Hygiene Removal

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Moderators: MisterPerson, Giacom, Nienhaus, Code Maintainers

Should Hygiene be Removed

Yes
44
71%
No
16
26%
Abstain
2
3%
 
Total votes : 62

User avatar
MMMiracles
 
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:27 am
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby MMMiracles » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:04 am #468124

Qustinnus wrote:Also Denton no shit. This is why oranges needs to kill off all the maps that have no people updating them. The coders don't want to edit 7~ maps and then hope nothing conflicts while the PR is up.


I'm assuming you mean as in make the shower rooms more relevant/better suited, so here's a start.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.



User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby oranges » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:11 am #468127

that's some good shit right there tm tmtm
Image

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Qustinnus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:49 am #468130

MMMiracles wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:Also Denton no shit. This is why oranges needs to kill off all the maps that have no people updating them. The coders don't want to edit 7~ maps and then hope nothing conflicts while the PR is up.


I'm assuming you mean as in make the shower rooms more relevant/better suited, so here's a start.

awesome, yeah thats exactly what I mean

Scottbert
 
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:22 am
Byond Username: Scottbert

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Scottbert » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:58 am #468132

Scottbert wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:I get the impression...

I don't want an impression, I want their reasons. How can we give constructive feedback otherwise? What's bothersome to me is it doesn't seem to have been explained at any point. They leave us to guess at their goals, and then shrug off anything we say as not useful because we don't know what they're trying to do.

....

we can't help him find out if his idea is fun or not if he won't tell us what his idea is.

Qustinnus wrote:...if all you have to post is "You're goof 2" or "this is catgirl revenge"...I won't bother reading your posts


Clearly, you won't bother reading our posts no matter what we say. I'm here asking you to just tell us what you're trying to accomplish with the hygiene system so we can have a useful discussion about how to achieve it if it sounds like a good idea, or why it's a bad idea if it doesn't. Are you going to let us do that, or are you just going to keep pretending no one is trying to help you so you can feel victimized?

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Qustinnus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:03 am #468134

Scottbert wrote:
Scottbert wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:I get the impression...

I don't want an impression, I want their reasons. How can we give constructive feedback otherwise? What's bothersome to me is it doesn't seem to have been explained at any point. They leave us to guess at their goals, and then shrug off anything we say as not useful because we don't know what they're trying to do.

....

we can't help him find out if his idea is fun or not if he won't tell us what his idea is.

Qustinnus wrote:...if all you have to post is "You're goof 2" or "this is catgirl revenge"...I won't bother reading your posts


Clearly, you won't bother reading our posts no matter what we say. I'm here asking you to just tell us what you're trying to accomplish with the hygiene system so we can have a useful discussion about how to achieve it if it sounds like a good idea, or why it's a bad idea if it doesn't. Are you going to let us do that, or are you just going to keep pretending no one is trying to help you so you can feel victimized?

if you think that after me posting 3 times that there'll be an improvement PR and multiple posts that contain things I'll change I'm ignoring all posts youre clearly dumb. I've been reading every post I'm just stating that if the posts contain retarded insults I'll ignore the suggestion that post has.

theres a PR for you to read, go fucking do it instead of asking me 50 times.

Scottbert
 
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:22 am
Byond Username: Scottbert

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Scottbert » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:05 am #468141

Qustinnus wrote:theres a PR for you to read, go fucking do it instead of asking me 50 times.


Not everyone knows how to do that. I eventually did find it, so for anyone else wondering, here it is: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/41986

The relevant section is here:
Qustinnus wrote:This doesn't affect mood so plssss dont strawman in this PR about how I'm forcing you to shower or die or whatever

This PR is mostly visual and will allow for people to judge others for literaly being smelly as hell.

also NEET and neat traits which interact with being smelly. (neat likes hygiene, dislikes lack of it. NEETs like lack of hygiene and get some social welfare (20 bucks))

He has promised changes:
Qustinnus wrote:I'm going to remove the automatic draining of hygiene and make the sprite less obstructive, I might lower miasma rates and I'm going to nerf the NEET trait.


Now this, we can engage with!

What is the behavior, exactly, that you're trying to encourage people to judge? Running around in bloody clothes? It does affect mood though, when players stand under the shower and toggle it to clean the blood off their clothes, they get a negative mood. Taking off your clothes, showering them on the same tile, and putting the wet clothes back on is still putting wet clothes on and a needless extra step to avoid a mood that isn't well-integrated with this system. You could force us all to actually use the laundry system but I don't think anyone will be happy about it.

If bloody clothes are the main thing that ticks hygiene, this does feel like it mainly focuses on medbay, who are too busy trying to save lives and keep people in the game to immediately clean up when someone drags a body to cloning without using a bodybag or rollerbed. And if a lot of bodies come in in sequence, they may never have time to get around to it. Although, if we could find a way to encourage people to use those, I'd be all for it! I hate how messy medbay is, although I'm more concerned about the blood trails goddamn everywhere than whether our shoes and labcoats are bloodstained. (I wish people couldn't just waltz on in but sooner or later someone unlocks the front doors)

I've complained about the diseases, but lowering miasma rates might make that more reasonable, I look forward to finding out.

If you want to have a trait that makes people extra stinky and encourages us to make fun of them for it, I don't see a big problem with that -- they did opt into the trait, after all. As long as it can't be used to grief -- it's bad enough when the clown hangs around playing the same 5 second song over and over again, now imagine if the clown was also stinky and could infect you with diseases by doing that? That is not something anyone wants to deal with.

Likewise, if the hygiene system bothers people with the Neat trait, they opted into that and that's fine.

In short, I think it would help everyone deal with this system if it was clearer exactly what things are being 'punished' with inflicting hygiene. Not just on the immediate level ('not taking showers') but on the meta level ('the reason it's ticking down so fast is your clothes are dirty, and the reason your clothes are dirty is your workplace has blood and trash everywhere, clean it up'). I'd say maybe have it come with a HUD element that on mouseover tells you what's making you dirtier, but that might run into the problems you're trying to avoid by not making it a mood. But one way or another, people need a clear understanding of what they're doing that's encouraging others to call them stinky, and they have to have a real choice to not do that thing. 'You have a choice to not stop playing the game, go across the map, and risk your stuff getting stolen' isn't really a choice. 'You have a choice NOT to grab a body bag before dragging a bloody body through medbay' is a little more grippable, although in that case it'd help if we put a box of body bags in medbay lobby (Maybe there already is one and I didn't notice!)

So, are there some examples of what behaviors you're trying to punish here?

Qustinnus wrote:The mapping problem isn't my problem, because I'm not going to edit 8 maps, either the maintainers should cull non-maintained maps or the map maintainers should update the maps.

This is still wrong, though. You're the one making the change; Claiming negative results are other people's fault because they didn't do work that they never agreed to do to support your change doesn't look good. The informal nature of SS13 development cuts both ways -- People aren't being paid to follow some roadmap, and this means they won't follow you unless they want to.

Encouraging people to focus more on not doing the things that make them need to shower after such a short time (this is a 1-2 hour shift, it's not like they're going days without showering) rather than just hitting them with 'Hey, you're stinky now! Go do something that's a pain in the ass to get rid of it!' could, I think, solve both problems -- people will feel like it's less foisted on them if they have a reasonable chance to avoid triggering stink, and if they can avoid the stink before getting to the point that they need to shower, map accessibility of showers won't matter as much.

Edit: Quick addendum: Avoiding the stink shouldn't be ultra-tedious, either. I've seen HRP servers where they expect you to wash every item you're wearing and every surgery tool before and after surgery. Not only is this boring and tedious as shit, this is just not compatible with /tg/station's fast-paced gameplay. Don't try to turn /tg/station into that.

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Qustinnus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:17 am #468143

Scottbert wrote:Now this, we can engage with!

it was there before you started insulting me so good job.

