Animu Cancer Online 2

Talk about video games here
Stephie

Animu Cancer Online 2

Post by Stephie » #1676

Somebody mentioned it on Erro's forum once, so, obviously, it warrants its own thread. Is anyone here playing it? The game updated with a finale of episode 2 yesterday (as in, another cringeworthy cliffhanger), so, I thought we could talk about how much we love grinding at whatever gives you rares and exp these days, when not playing dressup.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

infinite tears

Post by Cheridan » #1680

Hahaha what's with the gigantic GameGuard sticker? That's a warning more than anything.

PSO was my favorite game ever, but I don't even want to play PSO2 anymore. Between Sega not having any plans for a NA version despite having a fully english-localized version, and the art style which I hate (oh my god PSO had such fantastic art direction. PSO2 is all... soulless doll eyes with weird shaders that make everyone look like plastic. Elegant yet distinct futuristic outfits replaced by bikinis and meidu uniforms.), reading complaints about class balance...
I'm just done. :( And no, I'm not going to waste my effort with translation patches and Japanese captcha bypassing so I can invade someone else's server.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Stephie

Re: Animu Cancer Online 2

Post by Stephie » #1684

>soulless doll eyes with weird shaders that make everyone look like plastic

If you think stock eyes are lifeless, you can just buy better eyes from the latest AC Scratch rotation!
Spoiler:
>Elegant yet distinct futuristic outfits replaced by bikinis and meidu uniforms

You mean school uniforms, the latest of ARKS fashion:
Spoiler:
>reading complaints about class balance

Strangely enough, Sega decided to stop pumping out fetish outfits and anime collaborations for a second and promised to address the problem of some classes (Gunner and Braver as of right now) being too OP. It never worked the last 5 or so times, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Also, short list of unacceptable designs for a final boss of a whole story arc:

>Your images may only be up to 1024 pixels wide.

Why did I even post this if I hate the game so much...
And why am I even still playing it, for that matter?
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #1714

What's wrong with the design? I think it looks kinda nice, actually had a mental flashback to VH Dark Falz in PSO for a second there.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #1717

To me, it misses the mark. Look at PSO Falz:

Yeah, he's got the same glowy magic platform. But Falz is spindly with legs that drop off into nothing, holes punched through him, a giant gaping maw in his chest, pulsating lights separating limbs of black chitin.
He's a proper creepy-as-fuck Science Fantasy final boss.

The other boss is all golden and pretty with doilies on his 9 wings and strands of pearls. It's not that he looks bad, but he comes off as more of a Final Fantasy type boss.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #1730

It does miss the mark on a decent amount, but for some reason it did remind me of PSO Dark Falz for a moment.
Spoiler:
PSO2 also marks the first time ever that there's been multiple Falz out in the open. Each of them seem to control a different subsect of darkers, so I suppose they just want to keep that theme going.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #1733

Oh look, another shitty generic animu mmo
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #1750

Did the english/european version come out yet or is it still relying on translators?
Stephie

Post by Stephie » #1807

Comrade Leo wrote:Did the english/european version come out yet or is it still relying on translators?
Chinese version did come out, apparently, and, from what I heard, it's supposed to be translated. However, it's so behind the Japanese version that it's not even funny. And there's still no sign of the English release.

Huge spoilers for the latest story update:
Reyouka wrote:
Spoiler:
PSO2 also marks the first time ever that there's been multiple Falz out in the open. Each of them seem to control a different subsect of darkers, so I suppose they just want to keep that theme going.
Spoiler:
Having a bunch of Falzes may have had some promise, but, when Luther pulled out his Falz Loser form out of his ass and turned out to be a yet another cosmic horror when we already had 4 of them (with Falz Elder being the only one who did anything important to the story, Apprentice and Twins are story props at best, and Persona is just a random boss with zero personality), I thought they went a little overboard with the idea.
Spoiler:
And I'm just upset that an episode that starts with somebody as awesome as Legias ordering to the entire ARKS fleet: "Kill <your character>!" can end on such an underwhelming cliffhanger.
Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #1865

Spoiler:
I'm just waiting to see if they bust out The Profound Darkness or not.
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #1883

I enjoyed the game when i last played it, but the constant moonspeak and not knowing what some of my skills did ruined it for me. My only complaint is language barrier, but was otherwise very good.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #1890

I finally got over the language issue and got into the game (Patching it to english soon though)

Couldn't help but laugh when the game asked me whether I wanted keyboard and mouse or gamepad though

キーボード&マウス/Kībōdo&mausu or ゲームバシド/Gēmubashido
私は完璧
Stephie

Post by Stephie » #1895

It's ゲームパッド (Gēmupaddo).

Honestly, just knowing kana is enough to struggle through the game, since a lot of words, weapon, skill and PA names included, are actually english, just written in japanese for some reason.

Although, yeah, you probably need some reference for skill descriptions, since there's nothing worse than leveling up Normal Tech Advance as a Force or any of the Halfline/Deadline skills as a Fighter.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #1898

OH yeah, Duh. The symbol above ハ is a mini circle not " so it is Pa not Ba, My bad.

It was nice to use what I know and my Kana table to get through the Login/Character Creation etc. but I'd rather patch it to english so I can just zone out and play.
私は完璧
Stephie

Post by Stephie » #1902

Which server are you playing on, by the way? Both of my characters are on Ship 2, and I doubt I'm moving anywhere any time ever.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #1905

I was told Ship 2 was the best place for the English speaking community, so I'm on ship 2.
私は完璧
Stephie

Post by Stephie » #1907

I was gonna stalk you, but it looks like there's a super important emergency quest going on. Mind sharing your ID so we can get in touch sometime? I'm Sp24 there.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #1908

my display name thing is Remie.
(Edit: cheers for the heads up!)
Last edited by Remie Richards on Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
私は完璧
Stephie

Post by Stephie » #1909

...I think at least one of those names is something that you aren't supposed to tell anybody. I suggest you to edit out the one that you use on the login page.
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #2007

ITT we learn fractions of japanese moonrunes