Nice tune, real easy

An old fashioned device, relics of a forgotten era.

"If I ever meet myself, I'll hit myself so hard I won't know what's hit me."
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Nice tune, real easy

Post by Timbrewolf » #91342

Bottom post of the previous page:

Rather than threaten to commit suicide people need to start threatening the opposite: necromancy.

IM IN MY LOCAL GRAVEYARD WITH A SHOVEL AND SOME CANDLES AND IM SERIOUS IM GONNA DO IT
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91357

I'M ON MY LOCAL FORUM WITH A COPYPASTA AND SOME YOUTUBE LINKS I'M SERIOUS I'M GONNA DO IT!
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #91386

Gas the lizards race war now
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #91387

Kot wrote:stay safe poverty ghost
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #91398

Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #91416

Kot wrote:So I was casually looking through parts of forum I don't give a shit about and then this happens/
WELL.
stay safe poverty ghost
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #91429

who cares about poverty ghosts when you can have a poverty god

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
nsos

Post by nsos » #91467

Ricotez wrote:anime
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #91500

stay safe poverty ghost
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #91640

Fuck off poverty ghost, I've already been in poverty.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #91667

The most productive thing I've done today is fart.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91674

I've been more productive, I've actually taken a dump.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #91727

Stay safe poverty ghost
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Post by Tunder » #93112

>tfw click observe during multiple bleb rounds in a row

wól dir, spér, kriuze únde dorn,
wê dir, heiden, dáz ist dir zorn.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #93214

stay safe poverty ghost
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Tunder

Post by Tunder » #93552

>There are adults who actively watch and enjoy 'professional wrestling'
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #94400

> he doesn't like it for the acrobatics and technical skill involved
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #94665

Why the fuck is it called wololo.webm
Spoiler:

ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #94757

gas the humans malf war now

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Tunder

Post by Tunder » #94768

Vekter wrote:Why the fuck is it called wololo.webm
monks from AoEII.
nsos

Post by nsos » #95613

due to a microscopic wormhole your forum posts are being spoken from a valve radio-set to a very confused 1920s mid western farmer
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #95614

i hope he enjoys my shit

my literal
shit
crack is whack but smacks got your back
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #95720

since the i killed my mentor thread got locked i will have to post this pictureh here
Tunder

Post by Tunder » #95721

ColonicAcid wrote:since the i killed my mentor thread got locked i will have to post this pictureh here

It really is a shame the gameplay is so hit or miss, the story and idea is amazing.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #96503

[youtube]Gyi75zdNr5U[/youtube]

>Spacemanspark
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #97597

Tunder wrote:
Vekter wrote:Why the fuck is it called wololo.webm
monks from AoEII.
Yeah I get that dude but how was it referencing it OH NOW I CAN'T CHECK BECAUSE YOU CHANGED IT YOU FAGGOT
Spoiler:

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #97598

If this thread gets to page 17 in 24 hours I'll post a pic of my peen

Not really but you fags need to post more
Spoiler:

TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #97611

I doubt you have an electron microscope at home, taking a picture is going to be pretty difficult faggot
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #97616

I want an Argentine Tegu but my girlfriend won't let me get one on account of her (somewhat justified) fear that it will try to eat her cat.

What do?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #97621

Convince her that Argonians > Khajiit.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #97623

TheWiznard wrote:I doubt you have an electron microscope at home, taking a picture is going to be pretty difficult faggot
I would do disgusting things for s personal electron microscope
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #98050

and your power company would do disgusting things with your body if you ever used one in your house.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #98069

Also that.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #98637

I had a double meat, double cheese chicken pizziaola sandwich from subway for lunch

My stomach has achieved nirvana.
Spoiler:

ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #98653

and your coronary arteries have reached blockvana.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #98676

Yes hello I'm fat how are you today
Spoiler:

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #98677

Dairy Queen changed the name of the strawberry cheesequake blizzard to strawberry cheesecake. What fresh hell is this?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #98788

How your American products can have such stupid names in the first place is a mystery to this European.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
nsos

Post by nsos » #98804

i'm broke and really need to buy an air conditioner but see start of sentence
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #98895

get this hot head outta here
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #98912

DemonFiren wrote:How your American products can have such stupid names in the first place is a mystery to this European.
go back to your tim hortons u are a pee'in
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #98942

Tfw I'm Canadian and we have both

Real talk though I drink a disgusting amount of coffee and Tim hortons coffee is really shit
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #100399

gibe de poosie boss
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
nsos

Post by nsos » #100847

when i refer to “thunder ass’ i am of course referring to the floating landmass above Tesco where i kicked the shit out of my mom’s bookclub admin in hand2hand cqc
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #100848

