Subnautica - HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING?

Talk about video games here
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Subnautica - HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING?

Post by peoplearestrange » #88106

So anyone got this?

Its very early Alpha, but what there is is amazing and beautiful.
Made by Unknown Worlds (Nautral selection 2) and even the alpha graphics look amazing.

Its an odd mix of calm and HOLY SHIT IM GONNA DIE! There's also something really satifying in cruising around in a huge sub that you've scavenged parts for.

Being an Unknown worlds game I expect it to take fucking aaaaaaaaages before the final release is out, but what it'll end up as will be amazing (see NS2).
I'll try to take some screenies tonight.

Also this:

EDIT: This is also what the topic title is referring too:
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Re: Subnautica - HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING?

Post by EndgamerAzari » #88122

This game looks really gorgeous and interesting, but it unfortunately hits at least three of my phobias square in the nuts.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #88139

I was going to stream it one night because I'm agoraphobic but the copy I got my hands on crashed constantly in weird ways and had lots of bugs.

I still got freaked out multiple times by random things in the few minutes I played.

I have since been spoiled and seen some webm's of some of the new shit they added to harass the player and I'm not sure I could handle playing the game without actually having a legitimate panic attack.

Also we can all look forward to this eventually:

[youtube]tpIAio15Gy0[/youtube]

FUUUUUUUUUCK THAAAAAAAAAAT
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #88179

I happen to share SA's opinion on the ocean: Fuck that.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #88182

Fuckin' pussies. I wish I was Born on the ocean, because my crippled ass sure as hell has never gotten seasick once.
This looks wicked.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #88184

Sailing on the ocean is one thing. Tons of fun, done it a few times.

Getting down deep under the surface and screwing around with whatever might live under there?
Yeah nah.

Even in the places we've explored and know well enough people die all the time for random reasons.
We would survive longer exposed to the vacuum of space and naked than we would survive being at the bottom of the ocean in the same circumstances.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #88185

An0n3 wrote:Sailing on the ocean is one thing. Tons of fun, done it a few times.

Getting down deep under the surface and screwing around with whatever might live under there?
Yeah nah.

Even in the places we've explored and know well enough people die all the time for random reasons.
We would survive longer exposed to the vacuum of space and naked than we would survive being at the bottom of the ocean in the same circumstances.
Perhaps. But this doesn't trigger. So you is still a pussy new yorker.

Fuckin' pussy new yorkers. Treatin' me and mine like we're your backyard/garbage dump.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #88192

Have you ever even been on the ocean before you honky tonk piece of shit?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #88193

An0n3 wrote:Have you ever even been on the ocean before you honky tonk piece of shit?
Yes. I can't fuck with you though? C'mooooooon. Have a sense of humor. You're a new yorker, I'm a jersey boy, where's our antagonistic interplay.

Either way, in serious discussion, I'll probably have fun with this.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #88233

An0n3 wrote: Also we can all look forward to this eventually:

[youtube]tpIAio15Gy0[/youtube]

FUUUUUUUUUCK THAAAAAAAAAAT
Eh that doesn't look that amazing, looks like Doom3 meets Alien Isolation, but underwater.

At least subnuatics not all killer, and its more of a resource collection, freeroam kinda thing.
Anyway I really recommend you play it, it doesnt feel that claustrophobic to me (I used to get panic attack in lifts (elevators)), and im not sure how being underwater could make you feel agoraphobic (Which IIRC is fear of open spaces?).
Still its very beautiful, even if theres a lot to be added and needs doing before its a finish game.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #88242

Ok so I got the big sub and the minisub now.
When for a little explore of the infamous trench.

Things were... interesting to say the least...

Ok so I found the trench, down we go!
Spoiler:
Wow this is pretty deep already...
Spoiler:
I find a small shelf, I skirt over it and carry on down again.
Spoiler:
Ok... I seem to have reached the end of the world... Lets see how far we can get in the water till things stop existing.
Spoiler:
Wow ok thats pretty deep, we should technically be a pancake by now, I think thats as far as I can be bothered to go. (5005m)
Spoiler:
OH FUCK! The bedrocks merged again or I lost my way or something! WE'RE TRAPPED! AND IM RUNNING OUT OF ENERGY AND THEREFORE AIR...
Spoiler:
I genuinely dont know how to get back up now. I had to quit because it was actually a pretty horrific situation to be trapped under water with no way out... *shudders*
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #88630

This thing looks neat

Does it have co-op?
We could all work together to make a submarine and then have one guy steal it and wreck it on some obvious rocks.
Also underwater house construction seemed neat
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #88640

No multiplayer.

Actually come to think of it, I don't think anyone has done any kind of undersea multiplayer stuff before.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #88655

Might get it would be nice to play something by these guys ns2 looked so super cool but eh aus connections + fps multi only = no no no
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #88657

I remember playing another underwater sea game that was exactly like this w/ multiplayer before this came out, but I think they might have canceled it/ran out of money/whatever. I think I have it somewhere on my pc still, I'll scour my folders within folders within folders to find it and post back later. I don't know what it is about water that scares me. I almost drowned when I was like 9-13 and I haven't liked water deeper than 6 feet since. In video games I still don't like water, and thinking about what could be out there scares the fuck out of me. even in skyrim I had fear of going into the ocean even though I knew there wasn't anything but slaughterfish in there.

edit: found it http://store.steampowered.com/app/286340/ .
I found the .exe in my games folder but I must have deleted it or something. Also when I played it, it was free on his website and not on steam. Also I wouldn't recommend buying it, it has like zero content and it has the same amount of content when I played like a year ago when he put it on steam. It is and was only fun the first time you play it.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #88658

Yeah I remember looking at that when it was first added, but it doesn't have any kind of multiplayer either.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #88664

Is this Pressure?
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #88693

XSI wrote:We could all work together to make a submarine and then have one guy steal it and wreck it on some obvious rocks.
we all know who that guy is
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
XSI

Post by XSI » #88694

Ah well. Post vids of yourself freaking out at the undersea stuff

And pics, this stuff is shiny, link stuff
Maybe have An0n3 stream it sometime, that would be amusing
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #88733

Ricotez wrote:
XSI wrote:We could all work together to make a submarine and then have one guy steal it and wreck it on some obvious rocks.
If I had a dollar for everytime Sticky did this in Space Engineers I could buy a copy of Subnautica for most of the people in this thread.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #88766

An0n3 wrote:
Ricotez wrote:
If I had a dollar for everytime Sticky did this in Space Engineers I could buy a copy of Subnautica for most of the people in this thread.
Sticky defiantly won the "Oh you" award in Space Engineers... Man that guy crashes more ships that he actually ever finished haha!

I believe Subnautica has multiplayer eventually, but they said it probably is unlike to come before the final release. They still have a shit ton more content to put it.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #88913

Tell me when it's cheaper on Steam and I might probably hell yeah buy it.

Until then, I'll Silent Hunter my way through.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #89056

An0n3 wrote:If I had a dollar for everytime Sticky did this in Space Engineers I could buy a copy of Subnautica for most of the people in this thread.
Just posting, in case you ever get that dollar.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89059

I'm going to playtest this now. Twenty bucks seems reasonably cheap, and with a bit of luck it can get lower.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #89068

When in doubt, steam summer sales might help you out
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89143

Oh, right, it's almost summer again! Fuck yes.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #89400

Is being raped or killed by scary underwater things your fetish? (Not mutually exclusive)

If so
http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/pro ... 54095.html
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #89495

XSI wrote:Is being raped or killed by scary underwater things your fetish? (Not mutually exclusive)

If so

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89499

That might be too Japanese for me, but I'll definitely check it out.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #89592

XSI wrote:Is being raped or killed by scary underwater things your fetish? (Not mutually exclusive)

If so
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #149540

RISE!

Also they recently redid entire parts of the graphics engine, so the game actually looks even better now.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #149552

Snap purchased. Time to face my fears.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #149562

Image is large
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #149597

Built some random crap, tools mostly.
Built the radiation suit and wandered towards the aurora.

Heard some really fucked up roars and other sounds.

Nope'd the fuck back out.

Built the Sea Moth. Too afraid to get into it and putter around.

Decided to check the wiki.

See this.

Wonder if I'll ever really play this game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #149622

Sounds like you have your perfect horror game anon. Keep at it!
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #149624

Damn game makes me miss the open sea. I love it .

One day soon I hope it will have mp. It will then be my mission to terrorize my fellow old man with my lack of fear and recklessness.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #149636

ThanatosRa wrote:Damn game makes me miss the open sea. I love it .
One day soon I hope it will have mp. It will then be my mission to terrorize my fellow old man with my lack of fear and recklessness.
It is quite a beautiful game in that way. Hopefully if they ever do make it MP it'll only be coop. I think the loneliness and calmness of it all is part of is atmosphere.
Also as people have said, they updated the graphics a lot and also added a bunch more base stuff since I last played.
Including a moonpool for the smaller sub, solar panels, a water reclaimer, a scanning tool, amongst other things.

Its padding out pretty nicely.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #149645

An0n3 wrote:Built some random crap, tools mostly.
Built the radiation suit and wandered towards the aurora.

Heard some really fucked up roars and other sounds.

Nope'd the fuck back out.

Built the Sea Moth. Too afraid to get into it and putter around.

Decided to check the wiki.

See this.

Wonder if I'll ever really play this game.
I don't think that thing's in yet. But I'd totally hit it if it was.

...and if my computer wouldn't shit itself trying to run it. Something, something, maybe three years is too old for a system...

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #149653

The video saying it wasn't in was quite old. Or is only the bigger one that grabs you in? Or neither?

Drat I am learning about this that probably means I will buy it
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #149659

>decide to be a man
>start building underwater base
>pick a slightly-less-terrifying looking spot on a ridge overlooking some dunes
>go to build
>giant fucking shark thing explodes out of the sand in front of me
>scream like a bitch and quit
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #149700

Nah, Sea Dragon Leviathan isn't in yet. The Reaper Leviathan in the gif I posted is though, and will kill you. The roars you heard Anon were probably him.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #149706

I don't feel completely right with my seabases unless I'm deep enough that light doesn't penetrate the water and I have to reinforce every single pod so that I have like... two windows at absolute most. Admittedly need to cheat a little bit to have a nuclear reactor to make it work though.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #151039

Got on recommendation. Up to having sea moth and making a sea base. Turned most of my titanium into ingots thinking it was just a way to store them more efficiently nope it is all mostly useless now.

Non graspable critters need to give actual rewards for maning up and shanking them that taunting useless ragdoll ;_;.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #151064

Incomptinence wrote: Turned most of my titanium into ingots thinking it was just a way to store them more efficiently nope it is all mostly useless now.
Yup I did EXACTLY that the first time I played... I wish it was unsmeltable or whatever.
Incomptinence wrote:Non graspable critters need to give actual rewards for maning up and shanking them that taunting useless ragdoll ;_;.
You mean like the sharks? The stalker one (kelp fields) can be fed fish and then it'll collect scrap metal for you, also when it grabs metal it has a chance to drop a tooth which is useful for enamelled glass (needed for the Cyclops sub). Sand shark are just scary mofo's and the rabbitrays just look cute.

Eventually they'll include DNA extraction from most of the inedible creatures, which you then use to upgrade tools, ships and such.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #179449

Updates!

More big scary monsters added
New features for the cyclops added
Zones redone slightly
New recipes
New constructions
Exo-suit soon
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #179465

An0n3 wrote: Exo-suit soon
/M/ HYPE IS REAL

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #179504

EXOSUIT SOON.

The game is shaping out really well.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #179513

I love Subnautica!
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #179531

I'm slowly getting over my abject terror.

Saw a reaper leviathan in the distance and managed to skirt around it to scan a cyclops engine bit up in the mountains. Been dying a lot more than ever before, mostly because of those fucking crash fish that just suicide up to you and explode. So much random shit in this game just wants to kill you. Little coral things that shoot darts at you. Annoying little red fish that bite you. A couple different varieties of sharks. Stalkers. Bleeders. Stingers in caves. etc. etc. etc. I think people are safer swimming in the real ocean vs the biomes presented in this game. They seem to have forgotten that in most situations aquatic life reacts to unknown and strange life by avoidance, even most predators.

I wish the devs gave us more tools to actually fight off hostiles. The propulsion cannon and stasis rifle are kinda half-assed and only temporary solutions. Batteries are a bitch to make, especially since resources never respawn. Some kind of wearable power-source that you can recharge while in one of your habitats or vehicles would be really nice.

My biggest most consistent complaint about the game is how limited the player's air supply is. With an upgraded tank you get two minutes and forty-five seconds of O2 before you drown. This is really fucking stupid in a game you spend 99.999999% of the game under water. Modern dive gear lets people stay underwater for hours. Granted, you can't refill it by just floating back up to the surface, but then again this is world where you build a submersible out of laser beams in seconds using raw materials and a computer. There's already enough shit down there that constantly wants to kill you, constantly having the player shuttle to and fro playing touchback with different oxygen supplies is really lame and kills the immersion.

Like come on mang what is going on here. I can build a submarine that has a crush depth of only 200m, but my player dude is just fine to get out and swim even deeper than that without any risk of damage...? Apparently I'm made out of some kind of stronger than my fucking submarine is. Though I can only carry with me as much oxygen as some skin-divers are naturally able to do butt-naked. Sure. Not only is all this shit just totally illogical it's just bad gameplay. Constantly running back and forth isn't fun. Diving down, getting to look at something for 15 seconds, then having to swim back to surface because all my vehicles' batteries died and I can't find more copper ore to recharge them with because the entire sea-floor is already littered with dead batteries holy shit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #179547

Building a habitat is a great example of how tedious this shit is. I can run around outside looking at my exterior for like 15 seconds before I'm beset by three different predators. If I swim around to avoid them I very quickly have used up half my O2 and need to run back inside the base anyway. I spend more time ducking in and out of this tiny fucking airlock trying to eyeball things from outside than I do actually building or deciding on what to build. (Yes I know you can build from the inside, but it wont ever tell you why you can't place something, or in the case of curved corridors and such it doesn't show you what direction they're turning in until you've placed them, and then you need to deconstruct them from outside)

There's a lot of really cool stuff here I want to explore and play with but that O2 limit, the spawn rate on predators, the pace at which things eat through batteries vs. how complicated it is to make new batteries + the fact that the materials are finite = too much frustration for what it's worth

If it were me I would adjust the rates for things like

Starting oxygen for player 3:00 (up from 45 seconds)
With additional tank 10:00 (up from 105 seconds)
With high capacity tank 20:00 (up from 165 seconds)

Any device with a battery passively recharges over time.
Batteries are just used as construction materials to build electronic devices, not as "ammunition".

And half whatever rate they use for spawning predators. I've swam through biomes so dense with fucking sharks and other shit I start to drop frames. When I turn around and there's four goddamn different assholes chasing me, and then another one clips out of a wall and bites me, it's just fucking broken. I found this fucking wreck, sealed up tight, had to use the laser cutter to open the door, and lo-and-behold there's already a fucking sand shark in there and it lunges out of the wall and bites me. Come the fuck on.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: