What CAN security get in trouble for these days?

Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

What CAN security get in trouble for these days?

Post by Oldman Robustin » #306734

1) Literally do nothing except report crime early in the shift

2) Sec repeatedly and wordlessly stuns me as I stand still in maint

3) I bitch about it on radio and someone drags me away

4) Another officer chases me down and stuns me again, I shout "SEC HAS TURNED ON THE CREW! FIGHT BACK!"

5) Sec harmbatons me all the way to perma and then tosses me in a sealed cell

6) Get told its valid because I tried to incite a riot

At this point why even have a brig? Just give every officer a box full of lethal injection because they can apparently sprint around maint shooting anyone they like without saying anything and then kill me if they point out that I'm acting more like an antag than the actual fucking antags that round (this was actually true). No wonder posing as security as a ling is GODMODE - I dont' blame 99% of our players for not wanting to even touch a sec officer, even one with an armblade, when even sneezing in their direction is now grounds for taking you out of the round.

How about we start enforcing Rule 1 on Officers again? Or better yet can we get rid of "random arrests" under code blue. Someone slipped in the word change in a PR from "Probable" to "Random" searches under Code Blue and that timing has basically coincided with all of my worst encounters with security when security has the greenlight to fuck with a good 25% of your round for absolutely no reason, it leads to this sort of shitty policy where sec can take a big shit on your round for absolutely no reason but also take a nice permanent shit on your round if you so much as look at them funny.
Last edited by Oldman Robustin on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: What CAN security get in trouble for these days?

Post by onleavedontatme » #306776

I agree with the sentiments you are expressing but nobody likes touching security policy threads so this will go nowhere

Also the various checks we used to have on security aren't coming back for various reasons

1) Secborgs aren't coming back because they make everyone mad with their infinite disabler and validhunting etc

2) Being allowed to kill them when they act insane isn't going to come back because our escalation rules are basically gone and admins have shown no appetite for risking killbaiting to loosen them up

3) Admin micromanaging security has always been a sticking point, and security has to deal with all kinds of nonsense from players and the conversion modes so its hard to tell between security griefing and security playing how the game requires sometimes

4) They aren't antags so everyone will trust them forever
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #306779

If you try to resist a wrongful arrest your only option is to kill the Security officer. If you fend them off and explain why they're wrong they'll come back with either more guns or more friends and arrest/perma/space you for "attacking" them.

Unless you have someone like Sunny in sec

It's shitty
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #306783

Lazengann wrote:If you try to resist a wrongful arrest your only option is to kill the Security officer. If you fend them off and explain why they're wrong they'll come back with either more guns or more friends and arrest/perma/space you for "attacking" them.

It's shitty
You'll get banned for that though so your best bet is to flee to space/lavaland and explore ruins or sneak into robotics to get borged if you want to keep playing
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #306785

Depends if you get a goodmin or not

The strategy is that you heal them after the admin gets involved because they probably won't go after you once the admin says it's resolved
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #306787

>Be me, Ostrava of Nanotrasen. Security officer
>Hear Robustin shouting about how the crew should attack sec and how we're against the crew
>:s Hey can we warrant Robustin hes trying to start a riot
>Riot starts but is broken up very quickly, freon and plasma almost released in front of the brig.
>Find robustin lurking around maint, taze him and begin cuffing him
>Greytiders bumping me during cuffing, cant finish it now or Ill be robusted
>he starts screaming bloody murder about how I'm killing him and tries to start a second riot over comms
>harm baton his greytiding stupid face while I bring him to sec as he shouts at passersby to kill me
>get him to perma, he tries to convince other officers im rogue
>in perma he tries to convince the captain hes done "literally nothing"
>unironically shouting 4noraisins
>captain doesn't care so I perma him, as well as the greytider who rushed in to break him out
>forget about the whole thing
>he breaks out, acquires id, acquires mask
>I have no idea hes out of perma, his identity is disguised, I haven't been outwardly hostile towards his new identity
>The station is in shambles, after all this happened I spent 20 minutes putting out plasma fires, the AI locked down the brig, it has no power and the doors are bolted
>He whips a fucking spear at me
>Taze him and say listen no more spears before I'm about to let him go
>"You deserve it"
>See its Robustin
>oWo
>Drag his silly face to maint and stun bludgeon him to death
>Ahelps that security killed him for no reason
>somehow isn't banned for ban baiting
>lies in ghost chat about never having hit me once
>decides he wants to test his luck twice and makes a policy thread where he blatantly lies about what happened in an effort to have the admin crack down on a security player that doesnt exist

smh fam
Last edited by Nilons on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #306788

or here's a shocking option

just wait out the sentence and leave

99% of security adminhelps I get would not even have to exist if the players waited out the sentence without causing shit, instead of disarming officers to steal their weapons (in almost all those cases), dragging or being dragged off by other prisoners, saxing forever, and generally being as obnoxious as possible
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #306790

bandit wrote:or here's a shocking option

tbh I would've given him 10 minutes tops if he hadn't been such a disruptive cunt about the arrest
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #306792

bandit wrote:or here's a shocking option

I wouldnt let any other player hold me captive for no reason for 25% - 30% of the round, not going to give security a free pass either.

Sounds like the OPs situation was justified on securities part though
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal125 » #306798

>Clock Cult.
>No implant.
>Get dragged to brig.
>Escape.
>Get chased.
>Scream about Security turning on the crew. Tell the crew to turn against Security.
>Get got.
>Get dragged to the brig.
>Argue.
>Get dragged to Perma.
>Scream about Harm despite not being harmed. Trying to get the crew/AI to do something.
>Attempt Escape again.
>Get got, again.
>Get tossed in a cell.
>Escape again.
>Get AI to bolt Security, citing harm. Despite never being harmed.
>Shift ends.
>Lie in OOC about it and try to make Security seem like shitters who turned against the crew, and abuse authority. again.
>Adamantly refuse to listen when people tell you why you were brigged, calling them shitters when they tell you why.
>Make a Policy Thread.
>Misconstrue facts and lie in the Policy thread, too.
>????
>Profit!

#JustRobustinThings
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #306802

Pascal125 wrote:>Clock Cult.
>No implant.
>Get dragged to brig.
>Escape.
>Get chased.
>Scream about Security turning on the crew. Tell the crew to turn against Security.
>Get got.
>Get dragged to the brig.
>Argue.
>Get dragged to Perma.
>Scream about Harm despite not being harmed. Trying to get the crew/AI to do something.
>Attempt Escape again.
>Get got, again.
>Get tossed in a cell.
>Escape again.
>Get AI to bolt Security, citing harm. Despite never being harmed.
>Shift ends.
>Lie in OOC about it and try to make Security seem like shitters who turned against the crew, and abuse authority. again.
>Adamantly refuse to listen when people tell you why you were brigged, calling them shitters when they tell you why.
>Make a Policy Thread.
>Misconstrue facts and lie in the Policy thread, too.
>????
>Profit!

#JustRobustinThings
like pottery
Signature Memes

Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #306810

shit I don't want to be associated with robustin now someone delete my posts for me
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #306811

I still believe security is scrutinized more so than others; but it has gotten lax I will admit with much more easier tools to teleport people away to the gulag and constant conversion modes that make policing security really shitty as they're team B.
I'll acknowledge I haven't been active as of late so I can be out of touch. Generally, with security adminhelps the person ahelping often leaves out information when you check the logs to see what's going on that ends in that it played out ICly. Much like this policy thread appears to be leaving out information. If someone is acting out of justification for their arrests or throwing people into perma for no real purpose they get banned. In fact, checking the band database shows that active admins do punish for this behavior as these are some the most recent bans I see in there.

Honestly, I don't think much will improve in regards to security as long as we continue down the path of conversion modes being so heavy. Punishing security for playing harshly because they gamemode forces them into it is trash as they are made out to be primarily the other team.
Freedom
bandit

Post by bandit » #306812

TehSteveo wrote:Honestly, I don't think much will improve in regards to security as long as we continue down the path of conversion modes being so heavy. Punishing security for playing harshly because they gamemode forces them into it is trash as they are made out to be primarily the other team.
This is another huge factor -- when I first started playing the unofficial policy was "rev is hands-off," i.e. admins agreed to not even bother with adminhelps during rev rounds for this very reason. (It was also one of only two conversion rounds at the time, but cult tended to be less chaotic.)

admin feedback pls
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #306813

Lazengann wrote:If you try to resist a wrongful arrest your only option is to kill the Security officer. If you fend them off and explain why they're wrong they'll come back with either more guns or more friends and arrest/perma/space you for "attacking" them.