...are you Dril?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #101161

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #101519

DemonFiren wrote:How your American products can have such stupid names in the first place is a mystery to this European.
for mash, get smash
Spoiler:

nsos

Post by nsos » #101808

Spoiler:
The crocodile itself does not reproduce a tree trunk, anymore that the cha[r]meleon reproduces the color of its surrounding (D+G 5).
[1] The trainer-pokémon relationship in Pokémon is characterized by a number of interesting linguistic features. In this imaginary world, flows of power are reflected by different linguistic capabilities of trainers and their creatures. The most notable instance of this power relationship is the invocation of the pokémon by its trainer. The invocation of pokémon is formed of two parts. The trainer selects a pokeball and hurls it at the opponent while reciting the words, “I choose you,” followed by the pokémon’s name (or vice versa). The physical act of selecting the pokémon is accompanied by a verbal command on the part of the trainer, linking the physical power of release to a verbal authorization. The return to the pokeball is also conducted through command and action. The result is a linking of language to action, an authoritarian demonstration of power in which, “Language is made not to be believed but to be obeyed, and to compel obedience” ( D+G 76).

[2] On the other end of this dynamic is the pokémon itself, which typically speaks only its name and/or truncations of its name (See Appendix: Bulbasaur). This severe restriction to the pokic lexicon can be viewed as a typical instance in which authority speaks, and the subjugated minority is deprived of its ability to speak. The identities of the pokémon in this scheme are limited only to their own names, names whose main purpose serves the trainer’s need to command and differentiate between the various functions of the subjects under his or her command. Such claims are supported in the “persona” of Mewtwo, the deviant clone pokémon who seeks to establish itself as a figurehead for a Pokecentric regime—a totalitarian order in which the proletarian pokémon usurp the authority of the training class in exchange for rule by the verbally competent clone.
[3] But this view of pokémon language masks the complexity of the trainer-pokémon relationship, and itself silences to promote a unidirectional power flow from trainer to pokémon. To return to the idea that the pokémon only speak their own names—the unintelligible gibberish of the “other”—might prove useful here. Far from being a disempowered tongue, deprived of its truth-value by the master, poke-speak is encoded with a certain measure of truth, if for no other reason than, as Deleuze and Guattari posit, “Language is neither informational nor communicational” (79). In this scheme, poke-speak, as a streamlined language lacks the capacity for the effective transmission of information. While the trainer’s language pretends to the expression of choices or desires while really embodying a command (a command which is already being enacted through the throwing of the pokeball and the automated release), the pokémon’s language, on the surface, is what is it is.
[4]This is not to say, however, that poke-speak is inert or without function. To return to the idea that “Language is made not to be believed, but to be obeyed, and to compel obedience,” again provides insights into the relationship between trainer and pokémon, but this time, reveals a different relationship altogether. By creating a language that consists entirely in repetition and recombination, poke-speak takes on the characteristics of the musical refrain, described in A Thousand Plateaus as follows: “Instead, what needs to be shown is that a musician requires a first type of refrain, a territorial assemblage refrain, in order to transform it from within, deterritorialize it, producing a refrain of a second type as the final end of music: the cosmic refrain of a sound machine” (349). By establishing poke-speak as a language of eternal (or only) refrain, each new iteration of the same old thing recontextualizes it, thereby engaging in a process of perpetual deterritorialization. To clarify, Poke-speak is untranslatable in the sense that there is really only one word (the creature’s own name), but this untranslatability, through use, becomes only-translatability as the entire lexicon is bound within the language system of the single word. One word means all things and meaning can only be derived from context; meaning is constructed through refrain. “Thus the sign has already attained a high degree of relative deterritorialization; it is thought of as a symbol in constant referral from sign to sign” (D+G 112). It is a language that is always new and always old. It is a language that can only be understood through a constant strategy of translation, or movement from signifying sign to signifier.1 The language of the pokémon thus commands, but not in the ordinary sense. The language itself compels obedience to its logic of constant deterritorialization.
[5] The command of language thus becomes the command itself. The deterritorialization at the hands of language flows not from trainer to pokémon, but from pokémon to trainer. As the trainer invokes the deterritorialized subject, he or she, too, participates in the linguistic community of the pokémon. The trainer does not so much have to speak the language of the pokémon, for, “It is certainly not by using a minor language as a dialect, by regionalizing or ghettoizing, that one becomes revolutionary; rather by using a number of minority elements, by connecting, conjugating them, one invents a specific, unforeseen, autonomous becoming” (D+G 106). The trainer only has to employ the deterritorialized/deterritorializing refrain of the pokémon’s name to become something new. The invocation of the pokémon brings about a combination of parts—the trainer's autonomy is compromised through both the assemblage and the use of the alien tongue. The logic of this deterritorialization is paralleled in the way that the trainer uses the pokémon to achieve specific ends. The trainer invokes one of several pokémon based on its particular functions. A water pokémon is good against a fire pokémon, an insect pokémon is good against a plant pokémon, a plant pokémon is good against electric pokémon, etc.2 Certain situations call for the invocation of specific responses (much like a book uses your eyes in order to complete the assemblage of subject-eye-book reading machine). The pokémon serve as stand-ins for physical combat—they extend the capabilities of the body, or complete the effect-producing machine. In other words, pokémon are biotechnological prostheses. The creature in the pokeball is, metonymically, the effect of the trainer-pokeball-pokémon assemblage.
[6] To return to the linguistic operations of the trainer/pokémon dynamic, “A type of statement can be evaluated only as a function of its pragmatic implications, in other words, in relation to the implicit presuppositions, immanent acts, or incorporeal transformations it expresses and which introduce new configurations of bodies” (D+G 83). Here is the full force of the command power of the deterritorialized poke-speak. Unlike the trainer’s empty commands which pretend control, the shreds of poke-speak embedded in their language make deterritorializations occur, both physically and linguistically. The invocation of the master is supposed to occur as follows: “For sublime deeds like the foundation of a city or the fabrication of a golem, one draws a circle, or better yet walks in a circle as in a children’s dance, combining rhythmic vowels and consonants that correspond to the interior forces of creation as to the differentiated parts of an organism” (D+G 311). For the pokémon trainer, the invocation is not organized, and is thus not the invocation of the organic body. Instead, it is a simple process which only invokes a “differentiated part of an organism” –a body that is itself an organ—in other words, a “Body without Organs.”
[7] In invoking the rhizomatic BwO through the sideways slipping speak of the pokémon, the trainer is involved in the process of “becoming-animal” by becoming part of a deterritorialized assemblage of trainer-pokeball-pokémon in which the pokémon’s effect is indistinguishable from the effect of the trainer. The victory of the pokémon is the victory of the trainer, and this process of identification moves the trainer sideways through the assemblage. The smooth space established across the assemblage creates a continuity in which true sublimity of the invocation can be realized, “the golem” invoked is not the monstrous “Other” of the pokémon (or pocket monster), but it is the invocation of the machinic and alien monstrosity of the assembled self. The reality expressed is not the reality of the trainer’s command, but the “becoming-“ reality of poke-speak itself: “The becoming-animal of the human being is real, even if the animal the human being becomes is not” (D+G 238).
[8] In relation to capital, this linguistic dynamic is evident in the relations between the first and third world nations. Deleuze and Guattari explain, “When international organization becomes the capitalist axiomatic, it continues to imply a heterogeneity of social formation, it give rise to and organizes its ‘Third World’” (436-37). In a world which frames labor relations along the lines similar to the trainer/pokémon dynamic, reducing native tongues to gibberish, while the master’s tongue globalizes, the parallels are quite evident. And as with pokémon, it is easy to construe a monodirectional flow of power, but here as elsewhere deterritorialization is occurring in interesting ways. Rather than craft an apology for exploitation or pretend that third world subjects are in control of first world corporate heads, I am trying to outline a situation in which the deterritorializing logic of deterritorialization exists external to the traditional conceptions of power, always changing the rules and relationships between labor and capital. In the most basic sense, the third world as a source of labor, a market, and a location of the imaginary (global music, cuisine, crafts, and tourism) exerts an influence on the first world that exceeds the mere sum of center and margin—the synthesis itself creates a system by which dualities do not provide easy answers.
[9] In defining the “Other” language as that which is “only-translatable,” the center engages in the process of “invoking” its own monstrous self as an effect-producing assemblage. The person or body of persons occupying the “trainer” position engages in a process of becoming-other, or deterritorialization. Rather than claim this rhizomaticization of capitalist logic as a victory (poetic or otherwise), this “postmodernization”3 (to use Jameson’s concept) of capital is perhaps a nomadization of the capital normally associated with the State. It is an evolution: the labor pains of the Nomad State: the State of Speed.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #101853

I read 'crocodile' and 'reproduce', I think I'mma...inspect this very closely later.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #102332

Life is too short to not be happy and we will all die before we know what happiness truly means to us.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #102369

YOUR MOM IS TOO SHORT! OOOOOOOOOH!

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med