Coming in hot a week later:

Byond account and character name: Tetr4 - Tet O'Weenie / Sword
Banning admin: MortoSasye
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Silicon job-ban
Ban reason and length: 7 days - breaking Asimov law 3
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 18h30 UTC
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story:
Started a round, ran to get borged. Got borged, name was changed, didn't want to play as a different name. Almost never successfully asked for a name change from a robo that did it specifically for his/her own, so didn't ask this time (asked for a name change later in the round and was denied). Committed suicide and asked for my brain to be taken out of the MMI and thrown in the trash.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
Short of ahelping for what I believed to be a very minor issue, my actions were the best course of action for not wanting to play as a borg with a different name (however petty this might seem). I could have gone braindead, gone out into space, or done anything else. The difference is I did it visibly for the roboticists, leaving all the parts there for reuse in another borg, and indicating that I no longer wished to be borged.

In addition, I've never seen Law 3 enforced in (many) situations where violating it doesn't affect any other players at all, and it seems to be considered an OOC action in these situations.

Lastly, 10-15 minutes later, I entered a posibrain hoping to play again. I was placed into a borg with the exact same name as before. I asked for a name change from the robos and was denied. I then played as a normal Asimov borg, setting up the sm and doing things as usual. Bwoinked later and told I would be banned for Asimov violations.

In short:
I did not want to play anymore, and killed myself in an obvious fashion where it would be the most helpful, and showed I did not want to play anymore. My OOC action of not wanting to play did not affect any other players, but was considered a violation of Asimov laws. The same situation happened again in the same round, and I stuck with the name and played as usual. Banned later for the initial suicide.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [MortoSasye] Tet O'Weenie - Asimov Law 3

Post by MortoSasye » #460275

Hello, thanks for appealing this!

I do apologize for telling you something first on one ahelp and then coming back to tell you that i had to ban you. That was due to me being informed properly about what the right course of action was, which in this case was to ban you... not because you suicided per se, but because you broke your law 3 of asimov and had a previous ban for breaking a law. This was done inmediately after being borged, and we didn't receive any ahelp from you asking to offer your body to the ghosts (which was the correct thing to do instead of suiciding.)

Noticing a cyborg suiciding is rare like you said, and in this case i got reports of what happened, that's how i found out.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Tetra
Byond Username: Tetr4

Post by Tetra » #460283

I initially appealed the previous note/ban based on the fact that it does not show the subtleties of the situation, and that it construes a different picture of me as a player than what actually happened and how it implies I play silicon. The ban was lifted, but the note was not amended.

Offering a body to ghost as a borg is a lot like offering it as any non-essential role, eg. offering your body up as the janitor. In addition, by suiciding, I was not occupying that 'job' slot by returning the materials, including the MMI, to the roboticists.

I'm not arguing that I didn't break Asimov in this case, but rather that law 3 wasn't compatible with what I wanted OOC. I would have offered up my body, for example, if the AI was malfunctioning or subverted, and my continued existence had any meaning to any players other than myself. Not wanting to play took precedence, and I would argue that there's no difference between offering my unsubverted, not-roundstart-borg body to a ghost (of which the only ghosts are roundstart observers), and getting deconstructed and my brain thrown in the trash. This exact sequence of events would probably have unfolded if I had simply gone braindead, and I would not be banned for the same as a non-evil cyborg is a non-essential role (especially with the other cyborgs the AI had).
Tetra
Byond Username: Tetr4

Post by Tetra » #460388

Also forgot to mention that the note says it was a force-borging, when it was not.
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #460421

lemmie just step in to point out that you have a direct restriction keeping you from destroying yourself in law 3, it's not like being a janitor that could just stab himself to death

silicons are expected to follow all of their laws, even just ghosting is more acceptable than suicide if you don't want to ahelp it.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #460423

Anyway, i will deny this pending headmin review since i already said the reason why i banned you and there's not much else to add.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW: