Floor Gun

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Floor Gun

Post by Archie700 » #658595

viewtopic.php?t=32936

Is this a ban request?
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Re: Floor Gun

Post by JusticeGoat » #658596

Local player upset he did not get his valid's and instead gets clowned on.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #658600

killing his own character is probably the best thing zyb has ever done while playing on a /tg/station server, to be fair.
edit: just a note here, zyb tends to play exclusively for his own benefit and then regularly throws a tantrum in ahelps when he loses. Sometimes the tantrum extends to the forums if he loses to the admins, too.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #658601

History aside, how does him shooting himself with the revolver change anything?
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #658605

Probably the part where he immediately tried to gun down the assistant with the revolver because it was thrown at him. Especially in a round with a christmas tree:
11:47:38 ADMIN Trexter555/(Kraven Lockharte) created a /obj/structure/flora/tree/pine/xmas/presents
The presence of the captain's laser AND reverse revolver are both excused by this.
Also:
12:44:12 SAY Blockaboo/(Alijah Prevatt) "N20 flood evac" (169, 69, 2) Departure Lounge
12:52:01 SAY SinfulBliss/(Braydon Warren) "why did you plasmaflood" (130, 112, 2) Robotics Lab
12:52:08 SAY SinfulBliss/(Braydon Warren) "n2o flood" (127, 115, 2) Robotics Lab
12:52:33 SAY SinfulBliss/(Braydon Warren) "why did you n2o flood" (129, 114, 2) Robotics Lab
12:52:41 SAY Zybwivcz/(Rocco Kepplinger) "I did not flood you moron"
SOMEONE n2o flooded escape, and Sinful seemed to have reason to believe it was the chief engineer. I assume Sinful will elaborate on this if he posts in the complaint thread; he tends to record his rounds and will have evidence to support his claims because of it.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #658609

I think both were dentheads honestly
Both were clearly waiting for each one to take the first move of killbaiting
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #658610

datorangebottle wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:23 am Probably the part where he immediately tried to gun down the assistant with the revolver because it was thrown at him. Especially in a round with a christmas tree
The man was antiaging by v trying to make someone kill themselves.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #658612

No one can tell whether they got both the captain's gun and reverse revolver from the tree inround because the gifts are by their very nature completely random.

And there is no way to tell the difference between a reverse revolver and the normal one until you shoot.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #658616

Archie700 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:02 am No one can tell whether they got both the captain's gun and reverse revolver from the tree inround because the gifts are by their very nature completely random.

And there is no way to tell the difference between a reverse revolver and the normal one until you shoot.
Yes, but the presence of the christmas tree makes it a lot less suspicious to have either of those items because they can both be generated by the tree and accessed easily. At worst he shoved someone else and took their gift.

Doesn't the reverse revolver have a funny description? Either way, he shouldn't have been immediately trying to blast the guy who threw it at him.

Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #658620

I think what Trexter's argument is, is that when you shot yourself, you expressed very clear intent to lethal the assistant, since the assistant very reasonably would have assumed you were shooting at them, not into space, and the only reason you did not ACTUALLY shoot them is because it was a bait reverse revolver.

You don't actually need to hit someone with a lethal projectile for them to also be allowed to respond with lethal force - if security starts shooting red lasers down the hall at you, you can fire lethals back at them.

So yes, you shooting yourself in this specific case did in fact make you valid to be killed by the assistant - you were, by your own admission, trying to kill them.

If you want to complain about their self-antagging or whatever, that is a separate discussion, and the assistant was indeed valid, but that doesn't make this a case of escalation policy being wrongfully ruled on.

This post is addressed to Zyb but I'm posting it here to avoid a potential peanut policy beaning.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #658622

After how Sinful responded I am now under no illusions that Trexter made the wrong call.
Sinful acted on information given by others to take Zyb down and Zyb just immediately went straight to murder instead of running away.
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #658627

skill issue
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #658628

Another facepalm ban request masked as an admin complaint. Cringing hard.

datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #658653

Standard zybwivcz moment.

