Discord ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.

Moderators: In-Game Admin, Game Server Operators, In-Game Head Admins

User avatar
Shezza
 
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen

Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Shezza » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:53 am #438023

Discord ID and (if not the same) your commonly used names: Shezza
Banning admin (if known): Rustledjimm
Time ban was placed (approximate): 07/09/18
Your side of the story: I pinged the admins once
Why you think you should be unbanned: it was retarded of me



User avatar
Nervere
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:38 am
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Nervere » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:37 pm #438055

This was a stupid ban.
Qbopper did the exact same thing Shezza did - no one banned him. I kicked Qbopper for this, and then admins gave him his roles back anyway.
Why are we giving different punishments for different players, even when these role pings happened around the same time?
Why weren't a bunch of others banned for the ping spam happening before?
Most of all, why would Rustledjimm ban someone for the same stupid shit he does all the time?: https://imgur.com/a/SuIvh5K

User avatar
BeeSting12
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby BeeSting12 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:39 pm #438056

Because you can suppress @everyone but not @Trial Admin?

Trial Admin is a role used for serious issues.
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

User avatar
Nervere
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:38 am
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Nervere » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:52 pm #438057

You can't blame players for doing a meme @Trial Admin ping when one of the headmins had just showed it was perfectly fine with his worthless @everyone ping.
Everyone who got banned for this should've been unbanned.
This was valid by our current escalation policy, too:
Escalation Policy wrote:You may instigate conflict with another player within reason (you cant completley destroy their department, kill them unprovoked, or otherwise take them out of the round for long periods of time) but they are entitled to respond with violence. If you think its unfair or excessive they killed you for taking their ID, consider not stealing next round.

If you think it's unfair or excessive the playerbase pinged @Trial Admins, consider not pinging @everyone next round.
(Seriously, the amount of worthless pings that RustledJimm been doing has become a problem and just pisses everyone off whenever it happens.)

User avatar
CitrusGender
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:34 pm
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby CitrusGender » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:12 pm #438058

I try not to get my head wrapped around small stuff like this unless it becomes a problem. Nervere is probably right that we shouldn't be kicking people for worthless pings when we basically do the same.

Though, I know Shezza has been kicked for it before.

This is more that Jimm shouldn't @everyone-ing so that we can actually have consequences for shezza @trial admin-ing.
Though, it may be deeper than that. Anyways, I don't see any reason for this ban to stick. @owegno should weigh in since it's a headmin ban.
Code: Select all
You can't eat the orange, and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit.

User avatar
Rustledjimm
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Rustledjimm » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:17 pm #438059

@everyone can be muted and ignored.

role pings cannot be muted and ignored and are supposed to be used for informing admins of something important.

Normally I would warn and kick someone for abusing a role ping. This happened. Then several others saw what happened to that person and decided the smart thing to do was to repeat what they did. So for their stupidity they received bans.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback!

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby iksyp » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:06 pm #438064

consider the following:
there's actually 0 reasons to be able to ping all admins
e: i should elaborate
@ Key Holder the server's down
@ Maintainer hey is this PR okay?
@ Head Admin Hey I'd like to know more specifically about x policy change
@ Trial Admin I need an admin on bagil
replace that trialmin ping with
adminhelp "hey chad thundercock is murdering everyone on bagil and he's security can we get an admin???"
Last edited by iksyp on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Qbmax32
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Dark, wet, disgusting basement
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Qbmax32 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:09 pm #438065

Rustledjimm wrote:
role pings cannot be muted and ignored and are supposed to be used for informing admins of something important.




@Trial Admin I hope everyone is having a great day

@Trial Admin Good morning everyone!

@Trial Admin hiiiiiiii!
Image
(Kevinz000 making himself huge during clockcult "testing". 150 hours!)
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&p=370393#p370393 for feedback plz
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead

CitrusGender wrote:I love it when people feed me my own fried legs

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby iksyp » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:29 pm #438066

Rustledjimm wrote:Normally I would warn and kick someone for abusing a role ping. This happened.

also i don't mean to sound salty by posting again but how dare you make a slip up, everybody was banned
I'M ONTO YOU JIM
Image

User avatar
BeeSting12
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby BeeSting12 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:39 pm #438077

Nervere wrote:You can't blame players for doing a meme @Trial Admin ping when one of the headmins had just showed it was perfectly fine with his worthless @everyone ping.
Everyone who got banned for this should've been unbanned.
This was valid by our current escalation policy, too:
Escalation Policy wrote:You may instigate conflict with another player within reason (you cant completley destroy their department, kill them unprovoked, or otherwise take them out of the round for long periods of time) but they are entitled to respond with violence. If you think its unfair or excessive they killed you for taking their ID, consider not stealing next round.

