someone. Or even try to rule-lawyer into getting them banned because "they dik to me, kill my doge, rule 1 ban he plz".
miggles

Post by miggles » #66516

holy shit stop with the ad hom
you can make just as many epin maymays about petkillers as you can the validhunters who chase them
take this situation:
you are on a metal deathbox in space. you are at a constant risk of dying for an infinite number of reasons. you may or may not be a clone of your real self and not even know it. your employer is inhumanly horrible. there is a 50/50 chance that you are either psychotic or have severe PTSD due to the constant death of your coworkers and yourself.
but there's a dog. a really cute dog, owned by the head of personnel. you can see him when you get in line to change your ID, and he's always happy and oblivious to all the depressing happenings on the station. one of the few sources of morale among spacemen that isn't alcohol poisoning.
and then someone kills the dog.
you're trying to tell me any spaceman with a functioning human heart wouldn't be really pissed off about that? let alone the owner of the fucking dog. god knows his job sucks without having his little buddy to cheer him up.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #66525

That's a great meta-IC deliberation of why it would be acceptable to punish a player over. That's a great way to IC justify killing someone who killed your pet. But this isn't real life. No matter how much you describe it, there are so much more frustrating things in real life that if they were part of the game, you wouldn't play it. I'm sure you don't play Bay very often if you're posting here. There are a ton more realistic features there. But you wouldn't be allowed to kill a dog there because it's not reasonable IC. You would be brigged, even in real life for doing that.
Remember, behind that little sprite of that greyshirt is also a real person. They are more valuable than the nearly inanimate throwaway NPCs like Ian and Runtime. If you actually have to chose between the two, that's indicative of someone who secretly wants to ruin someone else's fun by overreacting to something so pathetic.
I'm also sorry that my shitty ironic memery raised your blood pressure, but that was just my way of describing a griefing pet killer and a banbaiter.
As to your first claim, I was speaking generally, so I'm not sure how I attacked anyone. Also, pointing out logical fallacies is actually ad hom. But even if I did, that'd be against the board rules. If someone were to take this personally, it's probably because they felt it was directed at them. Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about you until this post, Miggles.

But before this devolves into a competition of "name that fallacy" in order to detract(because pointing out fallacies to argue isn't a fallacy :^]) from another claim, all I'm trying to say is that if we want to go all IC about it, it should be a 8 minute brig sentence, but not a bannu and no beatings in my opinion.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #66534

In real life, if someone killed your dog, and you drove around, following them around town, and arrived at their house and killed them, you would be charged with murder.

If you killed someone while they were in the act of killing or harming your pet while they were on your property, this would probably be seen as an act of self or home defense. Then again, I live in glorious America.

Protecting your property (I.E. your pet) while it is within your department should be considered self defense other space law, and not an OOC issue.
/vg/station Head Admin
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #66579

BRB giving ian 10,000 HP and making Runtime tear your skin off when attacked
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #66581

"I like going out of my way to do things that take me an instant to achieve, serve no purpose but to annoy other players, and often can't be reversed without mad work or admin intervention"

"that's kinda dickish, maybe you shouldn't be doing that as a nonantag"

"LITERALLY HITLER CANCER THAT IS KILLING TGSTATION MUH FREEDOMS"

No matter what way you spin it, no matter how people dodge back and forth over what an appropriate IC action/reaction would be, it's still being a dick.
You know what the phrase "It's what my character would do" means when you use it to justify IC actions that OOCly piss people off? It means "I, the player, am a massive dick."
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #66590

Fragnostic wrote: Remember, behind that little sprite of that greyshirt is also a real person. They are more valuable than the nearly inanimate throwaway NPCs like Ian and Runtime. If you actually have to chose between the two, that's indicative of someone who secretly wants to ruin someone else's fun by overreacting to something so pathetic.
A real person thats laughing behind their acne ridden face as their greasy cheto covered fingers press the button that kills the cartoon dog, they're laughing because they know they're doing something that'll annoy people.

That person is a cunt.
Cunts only exist to get fucked.

Don't cry to the hug-box-mins because you got fucked for being a cunt.
Lord Sexual Waffle

Post by Lord Sexual Waffle » #66823

The old rule wasn't good and this new one is even worse. They need to change something about it since it just punishes victims of people being douches.