Tramstation (choo CHOO)

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Tramstation (choo CHOO)

Post by MMMiracles » #330831

A map idea literally years in the making as I've put this down and picked it up on multiple occasions. The holiday season has left me with a surpising amount of free time and motivation these past 2 weeks so I've restarted on this project again but this time there's actual progress to show for it.

FastDMM2 Permalink that lets you view the current map progress with full interactions!
Last edited by MMMiracles on Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: another attempt at semi-unique map concept

Post by Qbopper » #330832

that's kinda cool, but I don't know if having the "train" be a shuttle is a good idea, it might be too easy of a way to instantly gib a corpse
Limey wrote:its too late.
huehuehue
Byond Username: Huehuehue1

Post by huehuehue » #330840

>crew quarters right next to command
>greytiders spawn in cq
>grab tools, break into command, cause a shitstorm
may want to rework the layout a lil
feem wrote:wtf i like fwooshposts now
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #330841

Qbopper wrote:that's kinda cool, but I don't know if having the "train" be a shuttle is a good idea, it might be too easy of a way to instantly gib a corpse
Probably just going to have it insta-kill and push the corpse out of the way, much like some shuttles used to(maybe still do?)
huehuehue wrote:>crew quarters right next to command
>greytiders spawn in cq
The tide will do as it pleases, no matter what you do to circumvent it. People breaking into the command area is as much of an issue on this map as it'd be on any other map.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
huehuehue
Byond Username: Huehuehue1

Post by huehuehue » #330842

MMMiracles wrote:
>greytiders spawn in cq
The tide will do as it pleases, no matter what you do to circumvent it. People breaking into the command area is as much of an issue on this map as it'd be on any other map.
it's concerning tome because if the captain spawns in/near the bridge, the greytide would rush in, steal his ID, most likely kill him, and do things like:
(warning:worst-case scenarios ahead)
call the shuttle for stupid reasons
let everyone into the armory and have everyone kill everyone not them
break into HoP office and manufacture all-access IDs for all
blow up the station
etc.
even if they are(or were) stopped by sec, there's still the casualties, station damage and (presumably)wrecked bridge that everyone would have to deal with
feem wrote:wtf i like fwooshposts now
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #330953

Replace the train with the disposals so it's like old mining asteroid renovated into a habitable station. I'd call it Asteroid Station if that wasn't reserved for that station with the singularity in the middle of it.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #330957

wheres the AI minisat/upload
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #330958

>greytiders spawn in cq
theyll do that on any map the spawn won't affect it. you only really see it if they dislike the map.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #330960

BeeSting12 wrote:wheres the AI minisat/upload
AI is going to be inside the command area, so think of something like the old bridge AI core. If I can't figure a good design that balances between space and proper protection then I'll latch it above command.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #331158

I started some layout with the service/security section.
Spoiler:
(ignore the slanted shuttle tiles, already fixed)

3 main platform areas with the exterior asteroid tunnels it 'travels' through. The rock walls are just there currently as a guideline of the carved out tunnel. I'll fill the rest of the rock in after the departments/maint are done. Service wing's layout probably isn't going to change but I'm still poking at the Security section to find a nice design that plays well into the vertical of the department slices.

I hope the distance between major departments isn't too bad, but at least with this layout I'll be able to easily slide the outer segments closer/further apart if necessary. The train segment itself will be interesting to see how it plays out and how quickly people start 'accidentally' pushing people onto the tracks right before it arrives.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Jzoid
Byond Username: Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #331198

To be honest, I think only having one easy access to each part of the station will become problematic, especially on cult rounds and rev rounds. A quick, easy fix is to add 2, 1 wide or 2 wide "bridges" going from Cargo to science and Engineering to Medical. That way, in the case of rev rounds, revs can still spread.

See below with shitty attempt at paint skills.
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #331234

In an ideal world, there'd be at least one head antag spawning in each slice, so spreading/recruiting shouldn't be too bad.

Although that probably won't happen every time and your point is going to be valid more often than not. I would like to keep it as is, but adding small secondary bridges would be pretty easy with this layout if it comes to it.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #331249

just go through the asteroid SISSY
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #331312

Vg tried this with taxi and it was widely hated. It won't work here.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #331322

Yakumo_Chen wrote:Vg tried this with taxi and it was widely hated. It won't work here.
Can you expand on what they actually did? I've never heard of something like this being on vg before.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #331378

Make everything larger and make the train have cars instead of being just one thing

When its in transit anyone standing on the cordoned off area get killed and blood gets splattered east and west with the splatter it makes when a mulebot runs over you

Give it a security car at the back, a bar car, two passenger cars, and a locomotive car. Engineers are responsible for keeping the train fueled with plasma. You can put uranium in it to make it have a much shorter cool down but it makes it incredibly hot in the locomotive and passenger cars. Perfect for traitor sabotage.

Being assigned to the security car would be like being assigned to a department.

(maybe figure out code to simulate the train actually moving between stations, traitors could buy turrets and mount them on the sides and shoot off of it at the people at the stations) (make it a crank gatling gun too for memes)

When the emergency shuttle is called the train should have a otherwise locked station become unlocked, where it goes off deep into the asteroid and everyone gets off and has to climb aboard a dropship (maybe a pair, see CM for reference)

Nuke Ops and maybe traitors should get a item that you can attach to a certain portion of the train that will cause it to derail and spawn wreckage between one of the stations where it gibs everyone who was on the train at the time and all of their belongings, but make it cost 20 tc.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #331422

make them run on spaceworthy mulebots that transfer people.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #379911

I'm crazy so I've picked back up on this project from scratch since I forgot to push what progress I had to git and lost the initial map. Made quite a bit of progress on the mid-section, will post pictures when I make it all pretty.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
FrozenGuy5
Github User
Byond Username: FrozenGuy5
Github Username: praisenarsie

Post by FrozenGuy5 » #379926

MMMiracles wrote:I'm crazy so I've picked back up on this project from scratch since I forgot to push what progress I had to git and lost the initial map. Made quite a bit of progress on the mid-section, will post pictures when I make it all pretty.
i want to recommend that you should do what goon does with their maps. |VVVVVV| also there is some other rambling in case you are deciding not to follow your original map layout

have different sprites for walls and possibly windows so you're not glaring at the same dark-grey walls like every other station

have something like donut2 on goon where they have a secondary station beside the main one, you can make it so you can get there by spacewalk on a catwalk, transit tubes, or a shuttle. (https://goonhub.com/maps/donut2)
in fact alinastation did this somewhat but pudl let the map go for some reason and left.

also PLEASE introduce the teg somewhere so i don't have the lazy old SME, infact you can probably keep the SME and put the teg as a secondary engine and no solars but this is just my thoughts

and catwalks, i suggest catwalks, i want catwalks in between muh departments so i can spacewalk. infact make spacesuits and emergency space suits easy to get.

also no long hallways, you should've learned this from cere hopefully since 90% of people didn't know about the telepads.

this is just me rambling my ideas and suggestions anyway but follow it and you could achieve semi-unique map compared to our other maps
ййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййй shitty fucking signatures
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #379951

If you got a set of wall sprites that look nice I'd be more than happy to add them in, otherwise there ain't much I can do.

Catwalks are essentially just the outer-section where you can walk by the train segment in the asteroid. Each gap between departments is about 24 tiles so that should give you a nice outside walk in the spooky exterior.

As for the halls, yeah. The longest hall I have currently is the length as the hall from Metastation's showroom to escape, while also being active with multiple department sections. I plan on having some T-cross sections that are opposite of the longer halls so each chunk of the station isn't just one long hallway.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #380007

So here's a general idea of the lower-half of the central section.
Spoiler:
Lower section harbors most of the civilian roles with security right next to them. Perma is a bit closer than usual to the main hall but it also has no exterior windows to do a suicide-run to escape, so that might be a trade-off that'll I'll have to see in-game if it's worth or not. The detective/lawyer will be part of the upper section along with the dorms, library, chapel, and bridge.

As for the actual train section, the platform will have consoles to request the train or you can take one of the transit tubes to zip over if people are being dickheads about requesting it a lot. There's also external airlocks you can take to walk across the asteroid to the other segment if the first two options are for whatever reason out of commission.

There's probably gonna be some concern over the train essentially being a free gibber, but at the same time I dunno. Having an active environmental hazard on the station could be pretty entertaining (pushing your target onto the track right before the train arrives, dude tries to run across ignoring the bluespace warning, ect.) It wouldn't be difficult at all to remove the gibbing aspect, but I also plan on having a somewhat decent delay on the train arriving when called.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
FrozenGuy5
Github User
Byond Username: FrozenGuy5
Github Username: praisenarsie

Post by FrozenGuy5 » #380131

MMMiracles wrote:If you got a set of wall sprites that look nice I'd be more than happy to add them in, otherwise there ain't much I can do.

give me 20 years and i'll have 3/4 airlocks, walls and windows done
ййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййй shitty fucking signatures
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #380231

you're actually insane and i appreciate that
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #380532

stoppp making these every 4 months
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #380551

PKPenguin321 wrote:stoppp making these every 4 months
if you throw stuff at the wall eventually something is likely to stick

"stop creating content" seems like such an assbackward thing to say
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #380584

i guess but they all look nasty and they NEVER remember that wall mounted machines that face any direction but down are absolutely ruined aesthetically
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #380598

3/4 walls would work if wall-mounted sprites were also re-done to have directionals, although you'd still lose the south direction which would suck.

In terms of progress, I've got a good chunk of the top section done. Will post later when I'm done making it a bit more pretty.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #380713

PKPenguin321 wrote:i guess but they all look nasty and they NEVER remember that wall mounted machines that face any direction but down are absolutely ruined aesthetically
oh you mean 3/4ths content? I thought this was about OP's map

in that case no you're right fuck off 3/4ths never looks nice

all of the 3/4ths sprites we have look nice in spite of the fact that they're 3/4ths not because of it
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #380728

I'm still salty about new APCs and toolboxes
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #380917

BeeSting12 wrote:I'm still salty about new APCs and toolboxes
The toolboxes sting even more than the machines being 3/4ths because items aren't really positioned in a way where they look better in 3/4ths
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #381270

Here's a slice of the mid-section of the station. It might look a bit funky due to me having to slice it up into a smaller map for fastdmm to produce an image for me.
Spoiler:
The bridge squeezing in between two civilian areas might lead to some interesting positions, but hopefully the reinforced walls and extra set of doors will help negate any issues of the tide. Still not entirely sure on it's current design and the maintenance running around the upper section in general probably needs more work. Otherwise I don't have too many issues with department's locations and travel time shouldn't be any worse than a normal station in most scenarios.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #584968

Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #584972

Didn't read other than your OP from three years ago and the next couple of responses but it seems to me a shuttle or a disposal loop or transport pods would be too easy to sabotage
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #588769

choo CHOO
[youtube]kgusLCtIG78[/youtube]
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #588773

huehuehue wrote:
MMMiracles wrote:
>greytiders spawn in cq
it's concerning tome because if the captain spawns in/near the bridge, the greytide would rush in, steal his ID, most likely kill him, and do things like:
(warning:worst-case scenarios ahead)
call the shuttle for stupid reasons
let everyone into the armory and have everyone kill everyone not them
break into HoP office and manufacture all-access IDs for all
blow up the station
etc.
even if they are(or were) stopped by sec, there's still the casualties, station damage and (presumably)wrecked bridge that everyone would have to deal with
you know we have rules and admins that explicitly prohibit this behavior right
ShibaInuLord
Byond Username: ShibaInuLord

Post by ShibaInuLord » #588870

uh sometimes the tram pits look just like normal floor, might be because of lag, and the bartender backroom is missing a wall behind the booze-o-mat
I play a retard called Deana Whittler
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #588876

map literally imploded tg servers
i dont know if its because you fucked atmos up or because you put multiple z-levels but it's horrid
2 tile wide hallways encourage durrhurring with a baseball bat
the tram gimmick gets old quick especially when everybody spams it for "the lulz!!!"
1 tile wide hallway to get to the other sides of the left & right station with NO RAILINGS
lower z-level of tram has railings while top side of tram has none??? what???????????????????????????????
and the most egregious sin of all, potentially the most evil thing you could ever do
you put the VAULT in the ARMORY
the BIGGEST fuck you to the entire station, and traitors with plutonium core objective
tl;dr: this map makes me malding
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
AquaticZombie
Byond Username: AquaticZombie

