Movement Speed

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderator: In-Game Head Admins

obscolene

Byond Username: Obscolene

Re: Movement Speed

Unread postby obscolene » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:14 pm #467740

Istoprocent1 wrote:Skilled players are able to come out on top regardless of movement speed.

This is the most retarded fucking post I've ever read. This entire game revolves around stuns, AKA, the thing that makes your movement speed 0. Durrr me skilled player, me no need to move to win game.
sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)

[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

iamgoofball
Github User

Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Unread postby iamgoofball » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:39 am #467792

obscolene wrote:
Istoprocent1 wrote:Skilled players are able to come out on top regardless of movement speed.

This is the most retarded fucking post I've ever read. This entire game revolves around stuns, AKA, the thing that makes your movement speed 0. Durrr me skilled player, me no need to move to win game.

Stuns are getting removed by the coding staff. it's part of the big reworks they've been doing. So no, we're removing stuns.

RobustAndRun

Byond Username: RobustAndRun

Unread postby RobustAndRun » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:09 am #467803

This change has seriously balanced combat in favor of security, who currently begin the game with the ranged stun weapons favored by the meta.
Revheads+revs and cultists, who primarily use melee combat and gear have taken a serious nerf from what I've observed. 2slow4me

Also am I the only one who didn't see an issue with running from ranged projectiles? Yeah it's an unrealistic system, but SS13 isn't realistic and ranged stuns are already the unbeatable standard of ss13 combat.

confused rock

Byond Username: The unloved rock

Unread postby confused rock » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:00 am #467823

Revs and cultisfs can easily get number advantages, but in the past whe cultd and revs couldn’t instantly go loud and steamroll they had this strategy called “stealth” which I thought was an interesting way to dodge security attacks.

Steelpoint
Github User

Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Unread postby Steelpoint » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:28 am #467898

Inherently the average Security Officer has the advantage against the average Rev or Cultist, and in a straight up fight I'd weight more the Officer will stand tall instead of the Rev/Cultist.

The critical advantages of these antagonists is in their large numbers and, more importantly, stealth. The Officer is a constant walking red target that is always obvious whereas the Cultist or Rev has no hard tell (at least not until half the station is a cultist).;

In conclusion, suicidally charging a Security Officer should be a dangerous proposition, try employing stealth or mass numbers to gain the advantage.

4dplanner

Byond Username: 4DPlanner
Github Username: 4dplanner

Unread postby 4dplanner » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:33 pm #467925

iamgoofball wrote:
obscolene wrote:

Stuns are getting removed by the coding staff. it's part of the big reworks they've been doing. So no, we're removing stuns.

Stuns are getting removed? I haven't heard anything about this, and from my own looking into it it'd be extremely difficult to balance.

As to movement speed: it's better now, but I almost wish there was an option for it to automatically bump up when lag reaches high levels.

Edit: unless you mean in the VERY long term

Fatal

Byond Username: FatalX1

Unread postby Fatal » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:25 pm #468352

Movement speed changes so far are fine with some exceptions:

Secway and other mountable things

I've seen a few times now where people are taking advantage of these, because the movement speed of those doesn't seem to have been changed, or if it has, well, they have become more powerful in the change because people riding secways are uncatchable, and, given that speed wins, it really is annoying

wesoda25

Byond Username: Wesoda25

Unread postby wesoda25 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:32 pm #468353

Fatal wrote:Movement speed changes so far are fine with some exceptions:

Secway and other mountable things

I've seen a few times now where people are taking advantage of these, because the movement speed of those doesn't seem to have been changed, or if it has, well, they have become more powerful in the change because people riding secways are uncatchable, and, given that speed wins, it really is annoying

Theres a PR to fix this open right now.

WarbossLincoln

Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Unread postby WarbossLincoln » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:44 pm #468355

It makes speed drops a lot more meaningful, which is probably a good thing. If I get exposed to cold or injured bad I'm super slow compared to old speed. It makes getting hurt a bit more dangerous.
--Crocodillo

Previous

Return to Policy Discussion