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #658685

yes, I can't begin to tell you all how many times ive accidentally thrown my energy gun instead of shoot with it
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #658694

Is the complainer dumb or something? Ignoring everything else, if you shoot a guy who throws a gun at you, you've pretty much announced your intent to kill him. Even though the bullets critted the complainer instead, I see no problems with sinfulbliss finishing the job.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #658701

BeeSting12 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:54 am Is the complainer dumb
yes
Spoiler:

datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #658709

BeeSting12 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:54 am Is the complainer dumb or something?
Let's take a deeper look into Zybwivcz's history, shall we?
datorangebottle wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:42 am just a note here, zyb tends to play exclusively for his own benefit and then regularly throws a tantrum in ahelps when he loses. Sometimes the tantrum extends to the forums if he loses to the admins, too.
My first interaction with him was when he was a Thief, I was a Cyborg, and he got upset that I dunked him after he changed my laws to HOGAN. The admins ruled against him and he took it to policy discussion to try and get policy changed so they'd rule in his favor next time.
He then got in a lot of fights with a few sybil ex-admins. Notably, he failed to wordlessly arrest an engineer who was breaking into a room that had nothing in it, got absolutely demolished by the same engineer multiple times in one thread, and finally earned a sec permaban that he's still salty about to this day.
Saying, "Zybwivcz isn't the brightest bulb in the pack," is like saying, "Staring at the sun too long will blind you." It's obvious to everyone.

Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #658710

Now that I think about it some more, Zyb's just a validhunting shit and has no defense except "holding captain gun = antag".
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #658711

Don't forget about the Zyb Index, it's something that actually exists, and it can determine how much of a validhunting shit a player is.

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #658714

I love this scenario IC. It's pure SS13 magic.

In what other game can you throw a freakin' ACME reverse-gun at someone else and have them accidentally shoot their own brains out.

This complaint can be safely resolved by posting "lol" and locking it.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #658718

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:10 pmThis complaint can be safely resolved by posting "lol" and locking it.
Do it (or convince a headmin to do it) or no balls
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #658724

rule -1: it was funny so its ok
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #658725

It's crazy how often he keeps bringing that up. If Helplesscrane is even mentioned, Zyb immediately shows up and talks about how Lucy Cicero is a mastermind that carefully crafted a scenario in coordination with their amogus accomplice to trick a poor innocent admin into banning them. And then you look at the situation and it's literally just "the slightest inconvenience has presented itself I must immediately execute this prisoner"
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #658731

The line of thinking that led to him picking up the gun to try and two shot the guy who threw it at him is so real fucking psycho shit - and he's saying it like "Well of course ANYONE REASONABLE would think this."

"He threw a gun at me, so clearly it was an accident and he was trying to shoot me, so I'm going to double tap him as my first instinct"
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #658742

i'd like to also mention that

Code: Select all

So to put it all together, someone without access taking the hand teleporter from the teleporter room is valid.
is fucking stupid. if you immediately kill somebody because they take the hand teleporter/break into the bridge/armory/&c when there are more fun, rp-centric options available fuck you

when somebody talks like this you say "you're lame. this is lame. cut it out" and cite rule 10+12
Spoiler:

Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #658743

You don't understand the law needs thinly veiled deathsquads to enforce it.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #658744

Wait, he ahelped because he tried go kill someone with a revolver but ended up killing himself instead?!

Even if escalation did apply here, he's the one who escalated to lethals.

What a complete tit.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #658746

Scriptis wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:00 pm

So to put it all together, someone without access taking the hand teleporter from the teleporter room is valid.
is fucking stupid. if you immediately kill somebody because they take the hand teleporter/break into the bridge/armory/&c when there are more fun, rp-centric options available fuck you
>be clown
>ask AI for hand teleporter so i can do funny teleport pranks like teleporting assistants into the brig prison cells
>secoff sees me leaving with the hand teleporter
>instantly kills me
:honk: :honkman:

BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #658753

Scriptis wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:00 pm i'd like to also mention that

when somebody talks like this you say "you're lame. this is lame. cut it out" and cite rule 10+12
rule 1 precedent 5

"Players who attempt to break into the captain's office, head of personnel's office, or the bridge at or near roundstart for no legitimate reason put themselves at risk for being legitimately killed by the captain, heads of staff, or security."