Post by AquaticZombie » #588878

very easy to fuck with the tram. the tram moved before I and others could get in and we would fall. began using this to cause people to fall. ended up three people, me included caused the tram to rip apart a second time into three parts by sending it to three different tram stations at once, gibbing me.

perhaps setting the tram to automatically move every ten seconds would be better than having consoles that can be used to rip it apart. and a countdown to warn people so they fall in less.
Nari Harimoto
Byond Username: Nari Harimoto

Post by Nari Harimoto » #588879

ok, so heres a compiled list of all issues ive found.

1. overlay issue with a construction area APC under the main stairs to the right of medbay entrence

2. Mice spawning in glass in medbay, likely caused by it being labeled as maint

3. carpet under doors look bad, doors should have the tile of the outside on it instead so the inside tiles remain nicely cut off

4. all wallmounts should have their own wall, ESPECIALLY APCs and Air Alarms (plus it looks bad)

5. people being interrogated shouldnt see the people observing, make that tinted and add an interrogation room monitor (they exist, copy from meta) and make the room camera inside off the ss13 network and on the interrogation network (i forget the exact wording of that network)

6. two issues here, firstly, lights/wallmounts on fridges looks ugly, secondly all fridges should have a wall under them so you cant see through it like a window

7. this looks bad as its half on the stairs, also the way stair object works is you cant actually stand on it unless going down, when going up it teleports you (or well, force moves you) onto the tile in front of it instead, if these firelocks are down, it can cause clipping issues, or just the inability to be force moved which is a problem since you cant open them from below, move them to the bottom of that tile, and it should be fine

8. the tram has many issues, but heres a few. firstly, the tram floors go invisible and show the turf under it (in this case, the plating line).

9. one of the tram stops dont have a plating on the edges like the others do

10. the asteroid sand overlay also overlays over the openspace above it, making it look like a viable floor when it is not, and overall looks ugly

11. shuttle broke (aside from it literally snapping in half)

12. i cant figure out where the freezer for the cold room is, nor do i see the coolant pipes, or an air alarm

13. i dont like these in dorms, hole over a wall just looks bad

14. these need flaps, they are meant to prevent people from instantly being thrown to the next inlet unless they are horizontal

15. iron rock has no icon

16. aside from the overlay issue mentioned earlier, having canals over every pipe and wire just looks odd to me

17. this looks odd to me, though apparently doesnt block movement

18. i dislike a LOT that the entrence to vault is in the armory, QM supervises the vault and has a remote that can open it, QM should not require an escort through armory to enter the vault, also a balance concern

19. a few issues with the bridge, first, the intercoms have a very short range, and there needs to be more, only one camera as well is a concern, bridge should also have a few windows imho but not a *real* issue, bridge also needs a ID authentication button as well

20. i *heavily* dislike that AI upload is in lower maint, literally accessible from a maint shaft door, too easy, way too easy to access imho

21. also dislike that the gravgen is accessible from a main public hallway, but thats just a preference (i dislike gravgen itself tbh)

22. chappy altar should be *in* the table, replace the middle table with the altar, so people can step up onto the altar to be sacraficed without going around the table

23. personal preference again, but chappy shouldnt enter from the public side, people shouldnt see the chappy enter, else whats the point of voices being randomized by the intercoms?

24. heavily dislike the kill room for xenobio being on a different layer than the pens, its a lot of work going up and down every time

25. the slime grinder is unnesscarily far from the work area

26. ALERT: big issue, even though the AI sat PSU is full charge, none of the APCs are being charged!!!! so the AI has no power in his core once his APC drains! this PSU does nothing, no charge is sent at all
Nari Harimoto
Byond Username: Nari Harimoto

Post by Nari Harimoto » #588880

ShibaInuLord wrote:uh sometimes the tram pits look just like normal floor, might be because of lag, and the bartender backroom is missing a wall behind the booze-o-mat
the tram pits looking like normal floors is a bug with the asteroid sand overlays, its displaying over the openspace as well, when it shouldnt be.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #588904

I guess this got on the server for playtesting? If so, the map's design sounds poorly thought out and the map itself sounds like it barely works so I wouldn't focus on reporting minor issues until the larger problems are fixed and it's actually viable for rotation (which I'm guessing won't happen any time soon). I'm not sure why you'd think trying to funnel a bunch of players into a tight space that's easy to sabotage in order for people to travel around the station would be a good idea. But then I don't even know what passes for a "tram" here. It just sounds dumb on the face of it.

I understand wanting a fun gimmick to make a map exciting and not boring like all of them (except for Delta, with its huge maintenance) but I don't think this is one of them. Ice Box has potential with its dungeon to crawl and fall into but nobody here is doing anything with that and the shit outside which sort of resembles that is just boring Lavaland except with chasms to become trapped in.
NSFW:

EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #588908

cacogen wrote:I guess this got on the server for playtesting? If so, the map's design sounds poorly thought out and the map itself sounds like it barely works so I wouldn't focus on reporting minor issues until the larger problems are fixed and it's actually viable for rotation (which I'm guessing won't happen any time soon). I'm not sure why you'd think trying to funnel a bunch of players into a tight space that's easy to sabotage in order for people to travel around the station would be a good idea. But then I don't even know what passes for a "tram" here. It just sounds dumb on the face of it.

I understand wanting a fun gimmick to make a map exciting and not boring like all of them (except for Delta, with its huge maintenance) but I don't think this is one of them. Ice Box has potential with its dungeon to crawl and fall into but nobody here is doing anything with that and the shit outside which sort of resembles that is just boring Lavaland except with chasms to become trapped in.
The map is functional enough for testing.

Additionally- perhaps you might consider sitting in on one of the playtest rounds before you decry the map as being bad?
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #588910

How do I know when it's being tested? What part of that is wrong? Also yes, I was jumping to a conclusion based on other people's anecdotes from after the test and my reasoned assumption that a tram gimmick (whatever the tram actually amounts to) is a bad idea.
NSFW:

EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #588911

cacogen wrote:How do I know when it's being tested? What part of that is wrong? Also yes, I was jumping to a conclusion based on other people's anecdotes from after the test and my reasoned assumption that a tram gimmick (whatever the tram actually amounts to) is a bad idea.
It will be being tested over the course of the next while, probably at least a month. If, after you've actually played/watched a round, you don't like it, then that's cool- but don't come in here and dump on it without even having seen it with your own eyes.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Hiertus
Byond Username: Hiertus

Post by Hiertus » #588985

For some reason in medical there are four defib mounts but only three defibs available at round start through the medical doctor lockers. Additionally it seems that the tram is only really useful when going from the far left side of the station to the far right side of it, as going from anywhere to the center is the exact same time as just walking there. A cool down on how fast you can call the shuttle is needed to avoid the shuttle spam where it lags up the server and makes it impossible to use because of one assistant quickly making it jump to different parts of the station.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #588999

I'll reserve my possibly correct judgement until I don't end up being online to play it.
NSFW:

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #589036

cacogen wrote:I'll reserve my possibly correct judgement until I don't end up being online to play it.
this is my third map and I don't think ive ever gotten a piece of feedback more useless than "i heard someone say it was bad so i im going to also say it's bad without having even looked at it"
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #589074

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #589285

MMMiracles wrote:
cacogen wrote:I'll reserve my possibly correct judgement until I don't end up being online to play it.
this is my third map and I don't think ive ever gotten a piece of feedback more useless than "i heard someone say it was bad so i im going to also say it's bad without having even looked at it"
right? lmao, enough to just discard his feedback completely no matter if he's played or not
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #589368

Some people have had issues with AI not having cams in its sat (so AI can't use their foamers for example) and concerns about the naming scheme of cameras being different from the norm and hard to adjust to. Having to scroll to find tcomms instead of just typing 't' or 'b' for bridge. Just passing this along.
Hugs