Litches phylactery

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
cultist-chan
Byond Username: Corruptroulette

Litches phylactery

Post by cultist-chan » #99929

Litches are fun, I'll give you that but they are a bit overpowered as is. RISE is a great spell and kinda a no brainer at this point. The issue I have with it is that nobody can ever find the litches phylactery. I think it needs to be more obvious like it glows occasionally. In addition it shouldn't be able to be hidden in places we never look like in the toliets. Also it should break if picked up by mortals.

Also there should be a way to find it better than the current way...
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Re: Litches phylactery

Post by invisty » #99932

Liches are already so rapidly being directed towards the gibber/crematorium that by the second time they die, they haven't a hope against a validhunter.

Shouldn't they turn into ghosts between their death and resurrection?
Mime: Depresso
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #99933

When a lich resurrects there's a message that gives the general direction of where the phylactery is. The problem here is that anything better than that and it would probably be extremely easy to find.

Gibbing the body before it can resurrect also stops the resurrection. I know that isn't very lichlike but it's a limitation of the system because spells don't survive the destruction of the mob. It will need to be reworked before I can really do anything about it.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #99945

It would be nice to have a longer cooldown for resurrection though. I was observing a lich round yesterday and the lich respawned faster than I could ghost-jump to his phylactery location.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #99946

that's because the cooldown also recovers while they're alive. You have to either kill them rapidly and/or frequently enough to build up a buffer.

I could probably make it only cooldown whilst dead, but it'd make the spell terrible unless I also fixed the "gibbing the body removes spells" thing I mentioned before.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #99955

Yes the gibbing ending the lich for good doesn't make sense and should be fixed.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #99994

Incoming wrote:that's because the cooldown also recovers while they're alive. You have to either kill them rapidly and/or frequently enough to build up a buffer.

I could probably make it only cooldown whilst dead, but it'd make the spell terrible unless I also fixed the "gibbing the body removes spells" thing I mentioned before.
Just fix the gibbing the body removes spells thing.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #100102

Yea people commenting on the cooldown aren't accounting for the fact the wizard can just chill in one of those secret maint spots for a couple minutes before resuming the slaughter to ensure they aren't caught off timer.

Even being able to revive ONCE as a wizard is huge given how hard they can be to pin down and kill, Lich is pretty much a guaranteed 4-5 lives unless you have a glorious suicide bomber. I think the indicators could use a few buffs to make the phylactery just a guaranteed safety that will never be found. Even just a small low-level light emanating from it would be nice.