r/OutOfTheLoop: The New Cratening

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

r/OutOfTheLoop: The New Cratening

Post by Fren256 » #688552

Bottom post of the previous page:

Hello fellow redditors, I'm out of the loop on a certain matter and I require your help. I wanna know what's the deal with PR #75785. Why is it so controversial? Why do you hate (or love) it? And why does the author feel they have been gaslit by their detractors? Only big chungus 100 wholesome keanu reeves answers please.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: r/OutOfTheLoop: The New Cratening

Post by Armhulen » #688636

Look at the posts above you. We're going into the MODERN ERA with a megaproject involving tons of coders and spriters working together. It's going to be yuger than yuge. It's going to make us look like we're a 30 dollar game on steam god dammit
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #688638

Jesus this clusterfuck is all anyone is talking about (not the sprites the topic).

The sprites are fine, yeah 'The wallening' is making a lot of people mad, but Orange has already said it's happening and he's not gonna stop it. The spriter isn't to blame, they are just working on something that's going to happen no matter what.

Should they be open to feedback? Only if it's constructive.

Anyway just wanted to say something before MSO locks this like he did with sprite-club.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #688639

Just wanted to say to anyone who is feeling gaslit, you are not crazy: these sprites are not really that good

(The trick to knowing if you dislike something just because it's new vs because it's bad, is to imagine if you already had that thing for years, and then it got changed to the thing it actually was for years- then you can see if you just liked it because it was familiar, or because it's actually better)
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #688644

Armhulen wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:35 pm Ok one more beautiful little wallening post

The bounce at the end looks more like it's lagging but otherwise this looks very cool
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #688645

Armhulen wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:33 pm
Unsane wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:22 pm I wish everything else have the same vibe and style with how the new crates styled
well thats the fuckin idea! Ignore the visual bug with the black void on this picture and you get an idea of where we're going

HONESTLY this is only happening because the crates came first. If the crate resprite was pr'd to the wallening branch (WHICH EXISTS) there wouldn't be an issue.

It's going to be very cool (and don't worry, you'll be able to see below the walls if you need to).
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #688646

TheFinalPotato wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:02 am to some extent it's a repeating cycle, we train devs to be aggressive as a defense mechanism, players respond, and it magnifies.
end up self selecting for people who can ignore how others feel, and obviously those people are gonna be kinda crummy at explaining changes/handling criticism, especially to the people screaming at them.
Training people to be aggressive when they respond to criticism is, bar NONE, the worst thing you can do when it comes to taking criticism to begin with, because people will take any, and I mean ANY, aggressive response to criticism as an attack on them and respond accordingly, escalating the aggressiveness until it just becomes a shouting match.
It doesn't matter if the other party is a coder or admin or even a player, the moment you start insulting people or be snarky, you're going to lose any sense of control over how people are going to respond.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #688648

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:42 pm
Armhulen wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:05 pm And I recognize that code and sprite changes are a little different. Classic thing to bring up is sleeper and cloning removals, things players were comfortable with going away but in the end lended to a better experience. In this case, improper considerations were given to the MULE, the creator inflated the issue dramatically, and it's far more taste-based than anything involving design philosophy. New and old crates will work on wallening. WALLENING IS NOT LIVE. I would almost go to the step of revert, but I think things can be improved with changes to the style to make everyone happier with something
oh my god, thank you for explaining how i felt

also what is the wallening

is it anything like the rumbling because it sounds equally terrifying
The Wallening is where the codebase is switching from full top-down perspective to 3/5ths. Look at some of Goon's sprites for an example. The benefit is that it allows for more detail and depth and just generally looks better.

The problem is that the maintainers want most of the sprites in the game to already be the correct perspective before moving over to the new walls, so things are going to look a little fucky for a while.

That doesn't justify how /tg/ players tend to go kneejerk on IT'S DIFFERENT SO IT'S BAD with things.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #688650

Wallening looks like shit
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #688651

Armhulen wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:35 pm Ok one more beautiful little wallening post

Oooh I want this so badly
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #688652

Vekter wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:01 pm That doesn't justify how /tg/ players tend to go kneejerk on IT'S DIFFERENT SO IT'S BAD with things.
The moment you dismiss opinions by attacking their motivations or intentions like this you create the toxicity.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #688653

MrStonedOne wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:31 pm
Vekter wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:01 pm That doesn't justify how /tg/ players tend to go kneejerk on IT'S DIFFERENT SO IT'S BAD with things.
The moment you dismiss opinions by attacking their motivations or intentions like this you create the toxicity.
I wouldn't necessarily say I'm attacking their motivations or intentions - I don't think anyone on /tg/ is acting in bad faith when they say they don't like something. I do think a lot of players will automatically side towards disliking change for the sheer sake of it being different. I've seen people say that they don't like it but can't actually come up with a reason as to why, so the only thing I can really imagine is that they don't like it because it's different than what they're used to.

I also don't think we should dismiss their opinions, but there's a point where the scale and aggressiveness of it gets out of hand, which is what happened here.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #688654

Vekter wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:39 pm
MrStonedOne wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:31 pm
I wouldn't necessarily say I'm attacking their motivations or intentions - I don't think anyone on /tg/ is acting in bad faith when they say they don't like something. I do think a lot of players will automatically side towards disliking change for the sheer sake of it being different. I've seen people say that they don't like it but can't actually come up with a reason as to why, so the only thing I can really imagine is that they don't like it because it's different than what they're used to.

I also don't think we should dismiss their opinions, but there's a point where the scale and aggressiveness of it gets out of hand, which is what happened here.
If people were only holding their opinion to be contrarian then the people sucking the dick of the shitty flatcrate sprites would in fact be the bad faith Billies
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #688655

Going to be honest, these crates kinda just don’t fit in. I don’t like ‘em.

The big black outlines make it look unnatural. It just doesn’t fit in seemingly. I would prefer if they would work off of the old sprites instead of making something brand new; no offense to the author.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #688657

dragomagol wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:32 pm
Armhulen wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:33 pm
Unsane wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:22 pm I wish everything else have the same vibe and style with how the new crates styled
well thats the fuckin idea! Ignore the visual bug with the black void on this picture and you get an idea of where we're going

HONESTLY this is only happening because the crates came first. If the crate resprite was pr'd to the wallening branch (WHICH EXISTS) there wouldn't be an issue.

It's going to be very cool (and don't worry, you'll be able to see below the walls if you need to).
always been curious, how is this gonna work if you can’t see 50%+ of the tile on the bottom right due to the 3D wall? what’s a character look like standing there?

and that chair at the bottom is like completely obscured. i dislike the idea that we have to tradeoff massive visibility for a faux-3D sprite that looks more modern :/
Spoiler:
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #688659

I don't know how I feel about this "it's gonna look like an actual game" vibe here. Like clearly this has been a huge undertaking from dozens of people so we can't just say get fucked. At the same time I'd dare say there is something soulful about the janky thrown together with tape look that people associate with ss13.
Image Image
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #688661

I promise you there will be no end to the servers that will still offer old walls though I will remind you that every server that just tries to be "tgstation back in the year [when i started playing]" dies incredibly hard.
The big benefit I see is that it's going to immerse people deeper into a roleplaying mood. For example, Flavor traitors does nothing but suggest some ways you could play the round, and I think that helps people break out of the mold of their antag comfort zones. and hey, if you like the rules imposed, maybe you like following the corporation you're hired by. Cool!
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #688663

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:19 pm always been curious, how is this gonna work if you can’t see 50%+ of the tile on the bottom right due to the 3D wall? what’s a character look like standing there?

and that chair at the bottom is like completely obscured. i dislike the idea that we have to tradeoff massive visibility for a faux-3D sprite that looks more modern :/
The reason why this is such a code and sprite collab is because the tops of the walls are fade away when you need to see them. Don't worry, you won't miss anything.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #688664

Armhulen come on, we are kin here. Don't you recall those halcyon days of medical getting flooded with freon every round? The money trees and unlimited null crates.
Image Image
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #688665

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:24 pm Wallening looks like shit
the "i play dwarf fortress without a tileset" take
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #688666

Boot wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:52 pm Armhulen come on, we are kin here. Don't you recall those halcyon days of medical getting flooded with freon every round? The money trees and unlimited null crates.
I unironically miss freon, I miss null crates when they weren't done every round. Like, nobody ever had issues with them for years but as time went on people realized they really could just hand an emag to the QM at any time and start an infinite flood of traitor gear. Honestly? Null crates could come back if the unlock condition was harder than "use an emag" and we all know it. There needs to be some kind of thing that prevents it from being something done constantly like the last few months before removal.
Same with gangs. Gangs on release? fun. Gangs when everyone learns there is no downside to just building the dominator behind 5 reinforced walls and bolted doors? Painful. So painful. Preventing people from settling into "every round" gimmicks is key for enjoyment and longevity of features.

God I miss freon. Removed because it was laggy and crashy too, not because people hated it. I loved turning the station into a winter wonderland, it felt like a real unique deadly environment condition.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #688667

What really grinds my gears about this entire discussion is that people can't say they don't like things without immediately being thrown into the "you only dislike it because it's different".

That generates the precedent that player opinion doesn't matter. And as much as oranges likes to preach it, that's a fucking stupid take. "Player opinion doesn't matter" is exactly how you push players that interact with the community away. Much the same way that you push contributors by attacking them.

There were plenty of direct, objective criticisms on the PR. There was a side by side comparison with points to be discussed. Author just decided to engage cunt drive and dismiss it like it was unimportant while belittling the person that pointed those out.

The crates look like shit. That doesn't mean that everything that's different is bad. The wallening is different, and it's looking fucking sick. I personally love the new lavaland mob sprites. Discussing things like this without taking them personally and having your feweings hurt (or at least hurt enough that you feel you need to lash out like a child) is how you improve.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #688668

I do wish someone respites the crates to handle the feedback: ignoring the feedback will possibly lead to possible backlash down the line.

Perhaps maybe I can learn how to sprite?
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #688669

Epicgamer545 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:32 pm I do wish someone respites the crates to handle the feedback: ignoring the feedback will possibly lead to possible backlash down the line.

nobody is touching them because of the drama around them. maybe in a months time
respect (let him do his thing)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #688672

they are unlikely to get much more than minor fixes now
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #688673

Armhulen wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:58 pm
this, the first thing i thought was whoa, this looks like dwarf fortress, and its fucking awesome

very excited to see the pr merged
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #688675

also hey anyone remember swarmers
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #688676

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:58 pm also hey anyone remember swarmers
yes
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #688677

Vekter wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:39 pmI've seen people say that they don't like it but can't actually come up with a reason as to why, so the only thing I can really imagine is that they don't like it because it's different than what they're used to.
I've seen the answer to this in game development talks. Players are phenomenally good at telling developers when something feels wrong, and this feeling is usually correct. Players are very bad at articulating why this is the case and will often blame things unrelated to the real cause. While you cannot trust a player to tell you why something isnt working, you can definitely trust them to tell you when something isnt working.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #688678

kinnebian wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:36 pm
Epicgamer545 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:32 pm I do wish someone respites the crates to handle the feedback: ignoring the feedback will possibly lead to possible backlash down the line.

nobody is touching them because of the drama around them. maybe in a months time
I did a minor change to one of the crates (the cross on top of the medical crate), you can probably get away with minor stuff but nothing too big.
Spoiler:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #688679

i dont play dwarf fortress
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #688680

i was just reminded of flightsuits
MAN. that was a long ass time ago
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #688683

There wouldn't be drama around them if they were better.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #688684

As one of the only contrarians to downvote the cratening and one of the few to upvote the wowie crates, i think the new crates are based. The cratening made crates look worse, now with wowie crates they are much better. The angle looks much better and they actually look big enough to fit stuff now. The details of the crates are much better, the handle and lock looks amazing compared to the old handle that wasn't even sprited correctly? the handle just stayed down? And it just looked bad in general being a pixelated curve. Now the handle goes up with the crate and is super cool and even has the lock attached to it. My only complaint is the black lines on the edges dont look good with some crates. And the color choice of black for the electrical crate is odd. The freezer looks super cool though I dont know why people disliked that one in particular the freezer looked pretty bad before.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #688685

i swear to god some of those crates are off center and its bugging the shit out of me
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #688686

BlueMemesauce wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:47 pm As one of the only contrarians to downvote the cratening and one of the few to upvote the wowie crates, i think the new crates are based. The cratening made crates look worse, now with wowie crates they are much better. The angle looks much better and they actually look big enough to fit stuff now. The details of the crates are much better, the handle and lock looks amazing compared to the old handle that wasn't even sprited correctly? the handle just stayed down? And it just looked bad in general being a pixelated curve. Now the handle goes up with the crate and is super cool and even has the lock attached to it. My only complaint is the black lines on the edges dont look good with some crates. And the color choice of black for the electrical crate is odd. The freezer looks super cool though I dont know why people disliked that one in particular the freezer looked pretty bad before.
I genuinely cannot tell if this is ironic, a shitpost, or actually serious.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #688687

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:36 pm
you should, everyone should
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #688689

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:36 pm
L
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #688690

conrad wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:03 pm push players that interact with the community away.
if only they would actually go, instead of just hanging around complaining about how bad things are now.

if they actually put their money where their mouth was and left people might actually believe them for once.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #688691

Armhulen wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:02 pm God I miss freon. Removed because it was laggy and crashy too, not because people hated it. I loved turning the station into a winter wonderland, it felt like a real unique deadly environment condition.
I made freon like yesterday what
Spoiler:
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #688692

I love crates, crates and crate acessories

now wheres our forklift for the crates
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #688693

InfiniteGalaxies wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:03 am I love crates, crates and crate acessories

coming soon, along with a forklift license
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #688694

InfiniteGalaxies wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:03 am I love crates, crates and crate acessories

thats what the power loader is for
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #688695

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:22 am

forklift is cooler cause space osha violations
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #688696

InfiniteGalaxies wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:22 am
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:22 am

forklift is cooler cause space osha violations
i'll violate your osha with my clamps
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #688697

dont pretend like you play dwarf fortress
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #688699

Vekter wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:11 pm
BeeSting12 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:16 am
Vekter wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:06 am /tg/ Community Be Normal About Sprite Changes Challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)

alternatively "Not Be Cunts To Contributors Challenges".
I honestly don't see much cuntiness toward the author in the PR until near the end. If anything the author started the cuntiness with the line about Russians while responding to someone giving valid feedback.
Someone literally compared the PR author to a Nazi but okay
That was in response to the author calling him a Russian, which these days is almost as bad. Not saying it's right to compare him to a Nazi but keep in mind who started it.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #688700

Armhulen wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:02 pm
Boot wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:52 pm Armhulen come on, we are kin here. Don't you recall those halcyon days of medical getting flooded with freon every round? The money trees and unlimited null crates.
I unironically miss freon, I miss null crates when they weren't done every round. Like, nobody ever had issues with them for years but as time went on people realized they really could just hand an emag to the QM at any time and start an infinite flood of traitor gear. Honestly? Null crates could come back if the unlock condition was harder than "use an emag" and we all know it. There needs to be some kind of thing that prevents it from being something done constantly like the last few months before removal.
Same with gangs. Gangs on release? fun. Gangs when everyone learns there is no downside to just building the dominator behind 5 reinforced walls and bolted doors? Painful. So painful. Preventing people from settling into "every round" gimmicks is key for enjoyment and longevity of features.

God I miss freon. Removed because it was laggy and crashy too, not because people hated it. I loved turning the station into a winter wonderland, it felt like a real unique deadly environment condition.
Please bring back gangs. Some of my favorite ss13 memories happened during gangs rounds.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #688703

lmao the spriter's digg posting is even trashier than his Discord posting and he's being such a fucking prick that now I'm strictly opposed to the sprites just because he's such a doink
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #688704

Can we have a picture of these crates IN the wallening? So we can see what it looks like?

I thought the crates before this one was made for the wallening?
I need to see!!!

Lets see them in their intended habitat.
Last edited by Constellado on Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #688705

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:52 pm
Armhulen wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:02 pm God I miss freon. Removed because it was laggy and crashy too, not because people hated it. I loved turning the station into a winter wonderland, it felt like a real unique deadly environment condition.
I made freon like yesterday what
fased and eonpilled i'm talking about the OLD ORIGINAL FREON
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #688707

BeeSting12 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:25 am
Armhulen wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:02 pm

Please bring back gangs. Some of my favorite ss13 memories happened during gangs rounds.
If you figure out how to avoid the ugliest most unfun meta settling around base defense it will be a mode that is never removed again