space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

General SS13 Chat

Moderators: Jalleo, Vekter, Munchlax

User avatar
angelstarri
 
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:03 am
Byond Username: Angelstarri

space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby angelstarri » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:31 am #450713

Just jail everyone for 9:59 minutes and confiscate their stuff permanently for every minor/medium crime because it's an IC suggestion and you can do whatever you want with everything below a 10 minute sentence being an IC issue :v)

Just kill everyone you can who are subject to previous precedent because you're able to kill someone ICly due to an OOC decision :v)

Just do whatever you want because you are not accountable to anything but the admins and even when you are adminhelped you can quote rules and precedents to get out of any bad situation for free :v)
Image



PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:09 am.
Reason: Shitpost

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Coconutwarrior97 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:45 am #450717

All of this seems subject to Rule 7 or Rule 1, if someones repeatedly being a dick and putting people in the brig for a 9:59 timer an admin will step in. Did something happen which caused you to make this post? Or is this just a general observation you've been having for a while?

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Farquaar » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:58 am #450735

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:All of this seems subject to Rule 7 or Rule 1, if someones repeatedly being a dick and putting people in the brig for a 9:59 timer an admin will step in.

User avatar
subject217
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 pm
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby subject217 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:45 am #450743

this is where the "bad faith" buzzword comes in as well as "rules lawyer"

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Dr_bee » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:01 am #450748

Fun fact, be careful what you wish for, because if space law becomes mandatory again I am totally brigging people for 2 minutes for petty shit every chance I get. because the LAW is behind me

Eskjjlj
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:26 am
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Eskjjlj » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:05 am #450749

Admins say they will act when people act in bad faith like that but in practice they'll go "oh you trespassed/stole that random item therefore it's valid." and they will slap you with a big fat IC ISSUE.
Only things you can do are:
1) Get good
2) Stop tiding
3) Play as sec

When you are sec I think it's fine to not arrest people who do things in good faith and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law those who are shitters since roundstart.
People who play sec just to grief people for petty things are cancer and so are most tiders. But tiders can't legally take you out of the round unlike sec.

User avatar
Davidchan
 
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Davidchan

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Davidchan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:03 am #450751

Imagine a world in which security players were required to not only enforce space law but follow it themselves, keeping each other in line.q
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby DemonFiren » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:49 am #450774

Davidchan wrote:Imagine a world in which security players were required to not only enforce space law but follow it themselves, keeping each other in line.q

like, shit, last time I arrested a HoS was on fucking Bay and that faggot broke both my legs
Spoiler:
then again it was JLP
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Nilons » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:50 am #450775

this sounds like a greytide salt thread
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
Lazengann
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:26 pm
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Lazengann » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:26 pm #450781

if you have a complaint about enforcement make an admin complaint

User avatar
Arianya
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:27 am
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Arianya » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:10 pm #450789

If you ahelp getting a 3 minute timer for trespass or something, yes you're gonna get brushed off. Don't do the crime if you don't want to do the time.

If someone is being a dick in security with stuff like 9minutes 59 second timers or holding you for extended amounts of time without a timer, feel free to ahelp it, and if its ignored for some reason make an admincomplaint. I can't enforce consistency on rulings which I never see.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby confused rock » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:04 pm #450814

Most would probably be much worse as sec if they actually followed space law. God forbid you hack into eva, no omnizine allowed since weed is bad.
10 minuted is hardly a nightmare, well maybe if on basil where rounds last a secondtury. Unless you’re going to gulag with 1000 points the fears are unneeded, but if I followed space law I could unzip an hour timer on any poor sap who prepared for war ops. In such a norp setting the only accurate part of space law is the capital punishments.
Image

User avatar
delaron
 
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:44 pm
Byond Username: Delaron

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby delaron » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:10 pm #450817

I recently played a couple rounds as security. I find it really helped shape my attitude when playing non sec in a positive manner. I am of the opinion jail time isnt a timeout from playing the game. People may want to take time to portray the character and make a story or experience out of it. Like if I am going to do things to get brig time and I want to interact with security I try to ensure its not a headache for them but rather an opportunity to chat and give them gameplay that isnt just combat mechanics. Sometimes Ill purposefully burn myself on the light bulb or do other medical related things to show that you have to care for your inmate and remove objects from at danger folks. Sometimes I will fess up to the crime and ask for a plea bargin. Remember sec players are playing the game too and their job is also a mini game to the station.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.

