Hulk Humanity Discussion, Poll

Does hulk humanity protect anyone who deserves protecting?

I strongly disagree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
4%
I strongly disagree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
4%
4%
I disagree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
2%
I disagree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
2%
2%
I am Neutral about the statment "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
3%
I am Neutral about the statment "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
3%
3%
I agree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
5%
I agree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
5%
5%
I strongly agree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
20%
I strongly agree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
20%
20%

Total votes: 198

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Hulk Humanity Discussion, Poll

Post by Pandarsenic » #7302

Or properly, how do you feel about the statement:
Keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs
Strongly Disagree
Disagree
Neutral/Ambivalent/Don't Know
Agree
Strongly Agree

Leaving vote-change enabled for anyone who has trouble with simple English like the above. Your votes will be accounted for, but the primary value of this thread will be in rational, calm discussion, or I will slice you with a box cutter. Votes without explanation will be observed, but not given as high regard.

Background: While hulks have traditionally been considered humans, for some time they were not, now they are again. As the final step before implementing the "Follow Your Goddamned Laws" Silicon Policy Update ( http://pastebin.com/bduT7pFf ) is resolving the argument about whether hulks ought to be considered human to an Asimov AI.

This means that posts which are off-topic for certain reasons will be deleted or edited to be blank save for an indication of their SHAMEFUL STATUS:
  • Arguing about the background of whether hulks have been human. I explained it above and if anyone else says "hulks have always been nonhuman" or whatever, they're wrong, besides which that wouldn't matter. See the next point.
  • Stating that hulks have always been human. We know. Nobody cares. Appeal to Tradition is not a valid argument. Yeah, they were always human, and for 800 years bloodletting was a popular medical practice.
  • Arguing about whether Asimov should be the default lawset. Not the place for it.
  • Trying to remove secborgs. Not the place for it.
  • Situations in which the AI or Cyborg in question is subverted or an antagonist. They do not care about human status; therefore, arguments such as that hulks "counter silicons" are nonsensical.
  • Whining about the poll's wording. Deal with it.
  • Possibly more if people find shitty posts to make that I didn't think to forbid
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Hulk Humanity Discussion, Poll

Post by Steelpoint » #7303

As has been said before, Hulk Human status only protects Hulk griefers and punishes Asimov Silicons. I'll expand my thoughts when I get to my computer but suffice to say Hulks being non-human is fair.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #7305

Being hulked is almost always an optional choice you bring upon yourself if the AI/sec decides to put you down, which you usually deserve. If not, ahelp, because rule 1 still applies to all players anyway you fat nasty trash.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #7307

I would suggest doing it the same way as I recall mutant races being treated, IE they're non-human, but they're protected by rule 1 until they start harming humans.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #7320

Thunder11 wrote:I would suggest doing it the same way as I recall mutant races being treated, IE they're non-human, but they're protected by rule 1 until they start harming humans.
That's the exact proposal. Well, more of that if they make themselves nuisances in any way but yelling over radio (let's smash a bunch of walls everywhere! Let's break into the armory!) the silicons can relieve them of their hulk mutation. Violently.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #7324

Hulk is extremely powerful, useful, and easily widespread. Having it remove human immunity from the AI is an excellent trade-off that makes good sense and game balance.

Virology Hulk, on the other hand, is a strange situation. Is a human non-human for the ten seconds he turns into a hulk? What if he turns back just as a silicon is harmbatoning him? Is a silicon punished for accidentally hitting a human?
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #7326

Stickymayhem wrote:Is a human non-human for the ten seconds he turns into a hulk? What if he turns back just as a silicon is harmbatoning him? Is a silicon punished for accidentally hitting a human?
If a virohulk manages to get into enough trouble with the law/silicons to invite a harmbaton in that short of a time period, I'm impressed. I would also tentatively classify that under "Hulk idiots."
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #7344

That virology symptom is overpowered and should be fixed anyway. Either removed or give disabilities as well as superpowers.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #7346

No because the whole point of virology is to give you good symptoms while filtering out disabilities (if you do your job right).

Plus, random powers can be a serious disability some times. Have a taser, sneaking up on someone, whip it out, lolhulkcan'tshoot and you didn't even notice you turned hulk because you had a gas mask on gloves on? Happened to me on more than one occassion. Or you try to stun someone and they turn hulk. It's a disability and a good symptom, which is the best kind of viro symptom. The effects should last a bit less though, very short bursts means you'll have to keep track of what you have and such.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #7347

Also if it gets to the point where Viro symptoms are getting to obnoxious to deal with, then make the CMO do their actual job and reign in the Virologist, or arrest the Viro.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #7355

paprika wrote:No because the whole point of virology is to give you good symptoms while filtering out disabilities (if you do your job right).
Why don't we give the symptom that makes you invulnerable to all damage and makes your punches instantly kill.

I mean, if that's you think the point of virology is.
paprika wrote:Plus, random powers can be a serious disability some times. Have a taser, sneaking up on someone, whip it out, lolhulkcan'tshoot and you didn't even notice you turned hulk because you had a gas mask on gloves on?
Oh my God, you probably killed yourself out of frustration after that. Horrible, just horrible. How can we ever live with something like that.
I even found a quote to describe this:
paprika wrote:When has it ever been a problem anywhere but security.
paprika wrote:Or you try to stun someone and they turn hulk.
That's supposed to be a negative trait?
paprika wrote:It's a disability and a good symptom, which is the best kind of viro symptom.
It's not, that's what I'm proposing to fix.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #7357

They meant the whole "ready to shoot, cant because 'lolhulk'" thing.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #7389

Stickymayhem wrote:Hulk is extremely powerful, useful, and easily widespread. Having it remove human immunity from the AI is an excellent trade-off that makes good sense and game balance.
I feel this sums it up pretty well.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #7467

Hulks are non-human because of the points brought up above - Notably, it being a willing, knowing decision, protecting idiots/griefers/validers is bad, and balance.

Hulks are stun immune, which means the only way for silicons to deal with a rogue hulk is harming them until they aren't a hulk anymore - However, this directly contradicts their default lawset. If you make hulks non-human, it's fine now.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #7477

Pandarsenic wrote:This means that posts which are off-topic for certain reasons will be deleted or edited to be blank save for an indication of their SHAMEFUL STATUS:
  • Arguing about the background of whether hulks have been human. I explained it above and if anyone else says "hulks have always been nonhuman" or whatever, they're wrong, besides which that wouldn't matter. See the next point.
  • Stating that hulks have always been human. We know. Nobody cares. Appeal to Tradition is not a valid argument. Yeah, they were always human, and for 800 years bloodletting was a popular medical practice.
  • Arguing about whether Asimov should be the default lawset. Not the place for it.
  • Trying to remove secborgs. Not the place for it.
  • Situations in which the AI or Cyborg in question is subverted or an antagonist. They do not care about human status; therefore, arguments such as that hulks "counter silicons" are nonsensical.
  • Whining about the poll's wording. Deal with it.
  • Possibly more if people find shitty posts to make that I didn't think to forbid
YOU FORGOT THE PART WHERE I SAID IF WE MAKE THEM NON-HUMAN, THEN PEOPLE CAN ARGUE STUFF LIKE WIZARDS ARE NON-HUMAN WHICH IS A VALID POINT yo i had caps on
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #7486

Spoiler:
Let's just remove hulk and be done with it.
Ok, more seriously, I think hulks should be non-human. Shitty hulks who destroy everything in their wake are just plain awful.
:^)
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #7490

Except wizards being non-human is also a pretty popular discussed thing too.
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #7491

Wizard is not a race, are you stupid

Wizard is a class

Elf wizard

Human wizard

Orc wizard

omg don't you know anything

Mutate won't be as easy mode though. Which is arguably a good thing.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #7493

But hulks arent a race either.
Human Hulk lvl 5 Geneticist branch
Last edited by 420goslingboy69 on Tue May 20, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #7494

^^^

If you make Wizards non-human, you should make Nuke Ops non-human. And cultists too why not. Heck just set default to Corporate.
Wizards are human, undebatably.

Hulks are a demi-human, really. Much like Slime people, lizardmen, and the like. They're not strictly human, but are usually afforded the same basic rights as a human; They're silicon-valid, but shockbolting them in because of it is poor form.
Deuryn

Post by Deuryn » #7499

Pandarsenic wrote: [*]Stating that hulks have always been human. We know. Nobody cares. Appeal to Tradition is not a valid argument. Yeah, they were always human, and for 800 years bloodletting was a popular medical practice.
So, what you're saying is that we're getting leeches soon?

In total seriousness though, hulks shouldn't count as human. Visually, they don't look human (ie; green skin, huge muscles, probably way taller). They don't usually behave like a typical human (more lore-wise) and , really all their classification of human is good for is grief protection.

