35%
No, leave him banned.
38%

Total votes: 74

Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

The "UnbanTerbs" poll.

Post by Bluespace » #90091

Vote above. This is for player opinion and will probably mean nothing except to sate my curiosity.
I play Boris Pepper.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Re: The "UnbanTerbs" poll.

Post by Cheimon » #90093

Who are they and why should I care?
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #90094

A blacklisted player. If you don't know them, don't worry, most do.
I play Boris Pepper.
Blonkz
Byond Username: Blonkz

Post by Blonkz » #90095

Bring back Terbs.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #90096

FREE KINGSTONTERBS
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #90098

FREE MY NIGGA
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90099

>All these votes for back with no probation

I have been saying we should bring back terbs for years, and it is finally habbening
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Summoner
Byond Username: Summoner99

Post by Summoner » #90100

Bring back the pug!
Long time player and former admin
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #90119

Could we get some context? Why they were originally banned, what they've done to break their probation since, how long ago this was, and so on.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #90122

He did a lot to get banned Here and there stuff, final straw as far as recollection goes, He made a swastika, which Kor overturned without permission from the banner, getting him deadminned in the clusterfuck flamewar the ensuing forum drama. He later appealed and got basil, from there he worked his way back on to the main server.
HG then re perma'd him for breaking the glass in the bridge exposing shocked grills, not that bad in and of itself, but with the probation I guess.. maybe?

He also pitched a monthlong or so fit on the forums filling it with crack, heroine, and weed talk.

As far as how long, terbs has been a talking point for a very very long time, I couldn't even remember how long, 2013? something like that, it's been a long fucking time suffice to say.

Oh and he posted a picture of his balls with the words 'fuck you' drawn on them. I remember that vividly enough. shit was cray cray, but I laughed my ass off. don't remember over which incident.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #90124

2beard.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90125

http://www.ss13.eu/oldtgforum/for%20no% ... Terbs.html
Here is the bit with the swastika fri march 23 2012

http://wildhogs.kamletos.si/phpbb/viewt ... ?f=3&t=678
Here is his appeal jun 21 2013

http://wildhogs.kamletos.si/phpbb/viewt ... =7&p=52743
Then in october 2013 his appeal on the glass

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... p=159#p159
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... p=416#p416
then here on the new forums his re-appeal in april 2014 six months later

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... lit=appeal
And here is his newest appeal. oct 2014

He's appealed this every six months since it happened.
that's what I dug up, feel free to pick through it.
Last edited by Falamazeer on Sat May 23, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #90129

> Banning someone for a swastika.

I thought we didn't ban for that sort of thing here? Pretty stupid reason for a ban, tbh. I mean, I haven't seen any enforcement of political correctness on the server aside from that.

#Bringbackterbs2015
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #90134

why do you endlessly beat the dead horse, by this point it must have been resurrected in multiple different frankenstein scenarios
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #90169

I don't understand why anyone would want to unban someone that is a very divisive and bad player.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90173

it's because most this shit is pedestrian, and at what point do you drop it and let someone who wants to try to come back, back?
It's not a black and white issue, he was really entertaining and fun to play with, Else the vote wouldn't be where it is.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #90174

-Image of Swastika-

On a serious note, don't know who this is, but unban him, so if he fucks up again, we can all collectively agree to say "Fuck man.. This guys a asshole! We should ban him!"
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #90177

#FREE MY NIGGA STRATOS
#UNLOCK THE SHOCK
lol
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #90188

this is my only real impression of terbs besides his "week of fun" thing which was also great

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=631
TheTerbs wrote:imagine if you could be a dog but still have full use of your human limbs and thumbs
if he could make me laugh my ass off with stuff like more often if he's unbanned, then i don't see a very negative influence and think he at the least deserves a chance at being unbanned with temporary probation
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #90194

Terbs should have a persistant poll (with revoting allowed) determine his banness at all times, so he is utterly at the malevolent will of the community
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Post by Tunder » #90202

There are much, much worse new players doing worse shit scot-free as the administration quality begins to decline with all the server tumult and laws are not properly enforced. Terbs had his bad moments, but so do we all. Plus the nut thing took cojones. Terbs is a long-time and valuable member of this community with a lot of seasoning, and one of the most robust players we still have amidst the sever brain drain and the floods of newbs we've been getting. He has shown his loyalty to the community by sticking around for literally years after his ban, which was made on pretty weaksauce griff to begin with. To be frank, we need him.

Bring back the Terbs.
wól dir, spér, kriuze únde dorn,
wê dir, heiden, dáz ist dir zorn.
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #90207

I've played with him way back when he was still kicking and to be honest he really wasn't exceptionally bad. Ya, he toed the line every so often but it was really nothing too major and he always had some kind of reasoning to back up his actions.

Sure, bring him back. As long as he doesn't shit up OOC or the forums (Fuck it, I don't care if he shits up the forums because I can just not read his threads) with too much of his ABLOO HOO IM LIVIN DA TRASH LIFE stories than he's fine in my book.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #90210

Durandan
Byond Username: Durandan

Post by Durandan » #90216

Oh baby, good times. I'm glad all that's behind us and we're a much more cohesive, friendly, and non-judgmental community now :honkman:

On a more serious note I don't really recall ever having a problem with Terbs. I'd support an unban but would prefer it with short probation for the sake of principle.
Character: Jed Fleming [ghost]
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #90217

if he writes my name on his ass and pms it to me i will unban him
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #90218

never 4get april fools 2015
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #90220

I find it amusing that most of the mentioned people are not here anymore.

On topic. Years ago I was the main administrator for a popular forum and we had this one person who kept getting into trouble, he gets into fights and argues over petty things. Now I was new to administrating so I kept giving him chances and final warnings but nothing ever changed, so after a massive controversy I permanently banned him (and banned his alt accounts). That went well, then about half a year to a year later I start getting messages to unban him from other forum members. So eventually I relented and unbanned him.

He went well at first but not long after I had to ban him again because he went back into the same patterns.

Long story short, while some people can be convinced and forced to improve their behaviour, there are just some people that you can't change and should just be left out.

It would be nice if Terbs can integrate back in, but from what everyone else has said I'm not convinced he will remain clean.
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #90232

Free Terbs.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #90234

I like how HG, absentee headmin extraordiare, is on his list of "people who would make great headmins but never will be"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #90236

>implying HG wasnt a good headmin last term
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Fr05tByt3
Byond Username: Fr05tByt3

Post by Fr05tByt3 » #90238

Terb
"A burp caused by massive inhaling of foul(turky) without breathing. We've all had one."

If he's as robust as everyone says I'd like to play a few rounds with him.
Plus he seems funny.

FREE TERBS
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #90350

He was banned repeatively for repeatively breaking all the rules.

The actual incidences that earned him a permaban don't matter, they were built on mutiple bans and shitty behavior. on top of multiple counts of ban evading and when he could play, job ban evading.

But than again, those don't matter either.

You can get banned for one thing, and be kept banned for something else you did after getting banned, like, oh I don't know.... fucking egging somebody on to commit suicide. (Multiple times at that)
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90360

MrStonedOne wrote: fucking egging somebody on to commit suicide. (Multiple times at that)
Basicly as I said in the other thread
Falamazeer wrote:
Falamazeer wrote:Make it a permanent condition, much like the implied social contract we all abide by in this community He gets to come back so long as he never does that shit again
Pretty sure we're all under that constraint, If I were to do it, I'd be perma'd? right? same with meta friends, rape, and serial shitlerness.

So... Yeah. Not sure what that has to do with anything even if it were true, you gonna double perma him because he did it?
If you're so concerned about it, bring him back so you can punish him by taking it away if he does it again, then he won't, amiright?
There is a lot going on in the thread now, So I'm quoting myself, Saegrim, What's the difference here? if he's a fuck nugget about suiciders, that's one of those blatant shitler blanket perma ban situations
an argument about line toeing is one thing, but this literately has nothing to do with anything, He has no obligation to follow the rules of a game and community he's all but abolished from, It's unethical sure, immoral even, but fuck, Are you saying by allowing him back that rule will change in any way?

It's a rule, and he'll abide by it like every other fucker playing spessman here, Or he'll get the fuck out.

He was gone when he did it right? sure you could argue that it says something about him, but it really shouldn't outright gank his chances, this is a relatively new hotbutton issue that we as a community abide by not being fuckers about it. His return would do fuck all for overturning this policy, or in any way changing it. Right?
He acts like that, you permaban him, boom, done, the precedent is set, you do not tell unstable people to kill themselves because they very well might, it's a rule we as bunch of gamers abide by, and he will too, or he'll be out on his ass the same as me.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #90403

Thanks for the support. Fighting the good fight. Free Terbs 2015.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90407

DEMOCRACY BE DAMNED!
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90409

Who fucking locked that I want names.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #90410

The person you gave host to.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90411

Goddammit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90412

I thought the whole point of crowd funding he server was so that no one man would have that kind of executive power?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #90413

I go away for eight hours and suddenly there's another 100 posts in the unban thread.

Jeeze.
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #90414

Bluespace wrote:This is for player opinion and will probably mean nothing except to sate my curiosity.
what is this authoritarianism? admins are for the players, not the other way around
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90415

44 : 27 in favor of being unbanned

Thread locked.

I did what I could brothers.

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90417

Singulo is now useless, anything you say can and will be used against you.
Nevermind 62% of the playerbase, we gotta be sure everyone can hug things out in a safe way on an image board dedicated to 2dspessman without anyone triggering anyone.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90419

I can't believe I'd be in a thread simultaneously defending Icepacks, Terbs, and standing up for the right for people to post on Singulo without it being held against them.

Times change holy shit.

I was going to post this final response before MSO locked it up. Read at your own pleasure.
Spoiler:
Bob Dobbington wrote: I love how you always phrase what Terbs is doing in the most general possible terms, couched in terms that would be appropriate to discussing someone insulting someone else's hair. Terbs did not say a mean thing; he egged on a suicide.
Someone using his name on Singulo repeated some common knowledge edge-lord suicide tips. We've no evidence that it was actually him posting, nor any confirmation that the person he was talking to wasn't just "taking the piss". I'm inclined to discount anything anyone posts on Singulo as horseshit because it's Singulo. You seem to be repeatedly failing to grasp the concept that Singulo is Singulo. Getting shittalked for making posts on Singulo is par for the course. It's bat country. Complaining thats someone said something, however gross it was, on Singulo, is the like laying down in the middle of the road and complaining when someone runs you over. It's posting your address on /b/ and then getting upset when a bunch of pizzas and junk mail start arriving at your home. Singulo isn't policed by /tg/ nor is there any guarantee people will treat you nicely there. Like I said above, it's all up to oranges what is allowed or is not.
This glibly misunderstands the point. Nobody is coming to singulo because they think they're gonna get good counseling for their personal trauma. They were already on singulo. And for Christ's sake, An0n3, are you really trying to make the argument that using the community for "social care" is "abuse" in the fucking terbs unban thread? That's literally all he uses the community for.
Are you suggesting that /tg/station is a good place to receive quality mental and emotional care? This entire time I thought this place was setup to host a videogame and get people to play it. I've already said in a previous post how I feel about Terbs' own mental issues.
Yes, this thought process you're describing is exactly the rational and logical process that most people contemplating suicide go through. It makes perfect sense to expect people who are literally thinking about killing themselves to respect the social norms of not revealing that shit in public forums.
I would rather drive them out of here and into the arms of actually licensed professionals, or at the very least their real life friends and family. You can't honestly believe that any of what goes on here is good for anyone's mental well-being. Of everyone who has ever expressed problems I think we've cured exactly zero of them and even had a near miss with one (who thankfully was able to seek real life professional care as a result of it, thank fucking God).
He's not venting in a controlled environment, he's encouraging suicides in a deliberately uncontrolled environment. I didn't have to sort or search through shit because all of this happened a few days ago.
He's posting garbage in the garbage dump. The place you should either walk into with the expectation that you're going to see some shit, and a place anyone is easily able to heed the words of the great Tyler the Creator:

bandit wrote:I guarantee you if he's unbanned he'll start back up on the actual forums during his next bender.
You can't know that or guarantee it though. That's an assumption.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90420

I was gonna post this in the other thread but it got locked. I am not in favour of unbanning Terbs because he is my friend, he probably does not even know who I am. I want him unbanned because he is fun to play with, plain and simple. That is why we play this game right? For fun?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90421

new thread theme

[youtube]lGf2b1H91JA[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #90422

I would prefer MSO to not interfere with matters of policy other than to have their say as an admin

I've registered my displeasure but thats about all I can do

I'd appreciate if people don't bring up singulo in ban requests, you have no way of proving that someone is who they say they are unless they're tripping, which I don't believe I've ever seen terbs do.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90424

Yeah i thought we specifically had a discussion on how MSO was not going to do any of this type of shit after SoS left.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #90425

It was never resolved in any concrete way other than some vague promises.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90426

Well this opens up a whole other can of worms and i hope MSO will post to address them
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster