The animoo catgirl PR shudders and begins to move!

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Re: Adds furry limbs as a character optiomn

Post by Cheimon » #99711

Bottom post of the previous page:

Lumbermancer wrote:
Cheimon wrote:If you want more mutantraces, I think that could be great, but they ought to be creative, fit the brief (wacky futuristic space station) and have a noticeable gameplay difference.
The problem I have with this is that the more shit like this you introduce, the more bland the standard Humans will look in comparison, and the less they will be played. And Space Men on the Space Station will become Space Creatures in the Space Zoo.

How many people you'd think would play Plasmamen if they were made other race?
But there are ways to compensate for this. Serious disadvantages to go with advantages. Restriction from certain jobs (not just command, as with lizards, you could restrict to a single department, to a single job, or even to only assistant). You could buff humans by allowing them to choose from a selection of human-only roundstart upgrades or cosmetics, like tattoos or whatever. You could even add roundstart nerfs to certain races, like being forced to carry a particular implant that made you unable to fire guns, or whatever (muh grimdark).

I think it's totally possible to make humans the most preferable option and still have a species diverse station.
Malkevin

Re: Catgirl_status = "slayed"

Post by Malkevin » #99809

These are the felinids that should be added.
[youtube]iUuvHPr4BGk[/youtube]
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #99829

PR reopened by popular demand (?) (???)

I'm (and by extension all of us are) probably being trolled so I'll let the people with the Green Button decide
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #99830

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99832

Okay, this is getting hilarious.

Make real space-khajiit happen, but make it clear those are even below liggers, don't get any responsible jobs (no loyalty implants, no QM, maybe only service?) and are, of course, as valid as ERPers.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #99835

DemonFiren wrote: don't get any responsible jobs
working on that right now
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #99836

Please stop, Cat Girl 2015 is just shitpostin I swear
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99840

Please make them completely furry, and very easily flammable, if you're doing it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #99841

I'm just waiting for this thing to end, if it does end up getting pulled I'll expand the authority system to give more freedom in deciding who can pick what roles

and if it doesn't then nobody will miss that feature
Spoiler:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #99843

Only humans belong in Security.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99850

Scones wrote:Only humans belong in Security.
Hiss, get out.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #99862

it seems that catgirls have 9 lives
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #99864

Cats don't belong in, uhh, any department except maybe service. And even then, I don't want hairs in drinks and food. At least lizards don't shed. Maybe make it an assistant-only race? That could be interesting. On the other hand, Cat-tains and Heads of Pawsonnel sound good if they're entirely valid.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #99979

currently taking the risk that this is all just a big troll and I'm just wasting even more time, ive restricted mutants to civilian and lower supply roles (so no QM). if you want another job you'll have to hope the hop is not in favour of racial cleansing. lizards remain unchanged in their job restrictions, by the way.

if someone jumps out at the last moment and yells APRIL FOOLS WERE NOT MERGING ill bash their skull in with the June page of a calendar
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #99986

This better be a joke.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #99990

Steelpoint wrote:This better be a joke.
I would hope so too like Goof trying to add Tajarans.

Now my one hope is if this gets merged... WHICH IT SHOULDN'T. Then you should be able to valid kill any mutants in the name of the holy emperor of Nanotrasen. PURGE THE UNCLEAN MUTANTS
Last edited by MisterPerson on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed response to shitposting
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #99995

almost all of you, both against and in favour of, immediately boil this damn thing down to catgirls when all I wanted to do was add some more variation in species by adding optional mutant parts to humans rather than completely new species. the cat stuff just happened to be convenient because I could split the kitty ears sprites up to create them

please do treat mutants as dirt (as far as rule 1 permits), it creates interesting dynamics and gives lizards someone to look down on.
Spoiler:
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #99996

Ricotez wrote:almost all of you, both against and in favour of, immediately boil this damn thing down to catgirls when all I wanted to do was add some more variation in species by adding optional mutant parts to humans rather than completely new species. the cat stuff just happened to be convenient because I could split the kitty ears sprites up to create them

please do treat mutants as dirt (as far as rule 1 permits), it creates interesting dynamics and gives lizards someone to look down on.
Remove furry shit add horrible mutations like insectoid features or partial scales.

