Unread postby CosmicScientist » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:26 am #439552

>bbc breakfast
>indistinctly brown woman with woke on her T-Shirt invited on for a talk
>let's call her woke and bring her back later
>it's a 🎵 diversity/expressing yourself/victim complex episode 🎵
>yes all three
>but most importantly
>it's about that most pressing issue, hair
>one school somewhere in London conforms to diversity schemes of letting black children come in with dreadlocks, afros and other hairstyles
>probably
>it shows one child with dreadlocks and one with the African style plaited braids
>apparently every other school in the country cares about this little thing called a uniform
>let's not ask if any chav with a pattern shaved into their hair is sent home
>🎵 it's important to be yourself 🎵 chirrup the children after however many takes of finding a child that does what they're told
>don't discriminate others because of their natural hair this is important for later, yes they do say natural hair, don't forget the hairstyles I already mentioned
>woke speaks
>🎵 black and coloured people shouldn't conform to European styles 🎵
>🎵 black and coloured people have different hair, we should accept their natural hair 🎵
>🎵 I forgot what she said speci-fi-cal-lee but you know this jingle, we should make it socially acceptable to bring this up in conversation 🎵
>🎵 we're not animals or pets, I had someone touch my hair once and I didn't say anything, you violated the NAP 🎵
>🎵 oh by the way someone put a cola can into the stuff I used to put on my hair to straighten it and it ate away at the tin can, no I won't say who did it, when, what product or what actually happened but, like, it was totally, like, how can you, like, put that on your hair every day? 🎵
>presenter points out woke's hair, that's not natural
>it's an afro tied up to be a frizzy beehive
>other presenter says it's a beehive
>woke brushes this off
>woke later says she wakes up with this hair
>woke tangents about piers morgan as if anyone in Britain remembers that bloody twat after he ran away to America to earn fat stacks swindling weak minds with inflammatory glibness
>woke also shares pictures of her children and how she's encouraging them to be themselves through their hair, i.e. do exactly the same as mummy
>notice woke only had the frizzy beehive in these pictures that cover a span of toddler to teenager
>wonder if woke has ever touched a straightener
>be happy that we live in a world where black people are still being oppressed in their host countries they refuse to associate themselves as a part of culturally due to a difference in European and African values when it comes to your child's hair in school ignoring the literal definition of uniform and confusing traditional petty authoritarianism with institutionalised racism
>wonder if I'm an MRA member because I had my hair touched by girls at school and didn't say anything
>this continued to sixth form
>wonder if my MRA headhunt invitation is in the mail
>oh and to top it all off, woke said this isn't politics
>just attention seeking I s'pose
Go appreciate Nienhaus.
Captain Hutbeard, at yer service if the booty be ready fer it!
Spoiler:
A rolling stone gathers moss and it's nice to remember what's been said, recent or distant, even in no particular order, otherwise I may forget my moss.
Armhulen wrote:same, for the second time

DrPillzRedux wrote:Thanks for the new avatar.

MrEousTranger wrote:Cosmic- you are the best poster and I think the most original member here, also great art

Nilons wrote:These comics are actually the best thing on the forums

Supper Aggro Crag wrote:Thank you

John_Oxford wrote:sweet.

jesus.

couldn't have said it better myself.

one oxford point for you.

Kor wrote:Best post of the month

danno wrote:that post was art

Quanti wrote:truly cosmic is the hero we need

NikNakFlak wrote:This is quality af

PKPenguin321 wrote:nice try i am immune

this is a REALLY good thread, thank you cosmic

Wyzack wrote:Certified good thread

Qbopper wrote:That card you made of me is awesome, you even managed to work my suggestion in

You now have one "get out of ban free" card

peoplearestrange wrote:Im pinning the shit out of this. This needs to be saved.
It's like one of my "whos who in NTR" but with ACTUAL thought and creativity. Good job!

oranges wrote:Hey, now this is a scrabulous post

Wyzack wrote:this is true art

Nilons wrote:That's because if you use art as an analogy, cosmic is painting eloquent well worded posts while you're throwing cans of saghetti at a wal

Armhulen wrote:this thread is secretly a cosmic goldmine

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Anonmare wrote:You don't have to tell me what happened but you do need to eat this bowl of soup

you have to eat ALL the eggs

Grazyn

Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: 2k18 /pol/

Unread postby Grazyn » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:03 am #439561

I remember how shocked I was when I found out that every black woman you see with non-afro, non-frizzy hair is actually wearing a wig. Apparently, the frizzines can't be tamed and a wig it's the only way they can enjoy a smooth hairstyle.

ColonicAcid

Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Unread postby ColonicAcid » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:09 am #439563

Not entirely true.

You can straighten nappy hair it's just extremely high maintenance, its much easier for them to just put on a durag/have short hair and wear a weave.

Look at michelle obama thats her natural hair she just has it straightened regularly and probably has a team of stylists to ensure its on point erry day.
crack is whack but smacks got your back

Grazyn

Byond Username: Grazyn

Unread postby Grazyn » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:13 am #439565

Yeah, women with normal hair already spend a ridiculous amount of time to maintain and style their hair, black people hair just make this time skyrocket so much that it's functionally impossible for most people to do that. So if you assume that all black women with straight hair you meet in your daily life are wearing a wig, you'll be right most of the time.

Screemonster

Byond Username: Scree

Unread postby Screemonster » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:20 am #439567

show your individuality by conforming to my standards

ColonicAcid

Unread postby ColonicAcid » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:51 am #439579

On the other hand the reason they wear weaves is because throughout time black womens standards of beauty have been based on white women, to which none of us have the agency to understand because we're not black women.

I personally think that nappy hair looks 100x better than straight hair on black women but I can totally understand why they do it when their entire life they've been bombarded that u aint shit without straight hair.

Malkevin
Confined to the shed

Byond Username: Malkevin

Unread postby Malkevin » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:14 am #439582

Huh? What's this about black kids being oppressed because they can't have dreads in school?

When I was in school there were plenty of black kids with dreads
This space intentionally left blank.

Screemonster

Unread postby Screemonster » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:15 am #439583

this woman was clearly being oppressed by not having anything to complain about on live television

Super Aggro Crag

Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Unread postby Super Aggro Crag » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:58 pm #439635

I think frizzy hair is hot

DemonFiren

Byond Username: DemonFiren

Unread postby DemonFiren » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:03 pm #439636

Super Aggro Crag wrote:I think frizzy hair is hot

I prefer long manes
Spoiler:
get it, long
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

ColonicAcid

Unread postby ColonicAcid » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:19 pm #439639

Super Aggro Crag wrote:I think frizzy hair is hot

Yea...

My dick becomes as hard as a fucking diamond when i see light skinned black girls with big afros.

Super Aggro Crag

Unread postby Super Aggro Crag » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:24 pm #439643

I even like caucasians with frizzy hair

CosmicScientist

Byond Username: CosmicScientist

Unread postby CosmicScientist » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:10 pm #439677

Well do I have some news for you two, it's world afro day tomorrow!

Slightly upset she doesn't have 36% of an afro rather than less than a quarter cut out. Also tried googling wikipedia world afro day and big hair straightened hair has silenced the discussion by returning world toilet day as the first result. If you do actually just go to the world afro day website, it appears to be a commercial event. On the about section they complain Murica,
http://www.worldafroday.com/our-vision/ wrote:On the 5th September 2016, a U.S. federal court, ruled it was legal to ban dreadlocks in the workplace! This is a barrier not faced by any other hair type or group in the world.
Bias against Afro hair in society can create exclusion, shame and and feelings of inferiority. This has also had a long-lasting impact on health and economic opportunity, especially for Black women, who are pressurised to conform to societal norms.

because I guess Britain, where the activism is, has no problems. But besides that you can buy commemorative T-Shirts for the low low price of £16 or book tickets (better be fast, this happens tomorrow!) from £28 to £1,620! Don't forget, you're celebrating "Afro excellence in all areas of society. Afro hair, culture and identity, will be a showcase for the world." and not just lining pockets under shallow pretences. Can you tell I'm still a NEET by how I have the time to see how not very deep the rabbit hole goes?

Oh and you've heard through a critical lens what woke said, now you get to see her in a freeze frame slightly more flattering than her argument:
Spoiler:
Go appreciate Nienhaus.
Spoiler:
A rolling stone gathers moss and it's nice to remember what's been said, recent or distant, even in no particular order, otherwise I may forget my moss.

MrEousTranger wrote:Cosmic- you are the best poster and I think the most original member here, also great art

jesus.

Qbopper wrote:That card you made of me is awesome, you even managed to work my suggestion in

It's like one of my "whos who in NTR" but with ACTUAL thought and creativity. Good job!

Nilons wrote:That's because if you use art as an analogy, cosmic is painting eloquent well worded posts while you're throwing cans of saghetti at a wal

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Anonmare wrote:You don't have to tell me what happened but you do need to eat this bowl of soup

XSI

Byond Username: XSI

Unread postby XSI » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:18 am #439686

Theres only 365 days to dedicate to something every year
Some days are going to have to be shared, obviously

That hair looks terrible also. Same for dreadlocks.
But that doesn't mean it should be banned. Banning stuff for looking bad would mean we'd be banning pretty near everything

If that's the only styles accessible to them, then I'm sure they'll do their best to look decent
So what exactly is the problem again? That they don't like their options for appearance stuff?
That people don't like their chosen looks?
That they want money and just don't give a shit that they're not making any sort of serious case?

CosmicScientist

Unread postby CosmicScientist » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:57 am #439695

They don't like the lack of African representation African hairstyle representation in American/West European media and the societal pressure to conform to American/West European standards of buying mainstream hair products that need over application to work on African hair.

There was worse hair than that on the promotional posters.
Spoiler:

To be honest they're not being dishonest; their activism is fixing the lack of representation by being the change they want to see.
Go appreciate Nienhaus.
Spoiler:

jesus.

PKPenguin321 wrote:

XSI

Unread postby XSI » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:15 am #439705

Have they considered to, instead of demanding others do it, make things that include it themselves?

Super Aggro Crag

Unread postby Super Aggro Crag » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:54 am #439709

That requires capital

CosmicScientist

Unread postby CosmicScientist » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:06 am #439710

Their African hair fashion event is how they're including themselves and gaining capital at the same time.

I'm not entirely sure if they're demanding others to change or if their MO is "raising awareness"/good feels for black children/let's hook them on a different hair stylist culture. Given their photographs I assume they only visit majority black classrooms as they have some white faces attending and I can't think of another explanation.

It does make me wonder what women put on their hair that is apparently very bad just to look better. I guess at least we're not ancient Egypt with nightshade eyedrops to make pupils look cuter/bigger.
Go appreciate Nienhaus.
Spoiler:

jesus.

PKPenguin321 wrote:

Takeguru

Byond Username: TakeGuru

Unread postby Takeguru » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:39 pm #439746

I mean, I get the intent behind banning dreads in the workplace, but like with anything it depends on how you do it

Common hood rat dreads look terrible but in general can be done nicely and still look professional

Super Aggro Crag

Unread postby Super Aggro Crag » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:03 pm #439761

People say dreads are unhygienic but ive never seen a stinky white kid get told he needs to clean up

ColonicAcid

Unread postby ColonicAcid » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:58 pm #439775

White people dreads are usually vile because they got zero clue on how to clean them whilst black people have curly hair naturally and thus they know how to clean them.

Tho obviously theres some people who just have bad hygiene regardless of whether they're black white or asian.

Screemonster

Unread postby Screemonster » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:35 pm #439788

people of any colour can have bad hygiene but generally speaking the kind of white people who choose to have dreads are the kind of white people to have bad hygiene, while there is no such correlation between black people with dreads and black people with bad hygiene

Luke Cox

Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Unread postby Luke Cox » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:35 pm #439801

So how the fuck is the Swedish government going to turn out? It looks like the center-right alliance isn't going to have any choice but to form a coalition government with the SD

XSI

Unread postby XSI » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:41 pm #439802

>Implying anyone in Sweden will work with SD

Expect a minority government that will keep doing the same things the previous governments have been doing

Luke Cox

Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Unread postby Luke Cox » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:58 pm #439805

Except The Alliance and SDs are just going to cockblock everything. Even if they won't form an alliance, they both have an interest in blocking the same stuff

XSI

Unread postby XSI » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:04 pm #439806

Right, which means nothing will change
Because nobody can push through any changes without support from people who do not support those changes

Super Aggro Crag

Unread postby Super Aggro Crag » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:14 pm #439807

ColonicAcid wrote:White people dreads are usually vile because they got zero clue on how to clean them whilst black people have curly hair naturally and thus they know how to clean them.

Tho obviously theres some people who just have bad hygiene regardless of whether they're black white or asian.

U can have any kind of hair and be a stinky Thats my point

DemonFiren

Unread postby DemonFiren » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:30 pm #439809

but what if you have no hair

checkmate mammals

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

CosmicScientist

Unread postby CosmicScientist » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:56 pm #439815

>implying
Go appreciate Nienhaus.
Spoiler:

jesus.

PKPenguin321 wrote:

DemonFiren

Unread postby DemonFiren » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:02 am #439818

>implying noodles don't shave

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

Malkevin
Confined to the shed

Unread postby Malkevin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:20 am #439834

Is SD sweden's Social Democrats party or is it their 'extremist neo-nazi far right skinhead, that wants to turn all muslims into lampshades' party (as the media would label them)

If the latter, a coalition might make sense... but then it would've made sense for the Lead Lady to form a coalition with UKIP instead of bible thumping paddies.

And as we all know, politics isn't about making sensible decisions.

XSI

Unread postby XSI » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:13 am #439847

From what I've found with minimum research:
Sweden Democrats are the regular nationalists who aren't extreme, they just want to stop the mass immigration and anti-nationalism
Alternative for Sweden (Did not get enough votes for seats in government) is the one that's further right and can be considered more extreme on immigration, though still not even close to historical stances on the matter

It's just a matter of everyone in power being so far-left on immigrants and social factors that the moderates are considered extremists by them, even though they don't really have that extreme a platform
But that's how you'll know what the established parties really think, if they pass over the nationalists then they basically say they consider open borders more important than everything else in their agendas

Malkevin
Confined to the shed

Unread postby Malkevin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 pm #439898

XSI wrote:they just want to stop the mass immigration and anti-nationalism

CosmicScientist

Unread postby CosmicScientist » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:49 pm #440260

>lib dem political broadcast
>"unlike labour, we don't believe in a magic money tree at the end of the tunnel"
>oh, sorry, it's yellow tory
>"BTEC [shitty further education for those who would get an english language degree but failed to qualify for college, let alone uni] needs to be at the front of our education and technology in the digital age"
>"we don't like the conservative's pet project of grammar schools, we want to measure schools in how many children's lives they change, not ticking boxes, education is a right for everyone, not the rich, the lucky or the highly intelligent"
>oh, sorry, it's yellow labour?

Gosh, all these soundbites and I'm still no closer to believing in politics as anything but alternative employment for people with no skills. One thing did strike me during the speech, that students who get A*s at college/sixth form, leave their home for work elsewhere, whilst those who fail stay behind, thanks mate, you're really in touch with how you only have to be a high flyer at college to work anywhere in the UK, there couldn't possibly be failures or useless degrees after that. What are everyone going to do after they get gold stars at BTEC? Move somewhere else for an equally shitty job as they can get in their home city? I'm sorry but you've got the housing market and first time buyer policy to think about first...

Are libdem liberal when not lying to get into office or am I still waiting for someone who's heard of a dictionary to run for office in any party?
Go appreciate Nienhaus.
Spoiler:

jesus.

PKPenguin321 wrote:

Previous

Return to Off Topic