If you think it's unfair or excessive the playerbase pinged @Trial Admins, consider not pinging @everyone next round.
(Seriously, the amount of worthless pings that RustledJimm been doing has become a problem and just pisses everyone off whenever it happens.)

Are you seriously applying escalation policy for the game to fucking discord?
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:59 pm.
Reason: non-admin speaking as an admin

User avatar
Shezza
 
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Shezza » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:08 pm #438094

If @everyone pings are okay because you can supress the pings, then @trial admin is okay because you can block the person.
/s

Both are obviously not okay. And are annoyances.

However annoying the playerbase as a admin brings no consequences as opposed to annoying admins which leaves you with a ban.

NSFW:
Image

User avatar
obscolene
 
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:37 am
Location: In it 2 win it :-]
Byond Username: Obscolene

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby obscolene » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:15 pm #438095

Rustledjimm wrote:@everyone can be muted and ignored.

Except I want to be notified of important /tg/ happenings without being uselessly pinged. Players shouldn't have to disable their ability to be notified of announcements in the discord just so they won't get needlessly pinged by apes with a constant need for attention.

User avatar
Qbmax32
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Dark, wet, disgusting basement
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Qbmax32 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:22 pm #438096

obscolene wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:@everyone can be muted and ignored.

Except I want to be notified of important /tg/ happenings without being uselessly pinged. Players shouldn't have to disable their ability to be notified of announcements in the discord just so they won't get needlessly pinged by apes with a constant need for attention.





Stop being smart god damn it
Image
(Kevinz000 making himself huge during clockcult "testing". 150 hours!)
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&p=370393#p370393 for feedback plz
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead

CitrusGender wrote:I love it when people feed me my own fried legs

User avatar
Nervere
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:38 am
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Nervere » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:23 pm #438097

BeeSting12 wrote:Are you seriously applying escalation policy for the game to fucking discord?

I don't know how it could have been any more obvious that was a joke.

User avatar
wubli
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:10 am
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby wubli » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:24 pm #438099

obscolene wrote:Players shouldn't have to disable their ability to be notified of announcements in the discord just so they won't get needlessly pinged by apes with a constant need for attention.


Absolutely right, but also, stop sending Trial Admin/Game Admin pings as a joke. While only a few people can @everyone, everyone can ping admins, and the more they meme the ping, the more admins are going to ignore it when people actually need them.

Basically, everyone is in the wrong and just stop pinging for jokes. The first one was funny, the following thirty ones weren't.
avatar art by Auros
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza/aria lacroix and i'm here to try
NSFW:
Image

User avatar
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:23 pm
Location: Commiefornia
Byond Username: Intigracy

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby lntigracy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:15 pm #438111

The problem is the first one getting away with it wlhile everyone else involved was punished severely.

Nervere wrote:Most of all, why would Rustledjimm ban someone for the same stupid shit he does all the time?: https://imgur.com/a/SuIvh5K


Double standards are retarded.
Last edited by lntigracy on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby iksyp » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:22 pm #438112

lntigracy wrote:The problem is the first one getting away with it for being an admin while everyone else involved was punished severely

the @everyone ping was completely unrelated to the @Trial Admin pings

User avatar
Qbmax32
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Dark, wet, disgusting basement
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Qbmax32 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:26 pm #438114

iksyp wrote:
lntigracy wrote:The problem is the first one getting away with it for being an admin while everyone else involved was punished severely

the @everyone ping was completely unrelated to the @Trial Admin pings




I don’t understand how this means anything. Jimm banned a player from the discord for doing something he had did less then an hour before.
Image
(Kevinz000 making himself huge during clockcult "testing". 150 hours!)
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&p=370393#p370393 for feedback plz
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead

CitrusGender wrote:I love it when people feed me my own fried legs

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby iksyp » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:56 pm #438118

Qbmax32 wrote:
iksyp wrote:
lntigracy wrote:The problem is the first one getting away with it for being an admin while everyone else involved was punished severely

the @everyone ping was completely unrelated to the @Trial Admin pings




I don’t understand how this means anything. Jimm banned a player from the discord for doing something he had did less then an hour before.

*banned 3
also i feel like some people might misconstrue this as "jimm gets mad that players did the same thing he did" and not what it actually was which is "3 people did this to fuck with admins and jimm banned them"

User avatar
Shezza
 
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Shezza » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:07 pm #438124

Sorry for getting in the way of your admin complaint but can i get unbanned?

User avatar
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:23 pm
Location: Commiefornia
Byond Username: Intigracy

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby lntigracy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:29 pm #438156

iksyp wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:
iksyp wrote:
lntigracy wrote:The problem is the first one getting away with it for being an admin while everyone else involved was punished severely

the @everyone ping was completely unrelated to the @Trial Admin pings




I don’t understand how this means anything. Jimm banned a player from the discord for doing something he had did less then an hour before.

*banned 3
also i feel like some people might misconstrue this as "jimm gets mad that players did the same thing he did" and not what it actually was which is "3 people did this to fuck with admins and jimm banned them"

It's not miscontruing it, it's exactly what he does regularly just aimed at a different crowd of people.

If it's okay to annoy everyone on the server at once with meme pings, then it should be fine to do it back to admins.

If pinging everyone with memes isn't a problem, then provide everyone on the server with access to @everyone.

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Cobby » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:04 pm #438292

What does RustledJimms conduct have to do with shezza being banned/unbanned?

Take that to admincomplaints (pm MSO your plight because it's not ingame) or NTR hut but this is getting derailed.
Image

User avatar
Rustledjimm
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Rustledjimm » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:32 am #438407

This is still denied considering the person in question is now also permanently banned on the server.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback!

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

User avatar
Shezza
 
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Shezza » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:44 am #438420

Since when ingame bans are paired with discord bans?
Afaik this was never a thing.

User avatar
Rustledjimm
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Rustledjimm » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:38 pm #438489

There is no precedent for discord bans.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback!

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

User avatar
Shezza
 
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Shezza » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:04 pm #438499

Image
Image

why the 180* then?

User avatar
Rustledjimm
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Rustledjimm » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:51 pm #438514

They can post on here if they want you unbanned. We don't handle appeals on discord.

Fact is you say everytime "I was dumb and promise I won't do it again" and you find something dumb to get banned over. Why should I have to keep banning you?
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback!

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

User avatar
Shezza
 
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Shezza » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:37 pm #438669

Rustledjimm wrote:They can post on here if they want you unbanned. We don't handle appeals on discord.


Owegno was asked about the ban and already answered to you guys on discord as far as I know. I bet there is no problem for him to post in this thread and repeat his stance.
NSFW:
Image


As for citrusgender
CitrusGender wrote:I try not to get my head wrapped around small stuff like this unless it becomes a problem. Nervere is probably right that we shouldn't be kicking people for worthless pings when we basically do the same.

Though, I know Shezza has been kicked for it before.

This is more that Jimm shouldn't @everyone-ing so that we can actually have consequences for shezza @trial admin-ing.
Though, it may be deeper than that. Anyways, I don't see any reason for this ban to stick. @owegno should weigh in since it's a headmin ban.


Rustledjimm wrote:Fact is you say everytime "I was dumb and promise I won't do it again" and you find something dumb to get banned over. Why should I have to keep banning you?


If I was a massive shitter on the discord this would be denied from the start by you or other headmins, It wasn't. I don't understand the previous 180* on the ban.
Last time I learned my lesson, I'm only human, I fuck up, I learn from it. I don't do it again.

User avatar
Owegno
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:53 pm
Location: Western Freedonia
Byond Username: Owegno

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Owegno » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:07 am #438680

I'll just post here for posterity sake, but I've changed my mind since your ingame ban. You can stay gone honestly.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby oranges » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:32 am #438736

mirroring bans across community locations is bad form because it lets admins remove people and also prevent them from protesting or drawing attention to it, the discord is essentially replacing the forum and should follow the same guidelines.

These bans should be considered separately and if you're not unbiased enough to do that you should recuse yourself.
Image

Dajcie mi człowieka, a paragraf się znajdzie

User avatar
Rustledjimm
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby Rustledjimm » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:49 am #438752

I denied this appeal before the ingame ban anyway. They clearly can't learn.

A second headmin has now also posted denying it so this is resolved.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback!

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

User avatar
CitrusGender
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:34 pm
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: Discord ban appeal

Unread postby CitrusGender » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:51 pm #438869

ok
Code: Select all
You can't eat the orange, and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit.


Return to Resolved Appeals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Vile Beggar and 0 guests