rev rules are fucking gay

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderator: In-Game Head Admins

asskek
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:53 pm
Byond Username: Asskek

rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby asskek » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:58 pm #432496

rev policy: if you're implanted or not a rev, even just a shithead greyshirt who's obviously griefing, you have a free pass to murder literally everyone, whether they're a rev or not. doesn't matter if they're not violent, just execute them on a spot, ask questions after they're dead.

in other words: "admins tell people with legitimate ahelps to eat shit and die" the roundtype

how do we fix this



User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby Nilons » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:21 pm #432497

asskek wrote:how do we fix this

removing revs
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
SpaceInaba
 
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:03 pm
Location: https://image.dhgate.com/0x0/f2/albu/g5/M00/D9/C7/rBVaI1ihdOeAHKpWAALr7Dtf7Dw111.jpg
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby SpaceInaba » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:32 pm #432501

Image
Spoiler:
Edit signature

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
NSFW:
There is a 4096 character limit.

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby Cobby » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:46 pm #432502

It's not a problem. Just deal with the fact that it is a rev round and either suicide/server hop/afk.

Now people intentionally delaying the end during rev by hiding.... now that's a thread.
Image

User avatar
BeeSting12
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby BeeSting12 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:36 pm #432514

We have three servers and a ton of ghost roles. Join another server or play a ghost role if you die.
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

User avatar
Ayy Lemoh
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby Ayy Lemoh » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:50 am #432522

Cobby wrote:It's not a problem. Just deal with the fact that it is a rev round and either suicide/server hop/afk.

BeeSting12 wrote:We have three servers and a ton of ghost roles. Join another server or play a ghost role if you die.

These sound like awful solutions in terms of answering 'people keep fucking killing other people for no reason'. Imagine applying this to every gamemode including extended because people keep killing you for no good reasons.

Also you still need some sort of reason to kill people unless shit is really fucked. Sec shouldn't hear 'revs' and then immediately gib everyone, even braindeads, because they existed. If that actually happened then the gamemode would be removed or changed heavily because no one would want to bother. I was literally told that I couldn't space anyone using a flash to try and pretend they're a headrev (only a few jobs make sense having a flash while every other is just shady and fucking tedious to deal with).

User avatar
BeeSting12
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby BeeSting12 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:55 am #432525

Don't know who told you the thing about spacing people with a flash but I see no issue with spacing someone with a flash if it's already confirmed revs.
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby Cobby » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:42 am #432535

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Cobby wrote:It's not a problem. Just deal with the fact that it is a rev round and either suicide/server hop/afk.

BeeSting12 wrote:We have three servers and a ton of ghost roles. Join another server or play a ghost role if you die.

These sound like awful solutions in terms of answering 'people keep fucking killing other people for no reason'. Imagine applying this to every gamemode including extended because people keep killing you for no good reasons.

Also you still need some sort of reason to kill people unless shit is really fucked. Sec shouldn't hear 'revs' and then immediately gib everyone, even braindeads, because they existed. If that actually happened then the gamemode would be removed or changed heavily because no one would want to bother. I was literally told that I couldn't space anyone using a flash to try and pretend they're a headrev (only a few jobs make sense having a flash while every other is just shady and fucking tedious to deal with).


Why would I apply it to every gamemode when rev is not every gamemode?

It is literally the tdm-cooldown mode, I don't mind making admin accommodations for that.
Image

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby Cobby » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:43 am #432536

Also if someone is acting like a headrev, saying viva while flashing people and the like, then when they get treated like one they call admins, their ahelp should be closed if not getting in trouble for banbaiting.
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby oranges » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:56 am #432573

>be me admin
>ahelp in rev round
>spend 15 minutes trying to answer it while 30 more ahelps flood in
or
>smash that IC button in the knowledge that the round will end around the 20 minute mark
Image

Dajcie mi człowieka, a paragraf się znajdzie

Floiven
 
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:20 pm
Byond Username: Brak7000

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby Floiven » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:22 am #432586

Rev rounds are like that purge movie, probably a good idea to let people blow off steam. Kinda makes sense too from where the roundtype is coming from, fed up crew just tearing it all down.

User avatar
leibniz
 
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Seeking help
Byond Username: Leibniz

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby leibniz » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:38 am #432587

It's established that sec can pre-emptively kill everyone in rev in self-defense so I strongly recommend that non-revs kill all security in a pre-pre-emptive strike.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement

asskek
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:53 pm
Byond Username: Asskek

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby asskek » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:21 pm #432600

leibniz wrote:It's established that sec can pre-emptively kill everyone in rev in self-defense so I strongly recommend that non-revs kill all security in a pre-pre-emptive strike.

it's not just sec doing it

Cobby wrote:Also if someone is acting like a headrev, saying viva while flashing people and the like, then when they get treated like one they call admins, their ahelp should be closed if not getting in trouble for banbaiting.

see above, and it's not necessarily people ACTING like revs. if you're even vaguely near brig after latejoining, you're fucking dead dude

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby Cobby » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:20 pm #432742

I'd go with just make everyone a survivor during rev so the neutrals don't get cucked out off the fight :^)
Image

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby bandit » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:19 am #432747

bring back rev = admins hands off
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby iamgoofball » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 am #432762

Asskek, anyone not a rev = security's team

User avatar
WarbossLincoln
 
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 pm
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby WarbossLincoln » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:32 pm #432827

Cobby wrote:I'd go with just make everyone a survivor during rev so the neutrals don't get cucked out off the fight :^)


You know, this isn't a half bad idea. I wonder if it could be beneficial to just go fully TDM on revs and not even pretend it's anything but.

Once there are a certain % of living revs to all other crew on the station trigger the following:

All Heads of Staff and implanted people: become a Loyalist team "antag" with objectives to keep the heads of staff alive. You still have the element of lack of knowledge if you don't have SecHUDs so you won't know who is implanted and who isn't. Usual level of leeway for them during revs if they kill another implanted crewman by accident if it's really an accident.
All Revs: stay the same
Everyone else: become a survivor.

If you get converted to either side, or get an implant removed, it shifts your antag status to the appropriate level.

Lets embrace Revs as the round ending catastrophe it really is, like Nuke Ops.
--Crocodillo

Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Space outside the Brig
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby Not-Dorsidarf » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:24 pm #432994

iamgoofball wrote:Asskek, anyone not a rev = security's team


This is blatantly not true, otherwise sec would be banned all the time for mass-executions of their own team
Image
Still, my support will always go towards the rightful Lord of Yurop, God-Emperor Donald Trump the Trumpst. Trumpingrad for life. He'll make an indiscriminate number of countries great again.


Deadcomic

asskek
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:53 pm
Byond Username: Asskek

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby asskek » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:21 am #433086

see, here's the deal, i was a big hippie player and on hippie, revs was hands-off for admins. the problem here is that there's no indication of this fact and admins are totally wild and inconsistent in their rulings. i'm fine with inconsistency between admins but it shouldn't affect an entire gametype

either have revs be hands-off or don't have it be hands-off at all

User avatar
TehSteveo
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:31 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby TehSteveo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:35 am #433089

Revs generally is (or was) hands off except in extreme cases; such as team killing purposefully without reason.
Freedom

User avatar
Ayy Lemoh
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby Ayy Lemoh » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:55 pm #433131

if revs is hands off then how about we just skip the part that everyone hates and just have the roundstart message say "it's revs"

If we're gonna have a gamemode where it's just TDM then why add in stealth which everyone hates because the round abruptly ends ten minutes in when you were doing a cool project?

User avatar
WarbossLincoln
 
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 pm
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby WarbossLincoln » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:22 pm #433134

That's not why people bitch about revs. They bitch about revs because most of the station ends up dead and sometimes the round can take an hour+ with 25 people left alive.

A big reason people bitch is because it's a TDM mode where at least 1/3 of the station isn't on a team. They're not revs, they're not actively helping sec, but they're going to become victims of either side.

Revs will murder anyone without an R above them because of a host of reasons. 1: valids, cause depriving someone else of fun is enjoyable to some. 2: Too lazy to capture someone for conversion even if you have a taser or something. 3: Legitimately not able to convert someone cause the head revs fucked off on a solo war with the Heads and aren't converting anymore. 4: anyone might be implanted, better kill them to be safe. A more justifiable reason.

If Sec has implants ready then you're fine if you get picked up. But if they don't you'll sit there for 10 minutes waiting on them to find some. If things get too bad they'll just kill everyone they see without an implant.

It's a TDM round type where a lot of the station will just feel like victims to it instead of participants. Being a victim, or turning the tables on an antag who tries, is a big part of normal game modes like Traitor, but it doesn't work out well in Rev.
--Crocodillo

Eskjjlj
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:26 am
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby Eskjjlj » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:28 pm #433135

Sec murdering anyone non implanted who gets too close is ok given the circumstances of a rev round.
What is not fair in my opinion is going on a purge as a regular crewmember without even wearing HuD glasses to see who is mindshielded.

But to be honest rev is too confusing as a gamemode as it is basically a TDM with a lot of people not knowing who is part of the enemy team.
For example : That one time I killed a rev head as an assistant and 3 non rev crew members tried to kill me for it. I assumed they were revs because I had no hud glasses and eventually I kill them and figure out they were mindshielded... I didn't get bwoinked for it though. That's proof of how much leeway the admins give during revs.

PS : I want to add after reading the message above mine that unless you have the ability to know who is an enemy by observing their behavior you WILL be a victim during a rev round. It may be obvious to veterans that the guy walking a tile too close or looking the wrong way is an enemy. But for the more causual players they don't see the attack coming and get murdered without having a chance to fight back.

I don't want to casualize the game but we have to take into account that not all players are good at the game.
Last edited by Eskjjlj on Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ayy Lemoh
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby Ayy Lemoh » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:34 pm #433136

WarbossLincoln wrote:That's not why people bitch about revs. They bitch about revs because most of the station ends up dead and sometimes the round can take an hour+ with 25 people left alive.

A big reason people bitch is because it's a TDM mode where at least 1/3 of the station isn't on a team. They're not revs, they're not actively helping sec, but they're going to become victims of either side.

I was just making an example but yeah that's a more correct reason.

User avatar
TehSteveo
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:31 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby TehSteveo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:27 am #433189

Ayy Lemoh wrote:if revs is hands off then how about we just skip the part that everyone hates and just have the roundstart message say "it's revs"

If we're gonna have a gamemode where it's just TDM then why add in stealth which everyone hates because the round abruptly ends ten minutes in when you were doing a cool project?
The game isn't catered around someone doing cool projects. No matter what gamemode it is, except extended, those projects are always at risk or not as I've been able to been ignored by everyone in my cozy hole as I never left and nobody cared to look for me or needed the area. It's the nature of SS13.
Freedom

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby Cobby » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:35 am #433191

Honestly most “cool projects” are really just finishing your job for the loot so you can validhunt/enable a validhunter.

Chicken/egg but I don’t see a lot of “cool projects”, and I’m on the server where it’s only 2-3 gamemodes
Image

User avatar
WarbossLincoln
 
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 pm
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby WarbossLincoln » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:19 pm #433252

Sometime about a week ago I saw the clown build a signularity engine in the theater. Does that count as a cool project?

It lasted less than 5 minutes before escaping.
--Crocodillo

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby Dax Dupont » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:34 am #433530

WarbossLincoln wrote:Sometime about a week ago I saw the clown build a signularity engine in the theater. Does that count as a cool project?

It lasted less than 5 minutes before escaping.

God bless that man

User avatar
WarbossLincoln
 
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 pm
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Re: rev rules are fucking gay

Unread postby WarbossLincoln » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:09 pm #433945

It was great. I was either a chemist or doctor, can't remember. I came in as he was finishing up containment. I went back to medbay to make some radiation medicine so I could watch and by the time I walked back it was loose and the bar/botany were gone.
--Crocodillo


Return to Policy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Deitus and 1 guest