Then mutants can just be Subhuman scum

Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #99997

i hate lizard customization and i hate human customization, but if lizards are completely shat up maybe we can shit up humans too so people realize just how shitty it is and remove them both.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #99998

Can we get rid of the customization? Its really starting to get absurd in game with the Lizards and the last thing I want is the same treatment to occur for Humans.

Honestly I think the only extent that customization should go is hair and skin colour, maybe horns for lizards but thats it.
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #100001

Miauw wrote:i hate lizard customization and i hate human customization, but if lizards are completely shat up maybe we can shit up humans too so people realize just how shitty it is and remove them both.
Ah yes, and then Skeletons will become the primary race aboard Space Station 13, as god intended. + :honkman:
Steelpoint wrote:Honestly I think the only extent that customization should go is hair and skin colour, maybe horns for lizards but thats it.
I'd more or less agree with this, though I think it'd be neat if you could select tatoos and scars, and other small things.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #100003

Yes but don't forget as Miauw noted the more customizations we have the harder it is to disguise as someone.

Hell, just having Lizards as a round start race makes it impossible for a Human to disguise as a Lizard and vice versa.
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #100016

Steelpoint wrote:Yes but don't forget as Miauw noted the more customizations we have the harder it is to disguise as someone.

Hell, just having Lizards as a round start race makes it impossible for a Human to disguise as a Lizard and vice versa.
Oh, I didn't think about that. That's a rather valid point. Sounds like it'd be better to just leave everything about human as-is for now, then.
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Re: The animoo catgirl PR shudders and begins to move!

Post by TrustyGun » #100018

The reason I don't want this is because we have all of the alien customization we have in lizards, doubly so with the new customization. Not only that, the race is literally humans with car tails and ears, which is as unoriginal as you can get.
Last edited by MisterPerson on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quit being a drama queen
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #100020

just make the option for cat ears and tail on female characters only
catgirls 2015
I play Boris Pepper.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #100021

Bluespace wrote:just make the option for cat ears and tail on female characters only
catgirls 2015
Finally: A solution that makes everyone happy.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #100026

newfren wrote:
Bluespace wrote:just make the option for cat ears and tail on female characters only
catgirls 2015
Finally: A solution that makes everyone happy.
Not at all

Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #100040

A final solution.
Bomb the showers, Eliminate yowling cat sex forever.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #100042

Falamazeer wrote:A final solution.
Bomb the showers, Eliminate yowling cat sex forever.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
zionn
Byond Username: Zionn

Post by zionn » #100096

Make them valid and I'll say yes.
cultist-chan
Byond Username: Corruptroulette

Post by cultist-chan » #100097

Make Plasma men playable as a race.

If you do I'll meekly submit to your totalitarian coder rule.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #100148

Ricotez wrote: if someone jumps out at the last moment and yells APRIL FOOLS WERE NOT MERGING ill bash their skull in with the June page of a calendar
oops
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #100151

because of all the shitposts on the PR the comments section is now locked

this also blocks my access to the close button

it's literally out of my hands now, I can no longer close the PR

EDIT: praise cheridan, please put an end to this entire fucking thing one way or the other
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #100189

Steelpoint wrote:Yes but don't forget as Miauw noted the more customizations we have the harder it is to disguise as someone.

.... sudden ideas for a tator disguise kit.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #100203

catgirls 2015
no no no, we need fat neckbearded men with purple long hair running around with ears and tails greytiding
then and only then will this change ever, ever be worthwhile
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #100212

it's admin only right now, full system is still in, you just can no longer access it from character setup

anything beyond that is just too controversial and I am honestly just tired of the whole thing
Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #100222

Liggers < Kat people, cause their cash as shit < Normal humans

Liggers are still the lowest form of life on the face of the universe.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.