It's shitty
Yea this drives me up the wall too.

Your only option for dealing with sec as a nonantag is to run. You do ANYTHING to get them off of you and you're dead. Throw soap behind you? You're valid. Disarm an officer? You're valid. They start using lethals or make it clear you're dead and so you use lethal force back? *BWOINK*

I wouldn't even mind having my self-defense options limited if sec correspondingly had to fucking chill with taking people out of the round but thats not our policy. Today was literally the first case out of all my 1000's of rounds where I've been taken out of a calm round simply for yelling about security acting like shit on the radio, and not just to stir some shit up, but because I had security stunning and trying to arrest me for existing in maint.

At the very least we could go back to probable cause rules. Its really incredibly shitty when security can wordlessly attack you as youre standing around but even the most innocuous defense will get you killed/gulag'd/perma'd. With probable cause at least we'd have a starting point for deciding if it was appropriate for the person to be wordlessly shot at, and if wasn't then the officer shouldn't have to right to kill people for acting like any sane person would when an officer just wordlessly chasing you around with stuns that guarantee you end up dead if the officer turns out to be an antag in disguise.
bandit

Post by bandit » #306815

Oldman Robustin wrote:Today was literally the first case out of all my 1000's of rounds where I've been taken out of a calm round simply for yelling about security acting like shit on the radio, and not just to stir some shit up, but because I had security stunning and trying to arrest me for existing in maint.
But you didn't just yell about security being shit, by your own admission you yelled: "SEC HAS TURNED ON THE CREW! FIGHT BACK!" (bolding mine). And from the looks of it, it appears that people did in fact "fight back". If there's an interpretation of this that doesn't involve inciting a riot I'd sure like to hear it.

admin feedback pls
Pascal125

Post by Pascal125 » #306816

He did the same thing when i grabbed him during a gang round a week or so ago.

Right as i was dragging him to the brig and getting him to the implants he started screaming "SECURITY IS GANG! DON'T TRUST SECURITY, THEY'RE ROGUE" And IIRC even telling them specifically to dunk me by name. He wasn't even a gang member, either.

Then, when i finally implanted him he was basically like "FUCK SEC I'M NOT HELPING" And ran off saying he was implanted and asking for gangs to break his implant and convert him or something of the sort.
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #306818

Can we dole out post-round bans for these (Pascal and Nilons) cunts lying their ass off about what happened:

- I didn't yell about security until one stunned me twice as I literally stood still in an open area of maint. The first officer wasn't even talking, he was just shooting at anything that had a pulse so I reacted appropriately.

- I was harm batoned several times being dragged to the brig, this wasn't a lie, I literally had a blood trail behind me you dumb fuck

- There was never a riot and I only told the crew to fight back against the security who had turned on the crew. Your logic of "Antags do antag shit at some indefinite point after Oldman yelled about shitcurity on radio, ergo Oldman started it" is terrible.

- You threw me in perma because I yelled about being harmbatoned as an unarmed assistant with no contraband, no criminal record, not a single finger laid on security, but simply because I said mean things on the radio about shitcurity acting like shitcurity.
Last edited by Oldman Robustin on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pascal125

Post by Pascal125 » #306821

I'm willing to wager myself against you.
If they check and i'm lying. They can ban me.
If they check and you're lying, they ban you.
Sound fair?
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #306822

Pascal125 wrote:He did the same thing when i grabbed him during a gang round a week or so ago.

Right as i was dragging him to the brig and getting him to the implants he started screaming "SECURITY IS GANG! DON'T TRUST SECURITY, THEY'RE ROGUE" And IIRC even telling them specifically to dunk me by name. He wasn't even a gang member, either.

Then, when i finally implanted him he was basically like "FUCK SEC I'M NOT HELPING" And ran off saying he was implanted and asking for gangs to break his implant and convert him or something of the sort.
>Report the location of several gang tags to security along with the identity of two gang members

>Go around maint soaping every tag

>Stand in hall with soap in my hand, literally cleaning a tag off the wall

>Officer watches me clean the tag and then stuns me

>I start yelling about an obviously rogue officer who doesn't want me cleaning tags

>Just kidding its Officer Pascal being a huge cunt and holding me for over 10 minutes because I called him a gangster on the radio after he literally stunned and arrested me for cleaning gang tags.

Do you have some kind of allergy to facts Pascal, jesus dude. You and Nilons should be the poster boys for why we need to start holding security to Rule 1.
I'm willing to wager myself against you.
If they check and i'm lying. They can ban me.
If they check and you're lying, they ban you.
Sound fair?
Oh god yes please. I already went over the events with the admins and there was a very clear understanding by the end regarding the order of events. The admin themselves acknowledged I was harmbatoned and that I didn't start yelling about security until they attacked me. Unfortunately that admin was too generous about shitcurity (the admin felt I had overeacted over a "few whacks" of the harmbaton, really? If security is literally doing the same thing they always do to execute prisoners and you could be mere seconds from death, is it really an overreaction to scream about an officer caving your fucking chest in because you yelled a couple sentences about them on radio?)
Pascal125

Post by Pascal125 » #306824

I didn't even arrest you over you calling me a gangster, you called me it after.
Nice lies. Admins, go ahead and check if you feel like it.

Edit: And yeah, sure. Just as long as you become the Poster boy for why Admins need to stop being lax and forgiving regarding Greytiders and Banbaiting.
Last edited by Pascal125 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #306828

>tfw robustin is so salty about getting his riot inviting ass beat he lies and when he gets called out tries to flip it

Ahahahaha I should harm baton more this is great

Edit:. The bottom line here is, after all of the permaing and harm batoning transpired, you threw a spear at me then ahelped when I killed you (while the station was in shambles). There's no way that isn't ban baiting. I do agree with you on post round bans though, at least one is in order.
Signature Memes

Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #306830

Pascal125 wrote:I didn't even arrest you over you calling me a gangster, you called me it after.
Nice lies. Admins, go ahead and check if you feel like it.
Are you that delusional? You arrested me for no fucking reason, then you held me longer because I yelled about you on radio. That ISN'T a position that makes you look better, it just reinforces that you love to randomly taze people whose name rhymes with "Coldman Shobustin" and then when they inevitably get upset about randomly being arrested you use their radio rant as a justification for taking a nice 10+ minutes out of their round just because you can.

Seriously, what kind of sec player thinks its OK to gun down the only person reporting gang tags and is literally soaping a tag off the wall when you start shooting them?! Like I said, you're a poster child for applying Rule 1 or Probable Cause to security again.
Pascal125

Post by Pascal125 » #306831

Lol.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #306832

i printed this thread out and flushed it down the toilet
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #306833

Nilons wrote:>tfw robustin is so salty about getting his riot inviting ass beat he lies and when he gets called out tries to flip it

Ahahahaha I should harm baton more this is great

Edit:. The bottom line here is, after all of the permaing and harm batoning transpired, you threw a spear at me then ahelped when I killed you (while the station was in shambles). There's no way that isn't ban baiting. I do agree with you on post round bans though, at least one is in order.
You fucking moron I never ahelped about being killed and that was never what any of this was about. The admin missed my first ahelp so I literally the same ahelp again - concerned solely with you tossing me in perma. Even the admin was confused at first because I was ahelping about permabrig even though I was dead in a locker, but I explained that it was earlier and me being dead in a locker wasn't what I was ahelping about. I wasn't concerned with anything in that round past you perma'ing me. You being a total shitler past that point was completely predictable but not what any of this was about. Try again.
Last edited by Oldman Robustin on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #306834

Top thread, eagerly await outcome.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #306838

Just in case anyone is conflicted here, you can tell that robustin is calmly and rationally explaining his obviously correct arguments because he's foaming at the mouth and raving while making them. Sounding like a teenager who's very recently realized he can swear as much as he wants when mom isn't home doesn't lend itself well to policy discussion.
Signature Memes

bandit

Post by bandit » #306842

so if this is a thinly disguised ban appeal/request why is it in policy

or anywhere

admin feedback pls
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #306844

bandit wrote:so if this is a thinly disguised ban appeal/request why is it in policy

or anywhere
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #306845

bandit wrote:so if this is a thinly disguised ban appeal/request why is it in policy

or anywhere
Because robustin is a big salty baby who can't take no the first time. Only through multiple admins telling him he's being an idiot will he turn it into a month long grudge silently
Signature Memes

BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #306872

Oldman Robustin wrote:
Pascal125 wrote:He did the same thing when i grabbed him during a gang round a week or so ago.