User avatar
SaveVatznick
 
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:40 am
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby SaveVatznick » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:51 pm #450825

Oftentimes your actual time being "brigged" is about five minutes longer than it says on the label, on account of dumbshit officers standing around the brig going through your stuff/ yelling over radio asking, "YO WHAT DID THIS GUY EVEN DO?" before taking a full minute to properly brig you. I've been held and bounced back & forth between officers for nearly entire rounds before.

Being handcuffed and grabbed counts as being brigged in my mind. As long as the cuffs are on, you're a passenger.
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: freedom land
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby iksyp » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:36 pm #450848

just don't get brigged retard
ignore this poster he has brain damage

User avatar
BeeSting12
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby BeeSting12 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:24 pm #450866

do the crime do the time
Stickymayhem wrote:you're right!

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

Click here to make incoherent rants about my badminning.

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:09 am.
Reason: Shitpost

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby PKPenguin321 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:11 am #451048

the way brig works right now is basically "sec can do whatever the fuck they want", but with spacelaw it's "sec now has to spend 5 seconds making up different reasons to arrest you (including any amount of trespass, resisting arrest, enemy of the corp, etc since those are so goddamn arbitrary) and can then do whatever they want" since it only concerns brig times anyways, they can still steal your shit or whatever. i agree it's a bit shit how it works but making space law mandatory isn't a great fix
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Farquaar » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:28 am #451051

Pretty sure enemy of the corporation only applies to Syndicates, cultists, wizards and revs
Basically the IC justification for executing or permaing antags

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Cobby » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:40 am #451069

I will IC issue most brig sentence times because if they're obviously unreasonable I also give permission to fight back.

If you don't want to get locked away consider not breaking the law or do it covertly?
purple man bad

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Screemonster » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:01 am #451071

rule 1 and escalation policy still applies to security so if they start a fight with you for literally no reason and steal your stuff then go ahead and treat them like anyone else who starts a fight with you for literally no reason and steals your stuff

if they don't wanna get dunked and have the admins ic-issue them when they complain then maybe they should consider not robbing people next round

User avatar
Ayy Lemoh
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Ayy Lemoh » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:57 am #451081

Screemonster wrote:rule 1 and escalation policy still applies to security so if they start a fight with you for literally no reason and steal your stuff then go ahead and treat them like anyone else who starts a fight with you for literally no reason and steals your stuff

if they don't wanna get dunked and have the admins ic-issue them when they complain then maybe they should consider not robbing people next round

Let's say you're not a space badass, though.

You try to fight and dunk the sec officer however he has the following tricks up his sleeve:
- ranged stuns
- ability to call for backup that trusts him more than you if they actually try to save him
- any backup will also have ranged stuns
- special immunity in escalation policy (although if they're a thief then it shouldn't apply to them)
- you will have to strike first (If you use nonlethals then he can't kill you for that however fucking with sec makes you seem like an antag so he is valid to kill you then)

your tricks are:
- random greyshirts may help you

Yeah, good fucking luck. You are definitely going to lose. If you say 'no because i would use bolas/explosive lances/some other bullshit' then you are not who I am referring to. I am referring to people who aren't robust enough to EASILY defeat any mildly competent security officer.

User avatar
Shezza
 
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Shezza » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:16 am #451147

I killbaited so many people as sec its absurd.

The escalation policy is a fucking joke that doesn't protect anyone from killbaiting like its supposed to.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
subject217
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 pm
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby subject217 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:16 am #451152

the escalation policy is designed to protect from ban baiting

it technically does this, it just makes the game significantly less fun because it enables kill baiting shitters by the boatload

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Lumbermancer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:39 am #451154

PKPenguin321 wrote: but with spacelaw it's "sec now has to spend 5 seconds making up different reasons to arrest you


You don't make shit up. Fun fact, every time someone throws a fit over their arrest, I always spell out all the reasons for them. Then I will bring the Space Law, to back it up. It just doesn't matter, they don't care.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image
Image

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby DemonFiren » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:49 am #451160

Lumbermancer wrote:It just doesn't matter, they don't care.

because space law is a suggestion and anyone who uses that suggestion as excuse to arrest people is obviously shitcurity
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Lumbermancer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:55 am #451162

You are right, punishment for murder is just a suggestion.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image
Image

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby DemonFiren » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:59 am #451163