I wouldn't kill someone for breaking into the teleporter room but I would for using it to get into the armory or captain's office especially near round start. Not because they're valid but because at that point they're clearly doing it to mess with security, not any type of RP reason. If they wanted the hand tele for legitimate purposes, they'd probably be exploring space or something.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #658755

BeeSting12 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:51 am blah blah blah
you're lame. this is lame. cut it out
Spoiler:

BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #658756

Scriptis wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:59 am
BeeSting12 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:51 am blah blah blah
you're lame. this is lame. cut it out
find a new gimmick besides breaking into high security areas. if i find traitor gear you unironically have a higher chance of survival because you were doing your job.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #658777

BeeSting12 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:02 am find a new gimmick besides breaking into high security areas. if i find traitor gear you unironically have a higher chance of survival because you were doing your job.
I don't believe you.
Then again, I trust the average heretic more than I trust the average security officer.

Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #658779

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:38 am
BeeSting12 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:02 am find a new gimmick besides breaking into high security areas. if i find traitor gear you unironically have a higher chance of survival because you were doing your job.
I don't believe you.
Then again, I trust the average heretic more than I trust the average security officer.
It's so fucked up that you are right
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #658780

In the old days you could have slime extract or a filled plasma tank as an objective.
Imagine shooting a person to death because they had grey slime extract
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #658795

NoxVS wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:14 pm
It's crazy how often he keeps bringing that up. If Helplesscrane is even mentioned, Zyb immediately shows up and talks about how Lucy Cicero is a mastermind that carefully crafted a scenario in coordination with their amogus accomplice to trick a poor innocent admin into banning them. And then you look at the situation and it's literally just "the slightest inconvenience has presented itself I must immediately execute this prisoner"
It's like that one meme with the borg going "oh no I have been e-magged, and right as i finished mixing this lethal and explosive gas combination. oh, woe is me that i will be forced to kill the innocent humans of the station. -can i kill 'em? kill 'em? lemme kill? do i kill 'em?"

I don't have it on hand but you know the one I mean.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #658797

I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #658802

Archie700 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:57 am In the old days you could have slime extract or a filled plasma tank as an objective.
Imagine shooting a person to death because they had grey slime extract
technically legal under spess law but dick move tbh
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #658805

I’m convinced everyone wants to shoot everyone to death wordlessly.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #658853

Zybwivcz wrote: There is literally no way to determine where if anywhere a reverse revolver was pointed at when it fired except by looking through the logs. There is literally no way you could have known I decided to "turn it" anywhere, only that I fired it.
Zyb, on his way to admit he was trying to kill someone but also demand that they not know he was trying to kill them despite the complete lack of anything else nearby that would logically be worth shooting at: :honk: :honkman:
► Show Spoiler
The more I read from this thread, the more I'm convinced that everyone else on the board is playing Chess, while Zyb is playing checkers with half the pieces missing. Because he ate them.

Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #658860

You threw it(instead of dropping it) at me without saying anything. When the assistant with the captain's laser runs up to you and wordlessly throws a .357 at you, the reasonable assumption is not "hey, free gun", it's "the assistant with the captain's laser and a .357 tried to shoot me but accidentally threw the gun instead".
Now that I think more about it, what.
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #658884

there are now, once again, more words in zyb's appeal than everything he's said ingame for the past 3 months
Spoiler:

CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #658899

Also if it wasn't a reverse revolver, you can get .357's from Gatfruit, so it doesn't mean anything anyway.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #658910

Epicgamer545 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:38 pm I’m convinced everyone wants to shoot everyone to death wordlessly.
not true, I want to monologue first
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