Appeals which have been closed.
jackrip
Byond Username: Jackrip

[Plapatin] Jackrip - 3 day ban

Post by jackrip » #467805

Byond account and character name: Jackrip

Banning admin: Plapatin

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Game

Ban reason and length: "As a non-antagonist during a secret extended round, killed 3 people (at least from what I can gather in the logs) and then complained in ahelp about being gibbed "for no reason". 3 days.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 01-08-2019 06:41:45 PST

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Unknown

Your side of the story: I wasn't online when I was banned (Because I was grinded up), so I was surprised when I saw that I was banned. I know I got into a fight with one person who tried to kill me, and ended up killing them. They definitely started it though. I was grinded up by a security officer who thought I was ling because I killed the asshole who tried taking me out. I would like to know who else I killed and what with, because I don't remember anyone else dying to me. The logs for the round would be great. I don't just go murdering willy nilly as a non antag unless someone has hit me enough to defend with lethal force.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think there was a misunderstanding as I did not murder three people in cold blood. A single person tried ganking me, I defended myself, and then a sec officer gibbed me claiming I was a ling. No one else died.
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: [Plapatin] Jackrip - 3 day ban

Post by Plapatin » #467806

There was a lot happening when this ban was placed.
The logs are taken from this round: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... und-99925/
Unfortunately, I screwed up and was trying to deal with an ahelp I had little to no context for, and didn't scroll up enough in the attack log to realize the assistant you got into a fight with started it. You were disconnected when I investigated and I couldn't really get any information.
This was a major blunder on my part, and I deeply apologize. There was a lot of confusion.
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: [Plapatin] Jackrip - 3 day ban

Post by Plapatin » #467807

The ban was lifted. Sorry for the trouble.
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose