r/OutOfTheLoop: The New Cratening

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

r/OutOfTheLoop: The New Cratening

Post by Fren256 » #688552

Bottom post of the previous page:

Hello fellow redditors, I'm out of the loop on a certain matter and I require your help. I wanna know what's the deal with PR #75785. Why is it so controversial? Why do you hate (or love) it? And why does the author feel they have been gaslit by their detractors? Only big chungus 100 wholesome keanu reeves answers please.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Re: r/OutOfTheLoop: The New Cratening

Post by warbluke » #688801

I do not understand where all the people who go "Wallening looks really cool" are coming from. It's not ugly or anything but it does not seem any more cool than our current perspective. I do play DF on ASCII though so I am not to be trusted. Are there any good videos of people running around in the Wallenverse out there? Maybe it looks cool in motion.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #688802

warbluke wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:37 am I do play DF on ASCII though so I am not to be trusted.
im sniping you mfs
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #688803

warbluke wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:37 am I do not understand where all the people who go "Wallening looks really cool" are coming from. It's not ugly or anything but it does not seem any more cool than our current perspective. I do play DF on ASCII though so I am not to be trusted. Are there any good videos of people running around in the Wallenverse out there? Maybe it looks cool in motion.
People want to pretend they're playing secret of mana or something but our sprite work will never be able to compete with Japanese animators working double overtime (which to be fair to them is still about infinity percent more than for free).
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #688804

Armhulen wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:55 am
warbluke wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:37 am I do play DF on ASCII though so I am not to be trusted.
im sniping you mfs
ASCII DF is the way it's meant to be played.
I do think dwarf therapist is a required QOL mod though.
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #688805

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:06 am
im sniping you mfs
NOT SINCE THE STEAM RELEASE GET FUCKED LOSER

The Steam release is excellent.
Learner
Byond Username: Learner

Post by Learner » #688806

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:15 am
im sniping you mfs

I happen to play CDDA on ASCII. It was the natural course of events since I never did figure out tiles for Dwarf Fortress, and played Rogue.

Vekter, the Oxy Medical crate issue was really more fundamentally tied to the Oxygen Crates being steered away from their established color scheme, which was having blue as a primary color rather then being secondary. I am happy however to hear the medical crate was adjusted to stand it apart.

Also, I don't hate the freezer crates. I love it. I love it very much. But I am constantly tempted with the urge to request Galo Sengen, stockpile/disperse all the spray tan imaginable, and give folks crate assisted tans.
Last edited by Learner on Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #688807

im sniping you mfs

Damn.
Learner wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:39 am
im sniping you mfs

I happen to play CDDA on ASCII. It was the natural course of events since I never did figure out tiles for Dwarf Fortress, and played Rogue.
I do use a tileset for cdda though.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #688809

indeed
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #688812

does anyone have opinions on the NeoDays tileset for CDDA?
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #688814

Boris wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:48 am does anyone have opinions on the NeoDays tileset for CDDA?
it's the one i use. simple tileset that leaves much to the imagination while giving the broad strokes of something.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #688815

Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:55 pm I always thought the Wallening (which btw will never happen, atleast not this decade, get real people), looks super ugly... shouldn't /tg/station be like... the most vanilla codebase? And not some weird avant-garde art style???
in what deprived world is the wallening avant garde
it looks nice
respect (let him do his thing)
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #688816

I used neodays back when I didn't know how to play cdda. It's okay but I use ultica which I think is a great looking tileset.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #688817

Armhulen wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:37 am ducks told me to post this for their thoughts on the new crates. i miss ducks.............
It's illegal to not include the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FINNxxlFH3M
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Featherfield
Byond Username: Featherfield

Post by Featherfield » #688818

After playing some cargo and seeing the crates everywhere they really weirdly look like raised platforms off the floor and not like crates and its wigging me out
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #688823

Armhulen wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:37 am ducks told me to post this for their thoughts on the new crates. i miss ducks.............
Excuse me what do you mean "I miss ducks"?
Where is ducks?
What happened to ducks?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here.
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #688826

warbluke wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:37 am I do not understand where all the people who go "Wallening looks really cool" are coming from. It's not ugly or anything but it does not seem any more cool than our current perspective.
i agree, but the cool part for me is the size of the project and how much work is going into this. The new crates will hopefully look better when the wallening happens too
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #688828

kinnebian wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:28 am
Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:55 pm I always thought the Wallening (which btw will never happen, atleast not this decade, get real people), looks super ugly... shouldn't /tg/station be like... the most vanilla codebase? And not some weird avant-garde art style???
in what deprived world is the wallening avant garde
it looks nice
Have you looked at the same door sprites I have
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #688829

oranges wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:35 pm
this is why i have never ever considered listening to player feedback
Player feedback is worthless, but you know I'm not wrong about this - it's not a bad art style in its own right, but it is definitely a more impressionist(?) (for lack of better artistic terminology) style. I'd personally think it makes more sense to do something clean and crisp as the default art style, rather than the more abstract and caricature-esque style of the Wallening.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Featherfield
Byond Username: Featherfield

Post by Featherfield » #688832

So why IS this massively hated resprite by someone off TG getting merged so sudden anyway?
other than them being friends with big spriter
even fucking leddit is calling out Axolotl and the bad sprites lol lmao
https://youtu.be/o0IzfLMjoT4
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #688846

Featherfield wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:58 pm So why IS this massively hated resprite by someone off TG getting merged so sudden anyway?
other than them being friends with big spriter
even fucking leddit is calling out Axolotl and the bad sprites lol lmao
https://youtu.be/o0IzfLMjoT4
Because
1. the spriter boasted about pissing people off
2. the pr was merged too early
3. the backlash of the first two led to people harassing maintenance team
4. step 3 always ends in step 4: the whole topic, making changes, or handling it is frozen for a month by oranges so cooler heads prevail

I am positive it is not in a good state right now but freezing for a month makes sense, both from the perspective of actually seeing what people think about the crates without the first kneejerk reactions, and because the drama part needs to run out of fuel. Once that's dead, people will be back to finding out what crate sprites /tg/station needs
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #688847

Prs getting merged too early happens, and usually isn't an issue. But the sprite creator just had to go and piss everyone off for no reason and honestly it's because there's a serious lack of emotional intelligence going on
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #688848

Armhulen wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:31 pm Prs getting merged too early happens, and usually isn't an issue. But the sprite creator just had to go and piss everyone off for no reason and honestly it's because there's a serious lack of emotional intelligence going on
contributors acting like fucking petulant retard babies isn't a bug it's a feature they're deliberately encouraged to act like a bunch of colicky pamperblasters by the greeners.

TheFinalPotato wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:02 am to some extent it's a repeating cycle, we train devs to be aggressive as a defense mechanism, players respond, and it magnifies.
end up self selecting for people who can ignore how others feel, and obviously those people are gonna be kinda crummy at explaining changes/handling criticism, especially to the people screaming at them.

it's a shame none who's further along that filter was around to take the heat/deal with the people spamming shit in the sprite channel. assholes.
this shit is never going to get better and if this kindergarten is still around in 2030 you will still be posting about "sigh, oranges had to do what always happens and lock discussion again because people were being mean T_T" instead of maybe realizing the issue is that the fucking greeners are deliberately encouraging this bullshit. you can see even in final potatos post that he states its a SHAME that it happened but the PEOPLE GIVING FEEDBACK are the ASSHOLES, not the fuckwit who started the situation by calling people vatniks over not liking his shitty coffee table sprites. because the guy DELIBERATELY GOING OUT OF HIS WAY TO BE INFLAMMATORY can NEVER be an asshole cuz he's one of oranges ERP buddies, the people who RESPOND TO IT are the REAL jerks.

ACAB

All Contributors Are Bastards
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #688851

Saying you don't care about the discussion or about people's opinions and minutes later calling discord jannies makes me wonder if that spriter even is over 18.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here.
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #688852

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:45 pm
Armhulen wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:31 pm Prs getting merged too early happens, and usually isn't an issue. But the sprite creator just had to go and piss everyone off for no reason and honestly it's because there's a serious lack of emotional intelligence going on
contributors acting like fucking petulant retard babies isn't a bug it's a feature they're deliberately encouraged to act like a bunch of colicky pamperblasters by the greeners.

TheFinalPotato wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:02 am to some extent it's a repeating cycle, we train devs to be aggressive as a defense mechanism, players respond, and it magnifies.
end up self selecting for people who can ignore how others feel, and obviously those people are gonna be kinda crummy at explaining changes/handling criticism, especially to the people screaming at them.

it's a shame none who's further along that filter was around to take the heat/deal with the people spamming shit in the sprite channel. assholes.
this shit is never going to get better and if this kindergarten is still around in 2030 you will still be posting about "sigh, oranges had to do what always happens and lock discussion again because people were being mean T_T" instead of maybe realizing the issue is that the fucking greeners are deliberately encouraging this bullshit. you can see even in final potatos post that he states its a SHAME that it happened but the PEOPLE GIVING FEEDBACK are the ASSHOLES, not the fuckwit who started the situation by calling people vatniks over not liking his shitty coffee table sprites. because the guy DELIBERATELY GOING OUT OF HIS WAY TO BE INFLAMMATORY can NEVER be an asshole cuz he's one of oranges ERP buddies, the people who RESPOND TO IT are the REAL jerks.

ACAB

This but less Craggy; you're literally doing this shit to yourselves when you act like cocksuckers lmao
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #688853

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:45 pm Craig.

Sometimes people are 100% out of line by personally attacking the person behind a controversial PR. I feel zero sympathies when the PR is so clearly half-baked, and the person started off being a complete and total clown. I swear, the more controversial the PR is, the deeper in the sand the person's head is.

This idea of "the plebs players don't know what's good for them" kind of rhetoric leads to this happening. Don't get me wrong, some players are absolutely brainless morons who don't understand anything and scream when anything is changed. When a seemingly overwhelming majority of players are voicing dissatisfaction, and they all seem to have the same issues, then maybe, MAYBE, it's an issue.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #688855

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:56 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:45 pm

ACAB

This but less Craggy; you're literally doing this shit to yourselves when you act like cocksuckers lmao
Point out when I've been acting like that, because you know I don't wanna contribute to this kind of thing.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #688856

no, they're just dumb and they don't have any rights
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #688857

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:45 pm this shit is never going to get better and if this kindergarten is still around in 2030
you'll still be around posting about how much you hate everything the contributors do the game but still playing in spite of it lmao
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #688858

oranges wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:35 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:45 pm this shit is never going to get better and if this kindergarten is still around in 2030
you'll still be around posting about how much you hate everything the contributors do the game but still playing in spite of it lmao
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #688859

speaking of which what are you doing out of the coding camps buddy? Go make some new stuff for me to play with.
Image Image
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #688860

playing a game you actively dislike is cuck behaviour
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #688862

He got created the same moment the big bang happened and he immediately went "shit change, revert to nothingness"
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #688863

This is why I don't want to contribute to the game.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #688865

Fren256 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:24 pm This is why I don't want to contribute to the game.
The super easy response is "It's easy to contribute when you're not a piss man" but then I remembered it means you have to interact with people like oranges who are absolutely piss men and yeah probably don't bother if you have a low tolerance for piss men
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #688867

oranges wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:21 pm playing a game you actively dislike is cuck behaviour
At least I'm not a sex pest
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #688870

oranges wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:21 pm playing a game you actively dislike is cuck behaviour
you heard it from the world's biggest fruit here folks, playing a glorified graphical MUD that occasionally some fetid breath fartknocker, who has to live with his grandparents cuz he kept stealing his sister's panties and socks, makes dumb changes in is more cucked than being a sewer mouthed skidmark afficianado who lives with his grandparents and spends his free time WORKING on trying to make a glorified graphical MUD more appealing to redditors so that a bald libertarian who patrols the community making sure his administrative staff is letting people say the gamer word and spends his time asking "what about MEN'S rights?" online can afford Cannabis for Recreational Use

you seem to be operating under the mistaken assumption that as a cucktributor you are in a position worthy of respect and power. when players are calling you names on the internet its because elongated muskrat hasn't invented a way for us to strap you to a pole and give you lashes with a bullwhip when you goof off singing spirituals in the code-cotton field
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #688878

Okay sex pest
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #688881

based crag
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #688886

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:32 am
you heard it from the world's biggest fruit here folks, playing a glorified graphical MUD that occasionally some fetid breath fartknocker, who has to live with his grandparents cuz he kept stealing his sister's panties and socks, makes dumb changes in is more cucked than being a sewer mouthed skidmark afficianado who lives with his grandparents and spends his free time WORKING on trying to make a glorified graphical MUD more appealing to redditors so that a bald libertarian who patrols the community making sure his administrative staff is letting people say the gamer word and spends his time asking "what about MEN'S rights?" online can afford Cannabis for Recreational Use

you seem to be operating under the mistaken assumption that as a cucktributor you are in a position worthy of respect and power. when players are calling you names on the internet its because elongated muskrat hasn't invented a way for us to strap you to a pole and give you lashes with a bullwhip when you goof off singing spirituals in the code-cotton field
i don't play the game and actually yes, coming back to slurp at the excrement we put out every day for the rest of your life while constantly complaining about how much better you are than the people who's excrement you have the chance to eat is pretty damn cucked.

You can't be bigger than the guy who you live off of.

lets face it, we can change whatever we want and the best you can do is write some mean words in the players club in the vain hope that the three other people who care will show up to sit around and circle jerk each other off about how redpilled and based you all are and how you "showed" that mean contributor what's for. well guess what? it dont' fucking work, and the wheel is gonna keep spinning with or without you.

But at the end of the day you're gonna wipe each others cum off your faces, grit your teeth, bend over and take it because we're better than any other server out there and we are smarter than any other server out there and you know it and you are damn well too much of a coward to put your money where your big ass mouth is and actually walk away. Hell, people might even start to think you like taking it like a good little dog with that kind of behaviour.

If you at least had enough of a backbone to stand up straight and declare you didn't like a change and actually fucking leave, then there might actually be a snowflakes chance in hell that the way things are done changes, but you dont, and most people dont because they dont' give two flying fucks what the crate sprite looks like, so your dumbass is just mouthing off into a void as a form of virtual signalling to your in crowd about how much better off /tg/station would be without those pesky contributors while you continue to consume all the free content they are giving you lol.

at the end of the day you're the human equivalent of tv snow on a dead tv channel except in your case crag you look extra flowery with your static so that's why people still bother to tune into your frequency.
Last edited by oranges on Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:52 am, edited 9 times in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #688887

Fren256 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:24 pm This is why I don't want to contribute to the game.
you will never get that game of eu4 with citrusgender
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #688889

oranges wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:36 am

i don't play the game and actually yes, coming back to slurp at the excrement we put out every day for the rest of your life while constantly complaining about how much better you are than the people who's excrement you have the chance to eat is pretty damn cucked.

lets face it, we can change whatever we want and the best you can do is write some mean words in the players club in the vain hope that the three other people who care will show up to sit around and circle jerk each other off about how redpilled and based you all are and how you "showed" that mean contributor what's for. well guess what? it dont' fucking work, and the wheel is gonna keep spinning with or without you.

But at the end of the day you're gonna wipe each others cum off your faces, grit your teeth, bend over and take it because we're better than any other server out there and we are smarter than any other server out there and you know it and you are damn well too much of a coward to put your money where your big ass mouth is and actually walk away. Hell, people might even start to think you like taking it like a good little dog with that kind of behaviour.

If you at least had enough of a backbone to stand up straight and declare you didn't like a change and actually fucking leave, then there might actually be a snowflakes chance in hell that the way things are done changes, but you dont, and most people dont because they dont' give two flying fucks what the crate sprite looks like, so your dumbass is just mouthing off into a void as a form of virtual signalling to your in crowd about how much better off /tg/station would be without those pesky contributors while you continue to consume all the free content they are giving you lol.

at the end of the day you're the human equivalent of tv snow on a dead tv channel except in your case crag you look extra flowery with your static so that's why people still bother to tune into your frequency.
Lmao this makes you sound so lame
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #688890

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:53 am Lmao this makes you sound so lame
take your place in the circle jerk
toemas

Post by toemas » #688892

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #688893

toemas wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:56 am Verily, I partake not in this game, and verily yes, returning hence to sup upon the filth we expel daily for the duration of thy existence whilst incessantly bemoaning thy superiority over those whose filth thou hast the fortune to consume, 'tis truly a wretched state.

