HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [MisterStaub]

Resolved.
Staub
Byond Username: Misterstaub

HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [MisterStaub]

Post by Staub » #37418

Feel free to ask me anything.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561198008046930.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561198008046930]Image[/url]
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Re: HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [MisterStaub]

Post by Scott » #37475

Do you think Heads of Staff positions are generally filled by players too green for the job?

Do you have any plan to increase the numbers of Security Officers players?

What do you think about Asimov? If you want it replaced with another/new lawset, which one?

Choose one out of each pair:

Murderbone is bad - Everything goes

Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart - Bolting powergaming is for faggots who hate fun

Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC - Repeatedly breaking the law every round is reason enough to ban

Subverted silicons should not try to find loopholes in One Human type laws - Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable

Assistants should have maintenance access - Assistants should not have maintenance access

Security players should be allowed to use permanent solutions to deal with people who insist on being problematic - BWOINK

Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do - Roboticists only exist to make cyborgs

Heads of Staff should be allowed to demote their underlings always - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason

Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely - No "stenography"

Rei - Asuka
Last edited by Scott on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #37477

With everyone from zealous advocators of change to promoters of the current status quo to unshakeable foundations of harsh law running for headmin, what sets you apart?
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Staub

Post by Staub » #37485

Do you think Heads of Staff positions are generally filled by players too green for the job?

While the occasional newbie to a departent that picks the corresponding headrole exists i wouldnt say that the majority of head-players are too green for their jobs

Do you have any plan to increase the numbers of Security Officers players?

I think the current security job cap is fine, however the general attitude towards security has to change to get players actually interested in playing security.
To accomplish that we'd need to shift the general sec. playstyle towards more talking while still remaining efficient, not straight up being the silent boogiemen who roam the halls looking for valids.

Choose one out of each pair:

Murderbone is bad - Everything goes

I believe that antagonists should be free to do anything that doesnt break the server rules while paying attention to the current server population, while i do not endorse low population murderbonering.

Upload and Secure Tech and EVA (...) should be bolted at roundstart - Bolting powergaming is for faggots who hate fun

i think preemptive security measures are fine aslong as they dont exceed a certain point like turning brig into an impeccable fortress or placing forcefields around engieneering

Minor to Medium severity crimes should always be dealt IC - Repeatedly breaking the law every round is reason enough to ban

Doing it on an almost regular basis, like breaking into tech storage every round for example should be punished.

Subverted silicons should not try to find loopholes in One Human type laws - Exploiting loopholes is always acceptable

If a player finds a loophole in another players law they should be allowed to abuse said loophole, while i dont think loopholing Asimov should be endorsed, as its the roundstart standard lawset.

Assistants should have maintenance access - Assistants should not have maintenance access

Assistants should have maintenance access.

Security players should be allowed to use permanent solutions to deal with people who insist on being problematic - BWOINK

if a player has nothing but ill intent towards the crew and shows no signs of bettering after minor punishment, permanent measures should be legitimized.

Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do - Roboticists only exist to make cyborgs

Roboticists should be in control of their labs and what they want to do, just as every other science department is free to choose how to handle their job.

Heads of Staff should be allowed to demote their underlings always - Heads of Staff cannot demote without a good reason

Heads of staff should not be allowed to demote without a good reason, being demoted for something petty can potentially ruin a players entire round, so doing that without a good reason should be a no go.

Forums should have a board for people to discuss bans and ban requests freely - No "stenography"

if a player has an issue with an administrative decision they should speak to said admin directly and voice their opinions to them.

Rei - Asuka

Asuka, every day.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561198008046930.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561198008046930]Image[/url]
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #37487

Last pair is not referring to "admin feedback", but the discussion on bans.
Staub

Post by Staub » #37488

Cipher3 wrote:With everyone from zealous advocators of change to promoters of the current status quo to unshakeable foundations of harsh law running for headmin, what sets you apart?
I think our policies and rules are fine, and our admin-team, atleast for the most part, works without internal conflict, so i'd put myself alongside supporters of the current status quo. However, some things need to change. With the addition of singulo, the removal of Steno/Admin Feedback there seems to be quite some tension in the community. In my opinion this should be handled with a more vocal and direct way of acting, players and admins alike should engage in conversation about their problems rather than anonymously shittalking eachother behind their backs, it promotes a very toxic behavior in the long run.
Staub

Post by Staub » #37489

Scott wrote:Last pair is not referring to "admin feedback", but the discussion on bans.
I don't have an issue with people discussing bans as long as they provide valid arguements in said discussions
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #37900

So you think singulo.io is counterproductive to the discussion?

edit: if yes, would you take steps to disassociate the server with it's imageboard past?

Finally, how would you handle a case where someone has a dissenting opinion from you regarding an issue that you felt really really strongly about?
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #37918

What is your opinion on organizing out of SS13 community related activities such as multiplayer games, podcasts, and other stuff like that?

What is your opinion on community meetings on ts3 or other methods? Useful? Waste of time?
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Staub

Post by Staub » #38048

oranges wrote:So you think singulo.io is counterproductive to the discussion?

edit: if yes, would you take steps to disassociate the server with it's imageboard past?

Finally, how would you handle a case where someone has a dissenting opinion from you regarding an issue that you felt really really strongly about?
In its current state, i do think of singulo as quite counterproductive to discussions, but i wouldn't take steps against our /tg/ history. You see im ok with having an imageboard, i just don't think that shittalking people based on very vague information or leaks is in any way productive for either of the involved parties.

I try to stay neutral about all things, but if i do end up feeling to strong about a situation, i try to abstain and let someone else handle it.
Antonkr wrote:What is your opinion on organizing out of SS13 community related activities such as multiplayer games, podcasts, and other stuff like that?

What is your opinion on community meetings on ts3 or other methods? Useful? Waste of time?
Anything that brings the community together is absolutely fine by me, as long as it doesn't end up in the creation of cliques or circlejerks.
TS3 Discussions, in my honest opinion, are a good way to involve players in the administrative process, a player could then directly talk their problems out with an admin, for example, Which i find much better than both parties talking behind each others backs.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #38050

Why do you want to be a headadmin?

What's your view on the recent naming policy change?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Staub

Post by Staub » #38055

peoplearestrange wrote:Why do you want to be a headadmin?

What's your view on the recent naming policy change?
I think that the community in general needs to be less toxic towards one another, i aim to have more player-admin interaction to circumvent people doxxing or shittalking one another based on vague information or leaks.

I have mixed feelings about the name policy change, while i do dislike purely toxic or meme influenced names such as AYY LMAO or Adolf Hitler i dont mind single word names.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #38267

I've got a question:

If you were not running this election, who would you vote for and why?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Staub

Post by Staub » #38318

i would vote for skorvold. He's not once been unreliable, unfriendly or unhelpful in my presence. He's been a great person and admin which is why i think he has everything it takes to handle authority.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #38321

Skorvold is no longer a candidate.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Staub

Post by Staub » #38323

Oh, he withdrew? Then my vote would either fall with you or Hornygranny, as you seem to have the most experience.