Scottbert wrote:What is the behavior, exactly, that you're trying to encourage people to judge? Running around in bloody clothes? It does affect mood though, when players stand under the shower and toggle it to clean the blood off their clothes, they get a negative mood. Taking off your clothes, showering them on the same tile, and putting the wet clothes back on is still putting wet clothes on and a needless extra step to avoid a mood that isn't well-integrated with this system. You could force us all to actually use the laundry system but I don't think anyone will be happy about it.

people complained that showering with clothes is dumb and I should remove it so I did


Scottbert wrote:If bloody clothes are the main thing that ticks hygiene, this does feel like it mainly focuses on medbay, who are too busy trying to save lives and keep people in the game to immediately clean up when someone drags a body to cloning without using a bodybag or rollerbed. And if a lot of bodies come in in sequence, they may never have time to get around to it. Although, if we could find a way to encourage people to use those, I'd be all for it! I hate how messy medbay is, although I'm more concerned about the blood trails goddamn everywhere than whether our shoes and labcoats are bloodstained. (I wish people couldn't just waltz on in but sooner or later someone unlocks the front doors)

is already being solved in an upcoming

Scottbert wrote:I've complained about the diseases, but lowering miasma rates might make that more reasonable, I look forward to finding out.

If you want to have a trait that makes people extra stinky and encourages us to make fun of them for it, I don't see a big problem with that -- they did opt into the trait, after all. As long as it can't be used to grief -- it's bad enough when the clown hangs around playing the same 5 second song over and over again, now imagine if the clown was also stinky and could infect you with diseases by doing that? That is not something anyone wants to deal with.

literaly just tardwrangle players like that

Scottbert wrote:In short, I think it would help everyone deal with this system if it was clearer exactly what things are being 'punished' with inflicting hygiene. Not just on the immediate level ('not taking showers') but on the meta level ('the reason it's ticking down so fast is your clothes are dirty, and the reason your clothes are dirty is your workplace has blood and trash everywhere, clean it up'). I'd say maybe have it come with a HUD element that on mouseover tells you what's making you dirtier, but that might run into the problems you're trying to avoid by not making it a mood. But one way or another, people need a clear understanding of what they're doing that's encouraging others to call them stinky, and they have to have a real choice to not do that thing. 'You have a choice to not stop playing the game, go across the map, and risk your stuff getting stolen' isn't really a choice. 'You have a choice NOT to grab a body bag before dragging a bloody body through medbay' is a little more grippable, although in that case it'd help if we put a box of body bags in medbay lobby (Maybe there already is one and I didn't notice!)

resolving most of this as well


Scottbert wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:The mapping problem isn't my problem, because I'm not going to edit 8 maps, either the maintainers should cull non-maintained maps or the map maintainers should update the maps.

This is still wrong, though. You're the one making the change; Claiming negative results are other people's fault because they didn't do work that they never agreed to do to support your change doesn't look good. The informal nature of SS13 development cuts both ways -- People aren't being paid to follow some roadmap, and this means they won't follow you unless they want to.


viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17662&hilit=remove+map

I'm going by this thread and I won't stop because either the people maintaining the maps can do their job or we can go back to 1 map. I realize you dont dev in dreammaker but updating 7 maps in a PR is aids and will probably kill a PR. If they "never agreed to do the work" then they shouldnt be making maps for TG.


like for real oranges can we get a refresher on if anything from that thread will happen? I'd love to stop this shitty stagnation on most features because im apparently super lazy because I wont maintain 7 maps for each and every feature I put out.

User avatar
Denton
Github User
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Denton » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:27 am #468147

Qustinnus wrote:Also Denton no shit. This is why oranges needs to kill off all the maps that have no people updating them. The coders don't want to edit 7~ maps and then hope nothing conflicts while the PR is up.

I agree, fixing map merge conflicts is aboutas fun as root canal surgery.

I just think that if your PR makes map changes necessary, you should either include them in the PR or coordinate with someone who makes those changes for you.
Otherwise we get situations like stinky ghost roles which are unpleasant for everyone involved.

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Qustinnus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:30 am #468149

Denton wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:Also Denton no shit. This is why oranges needs to kill off all the maps that have no people updating them. The coders don't want to edit 7~ maps and then hope nothing conflicts while the PR is up.

I agree, fixing map merge conflicts is aboutas fun as root canal surgery.

I just think that if your PR makes map changes necessary, you should either include them in the PR or coordinate with someone who makes those changes for you.
Otherwise we get situations like stinky ghost roles which are unpleasant for everyone involved.

the entire ghost role thing was just a mistake on my part and I'm going to adress quite a few of the larger issues with hygiene hopefully.

User avatar
Denton
Github User
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Denton » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:36 am #468150

oranges wrote:I warned you guys about having too many maps, but you didn't listen.

That one's on maintainers, not on random contributors. Donutstation got merged and the birdboat PR is still open.

My solution would be opening a poll that results in the removal of all but three maps. One for low- one for med- and one for highpop.

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Qustinnus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:49 am #468153

Denton wrote:
oranges wrote:I warned you guys about having too many maps, but you didn't listen.

That one's on maintainers, not on random contributors. Donutstation got merged and the birdboat PR is still open.

My solution would be opening a poll that results in the removal of all but three maps. One for low- one for med- and one for highpop.

based post

Scottbert
 
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:22 am
Byond Username: Scottbert

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Scottbert » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:51 am #468154

Qustinnus wrote:people complained that showering with clothes is dumb and I should remove it so I did

Sweet! I guess I haven't played since this latest change, I haven't had much time for /tg/station today.
Qustinnus wrote:is already being solved in an upcoming
Sweet! Looking forward to it!
Qustinnus wrote:literaly just tardwrangle players like that
I spent most of a shift once chasing a clown around the medbay who was so loud and annoying I couldn't focus on saving people. I suck at tardwrangling :(

That day I learned you could turn instrument sounds off.

Qustinnus wrote:resolving most of this as well
Nice!


Qustinnus wrote:viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17662&hilit=remove+map

I'm going by this thread and I won't stop because either the people maintaining the maps can do their job or we can go back to 1 map. I realize you dont dev in dreammaker but updating 7 maps in a PR is aids and will probably kill a PR. If they "never agreed to do the work" then they shouldnt be making maps for TG.


like for real oranges can we get a refresher on if anything from that thread will happen? I'd love to stop this shitty stagnation on most features because im apparently super lazy because I wont maintain 7 maps for each and every feature I put out.

Alright, the thread makes a lot of good points. I haven't deved in dreammaker, and I'm too new to SS13 to judge how important multiple maps are. At the very least, maybe there needs to be some feature where a PR can specify to keep only certain maps in rotation if the PR is approved? Then if the PR turns out to suck, the maps can go back in when it's reverted -- and if people love the PR, then the maps stay out until they're updated.

It feels like there should be some protection against a coder deciding only their favorite map will be played on /tg/ for the forseeable future, but I didn't think my previous opinion through enough: there absolutely needs to be a way to quickly test and iterate on new features without making it compatible with a bunch of maps first.

Even if it's something like 'We're beta-testing this feature for a couple of days; all rounds will be on Metastation/Deltastation/whatever, then the change will be reverted and all maps will be open again until the revised version of the new feature goes up, repeat as many times as needed until feature is basically finished and becomes the new baseline, then update or cut maps from the new rotation'. But maybe that would be way too slow for the pace of SS13 development, I dunno.

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Qustinnus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:53 am #468156

coders dont have a favorite map because they dont play

Scottbert wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:people complained that showering with clothes is dumb and I should remove it so I did

Sweet! I guess I haven't played since this latest change, I haven't had much time for /tg/station today.
dunno.


also i think you misunderstood what i what trying to say. people complained that you could shower with clothes on.

User avatar
Anuv
 
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:34 pm
Byond Username: Anuv

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Anuv » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:56 am #468158

lmao at people getting this worked up about being forced to shower says a lot LOL
Image

Tlaltecuhtli
 
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:16 am
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Tlaltecuhtli » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:45 am #468174

hygiene should tick way faster when dirty and near 0 when you are clean

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Qustinnus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:57 am #468178

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:hygiene should tick way faster when dirty and near 0 when you are clean

it does

User avatar
Denton
Github User
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Denton » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:39 pm #468188

Qustinnus wrote:the entire ghost role thing was just a mistake on my part and I'm going to adress quite a few of the larger issues with hygiene hopefully.

That's good to hear. Let me know if you need any help mapping shit

User avatar
WarbossLincoln
 
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 pm
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby WarbossLincoln » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:08 pm #468191

The best part is having to taser everyone in the dorm showers as an officer so they don't rob me the second I start to strip to get clean.
--Crocodillo

User avatar
saprasam
 
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:42 pm
Byond Username: Saprasam

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby saprasam » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:34 pm #468206

imagine having to take a shower in a jank atmos simulator which adds fucking nothing except tedium
really makes me think what shit people are smoking when they think of stuff like economy and hygiene

Tlaltecuhtli
 
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:16 am
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Tlaltecuhtli » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:10 pm #468209

@quinnus it doesnt feel enough tho like i was in fucking space for 10 min and i was smelly? wtf?

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Qustinnus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 pm #468220

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/42312

for the people 2 lazy to look at github, small tweak PR while i work on the bigger PR

datorangebottle
 
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:53 am
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Please remove stench.

Unread postby datorangebottle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:55 pm #468225

It is a pointless and annoying mechanic that makes traitors' jobs way too easy- just wait for your target to shower, then shoot them to death and steal their shit, space the corpse. The mechanic was implemented without changing the maps to better support it, and the green gas clouds are just obnoxious and cause everyone to make fun of you because you didn't take a shower in the last five minutes. Immediately becoming green and stinky when it kicks in is crap. Making people drop whatever they're doing and get clean or be mocked and ridiculed isn't a very fun system.

Every time it's brought up in OOC chat, it gets a lot of hate- I don't understand how something can be reviled by the playerbase and still be in the game in the shape it is.

In addition, if it continues to exist, certain alien races shouldn't be affected by it- plasmemes especially, given that they're in a sealed environment suit. Heads of staff and security should have private showers with door bolts so that they can't be fucking murdered in the middle of a shower.

I'd like to know the logic behind this change- it seems like something Goon or Bay would add, but haven't because it's a bad game mechanic.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Please remove stench.

Unread postby oranges » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:12 am #468229

ha-ha what a story mark
Image

Zarniwoop
 
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:47 pm
Byond Username: Dagum

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Zarniwoop » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:13 am #468230

Qustinnus wrote:https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/42312

for the people 2 lazy to look at github, small tweak PR while i work on the bigger PR


They're not lazy, they just don't think periodic showering is a fun feature.

User avatar
zxaber
 
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:00 am
Byond Username: Zxaber

Re: Please remove stench.

Unread postby zxaber » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:29 am #468233

The mocking thing has pretty much gone it's course and has been dropped. And waiting for your target to shower is a terrible system because most of the players legit don't care. I think it's an unnecessary feature, but it doesn't even really have any harsh downsides either. It has all the impact that wire colors do.

Anyway, it's being changed a bit, and there's an existing thread in Feedback besides. Go yell at Qustinnus there.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
Image
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"

Zarniwoop
 
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:47 pm
Byond Username: Dagum

Re: Please remove stench.

Unread postby Zarniwoop » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:02 am #468235

Don't give them outs by giving them tweaks to fix. Stench cloud or not, miasma or not, periodic showering isn't a fun concept and it doesn't fit the playstyle people come to tg for.

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:15 am.
Reason: braap posting

User avatar
duckay
 
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:40 pm
Location: 25.3°N 91.7°E
Byond Username: Duckay

Re: Please remove stench.

Unread postby duckay » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:32 am #468242

Zarniwoop wrote:Don't give them outs by giving them tweaks to fix. Stench cloud or not, miasma or not, periodic showering isn't a fun concept and it doesn't fit the playstyle people come to tg for.


/thread
something

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Please remove stench.

Unread postby iamgoofball » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:11 am #468247

Zarniwoop wrote:Don't give them outs by giving them tweaks to fix. Stench cloud or not, miasma or not, periodic showering isn't a fun concept and it doesn't fit the playstyle people come to tg for.

this says a lot about the average tg player

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Please remove stench.

Unread postby Shadowflame909 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:26 am #468250

iamgoofball wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Don't give them outs by giving them tweaks to fix. Stench cloud or not, miasma or not, periodic showering isn't a fun concept and it doesn't fit the playstyle people come to tg for.

this says a lot about the average tg player


this says a lot about the average coder

User avatar
braincrab
 
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:10 am
Byond Username: Braincrab

Re: Please remove stench.

Unread postby braincrab » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:54 am #468260

I registered my account just to say yes to the removal of this stupid shit.

absolute garbage all throughout, its an unfun feature at its core, forcing you to do mundane shit and abandon all your gear on the floor and make yourself vulnerable every 5 minutes so that you don't start poisoning yourself is a damn stupid idea.

not only that but its implemented poorly, somehow beings literally made of energy and plasmamen, literal skeletons made of plasma inside sealed environment suits, somehow get dirty, this also applies to all other types of environment suit, such as hardsuits.

and too top it all off, nobody changed any maps to compensate or though about antags, good luck showering on the station as a nukie, and good luck finding a shower anywhere if your exploring space. even as crew there are only two real locations to shower, the medbay and the single shower room in the bathrooms stuck on some obscure corner on the map.

this sort of garbage shouldn't have been added in the first place, what's next, clean your clothes or you'll get itchy and run slower?
Ethan Retaks not my real name, I main Terry/Sybil

User avatar
braincrab
 
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:10 am
Byond Username: Braincrab

Re: Please remove stench.

Unread postby braincrab » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:07 am #468271

holy fucking shit they actually added washed clothes making you feel better
Ethan Retaks not my real name, I main Terry/Sybil

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Qustinnus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:32 am #468275

Zarniwoop wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/42312

for the people 2 lazy to look at github, small tweak PR while i work on the bigger PR


They're not lazy, they just don't think periodic showering is a fun feature.

what does that have to do with showering you mouthbreather. I just said they're too lazy to look at github.

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Dr_bee » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:09 am #468302

Reading the PR, it looks like a good first step.

This reminds me so much of when moodlets was added. Sure it is a rough system right now, but it can be improved upon, and it provides a mechanical reason to do roleplay actions. Give it time for the kinks to be worked out.

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Shadowflame909 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:41 pm #468317

I don like it because we're enforcing arpee with code instead of rules

Headmins explain?!?!

Zarniwoop
 
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:47 pm
Byond Username: Dagum

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Zarniwoop » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:58 pm #468319

Qustinnus wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/42312

for the people 2 lazy to look at github, small tweak PR while i work on the bigger PR


They're not lazy, they just don't think periodic showering is a fun feature.

what does that have to do with showering you mouthbreather. I just said they're too lazy to look at github.


>periodic showeting isn't fun

>omfg what does that have to do with showering mouthbreather

You seem incapable of taking criticism without insulting people. The feature isn't fun or interesting, you don't have to look at the PR to know that. And I did look at the PR, before you get triggered again and start reee'ing at me over it.

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Qustinnus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:14 pm #468325

Zarniwoop wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/42312

for the people 2 lazy to look at github, small tweak PR while i work on the bigger PR


They're not lazy, they just don't think periodic showering is a fun feature.

what does that have to do with showering you mouthbreather. I just said they're too lazy to look at github.


>periodic showeting isn't fun

>omfg what does that have to do with showering mouthbreather

You seem incapable of taking criticism without insulting people. The feature isn't fun or interesting, you don't have to look at the PR to know that. And I did look at the PR, before you get triggered again and start reee'ing at me over it.

holy shit I said "For the people too lazy to look at github, here is a link to the PR I made". This in no shape, way or form is about the showering you retard. How the fuck did you read a comment that says "too lazy to look at github" and think "wow hes calling me lazy because I dont like his PR"

there is like, zero correlation there. I'm not insulting you because you gave criticism, I'm insulting you because you have such little reading comprehension that even comments that in no single way are about showering are somehow about showering to you.

User avatar
Grazyn
 
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Grazyn » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:27 pm #468332

Shadowflame909 wrote:I don like it because we're enforcing arpee with code instead of rules

Headmins explain?!?!

>code
>he asks headmins

User avatar
WarbossLincoln
 
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 pm
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby WarbossLincoln » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:10 pm #468362

Qustinnus wrote:there is like, zero correlation there. I'm not insulting you because you gave criticism, I'm insulting you because you have such little reading comprehension that even comments that in no single way are about showering are somehow about showering to you.


He's not talking about that one specific PR dummy. He's talking about the hygiene system in general in response to your too lazy comment. You're way too hostile to feedback to be writing code for something other people use.
--Crocodillo

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Qustinnus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:52 pm #468367

WarbossLincoln wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:there is like, zero correlation there. I'm not insulting you because you gave criticism, I'm insulting you because you have such little reading comprehension that even comments that in no single way are about showering are somehow about showering to you.


He's not talking about that one specific PR dummy. He's talking about the hygiene system in general in response to your too lazy comment. You're way too hostile to feedback to be writing code for something other people use.

>quote a message
>directly reply to the message
>"it's for the general system"

Again,feedback is fine and I'm incorportating it, but idiotic c replies are fucking annoying and im not going to pretend I enjoy listening to them.

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby somerandomguy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:22 pm #468370

Qustinnus wrote:
WarbossLincoln wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:there is like, zero correlation there. I'm not insulting you because you gave criticism, I'm insulting you because you have such little reading comprehension that even comments that in no single way are about showering are somehow about showering to you.


He's not talking about that one specific PR dummy. He's talking about the hygiene system in general in response to your too lazy comment. You're way too hostile to feedback to be writing code for something other people use.

>quote a message
>directly reply to the message
>"it's for the general system"

Again,feedback is fine and I'm incorportating it, but idiotic c replies are fucking annoying and im not going to pretend I enjoy listening to them.

Just shitpost at them instead

Zarniwoop
 
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:47 pm
Byond Username: Dagum

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Zarniwoop » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:04 pm #468372

Qustinnus wrote:
WarbossLincoln wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:there is like, zero correlation there. I'm not insulting you because you gave criticism, I'm insulting you because you have such little reading comprehension that even comments that in no single way are about showering are somehow about showering to you.


He's not talking about that one specific PR dummy. He's talking about the hygiene system in general in response to your too lazy comment. You're way too hostile to feedback to be writing code for something other people use.

>quote a message
>directly reply to the message
>"it's for the general system"

Again,feedback is fine and I'm incorportating it, but idiotic c replies are fucking annoying and im not going to pretend I enjoy listening to them.


Unless the feedback is that players don't like it and it should be removed, apparently. Look at the poll. People don't want fixes incorporated, they want the feature gone completely because they don't come to tg for this kind of gameplay. You're throwing a childish tantrum because you aren't getting the feedback you want but feedback isn't about what *you* want so grow the fuck up. Or just go full oranges/goof and shitpost instead of taking anything seriously. I'd personally prefer you pull a Xhuis, remove your PR and hit the road, if this is what a shitfit you're gonna throw when people don't like shitty ideas like hygiene. Did you really honestly think people would be into this?

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Qustinnus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:24 pm #468375

Zarniwoop wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:
WarbossLincoln wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:there is like, zero correlation there. I'm not insulting you because you gave criticism, I'm insulting you because you have such little reading comprehension that even comments that in no single way are about showering are somehow about showering to you.


He's not talking about that one specific PR dummy. He's talking about the hygiene system in general in response to your too lazy comment. You're way too hostile to feedback to be writing code for something other people use.

>quote a message
>directly reply to the message
>"it's for the general system"

Again,feedback is fine and I'm incorportating it, but idiotic c replies are fucking annoying and im not going to pretend I enjoy listening to them.


Unless the feedback is that players don't like it and it should be removed, apparently. Look at the poll. People don't want fixes incorporated, they want the feature gone completely because they don't come to tg for this kind of gameplay. You're throwing a childish tantrum because you aren't getting the feedback you want but feedback isn't about what *you* want so grow the fuck up. Or just go full oranges/goof and shitpost instead of taking anything seriously. I'd personally prefer you pull a Xhuis, remove your PR and hit the road, if this is what a shitfit you're gonna throw when people don't like shitty ideas like hygiene. Did you really honestly think people would be into this?


says the retard that couldn't even read my post properly. im not removing hygiene, if you want go argue with oranges about it.

User avatar
Floiven
 
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:20 pm
Byond Username: Brak7000

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Floiven » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:36 pm #468377

Zarniwoop wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:
WarbossLincoln wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:there is like, zero correlation there. I'm not insulting you because you gave criticism, I'm insulting you because you have such little reading comprehension that even comments that in no single way are about showering are somehow about showering to you.


He's not talking about that one specific PR dummy. He's talking about the hygiene system in general in response to your too lazy comment. You're way too hostile to feedback to be writing code for something other people use.

>quote a message
>directly reply to the message
>"it's for the general system"

Again,feedback is fine and I'm incorportating it, but idiotic c replies are fucking annoying and im not going to pretend I enjoy listening to them.


Unless the feedback is that players don't like it and it should be removed, apparently. Look at the poll. People don't want fixes incorporated, they want the feature gone completely because they don't come to tg for this kind of gameplay. You're throwing a childish tantrum because you aren't getting the feedback you want but feedback isn't about what *you* want so grow the fuck up. Or just go full oranges/goof and shitpost instead of taking anything seriously. I'd personally prefer you pull a Xhuis, remove your PR and hit the road, if this is what a shitfit you're gonna throw when people don't like shitty ideas like hygiene. Did you really honestly think people would be into this?

Have you ever considered not being such an abrasive asshole to people that you want to discuss things with? Maybe you're not getting the amount of consideration you think you deserve because they're assuming you're posting in bad faith, and don't deserve a measured response.

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:44 pm.
Reason: braap posting

Zarniwoop
 
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:47 pm
Byond Username: Dagum

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Zarniwoop » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:26 pm #468394

Floiven wrote:Have you ever considered not being such an abrasive asshole to people that you want to discuss things with? Maybe you're not getting the amount of consideration you think you deserve because they're assuming you're posting in bad faith, and don't deserve a measured response.


You should say this to the coder calling people retards and mouthbreathers.

Qustinnus wrote:there is like, zero correlation there. I'm not insulting you because you gave criticism, I'm insulting you because you have such little reading comprehension that even comments that in no single way are about showering are somehow about showering to you.


Its a feedback thread about showering. Respond to the point that the players don't like it and don't want it instead of crying that I'm not addressing you exactly as you want. Why you would expect the utmost civility while even the jackoffs in charge constantly shitpost instead of replying sincerely is beyond me.

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:39 pm.
Reason: braap posting

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby oranges » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:44 pm #468398

he's calling you a retard because you are
Image

wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby wesoda25 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:49 pm #468402

This thread is becoming really dumb really quick.

But fear not, an official poll is up in game.

Lets remove this shit wooooooooooooooo

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Hygiene Removal

Unread postby Qustinnus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:51 pm #468403

wesoda25 wrote:This thread is becoming really dumb really quick.

But fear not, an official poll is up in game.

Lets remove this shit wooooooooooooooo

unless the poll was made by oranges it literaly doesn't matter.

PreviousNext

Return to Coding Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: granpawalton and 3 guests