I'm in favour of hulks as non-human
[23:16] <Pandarsenic> Admin talking to person who adminhelps. Conspiracy, or secret society? More at 11.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561198006567155.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561198006567155]Image[/url]
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #7501

420goslingboy69 wrote:But hulks arent a race either.
Human Hulk lvl 5 Geneticist branch
Dude what

A hulk is a green muscle monster

A wizard is a dude who wears robes

This shouldn't need explaining.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #7507

Wizards shouldn't get AI protection by default since they can VERY easily subvert or steal it. There will probably be another discussion on this following the hulk discussion depending on what the official policy turns out.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #7512

paprika wrote:Wizards shouldn't get AI protection by default since they can VERY easily subvert or steal it. There will probably be another discussion on this following the hulk discussion depending on what the official policy turns out.
STOP
STOP STOP STOP
LETTING THE AI VALIDHUNT MORE IS BAD. GUYS PLEASE

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #7515

Blatant validhunting is literally one of the biggest violations of rule 1 on the server.

Besides, the wizard getting valid killed is WAY, WAY better than sec borgs tasing security for trying to kill the wizard after he's ei nath'd 50 people.

Same goes for hulks. EVERY antag besides rev has an EMP that disables borgs. Being mad because you got rekt by silicons as wizard because 'v-valid hunting!' is almost as bad as valid hunting.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #7525

Wizards are humans
Or
People who get spellbooks from summon magic and use them aren't humans

Wait no that's a terrible idea. Guess wizards stay human!

Honestly though, with both headmins and most of the community pretty apparently in favor of this, I guess that means it's time to make the new silicon policy official, with Saucey's blessing.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #7531

But are sec borgs who tase security for trying to kill an ei nath scum wizards rule 1 violators?
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #7575

paprika wrote:But are sec borgs who tase security for trying to kill an ei nath scum wizards rule 1 violators?
No because they are following their laws.

Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #7591

If need be, we can change the fluff and the code to accommodate hulkwizards.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #7758

Why would ops or cultists (or wizards or even ninjas) be nonhuman again?
The first are solders, the second are more-or-less brainwashed, the third is (depending on who you ask) a lucky bastard or with alot of augs, and the last is probally closest to being non-human of the lot, thanks to (lorewise) genetic manipulation. They all look like humans, act like humans, get stunned like humans, bleed like humans and die like humans, thus they must be humans.

Hunks meanwhile DONOT look like humans, DONOT (normally) act like humans, DONOT get stunned by humans, etc. etc.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #7763

I would argue Nuke Ops, Cultists, Wizards and Ninja's should be considered to be Human, I don't even think you can get a solid argument to classify them as non-human.

Its oft been hinted that the Wizard is really just using or exploiting highly advance technology that from our perspectives IS magic. Going by the classic quote "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Nuclear Operatives are, as noted, just Human soldiers that are well equipped.

Hulks are on a different level.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #7772

Listen, if sense is getting in the way of balance - too bad for sense.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #7857

Kelenius wrote:Listen, if sense is getting in the way of balance - too bad for sense.
^
Realism is the first casualty of balance. Or lore, depending on who you ask.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #7955

Steelpoint wrote:I would argue Nuke Ops, Cultists, Wizards and Ninja's should be considered to be Human, I don't even think you can get a solid argument to classify them as non-human.

Its oft been hinted that the Wizard is really just using or exploiting highly advance technology that from our perspectives IS magic. Going by the classic quote "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Nuclear Operatives are, as noted, just Human soldiers that are well equipped.

Hulks are on a different level.
I thought wizards were plasma huffers? or was that the goon backstory, whatever.

If anyone tries to argue that nuke-ops, cultists and wizards are non-human then they are silly regardless.

Ninjas are probably comparable to a tech priest.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #8038

Well, looks like 25 people say hunks should be non-human while six say they are human, and two sit there watching...

So is the official policy that they are non-human now?

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #8048

Polls have always been a general gauge of community response or at least the people who have the capacity to click an option at the very least. It'll be discussed and hopefully soon there will be a policy on it.
Apsis

Post by Apsis » #8104

I was gonna go neutral, but then I realized this can give me more options since I'm never a hulk.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #8516

I had a round as an asimov AI where a hulk was smashing through everything, literally everything. The crew were begging me to kill him or not care if the hulk was killed. It was so shit, and so blatantly done while admins were online, I'm pretty sure it was a false flag attack to make people hate hulks being human more.

The worst part was ooc and admins later after round end saying that hulks were still human and after being witness to a hulk tearing through what must have been every department including the bridge and upload. Hulk was a non-antag too, seeing as the round eventually turned out to be wizards.

fucking christ you guys have rule 0 for a reason.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #8533

But when one admin uses their rule 0 judgement to judge a certain way on something and another admin does the same thing but judges differently people feel like they've been cheated and blame it on the admin and not the rules. That is why server policies for minor things exist.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #8593

Oh man my memories of unstoppable (for me) hulks pawing at my upload like their hamhands are a hacked AI module are so fond.

Or that time an idiot geneticist uploaded a law that basically just said I was a cultist and to keep it secret (not even that only cultists were human or who they were or whatever), then the hulk geneticist broke into my core and killed me for not aiding the cult I couldn't discern from normal crew.
Timrod

Post by Timrod » #8734

I think Hulks need at least rule one protection on an individual (ie; AI cannot tell its borgs to kill all hulks because one is breaking shit) basis. The problem is that it is possible to be hulked against one's will. For instance, I had a few rounds as the RD where genetics was using an all powers SE on everyone they cloned, thus mass-producing hulks who did not necessarily want to be hulks.

I do, however, think that lizardmen and slime people and potato people should be human under law one, because there's really nothing dangerous about them that isn't also applicable to humans.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #8782

the gist has always been that nonhumans (slimepeople, lizard people, golems, hulks etc) were covered by rule 1.

it's just that if one starts being a dick, that one in particular is valid.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #9553

85% of people who have voted agree that hulks arent human.

alien219
Byond Username: Ali-en219

Post by alien219 » #9847

You are playing a game where you are not fully in control of everything. You will be put into situations beyond your control, which will result in some rounds being ruined for you. Man up and deal with it. However, if you are obviously griefed, be sure to report it to administrators by using the ‘adminhelp’ verb.

Silicons don't need to have control over everything. Also was it actually stated that using spell mutate as a wizard would give a window for AI and borgs to attack the wizard?
"Making AI able to kill everything equally, the policy".
Helios127
Rarely plays

Post by Helios127 » #9849

alien219 wrote:You are playing a game where you are not fully in control of everything. You will be put into situations beyond your control, which will result in some rounds being ruined for you. Man up and deal with it. However, if you are obviously griefed, be sure to report it to administrators by using the ‘adminhelp’ verb.

Silicons don't need to have control over everything. Also was it actually stated that using spell mutate as a wizard would give a window for AI and borgs to attack the wizard?
"Making AI able to kill everything equally, the policy".
>Implying this is a problem

>Implying that the AI isnt trying to do what it can to "Not Harm" the wizard
just play on /vg/station, go have fun for christs sake
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #9851

alien219 wrote:You are playing a game where you are not fully in control of everything. You will be put into situations beyond your control, which will result in some rounds being ruined for you. Man up and deal with it. However, if you are obviously griefed, be sure to report it to administrators by using the ‘adminhelp’ verb.
And, so?
alien219 wrote:Also was it actually stated that using spell mutate as a wizard would give a window for AI and borgs to attack the wizard?
It's pretty simple logic.

Hulks are non-human.
Non-humans can be attacked by an ASIMOV silicon if they have reason.
Therefore, hulks can be attacked by an ASIMOV silicon if they have reason.
The wizard spell Mutate turns the user into a hulk temporarily.
Therefore, the user of the Mutate spell temporarily can be attacked by an ASIMOV silicon if they have reason.
alien219 wrote:"Making AI able to kill everything equally, the policy"
Great emotional appeal there. I give it a 0/10 does not hold water under basic logical scrutiny.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #9871

Aurx wrote:It's pretty simple logic.

Hulks are non-human.
Therefore, the user of the Mutate spell temporarily can be attacked by an ASIMOV silicon if they have reason.
Yes, it's very straight forward. I don't get what's the problem here. I'm assuming wizards get dehulked when at 25% health like normal hulks? Well, you probably won't be able to kill them anyway, even if you swing 1-2 more times after dehulking. After that you obviously have to get them medical treatment ASAP, especially if they're in critical. If you do that, banning you for few extra swings on hulk who suddenly became human will be silly.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #10608

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:
Aurx wrote:It's pretty simple logic.

Hulks are non-human.
Yes, it's very straight forward. I don't get what's the problem here. I'm assuming wizards get dehulked when at 25% health like normal hulks? Well, you probably won't be able to kill them anyway, even if you swing 1-2 more times after dehulking. After that you obviously have to get them medical treatment ASAP, especially if they're in critical. If you do that, banning you for few extra swings on hulk who suddenly became human will be silly.
Wizard is human - I may not harm them
Mutate makes him temporarily Hulk
Hulks are non-human
Mutated Wizards are non-human - I may harm them freely
They are not Hulk when the mutation ends
Non-Hulked humans are human
Wizards are human - I may not harm them again

Best get a medkit, you have to heal the wizard when they become human again, and if you kill them you broke your laws.

The way around this is to have someone upload a law that declares "Wizard McMurderboner is not human" when they are hulked, and then laugh as they cease to be human forever.

Alternatively just do this to every person that gets hulk every round and laugh like a lunatic.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #10639

Unless the wizard is in critical or other declining condition there is no impetus to have him healed. Nothing in your laws says you must undo harm except law 2 if they order you.