Config change: rainbow assistants

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderator: In-Game Head Admins

Greytide or Gaytide?

Greytide
43
61%
Gaytide
27
39%
 
Total votes : 70

User avatar
subject217
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 pm
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby subject217 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:11 pm #424913

This change was reverted when the config merge happened. I'd like to see it back. I know that at the time, a vote was done on Greytide vs. Gaytide. Maybe we could run something like this again, or just fix it since it used to be this way anyway.

Edit: I've added a forum poll.
Last edited by subject217 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.



User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Anonmare » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:11 pm #424914

Gaytide pride worldwide

Fuck shitsec cissecs
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Nilons » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:14 pm #424915

rainbowtide was a mistake
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
BeeSting12
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby BeeSting12 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:16 pm #424916

Greytide is better.
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

EagleWiz
 
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:23 am
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby EagleWiz » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:53 pm #424922

The rainbow makes it easier to tell different greyshirts apart, and probably reduces greyshirt solidarity.

User avatar
Anuv
 
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:34 pm
Byond Username: Anuv

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Anuv » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:04 am #424941

Gaytide, give sec something unique to call out on the radio.
Image

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Cobby » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:39 am #424955

If we voted on it I don't see why we would revote on it just because the vote was not in favor of a certain option.
purple man bad

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Grazyn » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:36 am #424985

Cobby wrote:If we voted on it I don't see why we would revote on it just because the vote was not in favor of a certain option.

welcome to trickle-down democracy

EagleWiz wrote:The rainbow makes it easier to tell different greyshirts apart, and probably reduces greyshirt solidarity.

yes, this was the reason the change was made in the first place. At that time it was justified due to greytide being on the rise, I don't see the same situation now.

User avatar
Rustledjimm
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Rustledjimm » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:39 am #424986

gaytide worldwide
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback!

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

PostThis post was deleted by subject217 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:53 am.
Reason: i'm an idiot and repeating myself in my own thread

User avatar
Doritos
 
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:17 am
Byond Username: Zaross

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Doritos » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:13 am #425209

Space ain't free the tree of guns and valids gotta be littered with the blood of Syndies. This ROGUE sec aka "shitcurity" is not my security. they are lings and probably traitors as well : DD. GRAYTIDE not GAYTIDE ok. god bless.
lol

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby PKPenguin321 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:08 pm #425228

The chad greytide
- was here first; a modern classic
- subtle tone allows wearers to blend in
- not afraid to fuck you up and steal your dog

the virgin gaytide
- added in a fit of salt by the infamous paprka
- was the laughing stock of the server ever since it was added
- only liked ironically, will never feel real love
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Dr_bee » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:35 pm #425230

Grazyn wrote:
EagleWiz wrote:The rainbow makes it easier to tell different greyshirts apart, and probably reduces greyshirt solidarity.

yes, this was the reason the change was made in the first place. At that time it was justified due to greytide being on the rise, I don't see the same situation now.


You and I must be playing very different games. Greytiding has only gone up since the config was turned off.

If you want to be a classic greyshirt, take the 2 seconds of effort it takes to use the 3 lockers filled with grey jumpsuits on every map. Rainbow assistants does wonders for sec and helps people identify assholes more easily.

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Lumbermancer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:59 pm #425241

Dr_bee wrote:If you want to be a rainbow assistant, take the 2 seconds of effort it takes to use the 3 lockers filled with colorful jumpsuits on every map.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image
Image

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Anonmare » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:57 pm #425252

The grey jumpsuit is too OP and needs a nerf
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby oranges » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:40 am #425328

GREYTIDE WINS AGAIN BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
as she says in pain

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby bandit » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:38 am #425341

the correct answer is to make it rainbow for pride month and gray all other times

unfortunately we're a month late for that
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Dax Dupont » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:14 am #425344

Grazyn wrote:
Cobby wrote:If we voted on it I don't see why we would revote on it just because the vote was not in favor of a certain option.

welcome to trickle-down democracy

EagleWiz wrote:The rainbow makes it easier to tell different greyshirts apart, and probably reduces greyshirt solidarity.

yes, this was the reason the change was made in the first place. At that time it was justified due to greytide being on the rise, I don't see the same situation now.

So you are saying it did its job?

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Grazyn » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:35 am #425367

It was an emergency measure and it did its job, we don't have an emergency now.

You don't keep the sprinklers open all the time just because they stopped a fire once

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Lumbermancer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:56 am #425376

Grey Tide is just classic Space Station 13, it should never be removed as a default. Like red security, or singularity eng...oh...
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image
Image

Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Space outside the Brig
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Not-Dorsidarf » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:34 am #425377

Grazyn wrote:It was an emergency measure and it did its job, we don't have an emergency now.

You don't keep the sprinklers open all the time just because they stopped a fire once


You might as well say that coastal cities should dismantle their levees every time flooding stops
Image
Still, my support will always go towards the rightful Lord of Yurop, God-Emperor Donald Trump the Trumpst. Trumpingrad for life. He'll make an indiscriminate number of countries great again.


Deadcomic

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Grazyn » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:53 am #425390

Assistants with rainbow suits are blasphemy against everything sacred and it should stay an emergency measure, also its effect is greatly reduced if it becomes a permanent thing because assistants learn to organize despite the difference in colour.

Used sparingly is much more effective at disrupting the tide

User avatar
Arianya
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:27 am
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Arianya » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:04 pm #425391

gaytide 👍
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Dr_bee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:43 pm #425450

Grazyn wrote:Assistants with rainbow suits are blasphemy against everything sacred and it should stay an emergency measure, also its effect is greatly reduced if it becomes a permanent thing because assistants learn to organize despite the difference in colour.

Used sparingly is much more effective at disrupting the tide


It doesnt matter if the tide organizes, it is so people can more easily call out assholes.

It is easier to shout about the asshole assistant in the red jumpsuit instead of the asshole assistant in grey jumpsuit number 29.

This is a non-invasive way of mitigating greytide to make it manageable.

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby bandit » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:28 pm #425489

Dr_bee wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Assistants with rainbow suits are blasphemy against everything sacred and it should stay an emergency measure, also its effect is greatly reduced if it becomes a permanent thing because assistants learn to organize despite the difference in colour.

Used sparingly is much more effective at disrupting the tide


It doesnt matter if the tide organizes, it is so people can more easily call out assholes.

It is easier to shout about the asshole assistant in the red jumpsuit instead of the asshole assistant in grey jumpsuit number 29.

This is a non-invasive way of mitigating greytide to make it manageable.


this is part of the reason it got reverted, so antags can have some cover by disguising as graysuits
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Dr_bee » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:30 am #425499

bandit wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Assistants with rainbow suits are blasphemy against everything sacred and it should stay an emergency measure, also its effect is greatly reduced if it becomes a permanent thing because assistants learn to organize despite the difference in colour.

Used sparingly is much more effective at disrupting the tide


It doesnt matter if the tide organizes, it is so people can more easily call out assholes.

It is easier to shout about the asshole assistant in the red jumpsuit instead of the asshole assistant in grey jumpsuit number 29.

This is a non-invasive way of mitigating greytide to make it manageable.


this is part of the reason it got reverted, so antags can have some cover by disguising as graysuits


Why exactly do they not just disguise themselves via other means? This is not a good reason to revert that change. You can use this as a counter to greytide without hurting antag rounds.

If that was the actual reason for the revert, it is sad. Stop babying antags, self antag or actual antag.

User avatar
kevinz000
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:41 am
Location: Dorm Room 3
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby kevinz000 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:28 am #425614

grey is far better.
assistant pride.
grey is an iconic color of the assistants and should not be taken away.

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby PKPenguin321 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:34 am #425700

kevinz000 wrote:grey is far better.
assistant pride.
grey is an iconic color of the assistants and should not be taken away.

Blessed post
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
MrStonedOne
Site Admin
 
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:56 pm
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby MrStonedOne » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:23 am #425712

So what you're saying is, we should remove assmaint
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder


MrStonedOne on Reddit(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord.

[10:55 AM] spookydonut: stonedmc is the work of a criminally insane mad genius

User avatar
subject217
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 pm
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby subject217 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:25 am #425714

bandit wrote:this is part of the reason it got reverted, so antags can have some cover by disguising as graysuits

Was this "revert" ever actually discussed? It was my understanding that it was just one of the things missed when configs were unified.

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: freedom land
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby iksyp » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:53 am #425720

no
ignore this poster he has brain damage

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Grazyn » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:16 am #425728

You want to neuter the greytide forever and make it so no one would ever play assistant again? It's simple

rainbow suits
remove assmaint
set box as the only map (in case some assistant manage to get maint access from hop, also no public lathe)
remove public toolboxes
assistant cap because why not

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby somerandomguy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:11 pm #425903

Grazyn wrote:You want to neuter the greytide forever and make it so no one would ever play assistant again? It's simple

rainbow suits
remove assmaint
set box as the only map (in case some assistant manage to get maint access from hop, also no public lathe)
remove public toolboxes
assistant cap because why not

Engi tide

User avatar
Anuv
 
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:34 pm
Byond Username: Anuv

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Anuv » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:40 pm #426004

What if it was made into a random trigger/event? Kinda like how the staffing thing can happen or a random humanlike intlliegent animal
Image

User avatar
CitrusGender
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:34 pm
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby CitrusGender » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:02 am #426755

Image

looks like gaytide wins, sorry guys
Code: Select all
You can't eat the orange, and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit.

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Lumbermancer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:38 am #426774

Image
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image
Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby PKPenguin321 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:55 pm #426922

CitrusGender wrote:Image

looks like gaytide wins, sorry guys

The virgin headmin vs the chad gamemaster
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
CreationPro
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:11 am
Location: Commiefornia
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby CreationPro » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:45 pm #426932

CitrusGender wrote:Image

looks like gaytide wins, sorry guys

Image
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
Image

IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote:i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay


Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.

<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins

trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.

Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.

Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;

User avatar
Doctor Pork
 
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:31 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby Doctor Pork » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:19 am #432432

Add it to the admins secret menu so we can meme it at roundstart like triple ai mode.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander

Image
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad

Image
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle

User avatar
MrStonedOne
Site Admin
 
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:56 pm
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: Config change: rainbow assistants

Unread postby MrStonedOne » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:33 pm #432472

well, strictly speaking you can do that now by editing the config controller.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder


MrStonedOne on Reddit(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord.

[10:55 AM] spookydonut: stonedmc is the work of a criminally insane mad genius


Return to Policy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nilons, Not-Dorsidarf and 2 guests