[TheBibleMelts] Bluespace -Team antag ban for ghosting.

Appeals which have been closed.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

[TheBibleMelts] Bluespace -Team antag ban for ghosting.

Post by Bluespace » #29812

You have been jobbanned by thebiblemelts from: operative. (n cultist n rev)
The reason is: Ghosted when derevved. If you don't want to play team modes, let me save you the trouble of using the Ghost verb.
This jobban will be lifted in 20080 minutes.
Byond account and character name: Bluespace/Boris Pepper
Banning admin: TBM
Ban reason and length: As above.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Covered below.

Yo.
Let's start with the background. Rev round, early morning, bout 2AM gmt. I'm finishing up some college work and sign up as engineer, I set up the engine and lazily start making a fort for myself in maint.
A few minutes later, an atmos tech comes in, flashing me. I become a rev.
I make my way to security, hack in, and then run over to EVA for a space suit. I break into the armoury from space but a quickdrawing officer gets me and i'm cuffed inside.
I'm taken to be processed, i'm implanted and left completely nude in the middle of security.
At this point, I just don't want to be in the round anymore, i'd like to stress that. I'm nude, my plans had involved relaxing with building earlier, and now i'm around this organised chaos in security.
I run into the warden's office, (Lum was playing warden afaik), gave him 2 head revs names, then promptly suicided and returned to my work.

A few minutes later (I don't recieve a PM during this time.), I am jobbanned. TBM tells me I was showing as disconnected but i'm not sure why.
I really feel a 2 week ban for this is excessive. I didn't feel like taking part in "validhunt: the mode", and so I took myself out of the round after attempting some rev stuff.
I can understand it can be seen as bad or horrible to suicide and ghost after being derevved, but in this instance nobody was really hurt. Security was winning heavily, they were armed, organised, and collectively exterminating the revs.
Even if it's detemined that a rev jobban is needed, which I wouldn't say is out of the scope of possibility depending on the admin, but 2 weeks and for other team antags i'm known for doing well at, especially nuke ops, seems a bit much.

Looking forward to hearing opinions.
I play Boris Pepper.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: [TheBibleMelts] Bluespace -Team antag ban for ghosting.

Post by bandit » #29816

I was a revhead in this, I think. This is possibly a side note, but why did you tell security two revheads' names? You're only supposed to remember one, the guy who flashed you.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #29817

bandit wrote:I was a revhead in this, I think. This is possibly a side note, but why did you tell security two revheads' names? You're only supposed to remember one, the guy who flashed you.
It was the revhead who flashed me and the incredibly blatant clown. It didn't really do much but confirm what security knew.
I play Boris Pepper.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #29818

I was the Assistant-turned-Officer who stunned you, took you in, and got you implanted. I saw that you ended up just sitting there. Security won that round pretty easily, we had swarms of troops and cargo all nice and pretty. After I got you implanted I kinda let you go and you faded into the background, but personally I don't really mind or care that one guy who didn't feel like participating in Rev decided not to put much effort into rev. It's very much a roundtype that you have to be in a certain mood for, as opposed to something more chill.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #29830

If you dedicated yourself to breaking into the armory as a rev, you should have dedicated yourself to helping sec as an implantee.
Bluespace wrote:I didn't feel like taking part in "validhunt: the mode", and so I took myself out of the round after attempting some rev stuff.
You didn't feel like it, but you did.
This would've been an entirely different case if you went "meh" and carried on building and not interfering in either team's actions, because sometimes rev is just not your cup of tea, but you DID cause sec some trouble, and played on the revs' side. As such, It's only logical to assume you should not sign out once you are on the different team because that's really... Unsportsmanlike.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #29841

Sorry but this is the first I'm hearing of the concept that players are obligated to help out security during rev, either as deconverted rev, or normal player. This isn't in the rules and if its a rule 1 justification with respect to the implants and causing security to waste them, its an abnormal interpretation and should be codified. Not only that, but if thats the case, these bans don't actually do anything to prevent it.

Further more, since this is not conduct relating to fucking over team antags (as he noted, he reluctantly antag-ged when he didn't want to because he knew he was expected to) adding in the other job bans seems out of place.

I don't understand this ban.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #29854

To clarify, I am not saying this was ban-worthy. Just saying what he did was not nice.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #29859

I've never heard of a ruling forcing players to assist security once implanted. Ghosting after getting implanted isn't great, but one time from a player who is consistently good doesn't make much sense. It's a very long ban for such a minor instance and I think at the very most a note would be in order just to stop them doing it again. Making rulings like this on the spot and then enforcing them with long bans is akin to banning someone for being new to the game and making their first mistake.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #29876

To clarify, you can only reveal the revhead that converted you and nobody else. Your memory between conversion and deconversion is gone.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #29905

Needing to stop playing a team role due to OOC work is fine. Only deciding that time has come when it's convenient for you and wasting an implant/everybodies time? That passes into just being a selfish dick. Giving away two revhead names wasn't acceptable in this instance either.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #29907

As mentioned in this thread, the situation in which I did ghost caused no hinderance or detriment to anybody else or their gameplay.
Apologies for giving away 2 names, however the other name I gave away was already a confirmed rev head who was being hunted, it won't happen again however.

Security had all but won, I was left naked in the middle of security with no gear, no ID, nothing. I was not missed.
I'd like a headmin to weigh in on this if possible.
I play Boris Pepper.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #29908

TheBibleMelts wrote:Needing to stop playing a team role due to OOC work is fine. Only deciding that time has come when it's convenient for you and wasting an implant/everybodies time? That passes into just being a selfish dick. Giving away two revhead names wasn't acceptable in this instance either.
I think the ban is excessive and unfair. Bluespace has been one of the better players in teamantag for a very long time and I don't think this incident warrants more than a note.

One implant is hardly critical and I rarely expect more than half of those I implant as HoS to actively assist.

What would have been the difference if he left the brig and made an autism fort or something else meaningless. Implants do not OOCly force players to assist security. Revealing two revheads was the only fault here and that's not worthy of a two week long ban.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #29912

If a headmin thinks differently, I'm fine with this getting overturned. As it is though, I considered him picking only the moment he was deconverted as his time to step away from SS13 as dickish to the other players (enough that one adminhelped, resulting in this). You were ready to play out the round and break into the armory/go hogwild on the loyalists, but only changed your mind when you 'lost' as a rev.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #29914

I can see why the ban was placed but I think it depends on whether he ghosted because he lost or because he thought he had completed his obligation to the round and could leave for whatever OOC reason. I honestly believe it was the latter.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #29924

" I didn't feel like taking part in "validhunt: the mode", and so I took myself out of the round after attempting some rev stuff. "

He only wanted to give the one side a try, it seemed to me (and every other admin online)
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #29926

I didn't want to fuck over the atmos tech who took his time to flash me, but security wasn't losing by any means, I would've stayed if I felt me ghosting was a big hit to sec.
I'd also like to further state that should I have successfully stolen from the armoury, I would've given the guns to revs and gone back to building.
I play Boris Pepper.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #29927

Would you be willing to swear on a monthjobban that you won't fuck off from a team if things don't go your way again? I want to stress to everybody that ghosting when you feel like you've 'lost' is extremely shitty to do for the sake of everybodies involvement in the round.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #29933

TheBibleMelts wrote:Would you be willing to swear on a monthjobban that you won't fuck off from a team if things don't go your way again? I want to stress to everybody that ghosting when you feel like you've 'lost' is extremely shitty to do for the sake of everybodies involvement in the round.
Yeah, sure.
I play Boris Pepper.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #29936

Alright, lifted then. If you do have to ditch to do something and it happens to be a moment where it's, by all appearances, a dickish exit, just adminhelp to let us know in the event someone adminhelps you.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #29993

Really glad to see things were worked out in this manner, thanks to both parties involved. I wasn't entirely sure what to make of this, and am glad for not having to make another Bold Decisive Call.
RIP