Character Rating Thread (psychosis edition)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Character Rating Thread (psychosis edition)

Post by Chadley » #682528

Hello! Hi! Hey!

I read the other thread and thought. Y'know what's COOLER than just a name? Your CHARACTER!!

*pulls you over*

Woah, pal! Do you know how fast you were going? I'm gonna need to see some ID, name, static, and character information, please.

*clicks pen*

So tell me a little about yourself.What's your backstory? How'd you get hired at Nanotrasen? What do you work as?

*SLAMS TABLE*

ANSWER ME DAMNIT?! You sick fuck. You're going away for a long long time.

*GASP*

Guys... Kenniban died and I never got my anti-psychotics. I didn't say anything weird, did I?
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: Character Rating Thread (psychosis edition)

Post by datorangebottle » #682542

Yea, you said you were going to give me a million dollars, then signed a contract.
It was pretty based, honestly.

Anyway, I'll treat this thread seriously and give you some names to rate. Name, [race], (gimmick(if applicable)). Rate as many as you'd like.

Anne Taggart [human]
Mike Harr [human]
Lam Pl'Ighter [Moth] (Duffel assistant, speaks in broken english and likes to build things. Always has a spear on her back unless she's using it.)
Sierra Uniform Golf Mike Alpha [Borg]
Whiskey Echo November Delta Echo Zulu [AI]
Evades-the-Taxes [Lizard] (Played only in cargo, as a greedy penny pincher lizard.)
Dies-during-Startup [Lizard] (Played only in engineering, as someone horribly afraid of the engine/major projects.)
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #682545

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:27 am Yea, you said you were going to give me a million dollars, then signed a contract.
It was pretty based, honestly.

Anyway, I'll treat this thread seriously and give you some names to rate. Name, [race], (gimmick(if applicable)). Rate as many as you'd like.

Anne Taggart [human]
Mike Harr [human]
Lam Pl'Ighter [Moth] (Duffel assistant, speaks in broken english and likes to build things. Always has a spear on her back unless she's using it.)
Sierra Uniform Golf Mike Alpha [Borg]
Whiskey Echo November Delta Echo Zulu [AI]
Evades-the-Taxes [Lizard] (Played only in cargo, as a greedy penny pincher lizard.)
Dies-during-Startup [Lizard] (Played only in engineering, as someone horribly afraid of the engine/major projects.)
GuH! That doesn't sound like me... I need my meds man.... How about I just rate them all instead... If you got a static too I'll rerate them!

Lam Pl'Ighter I remember seeing this moth before. I really like the idea, they're cute, I always kind of expect her to talk like argonian, slow and meaningful. 9/10. One of my favorite moths. V cute.

WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

Evades-the-Taxes. Cargo makes sense, I'd love to see his lawyer arc. *nod *nod. Please make him sue the HoP and make Loads-of-Money. 8/10

Dies-during-Startup. Hm.... Who hired you for this role? This seems like a wild miscalculation if you're an engineer. I'll put in a note to CentCom about a new position. reasignment/10

Anne Taggart. Makes me think of the queen of hearts. I don't know how I feel about that. Taggart is a confusing name for me, but I really like Anne. 6.75/10

Mike Harr. I'm not feeling this one quite honestly. Harr doesn't roll of my tongue well. I think there are other last names that could be SUPER COOL!! 5/10
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #682552

Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am Lam Pl'Ighter I remember seeing this moth before. I really like the idea, they're cute, I always kind of expect her to talk like argonian, slow and meaningful. 9/10. One of my favorite moths. V cute.
Yea, that's sort of how I meant it. Speaking ponderously and slowly because she not speak good. Glad you like!
WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

lmao that's going in my signature.
Evades-the-Taxes. Cargo makes sense, I'd love to see his lawyer arc. *nod *nod. Please make him sue the HoP and make Loads-of-Money. 8/10
If only lawyer was taken more seriously...
Dies-during-Startup. Hm.... Who hired you for this role? This seems like a wild miscalculation if you're an engineer. I'll put in a note to CentCom about a new position. reasignment/10
Honestly I think I came up with this one when I didn't have a lot of time to play and just wanted to play SS13 for a bit. I may have "accidentally" dusted myself on the crystal right as it was being turned on.
Anne Taggart. Makes me think of the queen of hearts. I don't know how I feel about that. Taggart is a confusing name for me, but I really like Anne. 6.75/10

Mike Harr. I'm not feeling this one quite honestly. Harr doesn't roll of my tongue well. I think there are other last names that could be SUPER COOL!! 5/10
Say Anne Tagg out loud. (I added the 'art' to not get naming policy'd, though I could change it to Anna Tagg or something to make it more obvious).
Mike Harr is the same sort of sound joke. Very fun when I get an atv/mech, because I like to make references to the song that inspired his name when I get those.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #682558

Fuck you and your puns.

I could've sworn I left that bottle somewhere...

► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #682630

I'm double dipping on the rating threads because I am greedy.

Ryuko Tachibana, Human. Doesn't speak Common very well (portrayed as speaking "In a particularly complicated and formal manner at all times, and often possessing misunderstanding about specific words") but is largely fairly intelligent. Wide array of skills and knowledge, though social skills is not in there. Seems very edgy on the outside, surprisingly wholesome and friendly if you break through the shell.

Morgan Iskandi, Human. Roboticist extraordinaire, with a focus on 'Ripperdoc' work (Cybernetics, implants and augmentations). Equally skilled in all other areas of Robotics as well. Competent Medbay Personnel due to Robotics Surgery Experience. Gigantic videogame nerd and general Goober. Unironic Chuunibyou (Sometimes). Notorious coward, avoids all fights unless absolutely necessary, even choosing to flee once War Ops arrive, instead of fighting.

Riley Bailey, Felinid. Roboticist Extraordinaire, with a focus on mechs (which she doesn't build without reason, don't worry) and Silicon Maintenance. Self-described "Robo-mom", sees every cyborg and AI as her own child, because she either built them, or is looking after them usually. Morgan's childhood best friend and fellow game enjoyer/general goober. Canonical sufferer of Permanent-tier Split Personality (the other personality is Also Herself. It's a long story.)
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #682647

Lord Sport Shooter Gavin XBIV and Permille Silcrow Interrobang
I can't believe Gavin was given the BASKET out of BALL rating thats so fked up
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #682652

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:19 pm I'm double dipping on the rating threads because I am greedy.

Ryuko Tachibana, Human. Doesn't speak Common very well (portrayed as speaking "In a particularly complicated and formal manner at all times, and often possessing misunderstanding about specific words") but is largely fairly intelligent. Wide array of skills and knowledge, though social skills is not in there. Seems very edgy on the outside, surprisingly wholesome and friendly if you break through the shell.

Morgan Iskandi, Human. Roboticist extraordinaire, with a focus on 'Ripperdoc' work (Cybernetics, implants and augmentations). Equally skilled in all other areas of Robotics as well. Competent Medbay Personnel due to Robotics Surgery Experience. Gigantic videogame nerd and general Goober. Unironic Chuunibyou (Sometimes). Notorious coward, avoids all fights unless absolutely necessary, even choosing to flee once War Ops arrive, instead of fighting.

Riley Bailey, Felinid. Roboticist Extraordinaire, with a focus on mechs (which she doesn't build without reason, don't worry) and Silicon Maintenance. Self-described "Robo-mom", sees every cyborg and AI as her own child, because she either built them, or is looking after them usually. Morgan's childhood best friend and fellow game enjoyer/general goober. Canonical sufferer of Permanent-tier Split Personality (the other personality is Also Herself. It's a long story.)
*nod *nod. Very interesting. very very interesting...

Ryuko, fun name, a little on the nose but I like it. I like socially awkward geniuses, but I'd have to see how you portray it. *nod *nod. Otherwise, gotta give it a solid 6.5/10

Morgan, an amazing name. Kick ass name. Sounds pretty bitch made. Please give me illegal implants. And please post your static. ?/10

Riley, cat............ Robo-parents are based. If you've convinced a malf-ai to not kill you that's brownie points. Split personality is based to choose for a quirk. 9/10
► Show Spoiler
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #682653

Armhulen wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:01 pm Lord Sport Shooter Gavin XBIV and Permille Silcrow Interrobang
I can't believe Gavin was given the BASKET out of BALL rating thats so fked up
Lord Gavin, if XBIV isn't how many championship rings he has, then I'm not interested. If it is, amazing character. Shrodningers 10/10. (0 if it's random, 10 if it's championship rings)

Permille Silcrow Interrobang, ditch the first name, Silcrow Interrobang is a phenomenal name. Requires amputation/10.
► Show Spoiler
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #682656

Double dip!
Johnny Golden: Chilled out dude-bro with a side hobby of beurocracy. Typically assistant, cargo pants, rocks a golden ponytail with a geranium in it.
Brock Fisher: Old man, with a respect for the youngsters. Typically chaplain, followers robes and broken man beard.
respect (let him do his thing)
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #682665

kinnebian wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:04 pm Double dip!
Johnny Golden: Chilled out dude-bro with a side hobby of beurocracy. Typically assistant, cargo pants, rocks a golden ponytail with a geranium in it.
Brock Fisher: Old man, with a respect for the youngsters. Typically chaplain, followers robes and broken man beard.
Ponytails are weird IMO, but you know what isn't BEING A DUDE BRO NAMED GOLDEN? That's CASH AS HELL!! I readjust my previous solid 7 to a GOLDEN 9.5!!

