Appeals which have been closed.
zaracka
Byond Username: Zaracka

(tribeofbeavers) zaracka - note

Post by zaracka » #431617

Byond account and character name: zaracka random name
Banning admin: tribeofbeavers
Ban type (What are you banned from?): note
Ban reason and length: Warned not to send excessively spammy messages to the other stations with the command console.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-07-15 00:13:14
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): bagil
Your side of the story: people send large block text memes all the time, originally I would agree that its against the rules, but after it happening so often and being overlooked, ignored, and even involve admins as participants, I figured it was okay. its unfair to black mark me for a one and first time occurrence for something that's not against the rules in practice. it was one large meme message with a repeating character, which is why the note is technically accurate (spammy), but technically not sending a message repeatedly (spam). if I log dive I can find plenty of instances where people have sent block announcements repeatedly with no repercussions, admins included.
Why you think you should be unbanned: recent example: how many of these people were noted including the admin who sent the tip? https://imgur.com/RfbZjlE its a common occurrence be it in ooc or comms announcements

first time and only time ive done something like this after noticing it was common practice in the community, meme for reference: [2018-07-15 00:09:43.839] SAY: zaracka/(Harvey Batten) has sent a message to the other server: yeah boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (120,135,2)
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: (tribeofbeavers) zaracka - note

Post by BeeSting12 » #431618

Yea boiii with that many i's isn't spam especially when you see others sending paragraph long messages/copypastas. Infact thats all the allied station message is used for
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #431644

A few things:

First, just because it doesn't seem like admins are doing something doesn't mean we aren't talking to people about spamming. Warnings and notes are pretty much never visible to people outside the involved party. I am aware this feature is often used for spam and that other people often send worse stuff, but just because other people do it doesn't mean that it's a good thing to do, or that they don't get told to stop.

Second, we often have to note people for "first and only time occurrences", otherwise there would be no way for the next admin to know if someone has a history of repeatedly doing something minor.

Third, your example image is quite different as it was outside of an ongoing round. If people were spamming OOC like that during a round it would almost certainly be muted and people would be told to knock it off if they kept going after it was re-enabled. In addition, OOC (and tip of the round) text is far smaller than the station message one, which fills up most of your textbox when longer messages are sent (and also affects people across multiple servers).

As it stands I would leave it, as you did send send the message and it is against the rules to spam radio channels (which I considered this to be, as we don't have any specific ruling on inter-station messages) and the message didn't really have a purpose other than to be somewhat annoying and fill up the chat box of the other people playing. However, I would probably change the wording to be a bit more clear that it wasn't like a series of messages being sent.

That said, I would like a headmin to weigh in as to what is or isn't allowed with the inter-station message function. If they say this kind of thing is fine I'll gladly remove the note.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #431647

To repeat what I said in adminbus, it might not be in line with previous enforcement but it should be. If it hasn't been enforced before: that should end now.

This is against the rules and is spam, I'm sorry if other people got away with it but that's just what happens sometimes. I try to find out the server that it happened on and a lot of time there will be admins that don't do anything.
This shouldn't happen and admins should prevent this from happening.

I'm a bit in between removing the note since you are correct that other people are doing it and haven't been noted for it, but that does not mean that you should be allowed to do it in this case.

As such, I'm going to deny this appeal. Any other headmin can post.