Thou canst not surpass the one upon whom thou dost rely for sustenance.

Let us face it, we possess the power to alter aught we desire, and the utmost thou canst accomplish is to pen vile words within the realm of players' fellowship, in vain hope that the trifling trio who dost care shall congregate to engage in self-indulgent conversations, extolling their enlightenment and righteousness, proclaiming how thou hast "taught a lesson" to the contemptible contributor. But lo, dost thou know what? It doth not work, and the wheel shall continue to turn, whether thou art present or absent.

Yet, at day's end, thou shalt wipe each other's seed from thy countenances, grit thy teeth, bend over, and endure, for we are superior to all other servers, more sagacious than any other, and thou art fully aware of it. Alas, thou lackest the courage to act upon thy boastful rhetoric and depart. Nay, thou art but a craven, too fearful to back thy lofty words with action. By thy conduct, one might even surmise that thou dost derive pleasure from submission, akin to a compliant hound.

Hadst thou possessed even a modicum of fortitude to stand tall and declare thy disapproval of a change, and verily depart, then perchance there would exist a slim chance, akin to a snowflake in the infernal abyss, that the manner in which things are executed might alter. Yet thou dost not, and most people do not, for they care naught for the appearance of the crate sprite. Thus, thy foolishness doth only echo into the void, serving naught but to virtue signal to thy exclusive clique about how much greater /tg/station would fare without those vexatious contributors, whilst thou dost continue to partake of all the gratis content they bestow upon thee, to thy mirthful delight.

At the day's end, thou art naught but the human embodiment of snowy static on a deceased television channel. Yet in thy case, Crag, thou dost appear more ostentatious amidst thy visual disturbance, which is why people still trouble themselves to tune in to thy frequency.
toemas

Post by toemas » #688894

Black Lives Fucking Matter.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #688895

Orange I'm confused, are we never gonna get anything done because all we do is bitch or are droves of the very people who are contributing to this game leaving in tears because of how toxic we are?
Image Image
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #688897

On the whole very few people leave, that's never been a concern of mine, I don't want people who can't hack it on the squad (mostly because it means if I tell them not to do something or forbid something they'll get over it), but it does mean i'm optimising for people who ignore feedback.

edit: or at the very least feedback from people they don't know
Last edited by oranges on Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #688898

oranges wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:36 am

people bother to tune into my frequency because they actually find me enjoyable to interact with. imagine how much of an evolutionary dead end you have to be, oranges, that people would rather take the side of the Pee Pee Poo Poo Mad Libs guy than the Enlightened Green Name like yourself. I have never, once, in the entire history of this fucking community, seen or heard anyone who would describe you as a "friend." The most positive take I have ever seen on your presence "load-bearing asshole." All you do in your every interaction is prove me correct with your rambling diatribe that, yes, you don't play the game and yes, you deliberately make shitty, inflammatory choices just to annoy people, because you never grew mentally past the age of 14. As you sit in your hobbit hole rocking back and forth, rapidly f5ing github to see if there's some new contributor to the community that you can harass to soothe your narcissistic injury and then bemoan the lack of new retards whose labor you can exploit to pretend you have relevance, remember that in the future, when this game is long dead, the people you hate so much that you have dedicated YEARS of your free time with fucking with for playing a game in a community you have decided to blight with your particular brand of autism are going to have fond memories of fun times and friendship formed of positive interaction, while the only thing you have cultivated in your time is contacts with a bunch of neurotic striped-stocking wearing broke brains who don't like you and have no reason to tolerate you now that you don't have a position above them on the Green Totem Pole of Faggotry. Go spam another transgender woman's inbox with rape threats, Smeagol.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #688900

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:09 am Image
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #688902

I forgot how intense Crag can get, we got a brief glimpse reminding us of the old days

Anyways all-in-all, this thread proved that oranges is willing to stoop to being pathetic as the rest of us, so that's all that really matters

We are all pathetic

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #688903

oranges wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:10 am Image