Brock Fisher. Brock threw me off at first until I realized being a chaplain makes you Father Fisher which sounds amazing, I can imagine him now. *nod *nod. I very much like this character idea. /tg/ forum players are fun. 8.75/10
► Show Spoiler
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #682669

Maia Roentgen the human. Shes a radioactive bimbo that is usually found in sec or engie. She's fairly quick to anger when she doesn't get her way and is very susceptible to any psychedelic substances. So she breathes BZ from atmos very often
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #682676

Hell yeah I'll take any opportunity to gay lore dump:

Vex Petunia-Licht: (Human) Jaded and quick to piss off command representative, originally a doctor. Grew up as an adopted son of a member of the sol gov military. Used to work security in his early 20's, but quickly fell into bad health because of a rare genetic condition. On top of getting yanked into a diet knock off blood cult didn't have many years left to live because of said genetic condition. Changed professions to medical work, and after events :tm: got married, was freed from the clutches of the cult, and had his condition handled.

William Thrush: (Felinid) Said member of the sol gov military. Is incomprehensibly Scottish. Calls mice "moice", will prioritize any mice he comes across above ANYTHING else (yes this has gotten me killed before). Is a "kick their ass first and ask questions later" seccie. Was originally a human, but due to being exposed to radiation with no protection ended up a cat.
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #682751

EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:18 pm Maia Roentgen the human. Shes a radioactive bimbo that is usually found in sec or engie. She's fairly quick to anger when she doesn't get her way and is very susceptible to any psychedelic substances. So she breathes BZ from atmos very often
An engineer huffing BZ is pretty metal. I like the idea of an engineering employee synthesizing gases just to huff them. Chemist druggies have nothing on that. Big ups. I like your PFP too, wubli did a really good job. 9/10
► Show Spoiler
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #682752

Goddamnit. My thread was stolen. Well, no surgical sawing my way out of this one.

Drag posted here so I am morally obligated (help I’m being held at pulse point) to post JOHN HOWARD LORE.

Seriously, I really, really hate John Howard. Not only because is he named after the Australian prime minister (god save the king) because I don’t play anyone else (except for the silly robots). My brain fails to break free from this curse of John Howard and it’s beginning to drive me into a pit of doubt.

John Howard is a human stationed mostly on Space Station 13’s Engineering team. While they are assigned to Engineering they can somehow end up in different positions such as service and cargo. John grew up in Canada, where he had a nice time working as a delivering worker before actually attempting to get a degree (unlike many others). On mars, they found a relatively good education system and got a Degree in Electrical Engineering. However, there were no corporations (other than Nanotrasen), to actually give them a job. Sadly he was forced into a contract that he signed, and was selected, like many others, to go to a station in the middle of Spinward.

John now lives life in Spinward, in New Moscow, in a apartment building even after being offered a living center at Central Command. He is known to be social unlike his fellow stationmates, preferring to negotiate over fighting over something, and managed to get his way with his charisma. However when things go wrong, he chooses preservation over sanity, grabbing whatever he can find (most likely a surgical saw) to find a way out. John works at CentCom part-time as a Commander Of Mundane Operations, ensuring that the station is aware that they aren’t the only one in Spinward that has a life to fulfill. Why? There’s is no clue, even with rumors floating about. There’s been present talk about John Howard’s boss, Vex Licht, looking and micromanaging over John’s shoulder even after his promotion, and Jeremy Star, while rather obscure, seems to ruin John over on a day to day basis. To get away from Central Command politics and his rank, he frequents the station as a normal crewmember. Overall, a dastardly average guy.

Good luck with reading all of THAT.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #682754

Drag wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:29 pm Hell yeah I'll take any opportunity to gay lore dump:

Vex Petunia-Licht: (Human) Jaded and quick to piss off command representative, originally a doctor. Grew up as an adopted son of a member of the sol gov military. Used to work security in his early 20's, but quickly fell into bad health because of a rare genetic condition. On top of getting yanked into a diet knock off blood cult didn't have many years left to live because of said genetic condition. Changed professions to medical work, and after events :tm: got married, was freed from the clutches of the cult, and had his condition handled.

William Thrush: (Felinid) Said member of the sol gov military. Is incomprehensibly Scottish. Calls mice "moice", will prioritize any mice he comes across above ANYTHING else (yes this has gotten me killed before). Is a "kick their ass first and ask questions later" seccie. Was originally a human, but due to being exposed to radiation with no protection ended up a cat.
Vex, gay as HELL!! Very cute that they're conically married. There must be a lucky speccmen out there. This makes me really want a incurable condition quirk that has pills keeping them alive, if they don't take it their condition worsens. Hmmmm. Coding time. 9/10, it's a 10 if you start using this quirk.

William, I think the mouse thing is a little silly. I'd like to see the arc where you start hunting down Interdyne syndies and absolutely glowing their shit up. I'll rerate this when you come back with 20 Interdyne burn notices. 7/10
► Show Spoiler
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #682755

Dr. Glenn Pierce is a Vice-Admiral and the Deputy Director (Clinical) for CentCom's Medical Directorate.

His first job with Nanotrasen was aboard spacestation 4, where he was a doctor (having studied Medicine at the university of New Fitzrovia on Mars). He found that he was better at administration than patient care, so it wasn't long until he was promoted to the CMO aboard that station. After a disaster aboard spacestation 9 which involved [REDACTED], he was chosen to be the HoP on the new station.

Finally, just a couple of years ago he was selected to be a Vice Admiral in Centcom.
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #682773

Epicgamer545 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:58 pm Goddamnit. My thread was stolen. Well, no surgical sawing my way out of this one.

Drag posted here so I am morally obligated (help I’m being held at pulse point) to post JOHN HOWARD LORE.

Good luck with reading all of THAT.
I've always liked the prince archetype that acts like a commoner, I think you've made it even better by integrating your SS13 journey to admin. Very fun backstory, I like it a lot.

However, why be a Hufflepuff when you can be a Gryffindor. Be the main character that you CAN BE!!

6.5/10 for the character.

10/10 for the work you put into them.
► Show Spoiler
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #682800

Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:59 pm
Vex, gay as HELL!! Very cute that they're conically married. There must be a lucky speccmen out there. This makes me really want a incurable condition quirk that has pills keeping them alive, if they don't take it their condition worsens. Hmmmm. Coding time. 9/10, it's a 10 if you start using this quirk.
I forgor to mention, but Vex is incompatible with mindshields. When shielded he loses his ability to walk and speak at normal volume. Code THAT one 4 head
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #682831

WineAllWine wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:01 pm Dr. Glenn Pierce is a Vice-Admiral and the Deputy Director (Clinical) for CentCom's Medical Directorate.

His first job with Nanotrasen was aboard spacestation 4, where he was a doctor (having studied Medicine at the university of New Fitzrovia on Mars). He found that he was better at administration than patient care, so it wasn't long until he was promoted to the CMO aboard that station. After a disaster aboard spacestation 9 which involved [REDACTED], he was chosen to be the HoP on the new station.

Finally, just a couple of years ago he was selected to be a Vice Admiral in Centcom.
*salute HELLO RA!! Honored to meet such a distinguished individual. I'm a little confused why a doctor would go into an administrative job like HoP, but I like the timeline for the rest of their promotion. That's really cool. I really like the way Dr. Pierce sounds. Big ups for that. Otherwise, it's a pleasure to meet you! 8.5/10
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #682833

My chaacter is named platos syrup and was a food name before they were cool
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #682841

Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:43 pm Ryuko, fun name, a little on the nose but I like it. I like socially awkward geniuses, but I'd have to see how you portray it. *nod *nod. Otherwise, gotta give it a solid 6.5/10
The surname was inspired by a few favourite characters of mine to some degree, but both names were chosen primarily (or entirely, in the first name's case) because I just like how they sound. She's not designed after any existing characters, even if playing some games since I made her has revealed a small handful (2 so far) where I played the game and went "oh my god she's just Ryuko, fr fr on god" but overly-serious-and-formal-Detective-type is a fairly common trope, and every single one of them (despite existing before I made her) I only found out about by playing said games AFTER I made her. I portray it in the sense where she's not going to walk all over someone trying to do their job, but she'll offer advice for the most part, but will on occasion just express absolute confusion over the fact that someone doesn't know some obscure, highly technical thing. "Are you intending to inform me that you lacked knowledge of the explosive nature of liquid-N2O?" Has been known to solve cases better than the station's Detective while working non-Sec jobs on occasion.
Chadley wrote: Morgan, an amazing name. Kick ass name. Sounds pretty bitch made. Please give me illegal implants. And please post your static. ?/10
I booted up a Private just to get you what she looks like in her usual drip. Unfortunately I don't have art of her yet, but it's On The Way. But yeah. She'll give you implants, including illegal ones if you're nice to her, or threaten her. In fact, that's a safe bet in most cases. If she witnesses you do something antag related, just threaten her and she'll run away. Won't snitch either, because she'll think you'll come back for revenge. But if you DON'T threaten her, she may tell people what she saw. She won't fight you unless she has no other choice, though.
Chadley wrote: Riley, cat............ Robo-parents are based. If you've convinced a malf-ai to not kill you that's brownie points. Split personality is based to choose for a quirk. 9/10
She has managed to have a Malf AI go out of its way to protect her before. Both her and Morgan have, at minimum, also had others who opened the path to them to escape to Lavaland, since they weren't gonna be a threat. But one time she made it to an AI's core to try and negotiate with it. It made no attempt to kill her. But when someone tried to bomb it, the only thing it said was "Run." The split personality tends to manifest most as "This version of Riley is a pacifist and doesn't fight. This version of Riley is enough of a veteran of this shit that she forces her way in to take over when combat is necessary, to protect the other one." The two versions of her in her head see the other as a sister, and despite being The Same Person, are different enough that you can probably tell which one's which by talking to her.
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #682844

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:04 am
Chadley wrote: Morgan, an amazing name. Kick ass name. Sounds pretty bitch made. Please give me illegal implants. And please post your static. ?/10
I booted up a Private just to get you what she looks like in her usual drip. Unfortunately I don't have art of her yet, but it's On The Way. But yeah. She'll give you implants, including illegal ones if you're nice to her, or threaten her. In fact, that's a safe bet in most cases. If she witnesses you do something antag related, just threaten her and she'll run away. Won't snitch either, because she'll think you'll come back for revenge. But if you DON'T threaten her, she may tell people what she saw. She won't fight you unless she has no other choice, though.
*clap *clap. I like it quite a bit. 9.5/10
► Show Spoiler
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #682865

Lukas Beedell.

'luv HoS
'ate borgs simple as.

LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #682901

Mr. Chang or just Chang Moert.
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #682921

kieth4 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:06 am Lukas Beedell.

'luv HoS
'ate borgs simple as.

Lukas Beedell

'ased headmin character
'luv the design and attitude of this character.

I never know how to pronounce the last name, and you lose points for that. TOO BAD 11-1 IS STILL 10/10!
► Show Spoiler
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #682931

Garry Garryson.
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #682935

TheRex9001 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:36 pm Garry Garryson.
Lazy name, lazy post. No backstory, no info

No evidence. You get an XE.
► Show Spoiler
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #682936

Chadley wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:21 pm

I didnt read the rules…….
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #682937

TheRex9001 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:31 pm

Just this once... You can resubmit...
► Show Spoiler
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #683018

Chadley wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:32 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:31 pm

Just this once... You can resubmit...
I'll double up out of good faith,

Garry Garryson, a bartender at heart.
Heralding from a long linage of double names Garry was like his father and his fathers father named after the first baby to be spotted after his birth. Garry would go on to serve a short and relativly uneventful time in the TGMC on Sprout where he learnt more about Nanotrasen than back home on [INFORMATION PURGED]. Garry would go on to go get his bartending license after leaving the TGMC and would then get hired by Nanotrasen a few years later as they were frankly running low on bartenders. Garry has bright green hair, dyed so from his time on Sprout and is typically more talkative and when it comes to bartending he is always trying to experiment with something new. [AGENT INFORMATION] Will typically attempt more manipulative and sedatious tactics when it comes to murder.

Does-His-Job, a muscian who pushes crates.
Does-His-Job was born on the shores of Tirizia with his parents gifting him the name "Does-His-Job" as to better fit in with humans, he would however quickly gravitate towards music and got a small amount of fame in his coastal village until he was forced to get a job as minor fame doesnt really pay the bills. Having practically nothing to loose Does-His-Job was swept up by a Nanotrasen reqruitment wave and due to his more marketable and human name he was hired.....Despite not speaking any galactic common he still knows how to push crates so was hired as a cargo techie. He really dislikes violence and is a pacifist and Tirizian nationalist at heart, something which is often at odds with his culture. Despite this contradiction Does-His-Job continues to perform good enough as a cargo tech with him also occasionally dabbeling in cooking more lizard foods for the crew to enjoy (Which they most often don't)
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #683025