Lumbermancer wrote:You are right, punishment for murder is just a suggestion.

it is, valids are entirely optional
and if what the murderer did wasn't valid admins will take care of it anyway
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Lumbermancer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:03 am #451164

Then say you want to remove security, stop beating around the bush.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image
Image

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby DemonFiren » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:29 am #451168

Lumbermancer wrote:Then say you want to remove security, stop beating around the bush.

hardly
I'm just arguing that shitcurity wil use both the mandatory and optional laws to justify its actions and claim they're in the right
that's the way it's always been
that's the way it works with the normal rules and roles, too
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Lumbermancer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:28 pm #451236

What are the "mandatory laws", enlighten me?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image
Image

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Nilons » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:31 pm #451237

DemonFiren wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:Then say you want to remove security, stop beating around the bush.

hardly
I'm just arguing that shitcurity wil use both the mandatory and optional laws to justify its actions and claim they're in the right
that's the way it's always been
that's the way it works with the normal rules and roles, too

Wrong I laugh at people who bring up space law in game too then set the timer according to how much of a cunt they're being
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby DemonFiren » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:32 pm #451238

Lumbermancer wrote:What are the "mandatory laws", enlighten me?

the idea of space law being enforced as security rule rather than optional guideline
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Lumbermancer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:37 pm #451239

But...you said shitcurity will use both mandatory and optional laws? I'm confused.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image
Image

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby DemonFiren » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:02 pm #451245

Lumbermancer wrote:But...you said shitcurity will use both mandatory and optional laws? I'm confused.

not at the same time
blood flow to brain limited due to blocked nasal passages
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Lumbermancer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:09 pm #451248

You're making zero sense.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image
Image

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby somerandomguy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:58 pm #451255

Lumbermancer wrote:You're making zero sense.

I think he means like
>be shitsec
>see someone break a window to tool storage to get a spear to fight cultists
>vandalism, brig for 3 mins (have to follow space law)
>see a known shitter have gloves of unknown origin
>no crime, brig for 5 anyway because they have to be up to something (breaks space law)
>oh snag the gloves too (theft)
>catch a traitor
>execute on the spot via harmbaton without any auth (breaks space law again)
>space/cremate the body
>barge into med too in case he was scanned (B&E)
You get the idea

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Nilons » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:05 pm #451256

somerandomguy wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:You're making zero sense.

I think he means like
>be shitsec
>see someone break a window to tool storage to get a spear to fight cultists
>vandalism, brig for 3 mins (have to follow space law)
>see a known shitter have gloves of unknown origin
>no crime, brig for 5 anyway because they have to be up to something (breaks space law)
>oh snag the gloves too (theft)
>catch a traitor
>execute on the spot via harmbaton without any auth (breaks space law again)
>space/cremate the body
>barge into med too in case he was scanned (B&E)
You get the idea

Replace "because it breaks space law" with "because it's cunty" and you have a superior system
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:11 pm
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Atlanta-Ned » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:18 pm #451258

this is a dumb thread and its getting dumber
Feedback pls (Don't bother though, because I am perfect)
### ListVarEdit by Atlanta-ned: /datum/reagents reagent_list: Water=/obj/item/weapon/gun/energy/alien
IcePacks wrote:>all you have is a taser and the cold realization that you're a haphazard bandaid over a problem that may or may not exist, applied by someone who doesn't know or care enough about their job to do it properly

User avatar
Kierany9
 
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:34 pm
Byond Username: Kierany9

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Kierany9 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:40 pm #451265

Nilons wrote:set the timer according to how much of a cunt they're being


this is the only true way to play sec

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Lumbermancer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:03 pm #451267

Nilons wrote:Replace "because it breaks space law" with "because it's cunty" and you have a superior system


Yes, open it more to personal interpenetration and feelings.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image
Image

ShrimpMantis
 
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:54 pm
Byond Username: Krab_Spider

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby ShrimpMantis » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:27 pm #451274

confused rock wrote:Most would probably be much worse as sec if they actually followed space law. God forbid you hack into eva, no omnizine allowed since weed is bad.


Cargo can order space suit crates. And in regards to omnizine....you can just grind the ambrosia deus or have the omnizine placed into another plant. If you don't want to be arrested, just don't break the law and you'll be fine.

User avatar
Davidchan
 
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Davidchan

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Davidchan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:45 pm #451278

somerandomguy wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:You're making zero sense.