>Report the location of several gang tags to security along with the identity of two gang members

>Go around maint soaping every tag

>Stand in hall with soap in my hand, literally cleaning a tag off the wall

>Officer watches me clean the tag and then stuns me

>I start yelling about an obviously rogue officer who doesn't want me cleaning tags
This is all behavior typical of a rival gang member. The search was valid. Then you yell about him arresting you, more than likely just for a search although I don't know Pascal's intent behind it, I'm assuming it was in fact a search or an attempt to implant you forcefully. At this point, you are valid for perma, this has been established to me by multiple admins so my general procedure for people inciting riots is confiscation of headset, 700 points or perma depending on what they said. (If you're wondering who, Dorsidwarf is one of them, I've seen others give me the same answer.

Anyways, the question of the thread was, what can security be banned for? Security can get banned when the person has a legitimate complaint, unlike yours. I answer about five to ten bwoinks if I play HoS consistently for a few days, and most to all of them aren't even legitimate complaints, and those that are can generally be negated by the circumstances, such as "security killing me 4noraisins" while a riot in the brig front is going on and he's hanging out with them. (hint: when security says disperse they mean disperse, don't stay and watch the show or you get a front row seat on the shuttle to lavaland) But anyways this was a great pseudo ban request/admin complaint, I will enjoy sprinkling this over my dinner for the salt.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #306882

Its not a ban request or appeal I am not trying to get the admin to change their mind and the only reason anyone's been personally identified is because they wanted to make it personal - especially Nilons who doesn't even seem to comprehend what the ahelp was about but won't hesitate to swap their guess with the facts and hope nobody notices.

Our sec policy is non-existent - any day now I'm expecting to start hearing "IC issue" when an officer wordlessly harmbatons me at roundstart then spaces me for getting blood on their uniform. Without anyone willing to put their foot down on security can behave, its just gone down the inevitable descent into "IC antags that aren't valid to anyone except the actual antags".

@Beesting

You realize "rival gang members" just spray over rival tags right? I have never, ever seen a gangster soaping tags that he could spray over and collect influence from - and at the point where you're actually seriously arguing that you can randomly arrest people who are overtly helping the station and then perma them when they shout about the officer being rogue. You realize how fucking cancerous that attitude is right? That terrible philosophy is probably why Ling posing as security might as well be cheating. You can walk into a dept. and taze+harmbaton the first person you see and people are even afraid to report you as rogue because people like you seriously believe that if anyone calls you rogue on radio (and youre not) then you're entitled to take them out of the round for "inciting a riot".

The choice should be obvious. Either security has to have probable cause before attacking crew or they can do completely random searches but accept that people are going to react with hostility when you fucking taze their ass out of nowhere and start slapping their shit with a baton. When you have the latter scenario AND the officer is completely greenlit to go ahead and kill the person for "overreacting" to being randomly tazed and batoned then you are basically just advocating for killbaiting and griefing as our sanctioned sec policy (FYI when im lingcurity if you don't yell about me the moment I taze you, your not going to get a coherent cry for help out before you're dead).
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #306896

Oldman Robustin wrote: Our sec policy is non-existent - any day now I'm expecting to start hearing "IC issue" when an officer wordlessly harmbatons me at roundstart then spaces me for getting blood on their uniform. Without anyone willing to put their foot down on security can behave, its just gone down the inevitable descent into "IC antags that aren't valid to anyone except the actual antags"..
make a policy thread when this happens, not when you get your pooper pushed for inciting multiple riots and attacking officers when you successfully sneak out of perma
Signature Memes

BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #306908

Oldman Robustin wrote: @Beesting

You realize "rival gang members" just spray over rival tags right? I have never, ever seen a gangster soaping tags that he could spray over and collect influence from - and at the point where you're actually seriously arguing that you can randomly arrest people who are overtly helping the station and then perma them when they shout about the officer being rogue. You realize how fucking cancerous that attitude is right? That terrible philosophy is probably why Ling posing as security might as well be cheating. You can walk into a dept. and taze+harmbaton the first person you see and people are even afraid to report you as rogue because people like you seriously believe that if anyone calls you rogue on radio (and youre not) then you're entitled to take them out of the round for "inciting a riot".
I saw it happen in old gangs. Not really used to everyone getting a spraycan due to having their own uplink but honestly with the amount of lies I've seen from you in the thread I wouldn't be surprised with the officer had walked up, seen you with your fireaxe and tased you for implanting.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #306942

My fireaxe? When did I get my own fireaxe?

Honestly Beesting its hard to take you seriously when you make these broad sweeping generalizations since I pick up a fireaxe like once every 100 rounds. I guarantee I've played more sec than anyone else shitposting here, I know both sides of the fence and I know you can be a robust and effective officer without shitting on everyone's round.
Last edited by Oldman Robustin on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pascal125

Post by Pascal125 » #306946

It's all a conspiracy. Robustin. You're right. You couldn't possibly be wrong. They just don't believe you.

Last edited by Pascal125 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #306947

it's a robustin complains because he got dunked episode
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #306961

oranges wrote:it's a robustin complains because he got dunked episode
I've been dunked countless times, its never the fact I got dunked, when I complain its the WHY.

My OP doesn't present the most difficult of policy questions, if security is acting like shit does yelling "Security has turned on the crew!!! We have to fight back!!!" make you valid?

If that is our policy, then what are the merits of letting security get away with murdering people over empty words?

Bonus points if you answer that last question without resorting to made up riots that haven't existed since we started banning people for breaking brig windows. I can't even remember the last time a non-antag actually fucked with me because of what someone else yelled on the radio as I arrested them.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #306962

If you ever want to see a security that is more tame and less insane you would need to massively scale back crew conversion game modes.

The prevalence of game modes that literally act to turn the game into a 'security versus the entire bloody crew' do nothing but reinforce the 'sec vs them' mentality among security players and the administration.

If security was far more about actually being security and less about being a hair drop away from executing half the crew akin to the Inquisition then I think you would see a net positive gain in security attitudes and possible security rule 1 enforcement.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #306964

Oldman Robustin wrote:My fireaxe? When did I get my own fireaxe?

Honestly Beesting its hard to take you seriously when you make these broad sweeping generalizations since I pick up a fireaxe like once every 100 rounds. I guarantee I've played more sec than anyone else shitposting here, I know both sides of the fence and I know you can be a robust and effective officer without shitting on everyone's round.
I talked with the arresting officer. He said you had a fire axe on your back and I have no reason to disbelieve him.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #306973

1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #306982

Haevacht wrote:
Signature Memes

imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #306995

As a commercial break to this lovely thread, I've had ahelps where someone complains about a brig sentence and it was in fact illegitimate. Its not to say ahelping whenever you get brigged is a get out of jail free card guaranteed but i have checked out things, found a claim of innocence to be true, and just politely told the officer they made a mistake they had no way of knowing about. No feathers get ruffled, the guy gets released, and the officer carries on with their round.

It's all very civilized and proper, as if adults were playing the game
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #306998

This thread reminds me why I don't miss Ban Requests at all.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #307028

The hut beckons
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #307029

the reserves hunger
Signature Memes

D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #307038

He wuz a gud boi, he dindu nuffin
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #307069

Oldman Robustin wrote: if security is acting like shit does yelling "Security has turned on the crew!!! We have to fight back!!!" make you valid?

If that is our policy, then what are the merits of letting security get away with murdering people over empty words?
>instead of ahelping the security officers actions to deal with it in ooc manner
>yell in ic, giving ic escalation path
>officers escalate ic
>wah this outcome resulted in my death, admins I want ooc resolution

As it is, I don't care if security murders people inciting a riot, if you don't want to get murdered don't incite a riot, if you have shitsec and want an IC resolution do something interesting like make a lawyer complaint start a non violent protest etc (expect to get arrested like all good non violent protestors and call the sec facists) hell, some people enjoy escalating ic and will incite a riot (With the full expectation of getting turbo roasted if they get caught), if you think it's actual shitsec and you want an ooc response, try ahelping to the admins to have it resolved.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #307093

Any arrest will always seem to be "for no reason" unless you know you're guilty. An officer will never state the charge before stuncuffing you, but I assume there's usually a reason behind it because officers don't run around stuncuffing random people. Maybe someone reported cult activity in your department and the HoS ordered to search everyone in it, maybe your prints were on an emagged door, there can be plenty of reasons you don't know because you can't hear sec channel. Giving everyone freedom to murder any officer who is trying to arrest them "for no reason" will just end badly.