Appeals which have been closed.
im1snell

[Antonkr] Im1snell - Thread Title changed to fit formatting

Post by im1snell » #644

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Im1snell, Keenin Garrow
Banning admin: Antonkr
Ban reason and length:Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone):2014-04-17 (10:57:50)
Your side of the story: I got killed and was borged and I went to the chapel where I saw the lings killing a player name Vincent (which was a Security Officer). So, an engineer named Mitchell absorbed Vincent, so I remembered the names and waited until they left the chapel so I wouldn't have a mess load.. So I waited for them to split up which they did, and I arrested them one-by-one. I saw "Vincent" going to unperma them. so I shoot him.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe I should be unbanned because all I was doing was following proto-call, after I brigged the names I had to go so I suicided and left. Then I was banned.
I told the HoS that they were ling and he said, "ok"
BornToHonk
Byond Username: BornToHonk

Re: Perm. Banned

Post by BornToHonk » #647

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
Spoiler:
"he's a ling, it's okay, it's valid"

Unless they have a visible armblade, visily transform or other humans can verify that the person is a changeling, it's not okay. (or you catch them regenerating/see their probscis)

Next time you should turn on your sec-huds (since you're a secborg) and check if your "vincent" (secofficer) was implanted.

Things you did wrong:

"I went to the chapel where I saw the lings killing a player name Vincent (which was a Security Officer)."

You were a bystander to the event, did not help the human (causing human harm directly by doing that).

" So, an engineer named Mitchell absorbed Vincent, so I remembered the names and waited until they left the chapel so I wouldn't have a mess load.. So I waited for them to split up which they did, and I arrested them one-by-one."

Did you mention this to the AI? Did you have your sechuds on to confirm/disconfirm if vincent was implanted?

Did you KILL vincent? It only says you shot him, assuming sec-borg taser...

I'm going to take a wild guess here that you "saw something" during the timeframe of you being killed to when you got actually borged
Please do not post in Administrative Action threads where you are not directly involved.
im1snell

Post by im1snell » #657

1.) he was dead, they were over-killng him.
2.) I did not play borg before and Admin-helped how , which they did not answer.
3.) He was not infact implanted, and they cremated him so I knew it wasn't him.
4.) I did NOT KILL Vincent. I perma'd him.
BornToHonk wrote:"he's a ling, it's okay, it's valid"
Unless they have a visible armblade, visily transform or other humans can verify that the person is a changeling, it's not okay. (or you catch them regenerating/see their probscis)
Next time you should turn on your sec-huds (since you're a secborg) and check if your "vincent" (secofficer) was implanted.
Things you did wrong:
"I went to the chapel where I saw the lings killing a player name Vincent (which was a Security Officer)."
You were a bystander to the event, did not help the human (causing human harm directly by doing that).
" So, an engineer named Mitchell absorbed Vincent, so I remembered the names and waited until they left the chapel so I wouldn't have a mess load.. So I waited for them to split up which they did, and I arrested them one-by-one."
Did you mention this to the AI? Did you have your sechuds on to confirm/disconfirm if vincent was implanted?
Did you KILL vincent? It only says you shot him, assuming sec-borg taser...

I'm going to take a wild guess here that you "saw something" during the timeframe of you being killed to when you got actually borged
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #664

I was one of the lings in question here.

Nobody was in visible range of us murdering the crap of out of Vincent in the Chaplain's office. We made doubly sure of this. The fact that you told the HoS you 'had a spy' reeks of shit and frankly you deserve this. You had no EVIDENCE, and I mean HARD EVIDENCE that Vincent was absorbed, nor did it appear you had evidence he was dead in the first place either. :>
im1snell

Post by im1snell » #668

A "spy"? I did not say those words. I saw in plain site. the chapel was darkened except for the office in which you murdered Vincent
Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #669

im1snell wrote:A "spy"? I did not say those words. I saw in plain site. the chapel was darkened except for the office in which you murdered Vincent
You said to the HoS while I stood RIGHT THERE in Perma that you were informed by a 'spy'. I wish I kept the log, now, but I figured it was unnecessary with the admins looking into it.

My guess is metagaming and you trying to cover your ass now that you're banned for being a shitler.
im1snell

Post by im1snell » #670

Lol, I was informed by watching the RD, Mitchell, the chaplain, and another murder one security officer with arm blades. I saw it. I have no recollection of saying "spy". And Because I brigged a Ling I am a "Shitler"? I dont even talk/help anyone in the game, and thats a known fact :p
Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #671

Whatever you say, buddy.

If possible, can an admin pull the logs of the round? Specifically, his borg and the word 'spy'. It should come up.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #673

[10:41:50]SAY: Keenin/Im1Snell : they all killed Vicent in the chapel. I was told by a spy
Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #688

elyina wrote:[10:41:50]SAY: Keenin/Im1Snell : they all killed Vicent in the chapel. I was told by a spy
Thank you. That's exactly the line I was talking about.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #706

I smell metagaming.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #723

cultist-chan wrote:*snip
Read the sticky.

I deleted one of the other guys posts by accident. Sorry.
Braincake
Byond Username: Braincake

Post by Braincake » #754

I remember this; was one of the lings. Antonkr messaged me about possibly being the spy, but I was mostly busy with objectives and only tangentially helped the other lings out a bit.

Here is a screenshot of the post-round report: if I remember correctly, lings Kappa, Omicron and Lambda were all permabrigged by the borg, one of whom (forgot which one precisely) on rather flimsy grounds. I was also hiding nearby when they massacred the officer and saw no borg, but it was dark so I can't fully guarantee this. Might also be worth mentioning that at least one of the permabrigged lings revealed his identity in lingchat.

The other two lings, Theta and Rho, were teaming it up in Medbay to kill the CMO and some Geneticist, which ended up going pretty well. Cooperation was pretty good, so I wouldn't know who might've been the spy, if any.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #767

I was away from the forums/game for a few.
I think it's pretty much clear cut that unless you had someone IC telling you about all of this, (in which case I expect names), then the "spy" was information obtained ooc.

Denied until actual evidence can be given for where you got the information about them.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.