Why should we trust you?

Moderators: Jalleo, Vekter, Munchlax, oranges

Luke Cox

Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Why should we trust you?

Unread postby Luke Cox » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:27 am #438362

Anyone can make grandiose promises, but why should we trust you specifically to follow through on them?
Last edited by Luke Cox on Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:57 am.
Reason: Not a candidate

CitrusGender
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: Why should we trust you?

Unread postby CitrusGender » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:34 am #438369

probably the best question here IMO.

Shame it was asked so late. The only thing you can do is ask why some things were not accomplished during the next election and you might get an answer. Unfortunately now, you're only going to have written promises.
Code: Select all
You can't eat the orange, and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit.

BeeSting12
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Unread postby BeeSting12 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:22 am #438374

I haven't made drastic changes in my personality to gain votes. I just want the position to best represent the community's interests, not for muh powerboner or whatever.

I've fought for the changes I described in my thread before the headmin elections- these changes haven't just come out of nowhere with no discussion before the election. The best part of headmin elections is watching tons of "issues" noone cared about brought up as things that need to be changed now, yet they were never mentioned to the current headmins. I'm not saying all the other candidates do this- Sticky's been very consistent, Jcll has always had this view against harassment.

I'm also not promising anything crazy. A change to escalation policy and some adminhelping guidelines were it, and I'll say right now that the adminhelping guidelines are iffy- may/may not happen. I can almost guarantee some type of change to escalation policy. I'll note that Nervere has written an entire essay on stuff that needs to be changed, and these huge changes are usually not received well, require cooperation from all the headmins, admins, and player base, as a result they are rarely successful.

I haven't bullshitted anyone about what will change. No vaguespeak about roleplay changes. When I say I will make a change, I have a specific plan for it.
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

Doctor Pork

Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Unread postby Doctor Pork » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:14 pm #438473

At the end if the day there isn't anything I can do right now to prove you should trust me because my motivation will only come across as corrupt, all I can do is ask you do believe in me as an admin after this is over regardless of the outcome. I'm not going to feed you a line of shit to get you to trust me. The best I can do is prove it moving forward, headmin or not.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander

Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad

Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle

wubli
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Wubli

Unread postby wubli » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:58 pm #438574

I don't think I have been long enough for people to trust me for the things I've done. I can't say I love tooting my horn, but I'm pretty comfortable with my adminning and I was glad to know during my review that other people liked it. I guess the most consistent thing I can say is I am the same person you see in the game, so if you've been around when I was adminning or playing, that's the same attitude I'll have - and if you haven't, come fight me!

I believe that I'm good when it comes to sorting things out by talking. I would really like to be approachable and trustworthy for everyone, even though I know that's a difficult thing.

And since this thread is about trust: I didn't sugarcoat anything I said. From the first moment, I admitted that I would keep things from admins or players in extreme situations, such as someone's information being threatened. Even if this rings a bell and rubs someone the wrong way because of past experiences, I won't go back on it because I believe that if things are thoroughly analysed and sorted out by talking mistakes can be avoided.

Anything else I can say is mostly "uhhh just becauuuseee", but, yeah. I believe in myself and that's why I decided to sign up for the elections, and if I trust myself on this I feel confident enough for others to trust me too. I'm the same person that has always been around and I don't intend to change that.

i'll edit this later if I find anything else to say that isn't just "i have really pretty nails trust me"
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza/aria lacroix and i'm here to try

Stickymayhem
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Unread postby Stickymayhem » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:00 pm #438577

To be totally blunt, I've been headmin twice before, I've been a consistent source of advice and good opinions for years, and I know the game, the community and how to run events more than most people here.

I've done it before, I didn't abuse it then and I wouldn't now. I have the experience and right opinions on how to improve the game, and a really key thing is that I still play a shitload. I'm close to how the game works, I'm still robust and I still love just playing it. That's pretty rare in people who've been adminning for as long as I have.

Omni Tears

Spoiler:

Return to Candidate Debates