Avarice
art:
► Show Spoiler
flavor text: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wc4 ... _SA9WE/pub <- published google doc so it doesn't show u reading it (yippee!!)
what the fuck is she?: a MEKA medical-model "cyborg" (properly, a true robot, as there is no and has never been any involvement of organic matter in her, there's a posibrain inside of that shell)
MEKAs are an available skin of robots over on skyrat (no, they're NOT horny robots, and NO she doesnt have sex GODDAMN) which are 1.5 tiles tall and have a funky lookin spiked tail that looks kinda like a xenomorph tail

what's her backstory?
oh god dude
I have actual literal pages i'm not going to force everyone to read my fucking loreposting that i have over this character

TL;DR?
Artificial General Intelligence that came to sentience in 2498, worked as a terragov naval aux soldier in a mechanized infantry boarding division with a big gun for 12 years (there's art of her in her armor if u wanna see)
shit went south when pirates got uppity, got out of the military, drifted for a decade and a half, decided to do something with her life, got her surgical qualifications, went into the world of private medicine.
2557 she hears that NT's got some stupid little station out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere with next-to-no qualified people on it, thinks "damn that's a humanitarian crisis", signs on with them to do medical work, it's been 6 years since she joined, good doc who cares for her patients, etc.
9'3'', nearly all steel, doesn't like people trying to piggyback on her. Good listener, doesn't talk much about the old military service and so you really, really have to dig to find out about it.

she's the character I play the most nowadays since i admin here and play down on skyrat
Image <-- robot on a skateboard
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #683034

all my statics are 10/10
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #683069

oranges wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:28 am My chaacter is named platos syrup and was a food name before they were cool
Not a fruit. Not a food either. π/10
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #683207

Chadley wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:54 am
oranges wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:28 am My chaacter is named platos syrup and was a food name before they were cool
Not a fruit. Not a food either. π/10
plate of syrup
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #683430

CHADLEY CMON LETS SEE IT
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #683509

Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:42 am Hello! Hi! Hey!

I read the other thread and thought. Y'know what's COOLER than just a name? Your CHARACTER!!
Fuck yeah
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:42 am *pulls you over*

Woah, pal! Do you know how fast you were going? I'm gonna need to see some ID, name, static, and character information, please.

*clicks pen*
Oh, dear! I usually go half of the speed limit, but I must've gotten confused!
My name is Jill DeSouza. I'm 27 years old and just a regular Nanotrasen employee. Here-
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:42 am
So tell me a little about yourself.What's your backstory? How'd you get hired at Nanotrasen? What do you work as?

Let's see, to be fully frank... I am a medical doctor, right? But I only enrolled in medschool because of my family. They're all doctors, and very good ones. Especially my brother James. And they would've never accepted anything else but me following their path, although I'll never be as good as James in their eyes. I got hired a few years after I started my studies - they seemed a bit desperate to get students back then even though our knowledge is limited. Since then I've learned a lot, and I'm glad it got me away from school.
I don't hate the job at all, but I'm not a big fan of the mindless violence that forces me to patch people up even though they brought it upon themselves. There's nothing that brings me more joy than bringing people back to life, but I'll admit it's disheartening when they aren't thankful and will go die again immediately even though they could easily avoid it.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:42 am *SLAMS TABLE*

► Show Spoiler
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #683534

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:48 pm Avarice
art:
► Show Spoiler
flavor text: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wc4 ... _SA9WE/pub <- published google doc so it doesn't show u reading it (yippee!!)
what the fuck is she?: a MEKA medical-model "cyborg" (properly, a true robot, as there is no and has never been any involvement of organic matter in her, there's a posibrain inside of that shell)
MEKAs are an available skin of robots over on skyrat (no, they're NOT horny robots, and NO she doesnt have sex GODDAMN) which are 1.5 tiles tall and have a funky lookin spiked tail that looks kinda like a xenomorph tail

what's her backstory?
oh god dude
I have actual literal pages i'm not going to force everyone to read my fucking loreposting that i have over this character

TL;DR?
Artificial General Intelligence that came to sentience in 2498, worked as a terragov naval aux soldier in a mechanized infantry boarding division with a big gun for 12 years (there's art of her in her armor if u wanna see)
shit went south when pirates got uppity, got out of the military, drifted for a decade and a half, decided to do something with her life, got her surgical qualifications, went into the world of private medicine.
2557 she hears that NT's got some stupid little station out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere with next-to-no qualified people on it, thinks "damn that's a humanitarian crisis", signs on with them to do medical work, it's been 6 years since she joined, good doc who cares for her patients, etc.
9'3'', nearly all steel, doesn't like people trying to piggyback on her. Good listener, doesn't talk much about the old military service and so you really, really have to dig to find out about it.

she's the character I play the most nowadays since i admin here and play down on skyrat
Image <-- robot on a skateboard
I like the static, I like the look, and I like their backstory. I'm really confused about the transfer from the boarding party to medical. I suppose if people in their 30s can do it, so can people in their 90s. I'm glad that you were able to put in so much work to this character. Especially the description. AND A WHOLE EXTRA DOC? WOWZA!

