The animoo catgirl PR shudders and begins to move!

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

The animoo catgirl PR shudders and begins to move!

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #99337

Last edited by Not-Dorsidarf on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Adds furry limbs as a character optiomn

Post by DemonFiren » #99338

Please no.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #99343

Mirroring from the github:

When I said people could expand it easily to other mutant races / humans I meant like scars or rad tats or something.

I don't know how to feel about this, it's several steps past silly to me.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #99345

No furrys please.
Thank you.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #99350

Please, no. Special snowflake lizards I can deal with, but cat ears and tails on HUMANS is crossing the line.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #99351

Jesus Christ no.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #99353

At least make it a new species instead of just "furry".

Like you could add sergals or something shameless like that.

Not that Id be an advocate for it.
Mime: Depresso
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #99354

invisty wrote:At least make it a new species instead of just "furry".

Like you could add sergals or something shameless like that.

Not that Id be an advocate for it.
What's your fursona? Mine's Kilrathi.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #99355

I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #99365

Good, but not quite in the right way. A separate catperson/monkeyperson race itself might work, but fluffless tails and ears don't make sense biologically.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #99366

Lumbermancer wrote:What's your fursona? Mine's Kilrathi.
If I told you Id have to eat you ;)
Mime: Depresso
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #99367

Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #99376

>people either love this PR with all their heart or hate it with a burning passion

No but seriously, this was just a fun little side project I did when I needed a break from Dismemberment. It's interesting to see how polarized the community is on cat ears, but the majority of people appear to be opposed so it's probably not going to get pulled.

Before we get to that point, though, I hope for more code-related comments. Also, what if these accessories are not pickable at roundstart, but mutations and admin fuckery can still give them to you?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #99379

Ricotez wrote:admin fuckery can still give them to you?
You mean like Lizard used to be? Mark my words, if this gets into game in any form, it will eventually become its own thing.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #99381

Oh for god sake...
NO!
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #99382

Leave human customization to WJ he has a lot more planned than this.
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #99384

Absolutely not.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #99398

Lumbermancer wrote:
Ricotez wrote:admin fuckery can still give them to you?
You mean like Lizard used to be? Mark my words, if this gets into game in any form, it will eventually become its own thing.
This. Remember when stuff like deathsquads/ERT was a super-rare thing that took everyone by suprise because it took a tonne of effort for admins to setup?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #99415

If you're gonna add animal-people, you're missing some:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #99419

CosmicScientist wrote:The title made me think this meant super-hairy arms and legs because space men and women need to shave.
dorsi, could you update the title of this thread to be a bit more detailed about the PR? something like "adds optional cat ears and tails to humans"
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #99421

Please, it's hard enough to explain my fascination with this game when the background noise is ASS ABORTION ASS ASS ASS ABORTION CAPTAIN IS A ASS ABORTION.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #99428

I am ok with cat people, Kajeets and what not, because they are cash as fuck.

Tas'ee and Kar'vee and Mjye'sess are cat names

I am not ok with people that have cat limbs.

kasandrina the deviant / xXxsmokeomiconstodayxXx are furry names

If you are furry, i recommend you burn in darkest depths of hell.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #99440

I think adding tails and cat ears to people is dull. It's unimaginative, it adds nothing to the science fiction theme, it doesn't make sense, and then finally it promotes what already looks like a slightly strange subculture to a lot of people here.

I don't hate it, but I don't see what it adds. If you want more mutantraces, I think that could be great, but they ought to be creative, fit the brief (wacky futuristic space station) and have a noticeable gameplay difference. Lizards have all that, mostly (being a 'lesser race' is their gameplay difference, and adding more 'lesser races' does nothing to diversify that), so if you're adding something new, add something that's actually new. Not just 'human, but with a tail'.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #99442

John_Oxford wrote:I am ok with cat people, Kajeets and what not, because they are cash as fuck.

Tas'ee and Kar'vee and Mjye'sess are cat names

I am not ok with people that have cat limbs.

kasandrina the deviant / xXxsmokeomiconstodayxXx are furry names

If you are furry, i recommend you burn in darkest depths of hell.
Yeaaah, I do see this pop up a lot. Humanoid-animal-aliens have been in sci-fi/fantasy for fucking ever but it's like people are terrified of the possibility they might catch the gay or something if they play something with them in.

(half-humans like catgirls are weeaboo as hell though)
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #99447

i'm not against it

i mean what year is it 2555 or whatever muh genetic splicing

you're going to hit a solid wall of muh furries though and i'd be hypocritical to say that you should push this in over the majority opinion when i advocate the majority opinion for everything else

RIP half-catgirl medbay whores, RIP
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #99476

if someone gets me scar sprites or some other kind of accessory that you wouldn't mind seeing on humans, I can recycle this code in another PR that will hopefully receive less hate

sprites work best if they're greyscale, because I can use the colour var or Blend() proc to colourize them. also the code makes a distinction between accessory sprites for humans and lizards, so you can keep lizard snouts or tails in mind while spriting.
Spoiler:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #99478

Fine by me, should be something you can get in the genetics lab too.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #99486

this was the big joke on singulo/in the forums after the big custom lizards thing came out ("Haha what's next a new race that's literally just humans with cat ears?")
now it's a real thing being discussed on whether or not it should be in the game
what the fucking fuck why
please make it stop
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #99492

well that was an adventure

the community has democratically decided that this PR is shit. it's is closed now, there is no need to be upset anymore
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #99499

and thus it exited as quickly as it had entered
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99500

To be honest, when I first read the thread title I was thinking about hairy arms and legs.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #99505

DemonFiren wrote:To be honest, when I first read the thread title I was thinking about hairy arms and legs.
Me too, like, bear arms and shit. That might be fun in a sort of biotek way, though not as a roundstart race. Sacrifice dexterity and fire resistance for big ol' claws.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99515

I want owl wings, then.

Or maybe talons, because EAAAGLE CLAAAAW (or falcon punch.)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #99520

Cheimon wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:To be honest, when I first read the thread title I was thinking about hairy arms and legs.
Me too, like, bear arms and shit. That might be fun in a sort of biotek way, though not as a roundstart race. Sacrifice dexterity and fire resistance for big ol' claws.
second amendment
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #99522

the pr is closed everyone
go home
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #99540

Xhuis wrote:the pr is closed everyone
go home
yiff in hell, furfags
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #99565

Malkevin wrote:
Xhuis wrote:the pr is closed everyone
go home
yiff in hell, furfags
We won. We beat the furfags.

Now we'll just wait until the supreme court issues an order to add furry's.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Ricotez

Re: Catgirl_status = "slayed"

Post by Ricotez » #99635

Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99646

I think the proper past participle is 'slain'.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #99648

While this is beating a dead horse (heh) I vehemently disagree with any change that adds in generic furry races to the game, at bare minimum any new alien races must be a uniquely made and sprited one, not a human with fur and cat ears.

I've seen what other servers with furry like creates are like, and I don't want any of that on this server.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #99653

Cheimon wrote:If you want more mutantraces, I think that could be great, but they ought to be creative, fit the brief (wacky futuristic space station) and have a noticeable gameplay difference.
The problem I have with this is that the more shit like this you introduce, the more bland the standard Humans will look in comparison, and the less they will be played. And Space Men on the Space Station will become Space Creatures in the Space Zoo.

How many people you'd think would play Plasmamen if they were made other race?
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #99676

CosmicScientist wrote:your "spacesuit" is not space worthy.
Uhhh, yes it is.

Code: Select all

/obj/item/clothing/suit/space/eva/plasmaman
not to mention I'm the one who ported plasmamen, so I should know.
私は完璧
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #99711

Lumbermancer wrote:
Cheimon wrote:If you want more mutantraces, I think that could be great, but they ought to be creative, fit the brief (wacky futuristic space station) and have a noticeable gameplay difference.
The problem I have with this is that the more shit like this you introduce, the more bland the standard Humans will look in comparison, and the less they will be played. And Space Men on the Space Station will become Space Creatures in the Space Zoo.

How many people you'd think would play Plasmamen if they were made other race?
But there are ways to compensate for this. Serious disadvantages to go with advantages. Restriction from certain jobs (not just command, as with lizards, you could restrict to a single department, to a single job, or even to only assistant). You could buff humans by allowing them to choose from a selection of human-only roundstart upgrades or cosmetics, like tattoos or whatever. You could even add roundstart nerfs to certain races, like being forced to carry a particular implant that made you unable to fire guns, or whatever (muh grimdark).

I think it's totally possible to make humans the most preferable option and still have a species diverse station.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #99809

These are the felinids that should be added.
[youtube]iUuvHPr4BGk[/youtube]
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #99829

PR reopened by popular demand (?) (???)

I'm (and by extension all of us are) probably being trolled so I'll let the people with the Green Button decide
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #99830

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99832

Okay, this is getting hilarious.

Make real space-khajiit happen, but make it clear those are even below liggers, don't get any responsible jobs (no loyalty implants, no QM, maybe only service?) and are, of course, as valid as ERPers.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #99835

DemonFiren wrote: don't get any responsible jobs
working on that right now
Spoiler:
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #99836

Please stop, Cat Girl 2015 is just shitpostin I swear
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99840

Please make them completely furry, and very easily flammable, if you're doing it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: