[Lazengann] Dakka_Git SILLY NAME

Appeals which have been closed.

Moderators: In-Game Admin, Game Server Operators, In-Game Head Admins

User avatar
Dakka_Git
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:53 pm

[Lazengann] Dakka_Git SILLY NAME

Unread postby Dakka_Git » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:03 pm #430803

Byond account and character name:Dakka_Git JIM M.E. M.D.
Banning admin:[Lazegann
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Custom Appearance
Ban reason and length:SILLY NAME
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 1pm central time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):Bagil
Your side of the story: I started playing ss13 again after a few years. Chose the name IM ME. Some other admin asked me to change it. So I changed it to JIM ME. Then thought that wasn't good enough so I changed it to JIM M.E. as though the M.E. where intials. I figured why not go a little further and added M.D. as in medical doctor just for kicks and noticed it spell MEM'D essentially so I lol'd and went with that. I played for a few more days with no issues until Lazengann boinked me and said to change it again. I told him no. He quoted rule #3 at me. I told him my name obviously fits that criteria and I wasn't changing it. We argued some more. He gave me an appearance ban. Then he told me to enjoy the rest of the round. I told him that would be a lot easier if trialmins weren't breathing down my neck and nitpicking rules to fuel their little ban boners.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I can get the 1st request to change my name, but the 2nd one is just reaching for it.



PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:28 pm.
Reason: New peanut policy

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:28 pm.
Reason: Response to delet

User avatar
Lazengann
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:26 pm
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: [Lazengann] Dakka_Git SILLY NAME

Unread postby Lazengann » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:17 pm #430810

Hi, thank you for taking the time to appeal your ban. The full ban reason:

Appearance banned - Refused to change his name from "JIM M.E M.D." His previous name was "IM ME". He disagrees that his name violates the naming policy. Round ID 91935.


While you say you "played for a few days with no issue," it was only yesterday that you were told "IM ME" was unacceptable and given a note to that effect. Our naming policy is best explained on the rules page here https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Rule_3_Precedents. My criticisms with your chosen name are that it's in all capital letters, it has no last name(just initials), and it has honorifics which we don't allow in names.

Rule 3 Precedents wrote:Excessively OOC names fall under rule 3. Make a minimum effort to have your name fit in a setting involving a wacky space station in the future. A firstname lastname minimum is required and no honorifics are allowed. Nicknames in the middle are ok. Admins may get involved if your name is dumb and can approve or disallow names at their discretion while ingame.


I hope this helps to explain my reasoning. I won't be lifting this at this time as you haven't shown you understand our naming policy. One of our head administrators will be along to review your appeal at their earliest convenience.

User avatar
Krusvik
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:19 pm
Byond Username: Krusvik

Re: [Lazengann] Dakka_Git SILLY NAME

Unread postby Krusvik » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:20 am #430989

While this has been resolved, I would like to take the chance here to point something out to you in hopes that you benefit from it, Dakka_Git.

Dakka_Git wrote:... I told him that would be a lot easier if trialmins weren't breathing down my neck and nitpicking rules to fuel their little ban boners.


Arianya wrote:Thinks that he can win arguments by noting that an admin is a trial admin.


Feemjmeem wrote:... Spawned into three successive ash walkers to attack the other ash walkers because they killed them in a prior life. I explained that this was metagrudging and the player had some issues accepting that...


Owegno wrote:... told not to randomly attack security to jailbreak someone who got validly arrested. Reply PM from-Dakka Git/(Untouchable): No fuck you. I do what want...


This kind of combative behavior has never benefited any player nor admin, and I've only ever seen it people who either refuse to respect and adhere server policy or admin enforcement of that policy, which we have a public forum for the entire community to weigh in their opinion. In time those individuals are no longer apart of this community, either by their own decision or the natural conclusion of continued conflict and animosity.

I address this, with respect, in your best interest.

User avatar
Dakka_Git
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:53 pm

Re: [Lazengann] Dakka_Git SILLY NAME

Unread postby Dakka_Git » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:53 pm #431070

Krusvik wrote:While this has been resolved, I would like to take the chance here to point something out to you in hopes that you benefit from it, Dakka_Git.

Dakka_Git wrote:... I told him that would be a lot easier if trialmins weren't breathing down my neck and nitpicking rules to fuel their little ban boners.


Arianya wrote:Thinks that he can win arguments by noting that an admin is a trial admin.


Feemjmeem wrote:... Spawned into three successive ash walkers to attack the other ash walkers because they killed them in a prior life. I explained that this was metagrudging and the player had some issues accepting that...


Owegno wrote:... told not to randomly attack security to jailbreak someone who got validly arrested. Reply PM from-Dakka Git/(Untouchable): No fuck you. I do what want...


This kind of combative behavior has never benefited any player nor admin, and I've only ever seen it people who either refuse to respect and adhere server policy or admin enforcement of that policy, which we have a public forum for the entire community to weigh in their opinion. In time those individuals are no longer apart of this community, either by their own decision or the natural conclusion of continued conflict and animosity.

I address this, with respect, in your best interest.


No, the best way to deal with any over-reaching admin on any server in any game is to be aggressive and combative. You don't let bullies know you can be bullied.

People can go judge the owegno thread themselves. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9671&p=255394#p255394 in this he particularly deserved it.

Stating an admin is a trial admin is a valid point. If they were capable of being admin they would have the title and not need to go through a test and see phase.

I don't even remember the ashwalker thing and it's not in my post history as far as I can see.

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Lazengann] Dakka_Git SILLY NAME

Unread postby Saegrimr » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:37 pm #431075

Dakka_Git wrote:No, the best way to deal with any over-reaching admin on any server in any game is to be aggressive and combative. You don't let bullies know you can be bullied.

People can go judge the owegno thread themselves. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9671&p=255394#p255394 in this he particularly deserved it.

Stating an admin is a trial admin is a valid point. If they were capable of being admin they would have the title and not need to go through a test and see phase.

I don't even remember the ashwalker thing and it's not in my post history as far as I can see.


Looking forward to that rule 0 appeal, lot of much more convincing people tried to pull that shit and none of them are still here.

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [Lazengann] Dakka_Git SILLY NAME

Unread postby Cobby » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:43 am #431114

Let’s move that discussion elsewhere, this thread is done pending headmins (very seriously doubt but muh chain)
Image


Return to Resolved Appeals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests