MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[Global] Shit got hacked bro.

Post by MrStonedOne » #74705

AND WE'RE BACK!

On a month old backup.

So somebody managed to some how log in as me, and delete all the subforums (global threads don't belong to a subforum, so their posts didn't get deleted).

Passwords changed, ips blacklisted, etc.

As far as i can tell, they didn't gain access to anything but the forum admin panel. That being said, if you want to change your password here and on any site you also used it on, that would be a safe choice.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Re: [Global] Shit got hacked bro.

Post by Loonikus » #74707

You seem like you don't know how they managed to get in. If thats the case, how can we be sure they won't use the same breach as soon as we settle back in?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #74708

I blame you loonikus
Loonikus

Post by Loonikus » #74709

Your a fool Oranges. Everyone knows I'm an unrobust scrub at anything that has to do with computers.

We both know that this was the work of the Lizards.
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #74711

Thank god the wiki was spared. Hackers, if you're reading this; you're not cool but I still love you. And if you ever do this again, I will find you and give you all of my love.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #74716

This wouldn't happen on erro forum
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #74717

callanrockslol wrote:This wouldn't happen on erro forum
WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #74720

If you have a topic you want to bring back and can bring up the old url in your access bar try putting that url into google and looking at the cache version. Until the crawler comes around again you should be able to salvage stuff until then.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #74722

MSO's password was Password1, I hope he changed it
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #74731

Malkevin wrote:MSO's password was Password1, I hope he changed it
No mang, it was the price of a cheese pizza and a large soda at Panucci's Pizza
Mastigos

Post by Mastigos » #74739

packets
Hornygranny wrote: i was wrong
Paprika wrote:Saegrimr is right.
#NEVERFORGET
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #74744

Lol phpBB
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #74746

Literally the only photo of me known to ss13 was deleted in the hack, top kek.
Also this is the second time you've been hacked, my password is just random letters and numbers at this point, i'm just assuming it's a matter of time.
I play Boris Pepper.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #74747

it's like a blast from the past

except it was only a month ago so it's more like a deja vu
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #74750

Bluespace wrote:Literally the only photo of me known to ss13 was deleted in the hack, top kek.
The motive comes out. The hackers just didn't want to look at your mug anymore. :honkman:
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Donk Honk
Byond Username: LindsaysAwhore

Post by Donk Honk » #74782

Also on the note of IP's being black listed...I noticed it was weird that earlier I was getting cut off and getting a weird message mentioning my IP being banned....

Yet some how still being able to join.

Anyway aside from that, can we tell the reason for this if any? Or was this just a "HAHAHAH LOOK WHAT I CAN DO WITH MSO'S ACCOUNT! NOW TO POST ALL THEIR EMOTICON ERP LOGS TO THE FORUM"

[I don't know why but when I picture this being said....its in a heavy French Accent.]
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #74785

it was probably some whiny little kid who got banned, like that packets guy who claimed to be behind the ddos attacks a while ago
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #74788

Hey now, never forget PACKETS

immortalised in code 5ever
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #74790

actually I think the plaque accidentally got removed from the map when the AI was put on a satellite

it's probably still in the code though
Spoiler:
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #74793

Sure seems very specific for it to be some kid that got banned.
Loonikus

Post by Loonikus » #74795

I wouldn't bet on it. It might have been purged because MUH REFERENCE POLICY.
Mastigos

Post by Mastigos » #74805

Bluespace wrote:Literally the only photo of me known to ss13 was deleted in the hack, top kek.
Also this is the second time you've been hacked, my password is just random letters and numbers at this point, i'm just assuming it's a matter of time.
http://xkcd.com/936/
Hornygranny wrote: i was wrong
Paprika wrote:Saegrimr is right.
#NEVERFORGET
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #74807

I can't ego-search my username anymore.
RIP.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #74818

It was ISIS

allahu ackbar destroy all dirty spessmen nonbeliever scum
wage cyber jihad on the infidels
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #74821

destroy the kaffir imperialist american pigdogs with the power of internet
Loonikus

Post by Loonikus » #74824

KingLouisXIV wrote:It was ISIS

allahu ackbar destroy all dirty spessmen nonbeliever scum
wage cyber jihad on the infidels
[youtube]vS3C0s3wuN4[/youtube]

TAKBIR
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #74876

mfw I don't know my password because I auto-login
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #74918

This is why we need more backups...
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #74928

Jalleo wrote:This is why we need more backups...

Working on a more automated setup, rather than my "back up when I remember to" system. Mainly something that also doesn't require me to take the site down to do as well.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #74933

Just do what I do with most communities I host, use a bash script to create a tar.gz of the MySQL database every 12-24 hours and email it to yourself.
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #75010

Jeb wrote:Just do what I do with most communities I host, use a bash script to create a tar.gz of the MySQL database every 12-24 hours and email it to yourself.

between the wiki and the forums, that tar.gz would be almost 2gb big.

The mysql database folder its self is already almost 5gb big

Doing a mysql db dump using mysqldump is waste full, time consuming, and processor consuming. It also for me takes an hour to even do. i want something that will let me do hourly backups. and i think i found a way.

The forums will be going down while i set this up when i do, but it will get give me rolling hourly backups for the last 24 hours. rolling daily backups for the last calendar week. and weekly persistent backups
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #75020

quit storing images in the sql database then, theres no way this shit should equal a 2gb database.

also, nice choice for rsync.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #75065

you know i bet the communists did this
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #75091

i have a photographic memory
i know
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #75130

Mastigos wrote:packets
PACKETS
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #75522

Miauw wrote:
Mastigos wrote:packets
PACKETS
~~PACKETS~~
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #75593

Am I crazy or has forum activity really dropped off since the hack?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #75596

Well, loads of threads are either missing a month of posting or missing altogether, which is pretty gay. People can't really be fucked to make a 'where we left off' thread for everything.
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #75758

Wait, are you seriously implying that the passwords weren't hashed?
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #75761

Or that a sensitive one was stored on github?

Edit: did anyone admit to hacking the forum anywhere?
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #75840

iyaerP wrote:Wait, are you seriously implying that the passwords weren't hashed?
PHPBB3 passwords are always hashed.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #75901

[quote="Jalleo"Edit: did anyone admit to hacking the forum anywhere?[/quote]
i think i remember someone on singulo /tg/ saying it but
that's hardly a reputable source now is it

edit: okay phpbb you can't hate me this much why don't quote tags work now fucking jesus christ
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #75907

It's because

Code: Select all

[quote="Jalleo"Edit:
should read

[quote="Jalleo"]Edit:
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #75918

The database is bloated to 5 gigs?

That would explain why egosearch often doesn't work during busy times.

Any server admin thats worked with WSUS will tell you that SQL hates large files.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #75925

DemonFiren wrote:It's because

[quote="Jalleo"Edit:
should read

[quote="Jalleo"]Edit:
i'd like to know why phpbb is deleting ]s
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #75939

User error...
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #76008

It wasn't me! I keep MSO's password to myself.
I suspect it was SOS, because he's the least likely suspect. Or maybe Putin. Or maybe.... it was YOU...

EDIT: Hah, am I the last surviving member of the "Rarely Plays" club? I play more often than I post now... maybe it should be changed to 'rarely posts'
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #76031

i hacked it
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #76279

Malkevin wrote:User error...