I think he means like
>be shitsec
>see someone break a window to tool storage to get a spear to fight cultists
>vandalism, brig for 3 mins (have to follow space law)
>see a known shitter have gloves of unknown origin
>no crime, brig for 5 anyway because they have to be up to something (breaks space law)
>oh snag the gloves too (theft)
>catch a traitor
>execute on the spot via harmbaton without any auth (breaks space law again)
>space/cremate the body
>barge into med too in case he was scanned (B&E)
You get the idea


Queue sec mains 'ITS THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY!1!11!!!ONE'
If rule 4 applied to security the same way they abuse it (act like an antag get treated like an antag) there'd be a lot less people venting on the forums about shitsec as being shitsec in and of itself is antagonists to loyal crew, removing them from the round for extended periods of time and stealing their gear for personal use. Start treating security the same way you'd treat any greyshit running around stuncuffing people and locking them in maint, if the arrest reason isn't valid and air tight then what ever retribution coming towards sec should be valid. Any security player who thinks executing a nonantag for what was clearly a bad arrest is long overdue for a secban no matter how you spin it.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Nilons » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:00 pm #451283

Davidchan wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:You're making zero sense.

I think he means like
>be shitsec
>see someone break a window to tool storage to get a spear to fight cultists
>vandalism, brig for 3 mins (have to follow space law)
>see a known shitter have gloves of unknown origin
>no crime, brig for 5 anyway because they have to be up to something (breaks space law)
>oh snag the gloves too (theft)
>catch a traitor
>execute on the spot via harmbaton without any auth (breaks space law again)
>space/cremate the body
>barge into med too in case he was scanned (B&E)
You get the idea


Queue sec mains 'ITS THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY!1!11!!!ONE'
If rule 4 applied to security the same way they abuse it (act like an antag get treated like an antag) there'd be a lot less people venting on the forums about shitsec as being shitsec in and of itself is antagonists to loyal crew, removing them from the round for extended periods of time and stealing their gear for personal use. Start treating security the same way you'd treat any greyshit running around stuncuffing people and locking them in maint, if the arrest reason isn't valid and air tight then what ever retribution coming towards sec should be valid. Any security player who thinks executing a nonantag for what was clearly a bad arrest is long overdue for a secban no matter how you spin it.

first, sec gets treated differently because they literally cannot be antagonists
second, thats why so many people get secbans yeah
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Lumbermancer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:37 pm #451287

Davidchan wrote: Any security player who thinks executing a nonantag for what was clearly a bad arrest is long overdue for a secban no matter how you spin it.


Ahelp it.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image
Image

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Super Aggro Crag » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:35 pm #451312

"Suggest" this, anticitizen *grabs junk*
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
obscolene
 
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:37 am
Location: In it 2 win it :-]
Byond Username: Obscolene

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby obscolene » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:36 pm #451335

>see someone breaking a window
>tase them
>throw them into the wall and tell them to quit being a faggot

>see 2 people fighting in the halls
>tase them both
>tell them to quit being faggots
>drag one of them to the other side of the station and leave them there

>see someone hacking into captain's office
>tase them
>tell them to quit being a faggot while beating the shit out of them
>screwdriver the airlock panel closed and put it in your pocket
>walk away

there is literally no reason for the brig to exist. change my mind
obscolene#8796 | obscolene.cf

Image
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Image

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Farquaar » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:38 am #451338

obscolene wrote:>see someone breaking a window
>tase them
>throw them into the wall and tell them to quit being a faggot

>see 2 people fighting in the halls
>tase them both
>tell them to quit being faggots
>drag one of them to the other side of the station and leave them there

>see someone hacking into captain's office
>tase them
>tell them to quit being a faggot while beating the shit out of them
>screwdriver the airlock panel closed and put it in your pocket
>walk away

there is literally no reason for the brig to exist. change my mind

>walk away
>come back to find windows broken, a bloody corpse on the floor and the captain's office open with the locker missing

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: space law being a "suggestion" is a fucking joke

Unread postby Super Aggro Crag » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:39 am #451339

>do your job
>faggot screams SEC IS ROGUE
>suddenly hallway justice becomes a mass riot as uninformed greyshits and metabuddy faggots begin trying to kill you to save Dickhead McDoorhacker

The brig exists so you can stomp on the throats of the subhumans in relative peace.
Image
Image
Image

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Valtos and 11 guests