Overall, gotta give it an 9.5 out of 10 for the creativity! Make the story more fluid for brownie points...
Last edited by Chadley on Mon May 01, 2023 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #683537

TheRex9001 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:34 pm
Garry Garryson, a bartender at heart.
Heralding from a long linage of double names Garry was like his father and his fathers father named after the first baby to be spotted after his birth. Garry would go on to serve a short and relativly uneventful time in the TGMC on Sprout where he learnt more about Nanotrasen than back home on [INFORMATION PURGED]. Garry would go on to go get his bartending license after leaving the TGMC and would then get hired by Nanotrasen a few years later as they were frankly running low on bartenders. Garry has bright green hair, dyed so from his time on Sprout and is typically more talkative and when it comes to bartending he is always trying to experiment with something new. [AGENT INFORMATION] Will typically attempt more manipulative and sedatious tactics when it comes to murder.

Does-His-Job, a muscian who pushes crates.
Does-His-Job was born on the shores of Tirizia with his parents gifting him the name "Does-His-Job" as to better fit in with humans, he would however quickly gravitate towards music and got a small amount of fame in his coastal village until he was forced to get a job as minor fame doesnt really pay the bills. Having practically nothing to loose Does-His-Job was swept up by a Nanotrasen reqruitment wave and due to his more marketable and human name he was hired.....Despite not speaking any galactic common he still knows how to push crates so was hired as a cargo techie. He really dislikes violence and is a pacifist and Tirizian nationalist at heart, something which is often at odds with his culture. Despite this contradiction Does-His-Job continues to perform good enough as a cargo tech with him also occasionally dabbeling in cooking more lizard foods for the crew to enjoy (Which they most often don't)
Hmmmm. Pasificim is coping with being UNROBUST. But I digress.

Garry, thank you for your service. o7. I'd love to see the experimental drink arc, or a way to set him apart from other barkeeps. I usually see a. makes 10000 drinks, or b. is uber nice. If you do something different than that, you're already a 8, if not you're a 6. So. 7+-2/10. If you did it right it's a 9.

Does-His-Job. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. Cargo techs don't get enough love. I'm glad he does his job. I'll need a little bit more story to make a full vote. So please tell me more. unsure/10.
► Show Spoiler
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #683539

wubli wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:45 pm
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:42 am Hello! Hi! Hey!

Fuck yeah

*clicks pen*
My name is Jill DeSouza. I'm 27 years old and just a regular Nanotrasen employee. Here-

Let's see, to be fully frank... I am a medical doctor, right? But I only enrolled in medschool because of my family. They're all doctors, and very good ones. Especially my brother James. And they would've never accepted anything else but me following their path, although I'll never be as good as James in their eyes. I got hired a few years after I started my studies - they seemed a bit desperate to get students back then even though our knowledge is limited. Since then I've learned a lot, and I'm glad it got me away from school.
I don't hate the job at all, but I'm not a big fan of the mindless violence that forces me to patch people up even though they brought it upon themselves. There's nothing that brings me more joy than bringing people back to life, but I'll admit it's disheartening when they aren't thankful and will go die again immediately even though they could easily avoid it.

► Show Spoiler
I'M SO EXCITED TO RESPOND TO THIS ONE. First thing I'm doing when I'm off work. Time to be a paint warrior.
► Show Spoiler
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #683542

what the fuck hell i gotta join
Last edited by kinnebian on Mon May 01, 2023 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #683549

*pulls you over*
► Show Spoiler
Is this a uhh... a uh.. mandatory thing?
I gotta go, I'm late for my.. meat.. butcher job application..
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #683561

kinnebian wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:07 pm
*pulls you over*
► Show Spoiler
Is this a uhh... a uh.. mandatory thing?
I gotta go, I'm late for my.. meat.. butcher job application..
*nods nods*

Yeah, of course. Hey... What's that in the back seat there..?

► Show Spoiler
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #683595

Chadley wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:48 pm I like the static, I like the look, and I like their backstory. I'm really confused about the transfer from the boarding party to medical. I suppose if people in their 30s can do it, so can people in their 90s. I'm glad that you were able to put in so much work to this character. Especially the description. AND A WHOLE EXTRA DOC? WOWZA!

Overall, gotta give it an 9.5 out of 10 for the creativity! Make the story more fluid for brownie points...
(psst: it's not fluid because I gave the summarized version - theres a more reasonable explanation but it takes longer to describe and half of it is just "she felt fuckin bad and wanted to help people" but in better writing)
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #683604

*clicks pen*
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
*jots down notes running your license*

Well. Everything looks in order, I can't complain there. Drive safe now.

► Show Spoiler
*finishes typing*

Well, I'm honored to make your acquaintance. You seem like a fine young woman. I'm sure that you'll go far and do great things. Thank you for your time. It takes a special kind to get into medical, don't let it break your stride. Everyone in healthcare says it's the worse but they love it deep down.

► Show Spoiler
*scowls making INTENSE EYE CONTACT*

You won't get away with this. This isn't the first or last time we've had this tango. Sooner or later you'll slip up. I can't pin you down for your contract with Interdyne yet, but sooner rather than later. I'll have you, you'll be gone a long time. And I'm going to sing my swan song to the jury, the judge, and the prosecution.

11/10, 10000/10. Thank you wubli. I love you. xoxoxo. Seeing my quinn avatar in your style makes me want to make a static that looks like it.
► Show Spoiler
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #683614

WineAllWine wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:01 pm Dr. Glenn Pierce is a Vice-Admiral and the Deputy Director (Clinical) for CentCom's Medical Directorate.

He hasn't even heard of the Department of Opposition. He certainly isn't involved in administrating it, thank you very much.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #683649

Chadley wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:17 am 11/10, 10000/10. Thank you wubli. I love you. xoxoxo. Seeing my quinn avatar in your style makes me want to make a static that looks like it.
:heart: :heart: :heart: hope to see you in-game sometime
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #683651

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:08 am
Chadley wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:48 pm I like the static, I like the look, and I like their backstory. I'm really confused about the transfer from the boarding party to medical. I suppose if people in their 30s can do it, so can people in their 90s. I'm glad that you were able to put in so much work to this character. Especially the description. AND A WHOLE EXTRA DOC? WOWZA!

(psst: it's not fluid because I gave the summarized version - theres a more reasonable explanation but it takes longer to describe and half of it is just "she felt fuckin bad and wanted to help people" but in better writing)
Healthcare workers are crazy. Checks out. Here is your extra point. 10.5/10
► Show Spoiler
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #683652

WineAllWine wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:09 am

He hasn't even heard of the Department of Opposition. He certainly isn't involved in administrating it, thank you very much.
IT WAS YOU!

IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG. WITH YOUR SLICK GREEN UNIFORM. YOU RUINED IT. YOU RUINED IT ALL!

ahem. +1

9.5/10
► Show Spoiler
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #683767

Ten thousand hours in Photoshop:

Eugine Adrian Hynes [Human]

They're somewhat cowardly and quick to voice their annoyances, but they mean well most of the time. They're loyal to a fault with their direct superior and department colleagues in work. They have a surprising ability always to miss the action, wherever it happens. They have numerous instances of delivering lasers only for the threat to have already been dealt with. Tries their hardest to keep freight moving, then gets yelled at about orders taking too long to deliver five seconds after they got ordered. They usually linger around the cargo bay most of the shift unless cargo is well staffed. Hates bounty cubes with a passion. Hates clankers with even more passion. Loves to deliver mail.

I always pictured them sounding like Otis from Half-Life Opposing Force and Blue Shift. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1pNAn-ID4s

Background:
Got hired as part of janitorial for the Goonstation branch, and served loyally for four months before being permabriged and transferred to the TGstation Manuel Division following the Jarate incident. They did time in TGstation min sec prisons before being released for good behavior. They pivoted back to Janitorial duty for some time before watching too much propaganda by Randolf P. Checkers, leading to them transferring to cargo.

Based on actual events:
Spoiler:
Started on GoonRP. I initially enjoyed it but quickly got bored since they have extremely limited antags. (Usually just vampire, thief, and archfiend) One of my last rounds on GoonRP was me throwing piss bottles at a Nanotrasen representative, since I was bored and not much happened on GoonRP. I pivoted to TG Manuel shortly afterward. I started TG by playing prisoner since I figured it'd be an excellent way to learn how to do stuff. After feeling like I got a grasp on things, I then started playing janitor. After a bit, of constantly having janiborgs clean everything, pivoted to Cargo Tech. Also, I didn't realize the name should have been spelled like Eugene and not Eugine, but it's far too late now.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit