Areas of Improvement

Moderators: Jalleo, Vekter, Munchlax, oranges

lmwevil
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Lmwevil

Areas of Improvement

Unread postby lmwevil » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:40 pm #437854

Let me preface this by saying this isn't a thread to attack any individuals but instead state your opinion and give voters insight as to your methods.

What is a notable event with the former headmins that you think could have been done better?

State your concerns if any and your personal spin on how you would combat X or Y.

Nabski
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Areas of Improvement

Unread postby Nabski » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:52 pm #437856

Notable events that I thought went really poorly.

Animetiddies.

Goofball.

Both of these left the rest of the admin team going ????? and having no clue what was actually happening. Especially in the second one. The biggest change there would be giving a comment in discord BEFORE doing high drama activities. Some of that was Ausops, but still.

Oh: They declared Pepper Oni is an acceptable name and I think it's an abomination.

An unseen thing that I thought they did really well on was Rustled(rest in peace)'s administrative to do list. It didn't get finished but it was a good attempt.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Unused but hilarious sprite repository.

Rustledjimm
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Unread postby Rustledjimm » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:10 pm #437858

Nabski wrote:
An unseen thing that I thought they did really well on was Rustled(rest in peace)'s administrative to do list. It didn't get finished but it was a good attempt.

I will be pushing for it's use as a GameMaster and also pushing for the continue of the items we were reviewing as well as bringing up further items I think are worthy of review. Don't worry, just because I'm not going to be a Headmin doesn't mean I'm not going to keep doing what I thought was right.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback!

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

jcll
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Jcll
Github Username: jcll

Unread postby jcll » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:22 am #438009

Better intra-team combination. Considering a lot of the goofball event could have been better taken care of better if everyone was better informed of the conversations between goof and some members of the team.

This is not something I like criticizing the current team for. But I do think there has been a lot of indecision this term. Not blaming anyone for it since there has been a lot of drama and mess this past 6 months but it is something that I'd like future teams to keep in mind.

BeeSting12
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Unread postby BeeSting12 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:40 pm #438043

Can I get specific examples of indecision @jcll?

The biggest fuckup I've seen the whole term was the iamgoofball situation. The blame for not communicating it to the admin team is on the headmins, but in all fairness, they did think goofball had information that could harm sawrge IRL which should never happen over a 2d atmos sim. That would be a tough decision to make. They also had to deal with Hornygranny leaking shit, Ausops, and armhulenn quit right in the middle of it. Once they had the transparency thread up in the town hall I think it went a lot better for them.
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

Stickymayhem
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Unread postby Stickymayhem » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:23 pm #438138

They were too slow in killing some badmins. I think waiting for a specific fuck up moment is a bad way to do things. Bite the bullet and kill a shitmin if they're causing constant minor problems. We ban players for less and admins should be a higher standard anyway.

Other than that some stuff has already been mentioned that's relevant but that's a big thing I'd want to deal with. It's really an execution problem over a policy change.

Omni Tears

Spoiler:

CitrusGender
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Unread postby CitrusGender » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:30 pm #438140

Stickymayhem wrote:They were too slow in killing some badmins. I think waiting for a specific fuck up moment is a bad way to do things. Bite the bullet and kill a shitmin if they're causing constant minor problems. We ban players for less and admins should be a higher standard anyway.

Other than that some stuff has already been mentioned that's relevant but that's a big thing I'd want to deal with. It's really an execution problem over a policy change.

I appreciate you being consistent in your criticism. I know this is a bit difficult but it's kinda hard to deadmin people outright due to the drama that results afterwards.

Good on you for maintaining you convictions though, I know you had this concern like 3 months ago.
Code: Select all
You can't eat the orange, and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit.

Stickymayhem
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Unread postby Stickymayhem » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:15 pm #438169

CitrusGender wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:They were too slow in killing some badmins. I think waiting for a specific fuck up moment is a bad way to do things. Bite the bullet and kill a shitmin if they're causing constant minor problems. We ban players for less and admins should be a higher standard anyway.

I appreciate you being consistent in your criticism. I know this is a bit difficult but it's kinda hard to deadmin people outright due to the drama that results afterwards.

Good on you for maintaining you convictions though, I know you had this concern like 3 months ago.

its genuinely hard to find criticism of you guys you didnt do anything wrong. at worst you didnt do some shit perfectly.

like my problem is literally "it took too long for them to take the right action" but whether you took the right action was rarely in doubt tbh

Omni Tears

Spoiler:

Return to Candidate Debates